Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Temporary Fixes and Solutions

This is a discussion on Temporary Fixes and Solutions within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Okay, Felix told me to make a thread, and I will try to make a simple knowledge base in this ...
Page: 1

Default Temporary Fixes and Solutions

Okay, Felix told me to make a thread, and I will try to make a simple knowledge base in this thread by adding confirmed solutions.

Problem: FPS goes down after a while and makes the game unplayable.
    Temporary Solution: Rename your FX folder to something else. Usually effects causes this, and this solution will remove any effects off the game. (e.g The lightning of paramun, green lines in arena)

1. Right click Ko4Life shortcut in your desktop, and click on Properties.
    2. Click on "Find Path".
    3. Click on FX folder 1 time and click on F2 and rename the folder to something else.

If you want effects to be enabled in the future, just repeat the same thing and rename folder back to FX.

In addition, you can do this on your old/slow computers to maximize your FPS.

Thank you.

Banned Senior Member

Yeah FPS sux badly,even ppl with beast "space shutle" PCs must relog every 2 hours...

Good quick fix, the low fps makes it hard to fraps anything even with a decent computr ;p altho it is near impossible to play w/o animations

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    Good quick fix, the low fps makes it hard to fraps anything even with a decent computr ;p altho it is near impossible to play w/o animations
    There is something wrong with the server files, instead of the starting 100 fps i have gotten before in usko and other private servers im getting only 30-40 max when i log in, after that it drops to 20 and below in a hour or two.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    There is something wrong with the server files, instead of the starting 100 fps i have gotten before in usko and other private servers im getting only 30-40 max when i log in, after that it drops to 20 and below in a hour or two.
    Yea same here, i usually have like 350+ fps but in ko4life i only have 80 :S

You might want to use my FX folder:

Download fx.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload
    (download at your own risk, but these files are clear)

I have deleted lots of files... What's left (hope they all work) is:
    - duffs
    - buffs (atleast casting, not sure about actual skill on target)
    - light feet/sw/wolf
    - rogues ACs
    - mana pots
    - clan glow
    - anvil upgrade
    - level ups
    - circle for AOEs (didn't check it yet)
    - sleeping mobs

does any1 know what files are for HP pots? couldn't find that myself

#######################################
    IMPORTANT!!
    Before you extract this, go to your KO folder and change name of fx folder to some other one.
    After that copy the .rar file to KO folder and extract it

Ghost, don't delete these links aq xD they're clear, I don't want to hack y'all
    Last edited by cizia; 01-17-2010 at 01:42 PM.

I'll try and reply when I get back on the comp. In the meantime, are there any other solutions? Changing the name of the fx folder helps, but not enough to make the game's fps anywhere close to normal. Most of the people I talk to about it (including those who usually run ko with ease) are having the same problems, fps 20- making exping on any mobs hard and pking harder. Other than the personal solutions people have been giving, are there any permanent ones or anything to be done to the server or client to make playing with or increasing the frame rate easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    I'll try and reply when I get back on the comp. In the meantime, are there any other solutions? Changing the name of the fx folder helps, but not enough to make the game's fps anywhere close to normal. Most of the people I talk to about it (including those who usually run ko with ease) are having the same problems, fps 20- making exping on any mobs hard and pking harder. Other than the personal solutions people have been giving, are there any permanent ones or anything to be done to the server or client to make playing with or increasing the frame rate easier?
    20FPSes is low to EXP? o_O u kiddin me????? I've been always doing everything with MAX of 30 FPSes (30 was when I was waiting for dungeon, ran to the corner of desert, zommed in to max, with all of my effects off)... other than that I've had MAX 2 FPSes in moradon lol pked with 5-10

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by tompsu View Post
    Yea same here, i usually have like 350+ fps but in ko4life i only have 80 :S
    holy hell?? xD wtf computer r u using?? :P

I start at about 60 when i just log in, decreases to 10 while standing still, and 5 when i cast or run around.

@ ciz: I said 20- meaning 20 and under. my average is about 12.
    whether ur fps is overly shitty or not; shitty is shitty, regardless of the degree.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    You might want to use my FX folder:

Download fx.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload
    (download at your own risk, but these files are clear)

I have deleted lots of files... What's left (hope they all work) is:
    - duffs
    - buffs (atleast casting, not sure about actual skill on target)
    - light feet/sw/wolf
    - rogues ACs
    - mana pots
    - clan glow
    - anvil upgrade
    - level ups
    - circle for AOEs (didn't check it yet)
    - sleeping mobs

does any1 know what files are for HP pots? couldn't find that myself

#######################################
    IMPORTANT!!
    Before you extract this, go to your KO folder and change name of fx folder to some other one.
    After that copy the .rar file to KO folder and extract it

Ghost, don't delete these links aq xD they're clear, I don't want to hack y'all
    Has anyone used this?I want to know if this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Has anyone used this?I want to know if this is true
    oh yeah, I am using this xD but I could check only few on my friend's priest... Duffs, Buffs, mana pots, sw/wolf/lf, clan's grade are working for sure...
    I am also quite sure that sleep, rogue's AC, anvil and level ups are working as they should... no idea about AOEs tho

@horror, lol I thought it was just a dash

oh and btw, if you've got a feeling that you really need some animation, let me know and I'll TRY to find it :P
    Last edited by cizia; 01-17-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    oh yeah, I am using this xD but I could check only few on my friend's priest... Duffs, Buffs, mana pots, sw/wolf/lf, clan's grade are working for sure...
    I am also quite sure that sleep, rogue's AC, anvil and level ups are working as they should... no idea about AOEs tho

@horror, lol I thought it was just a dash

oh and btw, if you've got a feeling that you really need some animation, let me know and I'll TRY to find it :P
    i think ill have it all turned off

Senior Boss Senior Member grosman's Avatar

you guys should'a buy more ''wood'' for pc ... :F ive got like 170 fps after 2hrs in the game lululu ^^

KO before firedrake had a serious memory leak which caused fps to drop. its the reason single minor was so hard without a decent pc. I suggest u turn your fx in options lower, and reboot every few hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast