Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by speedkill ^^just look at what's wrong with usko, and rather than copy it, change it. Make overpowered ...
Page: 22

Quote Originally Posted by speedkill View Post
    ^^just look at what's wrong with usko, and rather than copy it, change it. Make overpowered uniques like ib and in rare for example (rarer than usko) while making the basic stuff wich makes you able to pk easily available. Make the gap between high and low lvl players smaller simply by increasing the drops of low and medium items compared to usko, but decreasing the amount of drops of high and ultra high items compared to usko. long play will have an advantage, but new players will get into the pk much faster. You basically please both casual and hardcore players.
    same goes for xp. 50-80% usko untill 60, usko 60+ and perhaps harder than usko lvl 65+

nobody wants to work hard for a char that gets wiped in a few months
    IN and IB are overpriced and overrated uniques, not overpowered. Especially with old weapon defense armors in game. Also I don't get why you would try to please casual peopel who don't have much time to play. If you want to play just an hour or 2 a day, go play a pk server. Then you don't have to worry about leveling or gear. Also, I don't know about current USKO droprates, but back in KE they were sufficiently low.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The one thing people are forgetting is the main people involed with this come from some of the most well known clans of old and we know KO and KE inside out. We have a gerneral idea of what people want and we are now coding the database to suit. We have been looking at server packages and contracts betweem ourselves and the hosting company. Also we are working out best location for the server to be. Most likely it's going to be euro based but we are testing from various countries the hops and the typical ping you will be experinecing.

People are messanging me over 300 times a day on my msn now about this server. I am not going to rush any element of the project, we are going to keep a very high standard of work through out this.

Things to expect

Anvil equal to USKO in 05/06 KE
    Chitin Shell Boots will have a higher drop rate
    Boss spawns will be 2 hours reset rather than 6-8
    DLW will be a lvl 50 cap
    CZ is the KE map
    lvl 70 cap
    Breath and Piana home maps
    PUS + Donation system ( any money left after server costs are covered will be donated to charity , noone profits from the server )
    Extra bosses to spawn in the bowle on a slower timer

This is what I covered with one of the other managers last night and he then spent over 9 hours programming the database ect for accomadate.

Also a list of special events has been written up which will be made public near launch time.

We will be doing a large amount of BETA testing as it is in the nature of all the managers being in IT to test , test , test. I will run a compatition for people to have a chance to be the first on the test realm.

Remember if you see my name in CZ I am there to be killed , you will recieave a very very high reward for downing me but be warned that I will fight back.

Special bosses will be made with ko4life members names. So for example you might see a 411 boss , kill it and the rewards could be very very intresting indeed. These bosses will have secrect respawn locations and reset timers.

Other than that it's just security we are working on as we know I will be a high target as normal and we just need to keep some idenities private.

I'm going into hospital in a few hours for special treatment for my back which is going to put me out of action for a while so the g4l staff will be looking after things and I will possibly ask the 2 other managers to make themselves known so they can look after things while I am reseting up and playing some WOW.

Oh final thought , I have decided that Turks should be allowed to play but any turkish ip's that have recieaved banns on here before will remained banned. Also any attack or behaviour that start the forum ip bann will result in the same happening to all Turkish players. You are being given a chance to prove your selfs to the staff on here. If things go well we may look into lifting the bann on here. So Turkish players have alot to gain from this.

Also if people try copying famous clan names or player names with no connection to them I will make sure the staff of the server will disband clans or force a name change. So if you see a Blood / Apopolyps / OutKasteD / HateD then it will be real players from these clans. Respect goes to old and new clans and anyone disrespecting clans will be delt with by me personally. Also any complaints about fake people or clans pls go directly to me for it. You can tell I am fucking sick of my name and clan being ripped off

Now time for me to try and sleep and see you all when I am able to type after the surgary.

Regards Felix!

Well said!

Goodluck with this server Felix and Ko4Life staff and too bad
    I wouldn't be here to witness it. It looks promising

Hello to all of you oldbies who remember me from Diez!

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

wooohooo i cant wait <3
    very good work here, already trying to sell my USKO stuff.
    i would help but i know "nada" bout programming =)))))))))
    wish ya all the best and goodluck in gettin that shit done

much love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Well said!

U look alot better in paper gear Along with fyro, and i think i remember seeing gyro with u also. Atleast he was in clan list.

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Well said!

Where r u going? xD

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    Where r u going? xD

Eurotrip! Remember the jew in Eurotrip?

Oh yeah... that's right. Fuck you pyro.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

take care Felix and get well soon

I like the bit about no one stealing names or clans, I hate when I login to private servers and see famous usko clans, try to talk to them and they are all turkish. -.-

Take care anyway.

Banned Member

Can I take Insanity , Eternity , Utopian_Knights , DOWN or Tormentors?
    I've been in all of those.
    It's kinda pointless to let someone who has once been in those great clans to take their names.
    Only the leader/assistants of these clans in old times should have the right.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Im so gona enjoy pking u xD

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Yea just the leaders/assist or the Core of the clan should be able to take the names.

Banned Member

And also not people who shared the account of the leader/assistant for a month or two and think they're l33t.

Cool

This gonna be an oldschool server!!

Can some1 from the project tell me how the exp will be?
    I hope not tooooo easy..

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    This gonna be an oldschool server!!

Can some1 from the project tell me how the exp will be?
    I hope not tooooo easy..
    Normal rate