Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; For eveyrone who's against Judgement I'd suggest you to dl MaGix movies and you will see what BP can do ...
Page: 16

POLISH PLAYBOY Senior Member BabaHypno's Avatar

For eveyrone who's against Judgement I'd suggest you to dl MaGix movies and you will see what BP can do with this skill.

Axarus

Quote Originally Posted by vhf View Post

8- Top weapons/armours for each class as, Shards, Raptors, Iron Impacts, Elixirs, Iron Bows, Mirage Sword, should drop from high class mobs, maybe Dark Mares as in a 25 - 50% rate(1 armour and 1 weapon drop maybe) or something like that, it should be tested .
    I think mobs like Raven Harpy or Falcons should also drop high class items but with low drop rate like 10% or lower but 50% drop rate on DM's its too high I think.

Quote Originally Posted by vhf View Post
    12- Power Up store. It has to exist or else the server can't run on its own(if it can, great! No pus.) but they should just give a LITTLE advantage over the rest of the players. Example: +7 Weapon / Armour, Maybe some VALKS, AC/HP/EXP whatever, definetly some scrolls(EXP or NP included!). So they would give some advantage, would be cheap, and no one would really cared if they babaed too much.
    Any weapons or Amrmors in PUS will ruin the game ;/ in PUS shall be only HP AC AP DEX STR HP Valkyrias and for me NPS Scrolss shouldnt be able to get in game Hera and other scrols should be able;p

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Pus:

All the scrolls the higher scrolls:
    - 350 AC Scrolls
    - 2000 HP Scrolls
    - NP Increase Scrolls
    - XP Scrolls
    - Wolf Scrolls
    - 15 HP etc scrolls.
    - PUS Transformation Scrolls

Armor:
    - Maybe Valkyrie but no +7 armors. Why? People will buy 100s and upgrade them easily to +8 without any farming.

Miscelanious:
    Perhaps big stacks of potions.
    Maybe even BUS but that would take a way big part of farming.

Quote Originally Posted by BabaHypno View Post
    For eveyrone who's against Judgement I'd suggest you to dl MaGix movies and you will see what BP can do with this skill.
    I always find it blatently funny how people compare these days with nowadays.

Backdays 50% of the people didnt know how to combo, how to target a person, how to use def armors etc etc. Let me tell you something, in a 70 capped server, BPs are useless. I've played one myself on LSKO. Its cool to solo xp and its cool in the early stages of the server (when most are 60-65), but once people are getting 70, BPs fun are over.

I still stand for a 72 capped server. That way priest wont get their lame AOE skills and mages/priest will get a skill thats cool. Imo at 72, classes are greatly balanced.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Back on topic after a few days of technically difficulties, I only recall one great idea that was lost in that 12 hour period or so of roll back, and that is the NP. As someone stated, most people fear of going to CZ and losing their NP thus why it should be reduced, but not to the point where people are leeroying, thus certain parties/clan making an extreme amount of NP. So I think a few others agreed that the gain should stay the same, the 50NP gain if you solo, and so on... but be reduced to 25NP loss per death, that way it brings more desire and less fear for people to step up to the challenge against others and not having to automatically H -> Town.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Uh, so.. my previous post is mia:

1. Do not alter the exp rate - at all.. No more than a 20-30% increasement should be done.
    * You'll want to keep the server alive and interesting as long as possible, now you'll obviously have your lazy ass folks complaining about how the exp sucked and what not, but lets be honest for a second... the first few weeks/months of when a new server is released are always the most fun and entertaining ones, pking on the first weeks at level 50'ish and what not. That's where the real fun lays in, you don't want everyone to be 70 within just a week of xp, pk a hour a day and be bored out of his mind because there's just nothing else to do. The obnoxious grinding, the painful and time consuming act of going through 61-70 is what keeps the game alive, believe it or not. Leaving the EXP rates as they are, you'll have your different kind of sets just like back in the day, you'll be more than able to pk for the first 3-4 months on a solid level 62, battle priests will actually be quite useful at this point. Keep the levels as low as you can for as long as you can. This also allows us to add an functioning Dark Lunar War (max 51 as it was in the old days) to it, maybe even Ardream.

2. Upgrade rates considerably low (KO/KE rates)
    * See above, same goes for the items... the easier it is to upgrade the sooner you run out of stuff to do. Going +7 or even +8 should be somewhat challenging. You don't want the server to be flooded with +8s in just its 2nd week already... what else is there left to do if after you get level 70, your shell set and weapon set +8 other than PK? Nothing.

3. Reduce the NP loss upon death to 25 or 20NPs rather than 50 to eliminate the constant run/town/fear from death.

4. Drops/Droprates/BossRespawns should stay default.
    * We're talking about a private server here. We all know how easy it is to obtain uniques of high value on usko, that's with a playerbase of 2000 or more players camping the bosses all day in and out. Now, on a private server we won't ever have that kind of numbers... heck, even with the publicity on this one, I'm sure as hell there won't be no more than 500-700's on at the peak times, if even. You don't want to flood the server with uniques, if you increase the rates too much you'll have a fair share of level 50s in fp set +6 and a jewel set +1 running around on the server in just the 2nd week already, keep it balanced. Items shouldnt be easily obtainable - ever. The harder it is to obtain them the longer people will be interested in the server. It'll be easier for the "new comers" just as well, rushing to level 60 and just about be ready to start pking as you don't necessarly require to have a full unique set at this point already, and you certainly wont for another 4-5 months till people start farming up enough jewels to compound them.

* Fuck adding new drops to useless mobs, there's no need for them what-so-ever, the drops were perfectly managed from begin with.

* Bossrespawns should definitely be kept at default (6-8 hours) for above reasons, see 4.1.

5. Original KO/KE item sets, don't even dare adding anything rofd/new moradon/whatever the fuck patch they are on now related. All these new weapons/armors/uniques fucked up the game. That includes leaving the AP and other bonuses of FT weapons and certain uniques (lobo, lyc, lupus hammers, hb, dv, dotl, etc.) at their KE default rather than using the fucked up stats from rofd. Don't want their AP to be decreased, nor the MP absorb to be removed, they were perfectly fine as they are.

6. Security related measurements, mickey and I have had our fair share on ideas on how to properly secure just about anything, will update you on that in private.

7. PUS, leave it simple don't add overpowered features.
    * Good way of making money would be by adding the +15 bonus scrolls(Dex, HP, INT, Str, mana) and the Lion scrolls for cheap money, you don't necessarly need them for PK, yet they can be quite helpful.

* Nation Transfers, please keep them limited to once a month or once every 2 weeks, otherwise you'll have people transfering on a daily basis fucking up the balance there is in CZ.

* Name Change scrolls

* You could just as easily be selling stacks of 9999 hp and soul pots, they don't exactly fuck up the economy nor give you that much of an advantage to others, but lets face it... aren't we all bored of having to repot all the time and are just way too fucking lazy to actually stack them up in our inn? Plus, the money you'd be saving at the start, rather than having to pay 15mill + on pots just to exp on you actually buy 4-5 BUS and upgrade instead!

* Never, ever, add the 2000 hp or 350 ac scrolls to the game, they ruin the PK by giving people even more ac and hp than they ever need as well as they imbalance the game as you'd need more ap to properly damage someone, etc.

* Premium, now Premium is a great way to make money and pay off the server bills with. Especially when the server is kept at a low exp rate enforcing you to grind your ass off to get to the 60s even, the extra 20-30% exp you get, the discount on repairing the coin bonus on npc'ing stuff, the reduced exp loss on death, etc., etc., etc. Just don't exaggerate on it, keep it small don't go higher than a 40% bonus otherwise you'll have yet again people bitching about overpowered donators because they can level way too fast.

* Restat ıtam thingy, whatever it was called. If you keep the economy low on the server, those might actually be quite handy and useful later on.

* Sell the HP/AC/Swift/AP scrolls at a HIGH price on NPCs (example, 20mill each pack). That'll give some worth to the scrolls and you might as well just be able to sell them for KC. As well as players can donate and merchant said items for their own profit.

* Respawn scrolls, yes please.

* EXP Scrolls, meh.. might as well.

Will be adding more later, fairly busy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrich View Post
    ok guys firstly i didnt read all 11 pages of results so bear with me if this shit already been posted...

i think that to keep people interested in a private server for any length of time u need to have a lot of things to do... i really like the new style 1310 servers and i have seen progress by some developers with alot of new events working and custom additions...

i was recently playing a server ultimateko which didnt last so long due to shitty admin fighting... but the thing that made it fun server was it had working ED. krowaz land was working. bf working. ultima and felankor cave working... ft working...

basically u need options for the players in dead times... u can boss hunt u can farm or u can goto a event etc.

i think u need to have like orginal drop rate on bosses with long respawns like usko or its no fun cuz u are finding bosses in no time and if u will have only +1 items everyone will make this in no time...

exp should be easy enough that people wont rage quit on first day but hard enough that there is not a ton of 83 characters... figure u can make 70 in not too much time and be able to farm basic items ... shells . high class weapon etc.

80 should be like 1-3 weeks worth of work with 83 being significantly harder to make then 80 like double the time so that casual gamers will stop at 80 and maybe just pk but hardcore people and hard core clans can xp to 83 and farm new zones...

i think u should really think about how u will implement donator items or premiums etc cuz this imo is the thing that makes me wanna stay or quit a server i think its so silly if u have alot of money u can get any item or shit...

i personally wouldnt mind seeing like a 10$ or monthly premium which allows higher xp / upgrade / drop rate... this is a fair price anyone can afford it u get some kc for scrolls or trinas etc... i think 1500/300 ac speed pot should be farmable... pus scroll should be 2k + ac etc.

i HATE servers where they sell donator unique and cs and shit like that its taking all the fun out of server cuz any noobs can donate and make cs party in cz and gay up everyones pk... also i think that if u made this server u really need to think about admins n shit like this cuz i dont wanna play somewhere where all ko4life buttbuddies and ass clowns all have popularity contest and gm friends gifting all oldskool friends items , if u will make this server make it fair and all man playing legit.

take ur time developing a server and dont put up a shit or eveyone will fuk it and u waste ur own time and money ... this is not a small project a lot of work money and resources are needed to run a good private ko.

couldn't agree more but pls dont make lvl 70 CAP i find it really boreing. make its easy to lvl to lvl 70..after that bit harder

I think there needs to be a server where "NOAH" is worth something... So you can buy items with GBs and Buy scrolls from people that have bought them from PUS. I have not played a Private Server where NOAH is worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0keS View Post
    I think there needs to be a server where "NOAH" is worth something... So you can buy items with GBs and Buy scrolls from people that have bought them from PUS. I have not played a Private Server where NOAH is worth something.
    100% agreed. I love playing the market and i havent seen one PS yet where you can actually buy something cheap and sell it for profit. Keep coins to a minimum so uniques can be bought on merchant and not traded for like 2.1b + items cos thats just rediculous.

wawh

All great ideas
    And I like Schrottis idea the most of all...

But shouldn't you guys get some project going on already about now.. Just to get the feeling of handling a server, exploring the database, knowing what you need, how much time it consumes... Not a real server just to test your skills and simply knowing what it takes to succesfully create a community

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I always find it blatently funny how people compare these days with nowadays.

Backdays 50% of the people didnt know how to combo, how to target a person, how to use def armors etc etc. Let me tell you something, in a 70 capped server, BPs are useless. I've played one myself on LSKO. Its cool to solo xp and its cool in the early stages of the server (when most are 60-65), but once people are getting 70, BPs fun are over.

I still stand for a 72 capped server. That way priest wont get their lame AOE skills and mages/priest will get a skill thats cool. Imo at 72, classes are greatly balanced.
    You kidding me ?? priest will be the most overpowered class in server if that would happen. Bps allredy got malice, heals, parasite and various of other skills they could easly pwn anyone in vs if played right. The only problem they would have is runners and rogues with alot of cures.

To everyone: Soenne is 100% right, back in the old days nobody knew how to combo, hence all the ownage videos of noobs who were the first to combo owning everyone. Its not like that today.

To all you who think bp's will own, go take a look @ Perseus ko- BP's suck.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

I've seen this idea in various other games, but don't know if it's possible in the framework for KO. When someone makes a +8 (or higher) item on the anvil, there is a notice goes out server-wide. (or same-race only)
    e.g.
    ### Notice: Player "Felix" has upgraded item Shard to +8 ###

That way if someone is using hacks/dupes to make a ton of high-grade stuff, then everyone will see

If you add NCS, then I'd like to see some record of previous name(s) that can be looked up.

Defence armours as possible boss drops - not quite as exciting as a unique, but in some cases just as valuable!

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    You kidding me ?? priest will be the most overpowered class in server if that would happen. Bps allredy got malice, heals, parasite and various of other skills they could easly pwn anyone in vs if played right. The only problem they would have is runners and rogues with alot of cures.
    at 72 my best guess that the BP will be paper... enough said?

i like paper :3