Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Hello, Some of you may realise my name from old times in Usko, and some private servers. It is good ...
Page: 1

Default Questions for KO4Life Server

Hello,

Some of you may realise my name from old times in Usko, and some private servers.

It is good to see Ko4Life is working on a great KO Project. However, I have some clouds in my mind about this project, which I am hoping them to be cleared here.

As you may know, I am a Turkish person. Therefore, I am connecting from Turkey, and sadly, Ko4Life still has Turkish IP's blocked so I cannot connect with my own IP. I am currently using Proxy. Got so many messages about Ko4Life KO on my msn from some oldies, and old Ko4Life members that I had on my msn, so I wanted to get some information about this project.

I know about the Turkish player's general attitude on KO servers, so you may hate Turkish players here. So, my questions will be mainly about this problem;

I will be glad if these questions gets replied officially.

1. Will there be a Turkish IP ban on Ko4Life KO?
    2. What will be the redistictions on getting accounts for Turkish players?
    3. The game will be fair for everyone, including the Turkish players? (Sorry, I had to ask this, after what I seen on KO private servers...)

If Ko4Life KO will be a server where we (Known Turkish players) can play without any worries, I can help you during the developing progress, since I am a KO developer (expert degree on few programming languages), and I had my own private server for a long time, and I know about all the exploits, hacks, hacking ways and preventations, and how to secure them.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for a reply. Hopefully my proxy won't be problematical for you, because it is the only way I can access to this website to get information and stay in connect with you.

Thanks, and sincerely,
    Aristona

Valid questions and im sure that most of us are wondering about them as well.
    Altho i dont see the point asking the 3rd question.

Banned Senior Member

If i am correct aristona,

Turkish should be able to play without any restrictions, we should have cheating to a very very low minimum ( Not Saying All Turks Do ), idk why ko4life would ban Turkish players because some of them know hell of a a lot more then most of the staff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Valid questions and im sure that most of us are wondering about them as well. Altho i dont see the point asking the 3rd question.
    Messor, thanks for the feedback. I always had problems, or seen Turkish players to have problems on private servers just because of my/our nationality. (Not on all, but few of them.) That's the point why I am asking this question. In so many situations, Turkish players cannot even defend them by writing a proper english. Even sometimes if we can defend ourself while we are right, the admin protects his buddies first. I don't mean about the cheaters or harassing people by the way. They deserve to be banned permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcool View Post
    If i am correct aristona,

Turkish should be able to play without any restrictions, we should have cheating to a very very low minimum ( Not Saying All Turks Do ), idk why ko4life would ban Turkish players because some of them know hell of a a lot more then most of the staff here.
    If I am not mistaken, Ko4Life got DDOS'ed by Turkish IP's. That's why they blocked it. Hopefully it doesn't happen on the server.

wawh

Why is Iamcool on the project? ^_^

Do you really accept anyone that just asks for it felix?
    Do some background checks before you even consider accepting someone

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

It is true that KO4life had some bad history with some Turkish players, but it is no reason to exclude them on this project. I will be as honest as possible in this post, and hopefully it answers your questions, and hopefully Deville/Felix take it into consideration. There is moments on USKO/MYKO where I loved some of the Turkish players and moments where I hated them. The good moments being that I had very pleasant Turkish friends in game and the bad moments were having to deal with all the hacking/cheating. Even though we all know it isn't just the Turkish community that is cheating, we all also know that the Turkish community is the one that makes the major population of KO, thus why we recognize them as "the cheaters". The way I see it, since this server seems assured to have a pretty good security, but more importantly active GMs/(customer support), something that USKO never heard, will make this server successful and will be able to get rid of all the cheaters, well at least like 99% of them. This is why I see it no reason to block the Turkish IP off, even though if they are allowed to play on this server, there should be some strict restrictions to certain things. I am the kind of player that love the KE times in MYKO as back then, even thought it was mostly Malaysian players along with Turkish, they all spoke English no matter what. (I forgot to mention, I'm not Turkish). So that being, one of the things people hate and extremely get annoyed by is the spam where ever they go, which is usually by the Turkish kids, and the Turkish normal/shout/pm chat. Thus why, a strict rule must be that no chat other then English is to be used, that way people all around the world, even the Turkish should only communicate in English. (Clan chat of course is a different thing, you can speak whatever language you want as I am sure there will be like Turkish/Polish/Spanish clans). Nothing else I can think of at the moment, but basically as I said, most of the cheating will be prevented by GMs, which is what USKO pretty much never had, and the restrictions that I said will not make everyone feel "just another turkish-server".

Well, Imo turkish player should can play, but still, if Devs see that there are many cheat comming for turkey, then yea, IP ban, either no...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Alot of questions that have come up.

The KO4life Projec Title is given out to people willto give their time to help out in any role that "we" need filling out. There is already people that are in place the public know of but do not know about being involed. I assure you that Deviles standards will not change with this project. There will only be a very very small number of people with any true power when this server goes live. My Job is to deal with getting the idea together and working with the public. There are two techincal personal who are the ones that will make sure that only the right people get hold of any power with this server.

Now with regards to the Turkish comunity there has always been mixed feeling on this. A KO4life server is going to attract the very same people who have caused Devil to take the action against the Turkish comunity in 2006. I have had a few Turks talk to me on msn and they are excited about the prospect of our project.

Personally I think it's something that only myself , Devile and the other 2 project managers to talk about in private at a later date. For now the KO4life bann list and rules apply to any project , which also means people banned from these forum in the last 3 years will also be prevented from using the service.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

If the security system is good and there will be action taken to ppl that take the fun out of the game theres no reason to block turkish ips imo. Not all the turks are unfriendly

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Dont wanna start flames here so ill just +1 to following:

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    Do you really accept anyone that just asks for it felix?
    Do some background checks before you even consider accepting someone

But just a tiny bit of cute little flamie, sup aristona, is it snowing in Tora Bora already? Heard its lovely this time of the year.

Banned

turkish people should be able to play. There have been and always will be problems with them but are the other nations so much different? Plus i think that tukish community would give a life to the server, as the more ppl are playing the better the playing experience is for everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by tompsu View Post
    turkish people should be able to play. There have been and always will be problems with them but are the other nations so much different? Plus i think that tukish community would give a life to the server, as the more ppl are playing the better the playing experience is for everyone else
    I don't think all the other nations DDOS the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I don't think all the other nations DDOS the forums.
    I really don't think it's fair to say that Turkey, *as a nation*, has DDoS'd - or as you put it as if they're doing it now - DDoS the forums...

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

There was like a MASSIVE discussion on that matter few years back. Ofc its wrong to accuse turkey as a nation. But turkey is in a same state that poland, rumenia, bulgaria and GREEKZ are in l2 and french are in archlord.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM