Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

KO4Life - Dates 15/1/2010 and

This is a discussion on KO4Life - Dates 15/1/2010 and within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Sorry, edit button does not work for me. (Failure of using proxies...) Originally Posted by Felix People are just fieing ...
Page: 8

Sorry, edit button does not work for me. (Failure of using proxies...)

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    People are just fieing to get their hands on it for various reasons. The second we let it go public we will have rival servers and hackers going through the content. Alot of people want to see the server down. I was told there are Turks going to hack us because we won't let Turkish ip connect directly , which is pretty funny when you think about it. They are welcome to join via a proxy if they behave and realise to play to our rules.

I may be going to hospital in a few hours as an emrgancey and they will be operating so untill Devile is 100% happy they client will noy be uploaded.
    Exactly. You will get lots of attacks at the second server goes live. No matter it will be from Turkey or not, in general you may face problems due to amount of attacks. That's why Open Beta is so important. Without these attacks, you can never succeed a good security for the official release, or a good ingame security to prevent koxp/dupe. Everything should be erased after Open Beta, so have to take every important security step in that short period.

You may be worrying too much for DDoS attacks. Pretty much none of the servers (including Knight-Empire at the worst times, since you played it) went down because of DDoS attacks. They went down because of the Ebenezer/Aujard exploits, which seemed as DDoS attack. I really don't think a hacker group would DDoS Ko4Life till it goes down. Even if they do, just IP Ban after that so it will be more understandable.

By the way, as I mentioned before, the Turkish newbies won't handle Ko4Life rates. They will give up before they even reach level 10. Just a random VPS PK server with +5 uniques/+10 items is what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Thats where load balancing comes to play, where other methods are insufficient. If someone skilled wanted to bring Google down, i would just laugh in his face. Google has the funds, you dont. Back when i hosted a KO server i was DDoSed for no good reason, it just seems "fun" for some kids.

But thanks for clarifying why Turks are blocked from Ko4Life.
    Sure huge companies like Google can afford having their applications with high availability all over the world, yet that doesn't stop a DDoS at all. It simply makes it pointless for the attacker to even try cause it won't be effective.

Load Balancing is pretty expensive. Companies follow that road for high availability and performance only, not for DDoS protection. In order to be effective against a DDoS u will have to invest a lot of money on many servers hosted in several different providers. All that just for DDoS???, when u can find other solutions at a network level that are far cheaper in terms of investment and management are focused on security?

Sorry but the last thing I will advice a company for protecting themselves against DDoS is load balancing. Sure, load balancing in a huge scale mitigates DDoS attacks, yet is not worth the investment just for it. The only thing I agree with u is that there's plenty of kids that find "fun" to DDoS servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    You may be worrying too much for DDoS attacks. Pretty much none of the servers (including Knight-Empire at the worst times, since you played it) went down because of DDoS attacks. They went down because of the Ebenezer/Aujard exploits, which seemed as DDoS attack. I really don't think a hacker group would DDoS Ko4Life till it goes down. Even if they do, just IP Ban after that so it will be more understandable.

By the way, as I mentioned before, the Turkish newbies won't handle Ko4Life rates. They will give up before they even reach level 10. Just a random VPS PK server with +5 uniques/+10 items is what they want.
    They have done it with the forums more than once in the past. Why should we believe u now?

jatokor

Isn't ko something like national sport/game in turkey ? Dunno, just for me it might be like this "They wanna fuk with us ? We'll take them down"

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Sure huge companies like Google can afford having their applications with high availability all over the world, yet that doesn't stop a DDoS at all. It simply makes it pointless for the attacker to even try cause it won't be effective.

Load Balancing is pretty expensive. Companies follow that road for high availability and performance only, not for DDoS protection. In order to be effective against a DDoS u will have to invest a lot of money on many servers hosted in several different providers. All that just for DDoS???, when u can find other solutions at a network level that are far cheaper in terms of investment and management are focused on security?

Sorry but the last thing I will advice a company for protecting themselves against DDoS is load balancing. Sure, load balancing in a huge scale mitigates DDoS attacks, yet is not worth the investment just for it. The only thing I agree with u is that there's plenty of kids that find "fun" to DDoS servers.

They have done it with the forums more than once in the past. Why should we believe u now?

Because from what I see the community wants them just to make the population bigger so it's more enjoyable for us. I personally don't care but if the community wants it, why not give it to them... after all, if anything happens you can be the person to say "I told you so.".

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    if anything happens you can be the person to say "I told you so.".
    Really great and mature way to solve things, "I told you so"...

[/B]

Because from what I see the community wants them just to make the population bigger so it's more enjoyable for us. I personally don't care but if the community wants it, why not give it to them... after all, if anything happens you can be the person to say "I told you so.".
    And when they don't get their way with something or someone talks shit about turkey, Devile should have to deal with the consequences?

Also wtf is the point of lying? You said you personally don't care, but in the thread by Aristona, you say "We need them to make a fun experience."
    Last edited by SlmShady; 01-11-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    And when they don't get their way with something or someone talks shit about turkey, Devile should have to deal with the consequences?
    What consequences does it make for him? Maybe a little, but it will be the players that will have to till with consequences as they paid and have already wasted their time in the game, and now both of that is gone. Now if the players are willing to say let them, even though it might cause the money/time they spend in the game to be wasted, then I don't see the big deal why not.

U dont realize that if we lift the IP Ban and then we decide to put it back, it's gonna be hell for us? We are going to piss a LOT of ppl off. U really think is gonna be that easy?

If we decide to lift the IP ban, which im against, is not gonna be easy to ban Turkey again and mostlikely we WILL get DDoSed til hell freezes. That I'm 99% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    U dont realize that if we lift the IP Ban and then we decide to put it back, it's gonna be hell for us? We are going to piss a LOT of ppl off. U really think is gonna be that easy?

If we decide to lift the IP ban, which im against, is not gonna be easy to ban Turkey again and mostlikely we WILL get DDoSed til hell freezes. That I'm 99% sure.
    Then my suggestion is let the open beta start with the Turkish IP ban active and see how many people show up... make it a pk server for the open beta so you will get the maximum capacity of players, and if the community thinks that that number isn't enough, then there is no other choice but to let them in.

Then my suggestion is let the open beta start with the Turkish IP ban active and see how many people show up... make it a pk server for the open beta so you will get the maximum capacity of players, and if the community thinks that that number isn't enough, then there is no other choice but to let them in.
    Or do the same 1 week after official launches. I doubt we wont have enough ppl tho, alrdy 200+ ppl voted "hell yea ill join for sure" and god knows have many were too lazy to vote

push date back to 30th k thnx

two days left

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

or we can just ignore all the crap and keep turkish ip banned. take it or leave it end of .

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    or we can just ignore all the crap and keep turkish ip banned. take it or leave it end of .

Always had a way with words Kava

is there a time set for when the download is available? im gmt +10

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-23-2023, 04:55 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    05-18-2012, 04:45 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    12-31-2009, 02:05 AM