Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; *topic* Id like to hear what everyones take on the real issues regarding ko. Doesnt matter the version. I.e no ...
Page: 1

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Default Point out the core problems

*topic*

Id like to hear what everyones take on the real issues regarding ko. Doesnt matter the version. I.e no actual endgame other than running circles in bowl or everyone are just using the strongest weapons, like in some servers, u dont see any other glow in cz than the glow from that baal series, therefor eliminating whole variety of pewpewness.

Also, if u have some good examples or theories, why some private servers have utterly failed, feel free to post them. If theres a need for server drama flame theard, i can arrange that. Best posters will get my personal "" in their visitor msg.
    Last edited by Magyk; 12-04-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Massive ghey typo

DAFAQ Senior Member

There are really alot of things that made me quit some private servers out there.

- If u start late you will have hard time finding a clan, and when u find one there is 90% that they suck at PK and cant follow simple rule like "Stay together"
    - GM corruption and knowlage about server they are gming, there are even some GM that dosent know how to use GM codes
    - Messed up skills, some skills work and some dont ( one 1 server blink allowed mages to tp on any party member, so killing mage first was useless )
    - War every day, it just takes all the fun and uniquness from war, war should be event that ppl waite for days
    - PUS items, PUS should contain stuff that u can get for $ but that u can also farm them in game like scrolls and some quest things, putting itmes and +1/+2 uniques is a joke
    - Acting like a kid, crying and screaming coz of 1 lazy KS kill in CZ and then calling clan on clan war coz of that is just lame, I dont know is is just me but everytime I join some clan on private server I get in one of the most childish clan on that server

Thats all for now. Mybe Ill add more later.

KalaBunga Senior Member

forgot to pess post.

Corruption / gear from pus thats beter makes the downfall of the server

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjin View Post
    There are really alot of things that made me quit some private servers out there.

- If u start late you will have hard time finding a clan, and when u find one there is 90% that they suck at PK and cant follow simple rule like "Stay together"
    - GM corruption and knowlage about server they are gming, there are even some GM that dosent know how to use GM codes
    - Messed up skills, some skills work and some dont ( one 1 server blink allowed mages to tp on any party member, so killing mage first was useless )
    - War every day, it just takes all the fun and uniquness from war, war should be event that ppl waite for days
    - PUS items, PUS should contain stuff that u can get for $ but that u can also farm them in game like scrolls and some quest things, putting itmes and +1/+2 uniques is a joke
    - Acting like a kid, crying and screaming coz of 1 lazy KS kill in CZ and then calling clan on clan war coz of that is just lame, I dont know is is just me but everytime I join some clan on private server I get in one of the most childish clan on that server

Thats all for now. Mybe Ill add more later.

Disagree with some of this:
    - True for a part but that isnt really the server his fault. Like theres no technical fix to fix this "issue"
    - Agree with this point
    - Skills should be the same as they are in usko. It was all fine then.
    - War should just be 2 days a week like regular cus indeed it takes fun away.
    - From what i know admins of other servers do this to pay for the server costs.
    - Disagree with this since shit talking makes it much more intense to pk against thn friendly people. Pressure makes pk much more fun.

- GM Corruption is an obvious
    - Admin not knowing how to host a server nor run it sufficiently
    - Donators overpowering
    - Classes not balanced
    - Items and skills not working how they are "ment" too.
    - Not enough people in the server to sufficiently have decent pk, decent exping, events and wars.
    - TOO many events like multiple wars per day, multiple BF per day, multiple Juraid per day etc etc
    - Servers not balanced - by that i mean its too easy to exp to max level but too hard to get items to do anything after you have reached max level.
    - Lack of Uniqueness (if thats even a word lol), a good server will always offer something that no1 else does, whether is a fix to a bug that no1 else has fixed, new cape designs, new maps etc etc

Too me a perfect server is one that has the correct balance between exp, pk and farming. A server that you can reach lvl 70 in a few hours but then havent got items along the way so you cant kill bosses does not have that "balance". A server that you can reach lvl 70 in 1 - 2 months for a farm server, and pk during that time and collect some decent items along the way, to me DOES have that balance.

ghagar18

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    *topic*

Id like to hear what everyones take on the real issues regarding ko. Doesnt matter the version. I.e no actual endgame other than running circles in bowl or everyone are just using the strongest weapons, like in some servers, u dont see any other glow in cz than the glow from that baal series, therefor eliminating whole variety of pewpewness.

Also, if u have some good examples or theories, why some private servers have utterly failed, feel free to post them. If theres a need for server drama flame theard, i can arrange that. Best posters will get my personal "" in their visitor msg.
    Corruption happens alot in every server this is true. But along the lines of most "failed" private servers lies the owners. Most private server owners these days dont have a clue what "fixing things right" means. These are the kinds of developers who find a patch for example valkarie and slap it into thier database and client disregarding that thier placing tbl's in thier clients fx folder. Also not taking in concideration that most released querys are made so all armors have the same defences and no requirements. Mage in warrior shells is win/win for the player right? lol To be sucessful at running a server is you have to make everything yourself. Even if its released by someone who is known to have "godlike dev" reputation. You still should look through it all and duplicate it yourself so you know its right. These "slap together servers" fail mainly upon these reasons. They fail to learn how to be a good dev so they never take the time out to patch thier server files against exploits so servers down all the time. Fail to fix backdoors or holes in ko panel so they get hacked. Fail to be a good dev for thier server period. These are the servers with 20 developers and not a single one of them have a clue what...

Code:
    --Priest AddDamage Query By Warmonger--
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '111542'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '211542'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '111551'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '211551'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '111641'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '211641'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '111650'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '211650'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '111739'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '211739'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '111750'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '211750'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '112542'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '212542'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '112551'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '212551'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '112641'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '212641'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '112650'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '212650'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '112739'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '100' Where iNum= '212739'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '112750'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '50' Where iNum= '212750'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '150' Where iNum= '112802'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '150' Where iNum= '212802'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '400' Where iNum= '112815'
    Update MAGIC_TYPE1 Set AddDamage= '400' Where iNum= '212815'
    is, or does, let alone how to use it. Another failure in private servers is GREED! yes I said GREED! you might ask "what do you mean?". Well theres is a bunch of servers out there whos owners dont see fun and entertainment they only see the dollar signs jumping into thier pockets. You end up with a USKO replica full of babashopers. If its a farm server we all know that stinks bad. Another reason for fail of private servers is straight pk servers. Yes its fun to login and not have to level and just pk pk pk all day. But really when you get sick of pk'n whats left to do? Sit around moradon chating? how fun... In order to build a sucessful server someone needs to go into MMC and rebuild the database from the ground up. Including spawns, damages, everything to make sure everythings balenced out. Well my posts getting long thats all for now but I could "bla bla" on forever about this subject.

Banned Senior Member

+1 Warmonger,

not only that, but servers don't realize one thing, in the making of them. you need to make the good items like valk and shit hard to get at first then gradually lower it as time progresses or u will have a full server of people with valk against brand new people to servers. Gotta have something to look forward too, not just a server with a normal shell and crap, gotta have some good stuff like Valkyrie krowaz and stuff so people have something to farm for.

Corruption will NOT happen in Ko4life KO as the powers of spawning / boss events etc. will only been given to a selected few, no need to worry on that front.

As for wars, 2/3 times a week maximum.
    Greed - All money earned extra will be given to charity so no need to worry.
    Active server? We will see.

Regards tabbycat

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Corruption will NOT happen in Ko4life KO as the powers of spawning / boss events etc. will only been given to a selected few, no need to worry on that front.

As for wars, 2/3 times a week maximum.
    Greed - All money earned extra will be given to charity so no need to worry.
    Active server? We will see.

Regards tabbycat
    If you were referring to my post, i wasent at all saying that this server would be corrupted, was just stating that corruption is a major factor to a downfall of a server. Your idea of wars for 2 or 3 times a week is good and im sure if the team puts this server together with all the ideas that have been discussed in other topics, it will be very active.

Banned

Corruption and donators are the keywords. I doubt any corruption starts to take place at ko4life ko. But i really hope the PUS items are kept under control. People just don't want to play if a donator comes with superpowers and runs over them

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

things that made me quit most privates
    1. gm corruption
    2. donators getting best items and clrly own the server
    3. servers where xp is rly slow, cuz their not trustworthy. Ull never know when they just get hacked or shut down so i dont see a point xping whole life and then when i hit the max lvl cap server gets hacked or something. And i mean Usko like xp or something like that
    4. After server has been online for few months alrdy then ppl dont rly want to join cuz they missed so much and its hard for them to start ( shud make something easier for ppl that wanna start l8r like 1 or 2 months after launch)
    5. and mostly if u play a private server it somehow gets booring after 1-2 month cause lack of activitys , every1 has the best gear and things then alrdy nd dnno its not so fun to pk if every1 has same gear makes things like duo vs full party kinda impossible, ofc depending who u against. Well lets say lack of activitys
    6. all of that mentioned above dsnt get enough ppl online and so for the 6 is lack of ppl playing

Finduilas

- skillranges too big/too small. I've seen servers where u throw a partyheal u heal half the bowl, or torment everyone on ur screen.

- csw boring coz of a lack of ppl. No clans to participate makes it hard to reconquer the castle, up to a point it gets boring.

- a poorly managed pus, granting too much extras to donators.
    PUS items, PUS should contain stuff that u can get for $ but that u can also farm them in game like scrolls and some quest things, putting itmes and +1/+2 uniques is a joke
    +1, or make them available on a long-term basis. P:KE combined a voting system with KC-earning. Every vote you made (1x/24h) u got 5 KC. 5 voting links = 50 KC a day. Stuff like 15stat scrolls and tp scrolls were 50 kc, so 1 day of voting. Mon summon staffs (low droprate on those bosses) were 500 kc = 10 days of voting without buying other stuff. Ppl donate for these, yet non-donators still got a chance to obtain these items once in a while.

wawh

A market...

One of the most missing things in the private servers

I wasn't refering to anyone when i said corruption, i was saying it in general. As for the PUS - items won't be sold it pus, scrolls on the other hand probally will.

CSW will be fun because we will make it so you can gain nps there

Regards tabbycat

Well, in my experience on private servers, this is what i can say :

- Too hard too Xp or Farm... like trying to get lvl 83 for 3-4 months... something like usko..ofc in usko is harder, but who wanna play on a private server as hard as usko? Or either being in eslant 24/7 and getting nothing...
    - Easy lvl up but too hard farm.. or easy farm but hard exp
    - Overpowered donators.. I remmember a private server that normal players upgrade rate was 5% to +8, while to donator it was over 40% to +10>.<
    - Too low Anvil rates, noone's wanna farm for hours and hours, go to anvil and see only red light...For example, going anvil with 20+ items +7 and burning them all more than once...
    - Tons of bugs, skills/wars/warbug/dupe/quest/mobs/bosses/zones and etc
    - Noob gms that don't know how to ban someone
    - Too much lag
    - Too many crashes and mostly with rollbacks
    - Too many long ""restarts""
    - Admins that don't know how to defend the server from someone atack
    - Corruption
    - Low active people..
    - Having like 10 Gms, and all inactives..
    - Too many cheaters, like dupers,wallhackers/speed hacker and others..
    - Too many or too few events... for example, having like 4 bifrosts a day or having 1 each a week... same goes with wars..
    - Admins&Gms that says that there are 2 wars a week or 2 boss events a week, they tell you the hour but cuz their problems they don't do it, and you stay there like an idiot waiting for them
    - That you must be all day in eslant to get some items, either put mobs in CZ aslo..
    - Having to farm for a lot of time only for buy your scrolls and make a little repot..
    - Having gms that can't understand the main server lenguaje..
    - Adding too many diferent items that creates more bugs or sv crashers.. for i.e, starting from basic items(shells,shards,etc), and in less of 3 months add FT,bifrost, juraid,krowaz, and some super edited " JAPKO" items...

But the thing is, as someone said up there, the uniqueness.. offering people something interesting that last for a long-term, something that don't make them quit after 3 months.. things like :
    - Active PRO Gm's, Devs and Admins
    - Some special lenguaje comunitty people, for this server case English and not a server that says it is english or spanish for i.e, and you see everyone speaking on polish, turk or w/e and u don't understand a shit they say...
    - Active comunity going on over 200 users almost all day or something like that...
    - Add Mobs in CZ that have same or maybe lil bit or lil better upgrade rate...Like tk,talos and all that...
    - Add good exp spots/farm spots
    - Not too hard or aint easy quest like killing 250 paramuns or apos o w/e, that gives u EXP,Coins and/or jewels...
    - Having some special items/armors/quest or something that don't unbalace server but that make it more exiting...

If more things comes to my mind,I'll edit topic
    Last edited by plopz; 12-12-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast