Windows 7 Problem

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Problem within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I have my antivirus off and there shouldn't be no problems but for some reason after I launch the game ...
Page: 1

Default Windows 7 Problem

I have my antivirus off and there shouldn't be no problems but for some reason after I launch the game the screen becomes black the program closes. Did somebody get something similar? I already tried switching the Windows Vista, XP, and 98 Compatibility but I get the same response all the time.
    Any suggestions?

Well, the game itself works fine under Windows 7, that much I know for sure. Having said that, do you have the resolution set to 1600xsomething (or something along those lines, I can't remember the exact dimensions)? If so, try changing that first... For some reason, the largest resolution didn't seem to like my computer when I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Well, the game itself works fine under Windows 7, that much I know for sure. Having said that, do you have the resolution set to 1600xsomething (or something along those lines, I can't remember the exact dimensions)? If so, try changing that first... For some reason, the largest resolution didn't seem to like my computer when I tried.
    That's a relieve. I follow your advice. I changed the resolution but it is still giving me the same problem.

After that I tried to use the troubleshooting but It would give me this:

I don't know what else I can do lol. I'm quite new with Windows 7. I just purchased this laptop a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by SinSexy; 02-15-2010 at 03:41 AM.

xiahou_yuan

I installed WIndows 7 too couple weeks ago.
    and I had same problem ( not on this server though, was on a diff private server )
    I dunno it usually happens right after I press start, sometimes you just gotta stay still until KO opens, sometimes I just press Alt tab to get msn or something else on my screen and wait a couple seconds, usually works.
    other problem could be your graphic card, I had alot of problems with it getting ko ON full screen without black bars on the sides.
    how to help the resolution problem with black bars
    Win7 Resolution Resize Problem - Page 2 - Windows 7 Forums
    that's all I can help you with

gordo, add me on msn.

ask micton or warpath or gamer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    I installed WIndows 7 too couple weeks ago.
    and I had same problem ( not on this server though, was on a diff private server )
    I dunno it usually happens right after I press start, sometimes you just gotta stay still until KO opens, sometimes I just press Alt tab to get msn or something else on my screen and wait a couple seconds, usually works.
    other problem could be your graphic card, I had alot of problems with it getting ko ON full screen without black bars on the sides.
    how to help the resolution problem with black bars
    Win7 Resolution Resize Problem - Page 2 - Windows 7 Forums
    that's all I can help you with
    Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Yeah I will gorda. The only bad thing is that I'm 15 hours ahead on time now lol

:KnightOnline:

'I have my antivirus off and there shouldn't be no problems but for some reason after I launch the game the screen becomes black the program closes. Did somebody get something similar? I already tried switching the Windows Vista, XP, and 98 Compatibility but I get the same response all the time.
    Any suggestions? "

Goto Data Execution Prevention and add ko launcher

(start>mycomputer>properties>advanced>performances ettings>
    Data Execution Prevention)

That is for windows xp btw.

Last edited by :KnightOnline:; 02-16-2010 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by :KnightOnline: View Post
    'I have my antivirus off and there shouldn't be no problems but for some reason after I launch the game the screen becomes black the program closes. Did somebody get something similar? I already tried switching the Windows Vista, XP, and 98 Compatibility but I get the same response all the time.
    Any suggestions? "

Goto Data Execution Prevention and add ko launcher

(start>mycomputer>properties>advanced>performances ettings>Data Execution Prevention)

That is for windows xp btw.

I tried to find something similar in my Windows 7 but couldn't find it. Thanks anyway. Well it seems that I won't be able to Play in this server

Problem fixed. I just installed windows XP haha ><

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

damn diehard=D just for a game=p

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    damn diehard=D just for a game=p
    U don't wanna know how hard.

Gordo, why didnt u add me yet?

Validating

bro you can get to data execution prevention on windows 7,, I can