View Poll Results: What would you rather?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Launch with a KO panel just like every other server, while you work on getting it more secured.

92 49.46%
  • Secure the KO panel completely to prevent the server from getting hacked.

94 50.54%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

KO Panel poll

This is a discussion on KO Panel poll within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Scythe Well ill tell you something, even when panel would be hacked the only thing you can ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Well ill tell you something, even when panel would be hacked the only thing you can loose is your time to make a new one + very little time on serwer, why? couse all data are in database and its not so big problem to make a backup of players characters data?
    Oh I am so stupid. How can I forget that. Yes, a daily back up to the database.... not even a loss, but just a time that it might get put on hold.

Scythe

well its better than telling that its a problem to get secured site from "proffesionals" in 2 months ^^

Don't launch with a public panel. Each and every panel out there has a backdoor in it or an unknown flaw in the coding that has a vulnerability. You risk everything launching with a public panel. Once they have access to your database, they can execute master commands, and add new RDP users. Causing them to have access to your dedicated server, and thus losing all your files to public release. Then your server will die and you will waste all your money. Alternatively if you launch with out a panel people will not give you a once over. Panels are the gateway that attract people to your server, with out it you are nothing. Each and every KO server that has no panel has died. Why you ask? Cause users can not see anything going on in the game before signing up. Just wait it out and launch when your panel is complete. It's not very hard to make a KO panel that's secure, prepared queries and HTML entities is basically all you need. Also I recommend you not launching the server on your main os of the dedicated server. Put up a VMWare and run your server from that, because there are exploits that can allow users to create RDP an user via Ebenezer stack overflows.

Tell me why do we even need kopanel. Im not ko developer, so i dont know if autoregister or secured registration page brings some more problems, but it has to be easier than securring whole kopanel. And this optione will like almost every1... The only minun point in this will be that we cant use rankings, which is may be nice but not necessary.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Don't launch with a public panel. Each and every panel out there has a backdoor in it or an unknown flaw in the coding that has a vulnerability. You risk everything launching with a public panel. Once they have access to your database, they can execute master commands, and add new RDP users. Causing them to have access to your dedicated server, and thus losing all your files to public release. Then your server will die and you will waste all your money. Alternatively if you launch with out a panel people will not give you a once over. Panels are the gateway that attract people to your server, with out it you are nothing. Each and every KO server that has no panel has died. Why you ask? Cause users can not see anything going on in the game before signing up. Just wait it out and launch when your panel is complete. It's not very hard to make a KO panel that's secure, prepared queries and HTML entities is basically all you need. Also I recommend you not launching the server on your main os of the dedicated server. Put up a VMWare and run your server from that, because there are exploits that can allow users to create RDP an user via Ebenezer stack overflows.
    so how come when the beta first started, there were many players?

the thing that attracted the players to the server was the forum, and it wont be the kopanel

kopanel isn't that important, they could open the server and when the kopanel is done, release it.

kibal

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    We already know everyones vote...
    its YES... i doubt this is the only problem
    you fail , at least 40% atm dont think so.

Banned

and go check who voted no

90% of them are the lickers who lick the admins ass all day...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You are so 2003 lol.
    Each and every flaw you named has been fixed.

Its great to see how you guys only think in yourselves and how much you have spent your time "waiting" for ko4lifeKO. But you do not think in how much has been invested right now by the developers; or do you think the beta server has been runing for almost 2 months on a free server?; and the effort and time they are putting into the project, just so you can say "fuck it, open it as insecure as it may be now, cuz im just so impatient (I WANT TO PLAY NOW!!!!111 asdaasdasd) and after the first days, cuz believe me, it wont take more than a week b4 ppl try to break ko4lifeKO, well just whine on how bad the security was, how bad you do things, that you should have been more careful, that you fucked ko4lifeKO for players"

If I were the developer, I would feel so backstabbed by the community im trying to help, If I was Devile I would be so pissed that I would just trash the whole project. Luckily for you, im not Devile .

MinuteMaid

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Its great to see how you guys only think in yourselves and how much you have spent your time "waiting" for ko4lifeKO. But you do not think in how much has been invested right now by the developers; or do you think the beta server has been runing for almost 2 months on a free server?; and the effort and time they are putting into the project, just so you can say "fuck it, open it as insecure as it may be now, cuz im just so impatient (I WANT TO PLAY NOW!!!!111 asdaasdasd) and after the first days, cuz believe me, it wont take more than a week b4 ppl try to break ko4lifeKO, well just whine on how bad the security was, how bad you do things, that you should have been more careful, that you fucked ko4lifeKO for players"

If I were the developer, I would feel so backstabbed by the community im trying to help, If I was Devile I would be so pissed that I would just trash the whole project. Luckily for you, im not Devile .
    No offence to the team here or their time spending on this server...

But a server like they have now is freely open to the public, fixed and secured.
    Ingame buggs should only be a matter of days to fix as all fixes are available. A server setup can take quite a while and also the auto patching... But again they're also open to the public and it's only a matter of reading the guide.

Anti cheat measures.. Well beta looked pretty secured against third party tools and tbl edits.

Security shouldn't be a problem with all the guides and devils experience.

Panel, well as it is unnecessary it sure is usefull... however it shouldn't delay a server for 2 whole months

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post

Like honestly, WTF are you talking about? What does the first part of your post have to do with anything at all? Yes we know they have wasted hundreds of dollars on just renting the server, and over a thousand to make a secure ko panel, but in life you invest in something that you really don't make a profit, and this is a like-wise situation except for the fact that they didn't plan to invest in it from the beginning.

Point being is that the server has been open for the past 3 months, and hasn't been hacked. What's the big problem if they were to use the same system as for the BETA, and just give out auto registrations, while they work on the KO panel. I don't know Devile personally, but from what Felix said, he is a perfectionist and wouldn't release it without being perfect,... but honestly, nothing is perfect in the present day world we live it, and we tend to be just doing fine as it is,... thus most of us will be just fine like we have been after getting fucked over money and time-wise by the previous MYKO and USKO servers.

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

seriously unbeatable stop posting topics like this. U allways acting like the nice guy whos just trying to help the poor community. But all u do is crying. How much "quiting topics" did u open allready and later u have been back? How many times u have great leader of best clans? In how many topic u didnt agree with ko4life ko project team? If u dont like somethin get over it at a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridulin View Post
    seriously unbeatable stop posting topics like this. U allways acting like the nice guy whos just trying to help the poor community. But all u do is crying. How much "quiting topics" did u open allready and later u have been back? How many times u have great leader of best clans? In how many topic u didnt agree with ko4life ko project team? If u dont like somethin get over it at a certain point.
    This isn`t to help anyone, or the staff specifically as you mention, this is hopefully for the developers to see what the community thinks about the situation,... but in general as I said it isn`t to `help`` them as they won``t take it into account even if the polls were for, with a 9:1 ratio.

And yes I tend to disagree with alot of things with many different people, but when was someone prohibited to do so, especially with reasing backing it up. That`s what we are... minds of rational thinkers, and if you don`t play to use yours, then that`s your loss.

As for myself, where did you ever see my write a `quitting topic``... because from what I remember I organized my clan for this server, and then I said I wasn`t probably going to come thus breaking it up to give the clan members enough time to find a new one, but seeing as my university year is done in 2 weeks, why wouldn`t I try it out for fun now.

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    and go check who voted no

90% of them are the lickers who lick the admins ass all day...
    how do u check?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by assassinofthemist View Post
    how do u check?
    press the numbers...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast