Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

General Consensus

This is a discussion on General Consensus within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; lol blaster wtf are you saying, 20 harpy's???? hell no, one of them is close to 10, other spot is ...
Page: 4

xiahou_yuan

lol blaster wtf are you saying, 20 harpy's???? hell no, one of them is close to 10, other spot is around 5
    and as the guy above me said, lvl is the only thing that makes mages stronger in pk, now you wanna take that away from them too? then why not just remove mages from game since they will suck anyway???

huyan Dude I cant stand you anymore, you are just a pain in the ass for me in every topic I read, you cant even give some feedback, all you do is flaming. If you are going to argue with me, please learn to count to 20. So I just wasted my time to prove it here.

[IMG=http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4202/harpy1v.th.jpg][/IMG]
    [IMG=http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/690/harpy2.th.jpg][/IMG]

READ THIS BEFORE YOU REPLY:

MAGES do not need master to hit as truck with their novas. Yet they should not level that fast. If you compare the exp gain from old USKO, lets say that melee parties have 600% more exp now talking about the beta (60k for apo) but mages have same increase in exp per harpy + they got (ok I was wrong before... not 10 more, but 5 more harpies, but its still terrible advantage) Not everyone knew that mages are going to level that fast now and I expect to have alot more mages as the % of total players than on beta, thats what I am hearing from guys ingame.

xiahou_yuan

1) you can't lure all the harpy's in 2nd spot because they are way too far.
    2) there are no harpy's in the hometowns piana and breth.
    I remember lvling there with mages, they lure 3 groups of 5, so it makes 15 harpy's, so there is NO difference between old KO.
    so dude seriosly, atleast try looking at this trough a mages eye.
    and I'm not here to flame, re-read my post.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I remember lvling there with mages, they lure 3 groups of 5, so it makes 15 harpy's, so there is NO difference between old KO.
    1) then get a warrior with provoke? cooldown on provoke has been lowered so that they can pull harpies without them running back
    2) theres not supposed to be, this is old KO not ROFD

i have looked at the game through a mages eyes, as all ive ever played in KO are mages.............

also blaster, mages have ALWAYS leveled faster than melee...aoe harpies since the beginning of ko has always been faster than melee xp, its nothing WE did its how the game is. mages can kill more mobs/minute than melee can, in fact the only xp that compares to aoe xp is 3 spawn trolls for melee

Fafama

i might say this is too hard to lure all of them in 1st stages of server cuz most of the mages are paper and they die maybe in 2nd hit of the harpy even when they are buffed.

I know it cuz im mage long time already

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I will quote you to for a purpose, maybe you will find something interesting now finally. Now I stop the not productive and useless chat with you.

Quote Originally Posted by :Blaster: View Post
    One thing I was just thinking about...

I dont want to say nerf mages, but with the doubled slots of harpy in CZ, mages can exp 2 times faster than any other classes out there (yea I know they need buffer and swifter, but well thats 2 "leechers" only) While melee parties are the ones that do exp very slowly. I would suggest to either decrease the number of harpies per spawn (like 7 of them instead of original 5 from KO) or make it like it was - 5 harpy per spawn, BUT make 3 spawns so the mages will need to think more on how to lure it (or just find a provoker) so they would still have more exp than casual melee apo party, but not more than 2 times like it is now. I would not suggest to lower the exp gain from harpies, just because melee parties also exp there sometimes.

/Magic_shield_on

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post

also blaster, mages have ALWAYS leveled faster than melee...aoe harpies since the beginning of ko has always been faster than melee xp, its nothing WE did its how the game is. mages can kill more mobs/minute than melee can, in fact the only xp that compares to aoe xp is 3 spawn trolls for melee
    I know cama and I am aware of that. I said mages really should be fastest in gaining the exp. But hell NOT THAT (if you try to count the exp) like 2,5 times faster than casual melee party.

I tried to give some feedback myself which wasnt discussed before, I am sure devs just wanted to make aoe more profitable, but from my eyes I see they didnt think about balance consequences.

xiahou_yuan

2) theres not supposed to be, this is old KO not ROFD
    since when is emc and luferson ROFD patch? lol
    there were always harpy's in old KO.

I'm unsure of the current XP rate, but in my opinion getting to level ~61 should be a formality, a matter of 4 or 5 days of casual play. The bulk of the game shouldt take place on the road to 70 and at endgame.

I never enjoyed low level pvp, some people may like it which is why they constantly hopped servers, but investing so much of my time in an old game and having to go through the same painful grinding with hardly any of the available skills is not worth it in my opinion, and several old ko friends have expressed the XP rate as the only barrier to their playing on this server.

In my opinion, the XP rate should by default be about 50% higher than the base rate right now, at least. I was getting bored by level 40. You can add premium and event xp on top of that. Some people have said that if people hit endgame too fast they will get bored. My retort to that is that if the game is clean, with no duping and corruption, then it will be extremely difficult to gear up characters and people will always have a goal to work towards. People will probably remember when USKO was legit, getting an IN or a defense belt could take months if not years, but after the reign of arestides they were all over the market and characters could be geared overnight.

Also, if blizzard was running this, I'm pretty sure they would have nerfed the XP rate on harpies a lot by now. It isn't fair or balanced that a couple of xp spots give considerably better xp than anywhere else. It's just stupid and promotes elitism.

Oh, and I dunno what you did to the anvil but it was never like this in original USKO or MYKO. Breaking stuff to +3 used to incredibly rare unless u used a cursed scroll. If I could choose a system, I would have quite forgiving success rates all the way up to +8, and block the creation of +9/10 items. Reason for that is so people can realistically hope to obtain nice gear and glowies without relying on luck/USD.
    Last edited by 0000000; 01-22-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    Also, if blizzard was running this, I'm pretty sure they would have nerfed the XP rate on harpies a lot by now. It isn't fair or balanced that a couple of xp spots give considerably better xp than anywhere else. It's just stupid and promotes elitism.
    At least someone sees it like me. I just gave a little detailed problem description.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

melee can level at apos, trolls, golems, OR harpies

mages can level at.............................oh wait JUST harpies and golems...and golems is actually a lot slower than melee xp, so that just leaves harpies

wheres the "fairness" there? gtf off ur melee high horses...

yes mages get better xp but thats cuz they kill more mobs per minute than melee do, not because of the xp on the mobs and once melee get geared enough to do 3 spawn trolls efficiently then melee actually get better xp than mages, so it all balances out in the end anyway

mages=fast early game xp
    melee=fast end game xp

mages can level at.............................oh wait JUST harpies and golems...and golems is actually a lot slower than melee xp, so that just leaves harpies

yes mages get better xp but thats cuz they kill more mobs per minute than melee do, not because of the xp on the mobs and once melee get geared enough to do 3 spawn trolls efficiently then melee actually get better xp than mages, so it all balances out in the end anyway

mages=fast early game xp
    melee=fast end game xp
    don't forget that some of melees will be taking mage's spots... making them exp even slower since KS won't be tolerated...

Caligula

Well I posted this on another topic, but that's what I think about this server and about the issues. So I'll just paste it here

-The kingship is kind of over rated, I do believe that the max should be 213m or something close to that.
    -There is a lot of spawns missing in Breth and Piana, but I do know that the GMs are very aware of this.
    -The drop rate is really low, and for those who said that they got a lot of Abyss Gems, I would say that's a load, because I spent 3 hours farming and never got even one.
    -DD drops should be rare, almost impossible; here's the reason why. Whenever someone has DD rogues drop at least 60% in their effectiveness, making them real crappy. They are the ones that feel this the most because look at the damage that daggers have, and then compare that with Raptors or II's...huge difference. That's why Spear Defense and all those are not soo bad, because it makes a small difference.
    -The xp is fine as it is right now. It's tough, but it's passable. If it could stay like this during live it would be great. Because you have to spend lots of times grinding, but then comes the farming... this would definitely take up a lot of time so it's fine as it is.

That's all that I can think of right now. It really is a great server and the GMs are doing all they can to get it working, and like they said, to have a server that usko and ke never were, but what makes it different from all the private servers around is that you have to fight to get real good items, and struggle through it. If you want uniques and fully geared characters, fast lvling then you might as well play another private server. This one is the closest there is to old ko before everyone started quitting, and I like it that way personally.

Thanks,
    Wots

mages=fast early game xp
    melee=fast end game xp
    mages = faster xp than melee at any stage of the game. I levelled with necroboy on death knights, DTS, golems for months on usko. Mages can level on tons of mobs with few exceptions. Mages are just unwilling to level on anything other than harpies because the xp speed is so broken. If you were capable of looking at game balance objectively for one second you would realise this.

The difference with harpies and other methods of AoE levelling is that the spawns are tightly compacted, there are often 3 or more spawns close together and they fly making nova'ing easy. I can grant mages a small levelling advantage due to the nature of the class, but harpies isnt fast because of mages, its fast because its harpies. Either the xp per harpy needs to be dropped, or the spawns themselves need to be redesigned to make levelling there less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    mages = faster xp than melee at any stage of the game. I levelled with necroboy on death knights, DTS, golems for months on usko. Mages can level on tons of mobs with few exceptions. Mages are just unwilling to level on anything other than harpies because the xp speed is so broken. If you were capable of looking at game balance objectively for one second you would realise this.

The difference with harpies and other methods of AoE levelling is that the spawns are tightly compacted, there are often 3 or more spawns close together and they fly making nova'ing easy. I can grant mages a small levelling advantage due to the nature of the class, but harpies isnt fast because of mages, its fast because its harpies. Either the xp per harpy needs to be dropped, or the spawns themselves need to be redesigned to make levelling there less attractive.
    Mages level fast, but 99% of them will be "free-nps".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast