Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; So a friend messaged this to me on MSN. I guess that could be one of your ways to market ...
Page: 6

So a friend messaged this to me on MSN. I guess that could be one of your ways to market this.

Anyways i thought i would share some of my thoughts on this server.

I think you should make this as realistic to the regular USKO as possible. So many people whine and complain about the grind of levelling and etc, but that was half the fun whether you realize it or not. If you were in a good guild, getting exp parties whenever was easy, and just messing around on vent while exping was half the fun. I'm not saying you have to make it AS hard as regular KO, but it better be pretty damn close. If you make it easy, people will quit, just like they do in regular KO. When they get max level and theres not a lot of PK, ppl sell accounts. You need to keep the customers interested and still trying to strive for something.

I play WoW, and i think if you incorporate more "exp quests" into the game that are semi-fun, it won't be such a pain on most people to exp.

As for the level cap, i wouldn't do lvl 70. I think you should go to 72 or 75. Why? Well to be honest, i think a lot of people are just holding on to the past and their experiences and not thinking of some off the good that came out of ROFD. I mean its the same in almost every game, old school people don't really like change. I played KE and i preferred RoFD more.

Also, an enjoyable part of PK is raiding exp parties. So i would make CZ the MAIN exp zone to exp. Grant HIGHER EXP RATES in CZ to force people to go exp there.

Also, i don't know if this can even be incorporated, but 8 vs 8 clan battle system would be amazing. A lot of people talk so much about how pro they are and then get stomped in CZ, well...heres a chance to make people back up there talk. Make an 8 vs 8 Clan Battle system with a reward.

Oh and if its possible, disable /town in CZ. So annoying when you about to kill the dude and he just runs off and towns.

I have a lot more ideas that would take to long to type. I don't play KO anymore, and i'm not saying i would consider returning but this sounds like a good idea in theory, but making it a reality is going to be the hard part.
    Last edited by elektriK; 12-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Trashst3r

ah nice hope its little better than usko poop

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Oh i got another simple suggestion... make the cooldown for sword dance the same as howling sword. I hate comboing with sword dance, just feels so awkward D: It would just require a client side fix if I remember correctly.

Eh guess I could just do it myself then lol

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elektriK View Post
    So a friend messaged this to me on MSN. I guess that could be one of your ways to market this.

Anyways i thought i would share some of my thoughts on this server.

I think you should make this as realistic to the regular USKO as possible. So many people whine and complain about the grind of levelling and etc, but that was half the fun whether you realize it or not. If you were in a good guild, getting exp parties whenever was easy, and just messing around on vent while exping was half the fun. I'm not saying you have to make it AS hard as regular KO, but it better be pretty damn close. If you make it easy, people will quit, just like they do in regular KO. When they get max level and theres not a lot of PK, ppl sell accounts. You need to keep the customers interested and still trying to strive for something.

I play WoW, and i think if you incorporate more "exp quests" into the game that are semi-fun, it won't be such a pain on most people to exp.

As for the level cap, i wouldn't do lvl 70. I think you should go to 72 or 75. Why? Well to be honest, i think a lot of people are just holding on to the past and their experiences and not thinking of some off the good that came out of ROFD. I mean its the same in almost every game, old school people don't really like change. I played KE and i preferred RoFD more.

Also, an enjoyable part of PK is raiding exp parties. So i would make CZ the MAIN exp zone to exp. Grant HIGHER EXP RATES in CZ to force people to go exp there.

Also, i don't know if this can even be incorporated, but 8 vs 8 clan battle system would be amazing. A lot of people talk so much about how pro they are and then get stomped in CZ, well...heres a chance to make people back up there talk. Make an 8 vs 8 Clan Battle system with a reward.

Oh and if its possible, disable /town in CZ. So annoying when you about to kill the dude and he just runs off and towns.

I have a lot more ideas that would take to long to type. I don't play KO anymore, and i'm not saying i would consider returning but this sounds like a good idea in theory, but making it a reality is going to be the hard part.
    The only idea that I like from this is the CZ. Simply and perfectly said, it should be made so it grants higher exp rates therefore keeping the raiding alive. Another reason why I think a level 70 cap with the 1299 version is a better idea, as all 3 spots per nation will be packed, harpy/raven, trolls/tws, golems/stone golems. It's an English community, hopefully they remember the ways of respect and they don't start ksing each other, like it was years back.

The only reason why you like 72 or 75 cap is because that's when you were the talk of the servers, Ronark being the start of it all if I recall when it was introduced in the ROFD version. So I'm guessing you are being a bit superstitious about the level cap or something? All I'm saying I've been playing ROFD/FF for about 3 years now and it's exactly what I want, change. Changed back to the way it was back in KE, a little change from a KO crisis climax when it switched into the ROFD version.

I don't know about you, but I personally won't want to put down any clan members. That's what a 8v8 is all about, picking your 8 best clan members so you can show them off to a community and basically saying "Hey these are my best, the rest are crap". I will personally tell a clan member that they suck in pk if they do and try to guide them through, which I know after some time they will reach the level of the way I want my clan to work together and be in a great pk style. So for me, I don't mind humiliating a person in front of a whole clan, as it simply makes the person rage to do better,... but humiliating them in front a whole community is a different story where your clan members will simply not look upon you as their leader anymore and with a possibility of quitting. Hope you get my drift, but that's how it actually is in the game.

Exp rate, I honestly wouldn't want a whole KE leveling experience again. I mean those were fun times as I pretty much talked/had fun as much as I exped in the party, but that's why overall after that amount of time being on daily it seemed like no exp was done. Things turned more competitively ever since the KE, and I know for a fact that you won't be able to change that in people, that is how this server is going to be. Of course there is those people that don't really care anymore for ranking, and they are there to have fun, which I completely understand, and there will be also does competing to become top, thus why a balance in the EXP rate should be created. But I do definitely agree it should me more on the USKO side, but as I said in the previous posts, I wouldn't want to be leveling more then 1 month's full.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    Oh i got another simple suggestion... make the cooldown for sword dance the same as howling sword. I hate comboing with sword dance, just feels so awkward D: It would just require a client side fix if I remember correctly.

Eh guess I could just do it myself then lol
    Mike we both know that in the KE version level 70 warriors were the most fearful. Ta hell, at least for mages they were from what I remember. If I saw a level 70 warrior at that point with a raptor +8 and I was running around solo I knew I was dead before I can say help... honestly a 5 hit combo that takes like a few seconds. Yes it's much more difficult for a warrior to combo with sword dancing, but then again, remember in KE you will be doing the most damage, with a rappy +7 and + uniques if I recall from like 3+ years back, it would be a spamming of 600-700, just imagine that with malice... and even without, you will be 5-6 hitting mages (pot usage included), raping the shit out of rouges even if they use CTRL minor (remember this isn't any kind of exploitation or advantage as it requires skills to be control or else you will just run out of mana in a second and simply die even faster then by using hp pots), and as for warriors and priests, that will always be more of a challenge to kill. After all you remember how it was when me and you played the KE version last time with howling sword,... your name was simply spammed on the CZ list and you remember also that with teamwork most of the people that you ran across dropped in 2-3 hits even if no one else hit them and they were fully duffed.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The only idea that I like from this is the CZ. Simply and perfectly said, it should be made so it grants higher exp rates therefore keeping the raiding alive. Another reason why I think a level 70 cap with the 1299 version is a better idea, as all 3 spots per nation will be packed, harpy/raven, trolls/tws, golems/stone golems. It's an English community, hopefully they remember the ways of respect and they don't start ksing each other, like it was years back.

The only reason why you like 72 or 75 cap is because that's when you were the talk of the servers, Ronark being the start of it all if I recall when it was introduced in the ROFD version. So I'm guessing you are being a bit superstitious about the level cap or something? All I'm saying I've been playing ROFD/FF for about 3 years now and it's exactly what I want, change. Changed back to the way it was back in KE, a little change from a KO crisis climax when it switched into the ROFD version.
    It should be higher exp rates, and slightly higher drop rates as well. Even if the lvl cap is 70+ it doesnt mean that the exp won't be in CZ. As long as they don't include higher level mobs such as TC or DS in an amount that would make exping on them better than 2 spawn trolls, aoe harpies or etc. the exp will be there in CZ regardless of what the level cap is.

It should be the KE bowl too... the RoFD and later expansion's bowl is just disgusting. Makes the pk too linear because people just run through the shortcuts. Some people think it looks better but I don't care, KE's bowl just makes pk much better. Maybe if you could edit the shortcuts out of the map by using some sort of tool it would be decent and still have that look, but it doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Also, when Ash was playing USKO he really didnt level past 70 on ronark and didnt lvl past 72 on girakon lol. Dunno what he did on C West and C East but either way I think that the level cap won't matter too much, they all have their pro's and con's. I just think it should be no higher than 75. The reason I'd expect you have a bias against anything above level 70 is that when you played on girakon I know that platinum premium had just been released while you were there, so lvl 80s started popping up everywhere. RoFD and the moradon expansion weren't so bad pk wise until Platinum premium, because every1 just became high level quickly if they were moderately dedicated. At the beginning of Girakon when no one had gotten 80 yet and most in CZ were 70ish I know the pk was great. There won't be much difference between the pk with a lvl 70 cap or a lvl 72 cap, it's just 10 stat points.

And adding a longer cooldown on sword dance isn't exactly gonna make warrior more powerful either lol cuz u can technically combo slightly faster with sword dance otherwise but either way in 1v1 specifically you can only combo 3 times per pot. A strong warrior with a good priest were most fearful in CZ, when it was a lvl 70 warrior vs. a party of 6 lvl 60 paper mages, a priest without a proper defense shield, and a rogue lol. Could be other parties too with more noob mages with no health lol. Rogues definitely have the advantage 1v1 on warriors too, well at least on the database that I hosted off my old desktop, depends on how the server is set up, but either way i dont care. Making sword dance a longer cooldown doesnt do anything to help a warrior pk better, just makes me get less agitated lol.
    Last edited by sir_locksley; 12-02-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Banned

e/ wooooops wrong thread
    Last edited by Kalbasa; 12-02-2009 at 09:22 PM.

It would be cool if more people based their own opinions on how the server should approximately be like... after all this server is being made for the ko4life/gamers4life community in order to satisfy the members long awaited KO needs.

if u launch the server , many people will join for sure since it sounds really good and i like the part about donation

I'd like to see a server with lvl 70 cap, with like x2 or x3 times the usko exp rate... add new mobs into cz so you don't make exp THAT borred... items max +8/+1 for now, and when servers get old, you go +9/+2 ( iron sets +1 max), then +9/+2 full and etc, so people will still have chances to gear up... aslo, make drop rate like 10-15%+ than usko, and add new mobs not so hard and not so easy to kill, or a quest that allows people to get some kind of jewels...

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

there is 1 point that maybe u guys are forgetting ( and i havent read the long replys xD) but right now, as far as i know the skills 70+ doesnt work like usko, so imagine a rogue that can crit (2-3x the ap) and malice the target 1st. tbh a server like KE would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by camisita View Post
    there is 1 point that maybe u guys are forgetting ( and i havent read the long replys xD) but right now, as far as i know the skills 70+ doesnt work like usko, so imagine a rogue that can crit (2-3x the ap) and malice the target 1st. tbh a server like KE would be nice
    One of the long posts did mention that, and thus why people are mostly for the idea of a level 70 cap, and well some for the level 72 or 75 cap. But as said, for example for mages fire/ice/lighting armor aren't working properly, and I doubt any server has them working the way it's suppose to, so in my opinion the level 75 cap should be out of the question.

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

I've thought about creating a new style game of KO for some time actually. I would never be able to do it at this point in time but here are some ideas i thought about when considering running my own server.

- Having the ability to jump
    -A party free pvp zone (a lot of people like to 1v1 in ko so just create a new zone to encourage that)
    -New interchangeable UI's
    -New classes and races (like elves, dwarves, clerics, hunters, ect.)
    -Differents kinds of quests other than killing a mob (ie upgrading weapons to a certain +, or discovering each part of the world)
    -Better customization of characters (new faces and hair, customizable height and weight)
    - Cheaper pots and ones that work only for the arena that are free

This is all i can think of so far. Idk if all of this is possible or not but i'm throwing my ideas out there to see if it is and if it springs any other ideas that are possible.

I hope this server is schrotti-free.

Quote Originally Posted by konioko View Post
    I've thought about creating a new style game of KO for some time actually. I would never be able to do it at this point in time but here are some ideas i thought about when considering running my own server.

- Having the ability to jump
    -A party free pvp zone (a lot of people like to 1v1 in ko so just create a new zone to encourage that)
    -New interchangeable UI's
    -New classes and races (like elves, dwarves, clerics, hunters, ect.)
    -Differents kinds of quests other than killing a mob (ie upgrading weapons to a certain +, or discovering each part of the world)
    -Better customization of characters (new faces and hair, customizable height and weight)
    - Cheaper pots and ones that work only for the arena that are free

This is all i can think of so far. Idk if all of this is possible or not but i'm throwing my ideas out there to see if it is and if it springs any other ideas that are possible.
    1) Having the ability to jump is simply pointless. Everyone was so excited to see that jump was implemented in the FF version, and after a day they simply forgot it even existed.
    2) Soloing requires extreme skills in survivability, thus having to avoid parties of sorts. Giving people a pvp area where solo pk happens is do-able, but how is it fair for INT priests to solo pk? Or paper mages? Or massived warriors? Concluding that this area would simply be owned by rouges, who keep on gaining 50 NP constantly while those in the real CZ have to put up real party vs party fights and with 1 kill only receive the 13/14 NP. As you see, it simply isn't fair towards the ranking system as well. This idea is basically out of the questions as there is many more valid reasons why a solo pvp area is an unfair advantage to some. If you really want to prove that you are an amazing player, by all means, there will still be a inside arena where you can show your talent to others and defeat the people that you have desired to face. If you want to earn NP while soloing, well that 50 NP is valuable, and well you gotta work extra hard on your survivability in order to gain it.
    3) Interchangeable UI's will make the server more of an endangered zone as it will be easier for users with skillful programming to tbl edit files.
    4) A game, take Aion for example, has 8 classes, and do you know how long it took them to make the game? So just imagine how much work would have to be put in even to create one extra class. And don't even get me started on the skills,... we would need imagination to create what? about 20-30 skills for one class? Taking into consideration as well that this must be balanced out with other classes as well.
    5) People always did complain about the amount of quests, or in other words, mid-game content for leveling,... so personally on behalf of the admins I would say this should be one of the areas that you should expand your ideas. We all know, grinding those get boring,... there is those that can through it for a long time, but there is also some that simply want a change of events, in other words some fun quests to do. Expand your ideas on this topic, whether it would be killing a certain amount of mobs, killing a certain amount of the opposite nation players, even getting exp per kill of an opponent or whatever comes to mind.
    6) I don't know about you, but I certainly don't look at how my character looks. Certain games have height difference, but with that situation, certain heights have advantages and disadvantages, like lets say your character is bigger then most others then the damage intake would be smaller, or vise versa. I really don't think people care whether a detail in the face is changed or not... after all this isn't a high graphic game such as WoW, or any other newly released MMORPG.
    7) I think cheaper would be a good idea, but certainly not the point where it is less expensive to buy it from the NPC then to make it with a level 60 healer. Overall, I'm not sure on this one, but as for the weight of the pots, I know that especially in the KE version, being a mage for example and having a weight capacity of 500 or whatever the number is, is pretty irritating and therefore I do think that it is a good idea to decrease the weight of the pots, not to the point where people carry an infinite amount, as sometimes for example on isiloon if you are fighting an opposite nation clan for it, it sometimes turns out to be a tactic for those who run out of pots first. That is more for Felankor actually, but it happens with Isiloon sometimes. So just saying, that the weight should at least be halved from it's standard.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast