View Poll Results: What would you rather?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Launch with a KO panel just like every other server, while you work on getting it more secured.

92 49.46%
  • Secure the KO panel completely to prevent the server from getting hacked.

94 50.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KO Panel poll

This is a discussion on KO Panel poll within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I think we all know the consequences of being hacked on the server. If we do get hacked, we would ...
Page: 1

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Default KO Panel poll

I think we all know the consequences of being hacked on the server. If we do get hacked, we would lose the money we spent and the time we put it, but it all comes down to what the community thinks and whether people want to wait any longer or have been away from the game/fed up with K2 and want to play simple KO right now.

I personally wouldn't mind if I lose the 50$ or so that I will spend on the server... as for time, sure it's valuable, but let's be realistic, all the people on these forums are no different then I am and would enjoy every minute of it.
    Last edited by tHeUnBeAtAbLe; 03-26-2010 at 08:01 PM.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

We already know everyones vote...
    its YES... i doubt this is the only problem

Use the poll function for the poll?

Edit: done :P

Usually I would say:
    Secure the KO panel completely to prevent the server from getting hacked.
    But right now i voted that:
    Launch the server soon(now) with a KO panel just like every other server, while you work on getting it more secured.
    Is there possible to launch it w/o panel at all ?
    So you could work with it while it's on ?

launch with no panel while the panel gets secured and do what u did in the beta

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

I honestly believe they should just launch the server with an alternate panel, or no panel at all until theirs is completed. But I do believe them waiting this long just to secure their own panel to launch the server and then coming up short for the March 27th supposed launch date is going to make users continue in their other private servers, or start in other ones, because like you said, Summer is only a couple months away and I bet alot of players would much rather get the hardcoring out of their system now so they can do some laid back pk/farming during the summer time.

We all know that you can launch a server with no panel, the panel just makes things 10x easier. But at this point what other options does the KO4Life staff have? They can do some kind of registration page or topic like they did for the beta, or something of the sort. If their PUS is completely working ingame then they will have no issues with donations, otherwise the GMs should be able to handle the donations for KC/Premium.

But suffice it to say, there ARE other alternatives to launch the server on time despite their KO Panel not being finished completely.

Aperion

gz nice thread they should open the server with not complete secured lots of ppl disappointed coz, 1st open the server then fix what u gona fix..

PUS ruined this server even it hasnt started yet. Much faster then K2 :S +1

Quote Originally Posted by skeletka View Post
    PUS ruined this server even it hasnt started yet. Much faster then K2 :S +1
    Wait, what?

if they launched with no panel a month ago server would of been good

i would love to start right a way without a pannel,
    however, my experience tells me that when it's not secured ( good enough at least) and hacks/exploits/dupe gets active.. the entire future of the server is raped.

there will always be hackers/dupers/exploiters who will get away with it..
    don't wanna see that happen...

but i dont think the question is, : start now w/o pannel or go with pannel
    i think the question will be:
    What are the future plans of the server? like devile said, he doesn't know if they are gonna continue with this project...

well Devil took a Decision and you guys should respect instead making new threads like this, its make admins work more by reading this kind of threads + spending time + stressing them , come on let them work.

You should know that devil is looking for the best private ever and he want to make a GREAT SERVER , not an "another private server" , Security is almost everything , if we get hacked/ddos'ed/atacked/crash'ed/w.e ,we gonna loose everything =.=, trust me , is not a wise decision to set up the pannel without a gg security , it gonna fail by the way , just wait till Devile gives us a good news, be patient.

No Flames ( grow up for those ppl that still flaming w/o reason).

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    well Devil took a Decision and you guys should respect instead making new threads like this, its make admins work more by reading this kind of threads + spending time + stressing them , come on let them work.

You should know that devil is looking for the best private ever and he want to make a GREAT SERVER , not an "another private server" , Security is almost everything , if we get hacked/ddos'ed/atacked/crash'ed/w.e ,we gonna loose everything =.=, trust me , is not a wise decision to set up the pannel without a gg security , it gonna fail by the way , just wait till Devile gives us a good news, be patient.

No Flames ( grow up for those ppl that still flaming w/o reason).
    That's what the thread is for, to see whether people won't care if they lose their money and time spent into the server if the server is hacked in any case.

Trust me on this, if any people should have felt the biggest loss in KO, it's the MYKO old players. I've played MYKO for about 3 years and at the end of it, it simply closed down. Imagine how much people were frustrated with a 3 year waste of time. To be honest it was just the moment of anger within the community when it reached them, but after some time we came to realize that it was all for our entertainment satisfaction and it was worth every moment.

All I'm trying to bring with that point is, if the server does get attacked and the time and money we put into is all lost, it's honestly not that bad. If by any chance the server will be taken down by the DDOSers then it will probably be within the first 3 months or so, if not sooner.... so compare 3 months of "waste" to 3 years of "waste", and yet take into consideration that people were fine once MYKO closed down.

PS. I don't understand why some people such as yourself and StoneColdKillah are voting when you mentioned that you are not even going to the server.

Scythe

Well ill tell you something, even when panel would be hacked the only thing you can loose is your time to make a new one + very little time on serwer, why? couse all data are in database and its not so big problem to make a backup of players characters data?

my life isnt only KO and most of time im waiting for something already so i have no problem to wait a lil longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast