Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

KO4Life - Dates 15/1/2010 and

This is a discussion on KO4Life - Dates 15/1/2010 and within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; People are just fieing to get their hands on it for various reasons. The second we let it go public ...
Page: 7

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

People are just fieing to get their hands on it for various reasons. The second we let it go public we will have rival servers and hackers going through the content. Alot of people want to see the server down. I was told there are Turks going to hack us because we won't let Turkish ip connect directly , which is pretty funny when you think about it. They are welcome to join via a proxy if they behave and realise to play to our rules.

I may be going to hospital in a few hours as an emrgancey and they will be operating so untill Devile is 100% happy they client will noy be uploaded.

lets hope these turks arent the dedicated ones that wont stop at anything to see ko4life down. ps gl in surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    People are just fieing to get their hands on it for various reasons. The second we let it go public we will have rival servers and hackers going through the content. Alot of people want to see the server down. I was told there are Turks going to hack us because we won't let Turkish ip connect directly , which is pretty funny when you think about it. They are welcome to join via a proxy if they behave and realise to play to our rules.

I may be going to hospital in a few hours as an emrgancey and they will be operating so untill Devile is 100% happy they client will noy be uploaded.
    Good luck Felix

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    lets hope these turks arent the dedicated ones that wont stop at anything to see ko4life down. ps gl in surgery
    that's why I don't understand why they still have the IP ban on

If turks want to hack it, they hack it.. No IP ban will save you from that...

Hence just lift it and let more players come in

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post

And end up like USKO. Yes, good.

got no comment...

That really depends on whom they try to hack if they try to hack ko4life, then im pretty sure that theres some1 behind ko4life server that will prevent it.. So dont lift the ban, let them play by proxy if they want.

Im not familiar with the turkish IP ban and the reasons behind it, but most likely it was put in order to block botnets from a denial of service type of attack which came from turkish ip´s. The cheapest way is to block with a firewall which in large scales causes issues like the one we have now: turkish people suffer from the actions of a few individuals.

Making sure the server runs during an attack 100% is not cheap. There is no way to prevent it, the ways that cost simply share the load thus balancing the attack.

jatokor

When someone wants your server to be down it all depends on their skill :P (like it was with pandorako if anyone knows it :P someone wanted it to be down and it was down no matter what).

and good luck because Turkish ppl are known for having excellent bot nets :P

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    turkish people suffer from the actions of a few individuals.
    I have to disagree... It's most like few individuals are suffering from the actions of MANY...

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Im not familiar with the turkish IP ban and the reasons behind it, but most likely it was put in order to block botnets from a denial of service type of attack which came from turkish ip´s. The cheapest way is to block with a firewall which in large scales causes issues like the one we have now: turkish people suffer from the actions of a few individuals.

Making sure the server runs during an attack 100% is not cheap. There is no way to prevent it, the ways that cost simply share the load thus balancing the attack.
    Using a firewall to block a botnet attack is not cheap, is completely pointless. Any DDoS, even a very small one with less than 100 hosts will laugh at your firewall and still keep u offline for as long as they want. Even if u got very expensive Cisco ASA firewall, it will do nothing against big DDoS attacks.

Sure if someone skilled wants u down, it will bring u down. But, usually if someone wants to bring u down is usually cause u did something to him in the first place. Not letting them in from the beginning will mostlikely avoid any "unwanted" situations later on. That's the reason behind the IP ban.

As for the Turkish IP ban, seeing how many non Turkish users are asking us to reconsider, we will have a second thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Using a firewall to block a botnet attack is not cheap, is completely pointless. Any DDoS, even a very small one with less than 100 hosts will laugh at your firewall and still keep u offline for as long as they want. Even if u got very expensive Cisco ASA firewall, it will do nothing against big DDoS attacks.

Sure if someone skilled wants u down, it will bring u down. But, usually if someone wants to bring u down is usually cause u did something to him in the first place. Not letting them in from the beginning will mostlikely avoid any "unwanted" situations later on. That's the reason behind the IP ban.

As for the Turkish IP ban, seeing how many non Turkish users are asking us to reconsider, we will have a second thought about it.
    Thats where load balancing comes to play, where other methods are insufficient. If someone skilled wanted to bring Google down, i would just laugh in his face. Google has the funds, you dont. Back when i hosted a KO server i was DDoSed for no good reason, it just seems "fun" for some kids.

But thanks for clarifying why Turks are blocked from Ko4Life.

Cool

Turkish net sux.. so if they use proxy, they will lagg as hell!
    Dont know about VPN, but im sure they will lagg with it aswell..
    Honestly, i want the project to lift the turkish ipban. But thats not up to me right

jatokor

Devile but isn't blocking entire country sth like "u did something to him in the first place" ? I mean for me it looks like a good reason :P

Quote Originally Posted by jatokor View Post
    When someone wants your server to be down it all depends on their skill :P (like it was with pandorako if anyone knows it :P someone wanted it to be down and it was down no matter what).

and good luck because Turkish ppl are known for having excellent bot nets :P
    A skilled hacker never mess with random private servers around. You probably got KOCrash'ed by few people, which abuses a bug inside Ebenezer and makes the server crash. There are fixes around for these, but new ones pop-up everyday. I had my own server called Knight Imperia and we faced every single problem a private server may encounter. As soon as we purchased a P2P ServerFiles which is being developed by a good developer, the server never went down again, and we were able to see the attacker's IP on our firewall, which was being IP banned in miliseconds. It was able to catch every kind of "Ko Crash" type programs around.

In addition, usage of BotNet's on a private server is just laughable. There are few hacker groups in Turkey who hacked so many good websites, such as US/China/Bulgaria government websites, and currently the top 1 hacker in the world a Turkish guy called iskorpitx, but I can guarantee they never attacked, or mentioned attacking to a private server in the past. If they did, probably people would be laughing at them like "You started hacking random private servers now?"

I doubt they would code a single line to takedown Ko4Life, and I am pretty sure about it.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-23-2023, 04:55 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    05-18-2012, 04:45 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    12-30-2009, 01:58 PM