Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by DonGerry yeah, and in about 1 month you got so much +8 items, cuz they glowy...and everyone ...
Page: 21

Quote Originally Posted by DonGerry View Post
    yeah, and in about 1 month you got so much +8 items, cuz they glowy...and everyone want them, if you put them +1 reb, then you think twice if you upgrade it,cuz it glowes also ^^ so get the "high level items" as long as you can out of the game. Or the flames start, "Gm made it", "you bought it", "duped"...
    only turks get boners from glows. for normal people it shows how good their weapon is.

DonGerry

ofc i did play ko "back in the day" Started Ko when diez came out ^^ played there almost 1 year, then stoped and fixed my rl, later then i came back, and went with Grobs etc to Logos... ^^ where i did meet alot more germans, like schrotti or FriduliN (thought that time i'm the only one xD)...if you just look at the profile and check the join date, its cuz my old acc got an e-mail which i lost ^^ so other wise there would stay, "join in 2006"...

Great idea Felix, when would this server be coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    Great idea Felix, when would this server be coming out?
    hopefully soon

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Maybe the end of January start of Febuary is possible. I know it's just a case now of getting the right server and allowing the other 2 managers to work for about a week or so getting it all done. Then give out jobs to the people who has offered their help.

It comes down to money at the end of the day. So we'll see. I got to go into hospital this week so if all goes well I am going to be able to do things, but I got to finish off a assignment for the end of January. We'll see. But orginally I had planned for a March/April launch but the guys who are going to do the important stuff have said it will be alot quicker.

You'll see me running around a lot on my "special" Felix or Le Haine chars offering help and getting feedback. Once up we will just need to make the KO4life All stars clan and get the chars in and do a few other things. I last played KO at a compeatitive level in Febuary 08 so I will have been out of pratice for over 2 years and I know some of the others will need time to get up to speed with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Maybe the end of January start of Febuary is possible. I know it's just a case now of getting the right server and allowing the other 2 managers to work for about a week or so getting it all done. Then give out jobs to the people who has offered their help.

It comes down to money at the end of the day. So we'll see. I got to go into hospital this week so if all goes well I am going to be able to do things, but I got to finish off a assignment for the end of January. We'll see. But orginally I had planned for a March/April launch but the guys who are going to do the important stuff have said it will be alot quicker.

You'll see me running around a lot on my "special" Felix or Le Haine chars offering help and getting feedback. Once up we will just need to make the KO4life All stars clan and get the chars in and do a few other things. I last played KO at a compeatitive level in Febuary 08 so I will have been out of pratice for over 2 years and I know some of the others will need time to get up to speed with the game.
    How do you plan on getting the startup money?

LeBeau

So wait what youre saying is that this ko4life private server thing is just an excuse for "oldies" to have a special server with pumped up overgeared chars to pk on and kill hard working people who actually have to xp and farm? correct me if im wrong but this is all i understand from that so called all star clan youre talking about..

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeBeau View Post
    So wait what youre saying is that this ko4life private server thing is just an excuse for "oldies" to have a special server with pumped up overgeared chars to pk on and kill hard working people who actually have to xp and farm? correct me if im wrong but this is all i understand from that so called all star clan youre talking about..
    I don't think you understood it right, it's fair for all... but there will be characters that some oldies will play once in a while for events such as kill XXX, which will be overgeared ofc as it's like the USKO "Kill GM event".

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeBeau View Post
    They will be champion style chars. You kill them in CZ you will be getting like a billion coins and 1000's of np per kill.

With reards to the money side , it's not a big problem really, just got to be sensable about how much we put into the project ect.

a compromise between the "easy xp cus less time to spend" and the "Usko like Xp-Rates for a long lasting server" could be to make the generally cap of the server 70 (or whatever cap is decided) but keep a temporary cap to slow down the ppl that rush for the max lvl.
    For example make the cap for the beginnging to 62 that way the ppl that do not have the time to rush for 62 in no time still have a chance to compete with the "no lifers" but those " no lifers" still got advantages from the more time they spent. At a time where the middel LVL of the server population comes near to the temporary cap you raise it to lets say lvl 65 and as soon as the middel LVL of the server population comes near 65 you raise it again.

The result is that people acutally pk on lower lvl and do not just exp all day until they get the max lvl.

As addition u could even think about raising the exp on lower lvls at later states of the server so that new ppl have a easier start.

Another concept to counter the missing "end-game" of KO, is to make the server have some kind of seasons.
    Make it like 6months ( or any other time) and after that date (should be fix at the start of the season) the server get wiped and the next season starts. The Rankings of last Day could be saved as Highscore.

speedkill

^^just look at what's wrong with usko, and rather than copy it, change it. Make overpowered uniques like ib and in rare for example (rarer than usko) while making the basic stuff wich makes you able to pk easily available. Make the gap between high and low lvl players smaller simply by increasing the drops of low and medium items compared to usko, but decreasing the amount of drops of high and ultra high items compared to usko. long play will have an advantage, but new players will get into the pk much faster. You basically please both casual and hardcore players.
    same goes for xp. 50-80% usko untill 60, usko 60+ and perhaps harder than usko lvl 65+

nobody wants to work hard for a char that gets wiped in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by daonly View Post
    a compromise between the "easy xp cus less time to spend" and the "Usko like Xp-Rates for a long lasting server" could be to make the generally cap of the server 70 (or whatever cap is decided) but keep a temporary cap to slow down the ppl that rush for the max lvl.
    For example make the cap for the beginnging to 62 that way the ppl that do not have the time to rush for 62 in no time still have a chance to compete with the "no lifers" but those " no lifers" still got advantages from the more time they spent. At a time where the middel LVL of the server population comes near to the temporary cap you raise it to lets say lvl 65 and as soon as the middel LVL of the server population comes near 65 you raise it again.

The result is that people acutally pk on lower lvl and do not just exp all day until they get the max lvl.

As addition u could even think about raising the exp on lower lvls at later states of the server so that new ppl have a easier start.

Another concept to counter the missing "end-game" of KO, is to make the server have some kind of seasons.
    Make it like 6months ( or any other time) and after that date (should be fix at the start of the season) the server get wiped and the next season starts. The Rankings of last Day could be saved as Highscore.
    absolutely great ideas IMO
    cant find anything better to suggest !!

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daonly View Post

yea, cus nothing is like spendning hours farming and pking to know that the server will be wiped.
    I like some of the ideas..but the cap idea is just wrong. If u cant invest enough time to play a farmserver, u shouldnt be in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    yea, cus nothing is like spendning hours farming and pking to know that the server will be wiped.
    I like some of the ideas..but the cap idea is just wrong. If u cant invest enough time to play a farmserver, u shouldnt be in one.
    IMO it would be more fun to pk at all levels, and to alternate pk with exp, and not to exp 1 week like badass and then just pk...
    the pk won't be the same all the time, like if everyone finished farming, it will change once in a while, making it more interesting, like when u lvl in usko to get new skills etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    i just wonder which of the ideas u actually liked since u decline both of my ideas^^

and what is the problem when ppl who can not/do not want to spend couples of hours daily playing want to play on a farm server ? I mean ofc do they fall behind the ones playing countless hours a day but my idea will just keep gap between both smaller, so that both can play together/against each other which will result in a larger number of player interacting with eachother (for example more ppl to kill at cz, more ppl to trade with,...)