Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe The way the game was developed from the start was that mages would simply not be ...
Page: 11

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The way the game was developed from the start was that mages would simply not be able to compare anywhere close to a warrior when 1v1ing. In KE, for a better then average warrior to even the best mage, is simply not possible. Vsing only became a popular part of KO in the ROFD version, where mages could actually compare to other classes when it came down to vsing. Don't want to sound cocky, but from the hundreds of vses that I've had against others, I've won more then 95% of them as a mage, even if the person out-leveled and out geared, simply because I have played mage probably the longest out of anyone and am skillful at it and also because in the ROFD version they made it so mages could compare to other classes when it came to 1v1ing.
    Not once have I felt a disadvantage as a KE mage. Knowing that going damage built is only for those extremly geared out mages who could recover their hp/ac loss with their uniques and armors,... I simply had to settle down with the idea after some time that it's mostly support that's what's needed. This made me feel at the top, because I was extremely good at what I had to do when it came down to supporting or just mage overall, no doubt about it, thus why I never felt any disadvantage as a mage, and as a matter of fact, on the contrary, I felt it like an advantage.

Yes Bray, I've already mentioned that the flashing hp bars was fixed quite some time ago with the change of the ROFD UI's... but as for the lag on the hp bars, I really doubt anyone came up with the solution to that. If anyone reading this, has played on a private server where they don't see lag on the hp bars, meaning that it's synchronized, then please tells us so, and which server this comes from, as I would love to look into it.
    get on msn, needa talk to you about it. i added you i think lol

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The way the game was developed from the start was that mages would simply not be able to compare anywhere close to a warrior when 1v1ing. In KE, for a better then average warrior to even the best mage, is simply not possible. Vsing only became a popular part of KO in the ROFD version, where mages could actually compare to other classes when it came down to vsing. Don't want to sound cocky, but from the hundreds of vses that I've had against others, I've won more then 95% of them as a mage, even if the person out-leveled and out geared, simply because I have played mage probably the longest out of anyone and am skillful at it and also because in the ROFD version they made it so mages could compare to other classes when it came to 1v1ing.
    Not once have I felt a disadvantage as a KE mage. Knowing that going damage built is only for those extremly geared out mages who could recover their hp/ac loss with their uniques and armors,... I simply had to settle down with the idea after some time that it's mostly support that's what's needed. This made me feel at the top, because I was extremely good at what I had to do when it came down to supporting or just mage overall, no doubt about it, thus why I never felt any disadvantage as a mage, and as a matter of fact, on the contrary, I felt it like an advantage.
    the fact that a mage SHOULD not be able to stand up to a warrior is why i like being a mage. being at a disadvantage is what makes it fun for me having to out skill your opponent and knowing exactly what skills to do at the right time. i have one my fare share of versus and most of them are one with more than 3/4 of my hp in tact just because i out pace my opponent with thorn and helping me along the way. another question is even if their isnt those rings were their any scorching staffs or hell bloods or wreath staffs even with one of those staffs equipped with a good mage should bring up the damage enough to do some decent dmg on any opponent????

DAFAQ Senior Member

If they gonna make 70 cap server then there shouldnt be any items from after KO era. That would be just pointless coz u will have lvl 70 chars using lvl 80 weapons (less hp more ap ). Ppl will die like flys then and that wont be fun.

So quit about adding mini fela, mini ultima and after KE items coz it will make game unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    Time to do some digging and learn MySQL!
    You won't get far with some SQL. Would suggest to get some people who have good knowlegde about C#/ASM and those things

OH ye, whats the use of that project team? Afaik, most of them got totally no knowlegde about developping things xD

ok guys firstly i didnt read all 11 pages of results so bear with me if this shit already been posted...

i think that to keep people interested in a private server for any length of time u need to have a lot of things to do... i really like the new style 1310 servers and i have seen progress by some developers with alot of new events working and custom additions...

i was recently playing a server ultimateko which didnt last so long due to shitty admin fighting... but the thing that made it fun server was it had working ED. krowaz land was working. bf working. ultima and felankor cave working... ft working...

basically u need options for the players in dead times... u can boss hunt u can farm or u can goto a event etc.

i think u need to have like orginal drop rate on bosses with long respawns like usko or its no fun cuz u are finding bosses in no time and if u will have only +1 items everyone will make this in no time...

exp should be easy enough that people wont rage quit on first day but hard enough that there is not a ton of 83 characters... figure u can make 70 in not too much time and be able to farm basic items ... shells . high class weapon etc.

80 should be like 1-3 weeks worth of work with 83 being significantly harder to make then 80 like double the time so that casual gamers will stop at 80 and maybe just pk but hardcore people and hard core clans can xp to 83 and farm new zones...

i think u should really think about how u will implement donator items or premiums etc cuz this imo is the thing that makes me wanna stay or quit a server i think its so silly if u have alot of money u can get any item or shit...

i personally wouldnt mind seeing like a 10$ or monthly premium which allows higher xp / upgrade / drop rate... this is a fair price anyone can afford it u get some kc for scrolls or trinas etc... i think 1500/300 ac speed pot should be farmable... pus scroll should be 2k + ac etc.

i HATE servers where they sell donator unique and cs and shit like that its taking all the fun out of server cuz any noobs can donate and make cs party in cz and gay up everyones pk... also i think that if u made this server u really need to think about admins n shit like this cuz i dont wanna play somewhere where all ko4life buttbuddies and ass clowns all have popularity contest and gm friends gifting all oldskool friends items , if u will make this server make it fair and all man playing legit.

take ur time developing a server and dont put up a shit or eveyone will fuk it and u waste ur own time and money ... this is not a small project a lot of work money and resources are needed to run a good private ko.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    You won't get far with some SQL. Would suggest to get some people who have good knowlegde about C#/ASM and those things

OH ye, whats the use of that project team? Afaik, most of them got totally no knowlegde about developping things xD
    Hmm bitching again abiut the idea of our server?

If you have to time to take a good look at things then pass comment.

For a start how old is this thread now? What 2 days old and how many views and posts.

With the amount of research and effort I have put into setting this off don't you think there is back room staff with the experince to start things.

Why do you think I am making a big open disscussion and drive to get people involed? Yup because unlike other servers I am doing this in a cailm professional mannor.

Oh do you realise we actually have every vertion of USKO and MYKO server files debugged and if we really wanted we could host them?

This server is going to have the KO4life name attached to it and there is no one on this earth that is going to destroy the biggest comunity the game has ever seen. I have now been talking to people for over 24 hours none stop about doing different elements for the server project. I am smart enough to know that I need people involed who are not programmers or coders, I need real players past and presant to give the team the right feedback so we can make a server that is balanced and successfull.

Just know that the ethos of sexyKO and The KO4life Project will be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Hmm bitching again abiut the idea of our server?

If you have to time to take a good look at things then pass comment.

For a start how old is this thread now? What 2 days old and how many views and posts.

With the amount of research and effort I have put into setting this off don't you think there is back room staff with the experince to start things.

Why do you think I am making a big open disscussion and drive to get people involed? Yup because unlike other servers I am doing this in a cailm professional mannor.

Oh do you realise we actually have every vertion of USKO and MYKO server files debugged and if we really wanted we could host them?

This server is going to have the KO4life name attached to it and there is no one on this earth that is going to destroy the biggest comunity the game has ever seen. I have now been talking to people for over 24 hours none stop about doing different elements for the server project. I am smart enough to know that I need people involed who are not programmers or coders, I need real players past and presant to give the team the right feedback so we can make a server that is balanced and successfull.

Just know that the ethos of sexyKO and The KO4life Project will be very different.
    Felix, where the fuk am I bitching about things? Get of your high horse imo. If you read my posts here, I said my opinion about how the server should be and how much I'm looking forward to this. So read my posts before you judge me.

Besides its not hard to get those files ready. They are posted on many many forums. Point is what I tried to say is, Its not hard to bring a server on. Its hard to bring a well protected server on. Thats why I said that SQL knowlegde isnt that important, but C#/ASM knowledge is.

To end, yes I disagree with a 70 server cap server. I just hope you listen to sir_locksney, cuz my opinion about a farm server is like his

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Felix, where the fuk am I bitching about things? Get of your high horse imo. If you read my posts here, I said my opinion about how the server should be and how much I'm looking forward to this. So read my posts before you judge me.

Besides its not hard to get those files ready. They are posted on many many forums. Point is what I tried to say is, Its not hard to bring a server on. Its hard to bring a well protected server on. Thats why I said that SQL knowlegde isnt that important, but C#/ASM knowledge is.

To end, yes I disagree with a 70 server cap server. I just hope you listen to sir_locksney, cuz my opinion about a farm server is like his
    Aplogies I miread what you said. I've been up over 26 hours now I can barley read. I thought you was passing remarks that we didn't have anyone who could code what is required for this project. Also with the tone you passed in another post it read the same way for me and with you involement with sexyKO it seemed as you were having a dig. And I will always have a high horse because I am very tall and normally very high so a horse would obviously need to be of the same status as ones self.

I've been on a few of these servers that bump up the skill level so other classes can get the extra stat points for one build or another.

The big problem is the whole KE/ROFD debate. There was the biggest shift in top clans and players during this 2 year period. KE does look really crap compaired to latrer vertions but the ultimatley they were boring because there was no difference. I remmeber in KO invading the human nation was fucking hard due to the narrow passage we had to push through and then I didn't have a clue where the fuck I was as I never been to Piana before.

Ultimatley I guess there will be some decsions that will fall down to myself or Devile with aspects of the server. I personally want a very pure server to launch. Fixes are easier for the launch and the code it self will be easier to mange. Also Devile has got a heap of GM scripts for the KO/KE servers which only we and K2 have.

People want this to happen soon and I have set a dead line for launch which Devile said could be halfed so I know roughly when we could go live. Only about 4 people know the projected date and with the numbers I am throwing arond for the devlopment staff they think it is easily possible.

The final problem is who has control of the high ranked GM and Admin accounts. I've witness Devile pissed once , I was glad it was not me and he is one evil fucker. God help anyone that trys to be curropt with this server. Only thing USD will get is the charity donation and the runing costs. I will make someone the offical treasurer ( accountent ) for the project to help minimise potential curroption.

I think that if you do cap it at 70 (which i hope) you also include helis so BPs arent stuck using judgement while everyone else has their level 70 skill.

i dont see whats wrong with judgement, itsa really good skill if you know how to use it. But yeah its a good idea.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkReEcH View Post
    i dont see whats wrong with judgement, itsa really good skill if you know how to use it. But yeah its a good idea.
    wtf are you talking about really? "if you know how to use it"

POLISH PLAYBOY Senior Member BabaHypno's Avatar

If priest will get helis then mage should get 72 staff attack.

LEAVE IT HOW IT WAS WHEN LVL CAP WAS 70 thats my 3 cents.

No helis, no staff.

+ Judgement is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BabaHypno View Post
    If priest will get helis then mage should get 72 staff attack.

LEAVE IT HOW IT WAS WHEN LVL CAP WAS 70 thats my 3 cents.

No helis, no staff.

+ Judgement is OK.
    yes but then warriors want blood and rogues want cp then mages want blink and warriors want lv83 skills.

DAFAQ Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I think that if you do cap it at 70 (which i hope) you also include helis so BPs arent stuck using judgement while everyone else has their level 70 skill.

Yeah, also add mage lvl 72 skill, in intres of fairness lets give warriors blooding.....hell... lets just put all 70+ skills on lvl 70 server so that noone feals left out.

On that thought, lets make that everyone has 10 HP so we can all 1 hit each other.

i vote for lv59 max h34r:

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast