Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; sir_locksley has agreed to joing the team....
Page: 8

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

sir_locksley has agreed to joing the team.

Id be happy to help in way possible dan so send me a pm if you like.

My opinion is that if K2 do hear about this server theres no way of stopping them attempting to hack and take down the server, they have done it to all private servers in the past by using their backdoor knowledge, however with a good server shield and good protection on the database this wouldnt happen and im sure that you would facilitate that.

Another idea i would throw in there is to setup a basic beta pvp server, just an example lvl 80 cap, +8/+1 items dropping in moradon etc. until you get the propper server up and running, will show you how many people are actually interested and potentially stop people from getting bored of waiting for dropping the idea from their minds.

Theres obviously going to be lots of debate and complaints about a farm or a pk server as different people want and prefer different things. A little suggestion would be a pk server with a farm element to improve. Don't flame this idea as it is just an example. Players start with +7 armor, basic +0 uniques and +7 weapons. An example of a rogue would be dual elf ring, +10 dex earrings, bdn +0, +10 dex belt, +7 fp set (non upgradable) and dual md's+7. This is the idea that Perseus KO have and to be fair to the server they have a very high active community. My personal idea would be almost the same as the starting gear in SexyKo - shell set +7, shards+7, 2x rol+0, 2x eme+0, in+0, ib+0 --- With this idea you could then put further items like sherions, raums, valk, gryphon, mythril, cursed weapons etc dropping from mobs in darkland / bf or even quests. I would also change the starting uniques to more simpler items, like roms / kekuri rings etc. This way people can still pk at the start but to improve you simply need a little bit of farming, this attacts the majority of players because of the differnet aspects within the game.

As for events ingame.. You need to be very careful when selecting gm's to play in your server, i know you already know this but from previous experience even the most trustable players can go a little bit power hungry and corrupt. Obviously a good idea is to just remove spawning powers from gm's and limit their powers in general but I have seen gm's killing boss's that spawn simply to get items for their chars etc. Boss events should only be run by yourself, devile, shurt etc.
    Other events such as Kill the GM event and Find the GM events are very good in order to keep the players interested and excited with the server, obviously not giving out HUGE rewards regulary. GM wars would be another idea to intise players into the fun pk.

Anyway theres just a few ideas, don't flame them, just constructive critisim and your own ideas would actually help the topic.

Regards tabbycat

I would like if u could make quests with mobs from cz i mean kill 200 golems get *** exp or kill apos of flame ,etc that would make fun to raid the exp spots and that would be a big fight betwen races for the spots .

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Id be happy to help in way possible dan so send me a pm if you like.

My opinion is that if K2 do hear about this server theres no way of stopping them attempting to hack and take down the server, they have done it to all private servers in the past by using their backdoor knowledge, however with a good server shield and good protection on the database this wouldnt happen and im sure that you would facilitate that.

Another idea i would throw in there is to setup a basic beta pvp server, just an example lvl 80 cap, +8/+1 items dropping in moradon etc. until you get the propper server up and running, will show you how many people are actually interested and potentially stop people from getting bored of waiting for dropping the idea from their minds.

Theres obviously going to be lots of debate and complaints about a farm or a pk server as different people want and prefer different things. A little suggestion would be a pk server with a farm element to improve. Don't flame this idea as it is just an example. Players start with +7 armor, basic +0 uniques and +7 weapons. An example of a rogue would be dual elf ring, +10 dex earrings, bdn +0, +10 dex belt, +7 fp set (non upgradable) and dual md's+7. This is the idea that Perseus KO have and to be fair to the server they have a very high active community. My personal idea would be almost the same as the starting gear in SexyKo - shell set +7, shards+7, 2x rol+0, 2x eme+0, in+0, ib+0 --- With this idea you could then put further items like sherions, raums, valk, gryphon, mythril, cursed weapons etc dropping from mobs in darkland / bf or even quests. I would also change the starting uniques to more simpler items, like roms / kekuri rings etc. This way people can still pk at the start but to improve you simply need a little bit of farming, this attacts the majority of players because of the differnet aspects within the game.

As for events ingame.. You need to be very careful when selecting gm's to play in your server, i know you already know this but from previous experience even the most trustable players can go a little bit power hungry and corrupt. Obviously a good idea is to just remove spawning powers from gm's and limit their powers in general but I have seen gm's killing boss's that spawn simply to get items for their chars etc. Boss events should only be run by yourself, devile, shurt etc.
    Other events such as Kill the GM event and Find the GM events are very good in order to keep the players interested and excited with the server, obviously not giving out HUGE rewards regulary. GM wars would be another idea to intise players into the fun pk.

Anyway theres just a few ideas, don't flame them, just constructive critisim and your own ideas would actually help the topic.

Regards tabbycat
    The idea for the BETA server has already been mentioned before. It is quite an interesting idea as it will attract players to join up and see how the server is, and of course it's an initial observation of the average total population of the server. However, the BETA server should be only started once we see everything is running smoothly and no flaws could be found, that way we give a chance to some honest people to maybe point out any problems (hopefully it doesn't happen, but once again, even though computers are perfect, humans writing the programs aren't) and simply for people to try it out. Yes during this BETA, I doubt people will want to level or farm, so pretty much instant level and some boss events or even just give a +0 unique set out, would be a proper way to start off the BETA for players to have fun while more join up. Personally, if the initial population doesn't seem that great, which I really doubt, the BETA should stay for some time while more people join up, and on the other hand, if it's a major overflow, the BETA should at least be a one-week run so people get the feel of it. That is honestly far from the agenda, there is many more things to do before, such as fixing the content of the game the way you guys want it to be.

Your suggest to giving out a +7 armor set and +0 unique set at the start of the server, sounds to me like you want another SexyKO... which is a pk server after all. It would just drive the people away faster and make them lose interest in the server. I know for myself when I used to play SexyKO, I couldn't stay on longer then an hour, cause I simply get bored of the pk, as that's the only thing there is to do on the server... while on USKO, there were days back in high school where I would pretty much play the whole day without realizing how fast it passed, meaning that I had a hell of time.

Any server can go corrupt in a snap. I mean you have a server where a GM does a boss spawn for a friend,... it's minor yeah, but it's still corruption. Sure that GM will be banned from the server, but no matter how justifiable it looks, people will still remember what happened. This is of course completly a decision that Felix and Devile have to make, but a suggestion is have GMs with the power to do events, even do boss spawns (if there are boss events), but make sure those players don't have in game characters. It's logical... I mean that way you will see which GMs are just there for the fun of interacting with others in game through-out discussion and for the help of others.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Could some1 quote the post wher ppl get pms or sth like that?

or just quote all the important posts plx

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Could some1 quote the post wher ppl get pms or sth like that?

or just quote all the important posts plx
    There won't be any need for that, simply just put your idea out and we will take it into consideration, and I'm assuming in a matter of time we will decide how the server is officially going to look like... and that way you won't have to read pages of posts, but just one big long look-alike-essay.

I've wanted ko4life to do this for a long time, but I never thought it'd happen. A lot of people quit ko and would come back if there was a server to play that didn't require months of lvling and could be trusted to be free of trojans,keyloggers.

It'd be a good way for people who moved servers on usko to be able to play with their old friends again and a new way for people from different servers to play against eachother.

As a lot of people are saying, I think the max level should be 70, with the rofd layout, which looks much nicer than KE's. It'd also be a way to get rid of ctrl minor which is always used on p servers.

I don't think there should be a PUS where you can get weapons. It always makes pk for people who don't like to spend money on items 5x less fun. If there were to be a PUS, it should be similar to USKOs where it's more a power up store than a baba shop. The Skills should be lvl 70 max. If there are any 70+ skills, the only one should be hellis - not too powerful of a 70+ skill, one that rofd bps have gotten used to, and one that doesn't make the game uneven.

There shouldn't be over-moderation of the game since it's going to be made for a community and not just one group of friends. Private server GMs often ban anyone who is questionable in pk, or that they or their friends don't like personally. If there are multiple GMs, they shouldn't be given the power to do w/e they want. They should act as game moderators more than anything else.

Impersonators, players who take the names of other known players, should have there chars deleted or renamed. It should be easy to tell who's fake because a lot of the commonly impersonated players know about ko4life or have friends that do.

Server status should always be updated if and when changes are being made. A lot of the times that private servers are being updated or are offline, people who don't know about the server are always making new posts and getting banned from the forums. Keeping the players informed on whats going on prevents this from happening and keeps players from quitting because of the downtime.

HORROR ctrl minor is fixable now on private servers so the lvl cap doesn't matter.

@ unbeatable, i understand where your coming from, im not asking it to be a sexyko, hence the reason i said about getting better items from farming and the chance of upgrading to +9 and simply making the starter items untradeable / unupgradable. If its a PURE farm and u start with nothing, lots of people wont like that.

Breth/Piana was still around in KE right? Didn't change to gayferson and i dont even know elmo's main city til ROFD correct?

Banned

The bad thing about all the private servers is like, when your hp does drop, you dont see it actually drop or something, no idea how i should explain it but i hate it, cause it makes me heal later and i dont know it might be lag..

slim i didn't know u still play ko

<-NiTeRiDeR from olym

PFC Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xBABYx View Post
    The bad thing about all the private servers is like, when your hp does drop, you dont see it actually drop or something, no idea how i should explain it but i hate it, cause it makes me heal later and i dont know it might be lag..
    I agree with that and if in this project u can fix that to see the hp bar droping like in usko would be awesome , another thing is the ctrl minor bug + glich also if u can fix that would make ur server unike i haven't see that fix on other private servers every rogue just do minor control ._. .

IMO a lvl 70 cap is the best choice for a balanced PK and about PUS would be there things like name change or nation transfer , maybe some sc thats give u more exp or more nps , if u put items there you would kill the farm style if u making it a farm server .

Looking forward at this server with a lot of friends .

U mean it doesnt show on time on a party bar that some1's hp drops, right ?
    Besides if u could make ALL skills working till 80 i dont mind. If not than i'd still much more enjoy 70. + Long capes WOULD ROCK!! GL

Axarus

ya thats very annoing if u r priest or mage u dont know if ur party member still have fll hp or his hp its like 40% cause of drop bar bug. If its possible to fix it will be rly gg.
    I think max lvl should be 70 and like 2x faster xp then at USKO but no mobs in CZ like DK or EvilWizards Booro, in cz should be many ( i thinking about mobs almost on every free place ) spots with all kind of trols harpys golems. CZ should be main land to xp Eslant will be only to farm Bosses.I think old CZ style was better but thats just my opinion.
    Ofc in all areas like Kaluga Raiba Asga etc mobs will still be there and u can xp there but for example mobs in cz gives 2x more xp.About items in PUS thats sick if u can buy rare items for real cash in PUS for me should be only scrols maybe valkyrias and things like 10k soul pots 10k heal pots ofc if making money in game will be same like at new server in USKO avery single 1m its important and u will spent it on things u rly need.
    I played also half year in Wow had 80 Druid out there and i personaly know that Arenas where u can fight 2vs2 or 4vs4 are very popular out there i dont know if its possible to make a system that count ur wins and loses but if not every single day one of the gm will spent like 1-2h of making an vs event 1vs1 2vs2 4vsv and 8vs8 all wins and loses will be post on KO Panel and all will know whos best I also think there should be just 2-3 days with 3 wars per day not like on some private servers where war is everyday and after 2 weeks u r sick of it.
    Also personal weapons at lvl 70 will be nice to make some diff in ppl's gear its rly sad when all warriors are with raptors just few with HB's and just few with dual wield ( in wow are thousand of weapons and thats making ur character special u r not just one of the ... u r special ;p )
    About GM's power there should be just few GMS that can do in game everythink the most know and fair ppl form our community.

About the premium i dont know what to think about it but im sure that there shouldnt be a bronze silver gold and plat premium cause the rich one's will always have plat and what about p00r but very gg players that cant afford platiniums avery month. Dunno what's good for all.

For people who don't know a lot about private servers....

Ctrl minor is fixed in many servers including SexyKo and possibley EUKO as far as im aware.

As for the hp bar in the party menu, it has been fixed with the newest version of the rofd skin.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast