Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Some people here may already know it has been something that has been spoken about by the staff for years. ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Default KO4life/Gamers4life KO

Some people here may already know it has been something that has been spoken about by the staff for years.

So I am now going to ask you all the question , if we decided to launch a server what would you want and expect from it and unltimatley would you be intrested in a project?

Devile has made it clear that he would by a part of any project that we undertook but we were always cutious about the come back of using our own name.

Now many of you may be thinking why have we had such a change of heart all of a sudden? Well as I am now working my way through a 4 year computing degree there are many areas I will be covering and a project like this will be a big boost when I come to aspects of programming and databases. K2 and the state of USKO is now so bad that when I read through the KO forums I decided enough was enough.

I'm an active WOW player and have experinced quality customer service , GM's that know what they are talking about and a comunity that are supportive and help fix problems. KO should be like that and I know with the old staff we have a project like this will excite us just as much as out users.

So this is a change to give me some feedback and get ideas put across. There will be new people involed and we will be trying to adjust the forums to offer a greater level of support towards it.

First of all I will put some ideas to you of how I think the server will be set up

Item levels will still be on the KE scale of 1 to 10 with the same success rates of then. Compunding will only go to +1

Boss respawns set to 1-2 hours on a random preset, we'll make it easier but not too easy.

Level cap will reflect the real level caps of 70 , 80 or 83 depending on what vertion of KO we decie to launch.

A PUS where you can spend KC , unlike other server we will use some of the money for server costs and then make a donaton to a charity of people choice once a month.

Use of any cheat , dupe or bug will result in your forum accounts and game accounts being deleated. your ip will then be given to all other private server so they can place a bann on you to prevent you damaging the spirit of the whole comunity not onlt our server.

XP level will be different to USKO but not so easy that you get bored after 5 mins

Bar the KO4life staff having GM abilities the comunity will be able to vote for GM for their time zones. The GM will have powers to deal with people on the server but will not have any control on the forums.

Comunity spirit, due to the nature of our beginnings we would want to work with as many other projects to enable cheaters are unable to use their servers and to help each other with any problems. This will also show to users that this server has elected to run with a standard that makes it fun for everyone.

Anyway let me know what you think and want and we can take it from there.

Good luck in your project, Mr Felix

hatay

It's a good idea but there's already snoxdko coming out soon

llJuanMall

Wow I can't believe u guys r thinking of launching a private server. Personally I think this is awesome since I know this server will be very successful. Felix, Devil and all theko4life staff have lots of experience to make this server the best one out there. My clannies and I are currently playing a private server and I know many people in this community also are but if this server actually launches then we will definately give it a try. Everything looks good man, best luck with this project and hope it will happen soon.

Banned

People seems to like old KE styles KO-s
    lvl cap 70, max items+8, max uniques+1.( Can be max 80, hard % to +9, same goes unqies +2)
    Slight exp, hard farm. PUS where you can buy stuff but still possible gain them in game.
    In game money needs to have value, same goes for items. Bosses random times are best then hordes camping them. If lvl cap would be 83 that should include cursed weapons( But whats the point if curses dont work)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    People seems to like old KE styles KO-s
    lvl cap 70, max items+8, max uniques+1.
    Have to disagree. Im playing private servers (well at least looking for a nice one) for like a year and my personal experience is thoose old school KE based servers die pretty fast. Ppl need something that attract them (like bdw, ed, krowaz land) and not just pk and farming. And many server has these events already. The G4L KO-idea itself is great tho, like someone already said many ko4life member alrdy playing private servers and Im sure most of them would move to this one, cuz lets be honest, most of the private server sucks (i can name max 3 which have a future...)
    snoxdko? bah, its for the snoxd community ko4life>snoxd

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

First off, I just want to say that this forum is pretty much dead, therefore I would assume that not many people will be aware of it. A suggestion to that solution, well it may not seem anything great, but name the server ko4life... I'm sure it might bring some people back, and I am sure that all the old school players will try to bring someone along with them that they used to play, therefore expanding the population eventually.

1) The most enjoyable version of KO and best times I've had was back in KE, no doubt. Level 83 cap ruins the game in my opinion, and if you want a server to have quality win over quantity, you should put it to be the KE version, in other words level 70 cap.
    2) Make upgrading at the Anvil same % as USKO, meaning at the beginning, the first month or so, people will walk around with crystal +7 armors... instead of having +9 shells like on other servers. Point, make the anvil hard to upgrade (USKO-wise), you will see who dupes, and who doesn't, and does that "make" the high + items should provide screenshots, for I would say +8s and on.
    3) As I mentioned, one thing that will keep players in game for quite some time, is the farming. I suggest not limiting the uniques to +1, because that would probably be easy for a clan that kills every boss in Eslant within a few weeks. I say go to +3, but always look into the uniques of players that are higher then what you expect the person to have.
    4) If you do level 70 cap, it should be just like the KE version, no felankor, just isiloon,... and well we all know that's the hardest boss requiring alot of clan organization, therefore it shouldn't of course have a 100% drop rate, but I would say 50% with items such as ME/RE/WE/CE/ROL/ROC/ROM/GB/IN/IB/CS... or just make it like 25% and have it just drop the really unique ones IN/IB/GB/CS. It's yours to choose, just choose wisely because you don't want the clan that is killing isiloon overloaded with items so early.
    5) Don't do the 2 hour respawn, that's simply way too fast, and if possible, which I sure thing it is, it should honestly be at random times... meaning, let's say eslant bosses spawn now, next set of bosses should be in the 4 hours lets say, then next should be 6 hours. All I'm saying that the respawn time should be at random at either 4, 5 ,6 hours. With this process, yes after restarts you would have everyone in Eslant, but with the random times you would have the dedicated clans who keep doing boss runs at a better chance of getting items, as they are more dedicated to spending time farming and will spend more time camping the bosses then pking like others.
    6) Leveling is never the fun part, but it's a must in this game. I wouldn't ever imagine going back to USKO and wanting to even level to level 70. I say yes, make it worthwhile, but only to the point where people don't ragequit off the server. What makes this game worthwhile isn't the leveling to be honest, it's the farming... therefore my suggestion is having to reach level 70 in a good 2-3 days max. It doesn't seem alot, but trust me, I personally wouldn't spend more then a good week leveling on a private server.
    7) This server, if implemented will need alot of advertisement, and I honestly mean alot. If you have 100 people start off, and later on within a month another 400 people join, it simply doesn't work like that... people think the same way, and therefore thinking it's unfair that some had a head start while they didn't. Coming to the point where I suggest that you should first of all make the server, have a few people test it with you, as in a closed beta just so everything seems working, and then do an open beta for about a month... at this point the open beta will definetly attract people, and as more compile it will bring a huge number to the server, therefore when the offical release happens, you will have a well running server which will last. Trust me on this, it will last... only if things don't go corrupt in the developers.

If I forgot to mention something, please tell me, and I will elaborate on it, and if any of these points have flaws, please mention it and I will either say you are right or give you a response to what the solution to that is.

Quote Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
    Have to disagree. Im playing private servers (well at least looking for a nice one) for like a year and my personal experience is thoose old school KE based servers die pretty fast. Ppl need something that attract them (like bdw, ed, krowaz land) and not just pk and farming. And many server has these events already. The G4L KO-idea itself is great tho, like someone already said many ko4life member alrdy playing private servers and Im sure most of them would move to this one, cuz lets be honest, most of the private server sucks (i can name max 3 which have a future...)
    snoxdko? bah, its for the snoxd community ko4life>snoxd
    You are wrong, because of these "new areas", the private servers seem so scattered population wise. When you take a look at these servers, with their constant 100 people population, a quarter of those are in eslant farming, a quarter are in krowaz, a quarter AFK, and a quarter PKing... is that what you want?

I don't know if any of you know this, but the first server to come out with the KE version was Lost Soulz about 2 years ago, they had pretty much instant level 70, it took about 3 days to get it... and rest was just USKO farming for items and pk. Since it was the first KE version, and this was right after the IP of sharers were blocked in USKO, TONS of people joined. What made it so fun and lasted for so long? It lasted cause of the farming, and what made it fun was people were either in eslant farming for items, or in CZ, having pretty much a constant 100v100 fights. Yes there is some points where you would actually run into like 5 parties together, but it's mostly spread out, and you didn't have to travel all the way to the opponent's base to look for a fight, you had it pretty much every step you took. This is where the level 70 cap comes in. THAT"s EXACTLY THE POINT, the point is to die faster, simply shows your clan teamwork/party work and it would be the only possible way to overrun the tons of parties coming your way. Simply said, the level 70 cap is where the real skills come from.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    You are wrong, because of these "new areas", the private servers seem so scattered population wise. When you take a look at these servers, with their constant 100 people population, a quarter of those are in eslant farming, a quarter are in krowaz, a quarter AFK, and a quarter PKing... is that what you want?

I don't know if any of you know this, but the first server to come out with the KE version was Lost Soulz about 2 years ago, they had pretty much instant level 70, it took about 3 days to get it... and rest was just USKO farming for items and pk. Since it was the first KE version, and this was right after the IP of sharers were blocked in USKO, TONS of people joined. What made it so fun and lasted for so long? It lasted cause of the farming, and what made it fun was people were either in eslant farming for items, or in CZ, having pretty much a constant 100v100 fights. Yes there is some points where you would actually run into like 5 parties together, but it's mostly spread out, and you didn't have to travel all the way to the opponent's base to look for a fight, you had it pretty much every step you took. This is where the level 70 cap comes in. THAT"s EXACTLY THE POINT, the point is to die faster, simply shows your clan teamwork/party work and it would be the only possible way to overrun the tons of parties coming your way. Simply said, the level 70 cap is where the real skills come from.
    yay i remember that version of Lost Soulz. that was fun.

Well im still saying if u can do nothing but pk and farm, no events, it gets boring pretty fast. And its not only me, many ppl i talked with have the same opinion. Ofc the 25 ppl here 25 there thing would suck (hell i remember when i played akara and we had to change between a1 and a2 every 10 min cuz there were no orcs to kill...) still... ppl need events... but hey, if many ppl wanna join just make a poll and lets see what they want/prefer :P

edit: forgot to mention, i love this 2 part:
    "A PUS where you can spend KC , unlike other server we will use some of the money for server costs and then make a donaton to a charity of people choice once a month."

"Use of any cheat , dupe or bug will result in your forum accounts and game accounts being deleated. your ip will then be given to all other private server so they can place a bann on you to prevent you damaging the spirit of the whole comunity not onlt our server."

i would most definitely be a part of this. and please make it old ke with max lvl 70 and without all these new items. its a more even version in my opinion, and the skill of a player is what counts not +2/+3 uniques and +10 weapons.
    and since devil and old ko4life staff would be a part of this im sure they would be fully dedicated to it, and any bugs or problems would be dealt with really quickly.
    spark the flame of old players once again please

You cant compare the old LSKO times anymore with nowadays.

Why you ask?

1) Already alot of PS out, alot more than backdays. Community is way much more scattered out the place
    2) Everyone played already that concept. Had some fun but now they are bored of it.

I agree with Natgeo. If you want a successfull PK server, you need everything like USKO. Hence why we (SexyKO) are working on such a server with every single skill working, cursed weaps working, new war maps etc.

If I were you, I would do the same.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
    Well im still saying if u can do nothing but pk and farm, no events, it gets boring pretty fast. And its not only me, many ppl i talked with have the same opinion. Ofc the 25 ppl here 25 there thing would suck (hell i remember when i played akara and we had to change between a1 and a2 every 10 min cuz there were no orcs to kill...) still... ppl need events... but hey, if many ppl wanna join just make a poll and lets see what they want/prefer :P

edit: forgot to mention, i love this 2 part:
    "A PUS where you can spend KC , unlike other server we will use some of the money for server costs and then make a donaton to a charity of people choice once a month."

"Use of any cheat , dupe or bug will result in your forum accounts and game accounts being deleated. your ip will then be given to all other private server so they can place a bann on you to prevent you damaging the spirit of the whole comunity not onlt our server."
    I'm sorry but can 25 of your people, compare to a compilation of about 2000-3000 players on Lost Soulz that have played for about 3 months compare? I've played KO for over 5 years, BETA, KE, ROFD, FF, and private servers. If you want the Krowaz, Eslant Dungeon or whatever the events are, you have 100s of other servers that have that, or you even have USKO... what other servers don't have, or at least I haven't seen any is the level 70 cap where it is simply farming and pk. If you are the person that's depended on KO, and would like the spend more time then just pk/farm, then you need to go USKO, cause that's where you really need to put time into being the best. The reason why people join private servers is because they don't want to be wasting so much time,... so simply farming, and pking once in a while and actually having a life is all you need in your day. So what's the point of sitting in your chair for 12 hours with those so called "fun events" (which I don't find fun at all), when you can sit at your computer even for 6 hours and farm a fraction of that time and pk a fraction. Trust me, those people that played Lost Soulz and experienced a constant of like 500+ people online could tell you that is all they needed, and that is all that made it, was the pk and the farming.

If you want Krowaz, or whatever events that happen in the new FF version... that means you want 83, which is completely crap and pretty much more then 80% of the private servers out there have that. You want actual recognition and difference of the skillful and the noobies in the game, then have the level 70 cap. How else does it show you are skillful? Simply comparing the armors and weapons, and with the KE version there isn't a whole variety of choice, where as with your events they would have to implement those new gayass weapons. Anyways I could go on, pointing out stuff, but the point is from past experience, I played the first private server with the KE version, Lost Soulz, people have played on it for about 3 months, it was the greatest server ever, I would even say better then any USKO server in ROFD/FF version, sadly it was ruined due to developer corruption and greediness.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    You cant compare the old LSKO times anymore with nowadays.

Why you ask?

1) Already alot of PS out, alot more than backdays. Community is way much more scattered out the place
    2) Everyone played already that concept. Had some fun but now they are bored of it.

I agree with Natgeo. If you want a successfull PK server, you need everything like USKO. Hence why we (SexyKO) are working on such a server with every single skill working, cursed weaps working, new war maps etc.

If I were you, I would do the same.

Just my 2 cents
    So you are trying to point, "Hey, make the same server that I'm an Admin in, same concept, so that way people wouldn't care if I join SexyKO or ko4lifeKO"?

You have a point though, there is alot more servers out there then there used be 2 years ago, but ko4life has recognition, which no other server has had before. As you know, ko4life, the all famous forum other then the official will probably have tons of people crawling, and even the old ones that have quit will probably try it out. Simply because it is run by the admins of ko4life, which as I recall had like 50k members. Hopefully you see the point.

What the new areas, and the new events do... is just divide the server, make the people have a feeling that it's "dead" and simply decrease the population of it. With those new areas instead of having 200 people in CZ, you'll have 50 in CZ, and divide up the rest into those new areas. The fun part though is putting all of them in CZ, to simply make you have an expression of "WOW".

WNxPwnStar

All i want is KO w/o k0xpers and cheaters and ill be happy to play it

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast