Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 365

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; yeah i gotta agree people say exp is boring, but its a great way to meet people chat with them ...
Page: 10


  1. #136
    Senior Member SkReEcH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nyc
    Posts
    86

    Default

    yeah i gotta agree people say exp is boring, but its a great way to meet people chat with them etc, that why most private servers a boring,
    its basically log in exp atleast 3 days for max lvl, get gear in atleast 1-2 days and pk. almost nothing happens during that time.

    i think xp should be close to ko exp rate but a bit higher.
    The harder the exp the more lively private servers are like sir said, after hitting cap all you got is running through bowl in circles till you get bored and log out.

    Exp quests will be created to help with all the lvling.

  2. #137
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkReEcH View Post
    yeah i gotta agree people say exp is boring, but its a great way to meet people chat with them etc, that why most private servers a boring,
    its basically log in exp atleast 3 days for max lvl, get gear in atleast 1-2 days and pk. almost nothing happens during that time.

    i think xp should be close to ko exp rate but a bit higher.
    The harder the exp the more lively private servers are like sir said, after hitting cap all you got is running through bowl in circles till you get bored and log out.

    Exp quests will be created to help with all the lvling.
    I don't really get it. You say xping is part of the experience, but you say you want more quests? Assuming the quests are at all creative, in any way whatsoever, it will be completely different than typical KO xping. You also try to make xping sound like a huge part (50%) of the game by completely disregarding any type of gearing that people would do, which is really a huge part of the game at the max level.

    I don't think I can disagree more about xp being an important part of the experience. If it feels cheap, then yeah it is less fun, but 2 weeks of "normal" play should be plenty of time to hit the cap. Until Kronos (lol platinum and tons of koxp parties) my characters were relatively low levels, I never had a 70. Why? Because it took forever to find a party, and once I did it was so unimaginably boring that I actually felt like i was going to fall asleep. Another thing that helped me at Kronos was the tip of watching a movie while you zr skill (ty shurt). Maybe its just my experience, but after about an hour of xping, people get bored and will take any excuse to afk and milk it as long as possible. It just feels like something you have to do in order to actually play the game.

  3. #138
    Senior Member SkReEcH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nyc
    Posts
    86

    Default

    well from what ive seen, most private servers die when theirs nothing to do you get tired of pking, lvling took less then a week for lvl cap. i find the harder the lvl the funner it is. thats what i believe . i cant change your mind if you like faster lvling.

  4. #139
    raulin
    Guest

    Default

    bumpie for your good idea =D!!!

  5. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkReEcH View Post
    well from what ive seen, most private servers die when theirs nothing to do you get tired of pking, lvling took less then a week for lvl cap. i find the harder the lvl the funner it is. thats what i believe . i cant change your mind if you like faster lvling.
    It has been proven otherwise by another private server before. Talking about Lost Soulz, it was mostly a pk server with farming of course, and people played it until the admins went corrupt into the 3rd month. The point is people won't quit just because they have to level for months... they won't quit simply do the fact that there is farming, and if you are dedicated enough to spend a bit more time camping bosses you would have better gear then some, thus having more fun in pk. It's a whole interconnecting brainstorming process with negatives and positives, so it's whatever people choose to look at,... but in my opinion just like before, people shouldn't spend more then one month's worth of xping to reach the maximum level cap on the private server.

  6. #141
    BANNED FOR SCAMMING!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Unbeatable makes some really good points. And I think this server is going to be really good. I read that we have like 50k members on ko4life, correct me if i'm wrong. But if you think about it, alot of those people are getting sick an tired of USKO and are probably looking for a private server and if they had to choose, they would probably choose this one. I also completely agree with the 70 max lvl. That's the way to balance it out best. Sins can 3-4 hit any warrior with AC + CP which, in my opinion, is kind of stupid.

    Basically, I think this server will be very successful.

  7. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    as i will probably try something like this and it sounds like i would have lots of fun without having some noob rogue come and hit me from across the map by imaginary arrows and killing me anyways. i would not mind a lvl 70 cap but for me, who likes playing mage, will their be any flame rings shios or imir rings for the mages because i like to vs with a mage and without those rings it makes it impossible to do any damage on a warrior or any character at that. i didnt play ke so i would not know how mages did then but i do play rlb and with out the flame rings im using i dont see how any mage would be effective at hitting anyone with a decent amount of damage.

  8. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightSage View Post
    as i will probably try something like this and it sounds like i would have lots of fun without having some noob rogue come and hit me from across the map by imaginary arrows and killing me anyways. i would not mind a lvl 70 cap but for me, who likes playing mage, will their be any flame rings shios or imir rings for the mages because i like to vs with a mage and without those rings it makes it impossible to do any damage on a warrior or any character at that. i didnt play ke so i would not know how mages did then but i do play rlb and with out the flame rings im using i dont see how any mage would be effective at hitting anyone with a decent amount of damage.
    In the KE times, meaning approximately 3 years ago and on, people really didn't consider "vsing", or more specifically didn't know for it. The game was played like it was suppose to, meaning have parties in CZ pking against each other and clan members working together towards the better days. If the level 70 cap is implemented, the only classes that will be able to solo would be rouges and BPs,... and I mean by going into bowl and not just camping to ks off a tower kill. I played mage for I'd consider almost 6 years ever since BETA times, and I found it pretty much impossible to do anything solo except for ice and ks some kills,... simply because a mages' job is to be within a party, and to do it's part such as tping members, doing dots, throwing novas, icing people, etc... Even though, I have seen a very few mages, that were able to vs towards the end of the KE times. Once again they didn't consider these vses, but simply encounters in CZ of a player vs player. Only way to honestly win a vs was to be a paper mage, and be quite geared out. Simple doting(impact->ignitions) till the person reaches you, then thorns, manes, manes, manes, thorns and so on. Thorns being the biggest part of your survivability as it regenerated your HP.

    Take in my that we will not be able to satisfy all the communities wishes, but that is why we are here to listen to your ideas and take the major ones that you guys come up with and implement it in the game. Overall, KE wasn't the time where vsing was at all popular like it is now in USKO, simply because then people played for fun and to be with friends, and not having to compete like they do now on USKO. Thus why, in KE only fair vsing if you ever considered to do so was vsing your own class.

  9. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MEL-BOUR-NE Reppin the MCG lawl.
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Well yeah, I was talking about the spacebar. Basically it was the most complex jump that K2 could come up with. But then again in the game there isn't many obsticles that in your way that require you do jump, it was simply for the fact that players can say "oh we got jump", or just to spam it and run creating that koxping-archer look-alike movement for the fun of it.



    Last time I played SexyKO was quite some time ago, and from what I remember fire/ice/lighting armors were casted as damage skills against other players and not casted on themselves. So I'm not sure if that ever changed, but even so, I still stick to the level 70 cap for the previous reasons stated.

    PS. Yes I will be making theReapers again,... it's too bad I pretty much deleted all the contacts off msn from every KO player when I quit 6 months ago, so it will be hard to call back the old members, but I believe that world will get out in no time and we will have some back. But you can't expect every member to be the same like back then, it's always new ones coming, but you can expect us to be #1 again as usual , might be my ego talking, but never have I led a clan that's not #1 .
    hahah solid, i've still got most of em, and the forum is still there (im pretty sure) lol

  10. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benson05 View Post
    hahah solid, i've still got most of em, and the forum is still there (im pretty sure) lol
    Ah lol I don't even remember the site of my clan forums anymore, no matter, a new one will be made by that time. Until then though, I'm helping out with the server to make it better for myself, thinking behalf of what my old clannies would want and the rest of the community.

  11. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    In the KE times, meaning approximately 3 years ago and on, people really didn't consider "vsing", or more specifically didn't know for it. The game was played like it was suppose to, meaning have parties in CZ pking against each other and clan members working together towards the better days. If the level 70 cap is implemented, the only classes that will be able to solo would be rouges and BPs,... and I mean by going into bowl and not just camping to ks off a tower kill. I played mage for I'd consider almost 6 years ever since BETA times, and I found it pretty much impossible to do anything solo except for ice and ks some kills,... simply because a mages' job is to be within a party, and to do it's part such as tping members, doing dots, throwing novas, icing people, etc... Even though, I have seen a very few mages, that were able to vs towards the end of the KE times. Once again they didn't consider these vses, but simply encounters in CZ of a player vs player. Only way to honestly win a vs was to be a paper mage, and be quite geared out. Simple doting(impact->ignitions) till the person reaches you, then thorns, manes, manes, manes, thorns and so on. Thorns being the biggest part of your survivability as it regenerated your HP.

    Take in my that we will not be able to satisfy all the communities wishes, but that is why we are here to listen to your ideas and take the major ones that you guys come up with and implement it in the game. Overall, KE wasn't the time where vsing was at all popular like it is now in USKO, simply because then people played for fun and to be with friends, and not having to compete like they do now on USKO. Thus why, in KE only fair vsing if you ever considered to do so was vsing your own class.
    i understand what a mages job is but i like the part that your at a disadvantage and still being able to kill some warriors at what they were meant at in a 1v1. which is why i like mages i would like to solo with a mage because sometimes you just dont feel like being in a party. i would like for those rings to be implemented just so that the mages dont feel like at such a disadvantage with low def low hp and low attacking power with most of their skills are easily cancelled by a good combo by another class. i can play rogue too but i like that the mage has low def and low hp and winning vs is funny because you are beating someone with better def and hp than yourself. maybe you guys can do something.

  12. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MEL-BOUR-NE Reppin the MCG lawl.
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    People have to start understanding that CTRL minor is of no way exploitation of the minor healing. I am a mage so I couldn't care less whether or not there is CTRL minor, but I know for a fact that CTRL minor takes alot of skills to control, and most people can't accomplish the consistency of the soul pots with the minoring, thus making them drop even faster then using HP pots.



    It has always been like that, even in the original servers during KE. There has been a problem where when you get Nova'd or Duffed that your hp bar on the side will completely fullfil the bar with one color or just flash, completely not knowing what's happening with the person's hp,... but it was fixed, thus just leaving it down to "the ping" of the hp bars. In that, meaning that lets say I do a damage skill on you, it will show 2-3 seconds afterwords on the hp bar of your party list. This simply requires the healers and the mages to be really skillful at their classes. This is why some of us old school players would say the KE pk was based on our "instincts". I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but for me, it was simply miracoulous coming from MYKO (KE version) to USKO (ROFD version) and having the hp bars that they have now, since it was the simplest thing to tp a person in USKO due to no latency in the hp bar, thus why I always would save people at like 100 hp or so... just because it was so simply.

    As I said this goes towards your skills as well, people in USKO relied too much on the hp bar and the TABing, but back in KE, you had your instincts and well of course a big part of it was careful observation in pk by clicking on the person you want to tp or heal and seeing whether it's needed or not. The most important way of seeing whether a person needs tp or not is by red balling.
    Nik, the thing about HP bars being lagged or bugged when nova'd and slowed has been fixed, its simply just changing the UI to a RoFD UI rather then the old KE UI, so that could also be implemented with this server, that being said - im pretty sure (someone might have stated this already) but someone has released a fix for the party bars for KE so it doesnt lag or bug, just the matter of finding it.

  13. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightSage View Post
    i understand what a mages job is but i like the part that your at a disadvantage and still being able to kill some warriors at what they were meant at in a 1v1. which is why i like mages i would like to solo with a mage because sometimes you just dont feel like being in a party. i would like for those rings to be implemented just so that the mages dont feel like at such a disadvantage with low def low hp and low attacking power with most of their skills are easily cancelled by a good combo by another class. i can play rogue too but i like that the mage has low def and low hp and winning vs is funny because you are beating someone with better def and hp than yourself. maybe you guys can do something.
    The way the game was developed from the start was that mages would simply not be able to compare anywhere close to a warrior when 1v1ing. In KE, for a better then average warrior to even the best mage, is simply not possible. Vsing only became a popular part of KO in the ROFD version, where mages could actually compare to other classes when it came down to vsing. Don't want to sound cocky, but from the hundreds of vses that I've had against others, I've won more then 95% of them as a mage, even if the person out-leveled and out geared, simply because I have played mage probably the longest out of anyone and am skillful at it and also because in the ROFD version they made it so mages could compare to other classes when it came to 1v1ing.
    Not once have I felt a disadvantage as a KE mage. Knowing that going damage built is only for those extremly geared out mages who could recover their hp/ac loss with their uniques and armors,... I simply had to settle down with the idea after some time that it's mostly support that's what's needed. This made me feel at the top, because I was extremely good at what I had to do when it came down to supporting or just mage overall, no doubt about it, thus why I never felt any disadvantage as a mage, and as a matter of fact, on the contrary, I felt it like an advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by benson05 View Post
    Nik, the thing about HP bars being lagged or bugged when nova'd and slowed has been fixed, its simply just changing the UI to a RoFD UI rather then the old KE UI, so that could also be implemented with this server, that being said - im pretty sure (someone might have stated this already) but someone has released a fix for the party bars for KE so it doesnt lag or bug, just the matter of finding it.
    Yes Bray, I've already mentioned that the flashing hp bars was fixed quite some time ago with the change of the ROFD UI's... but as for the lag on the hp bars, I really doubt anyone came up with the solution to that. If anyone reading this, has played on a private server where they don't see lag on the hp bars, meaning that it's synchronized, then please tells us so, and which server this comes from, as I would love to look into it.

  14. #149
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Flashing hp bars really makes it a shitload harder for mages/priests since its much harder to be a good mage/priest in privates then in the real game.

  15. #150
    KalaBunga Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    think you they schould pepare for the spike of players thats goone hit the 1st few weeks.

    when lostsoulz started 1st hours of relase it was from 0 to 32 players max online for 1st 10-15 days but wihtin 2 weeks a spike of players came. 3rd week higest i swa was up to 900+- players online in the whose online thing. like posted above server died because of corruptoin , indeed it was corrupt , xping with a gm spawning mobs giving you 1,2 mil exp.

    people send alot ofm oney there on something that was not even a beta remeber a pm of some one wanted to buy my char for 120$ schould have sold it then XD,

    so perpare for a zerk of people.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •