Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Chuck Norris ### Notice: Player "Felix" has upgraded item Shard to +8 ### That way if someone ...
Page: 17

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    ### Notice: Player "Felix" has upgraded item Shard to +8 ###

That way if someone is using hacks/dupes to make a ton of high-grade stuff, then everyone will see
    Duping has been long fixed long ago on the current clients

So does hacking tbh... It doesn't require that much knowledge about programming to stop 80-90% of cheats out there...
    Besides most of abusing bugs about the current files have been fixed by TwoStars already

So only hacks possible are speedhacking, possibly packet editting and tbl edit and ofcourse human mistakes..
    2 of them require some knowledge but I'm sure someone is able to put up a basic anti cheat system.. last one is just not being an idiot and speedhacking sadly is veryyyyy hard to fix but it's harmless anyway

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Guy please acept my apologies for the recent issues. Obviously I did not want to continue with any part of the project with out having the open disgussion on here.

Over this week end I will be trying to help restore the board with Devile as I am the only Euro based Admin and I have been asked by Devile to do a number of tasks and been given freedom to get new staff on board too.

I wanted to start working on a project's team. Basically we will be a group of 5 or 6 people who will be managing the whole project. Ultimatley Devile is the figure head of the project and then it is my responsability to keep things going. I want people to be able to work with me as a management team working on different areas. Some people may not be GM's or Programmers but what is needed are people who can get ifnormation , do research on ideas and generally support the whole thing.

As we all know I want money to be helping charity out. Now from various chats I had having someone we can trust with this is key. USD/Euro's will be a part of the set up to help cover costs and the charity donations. I want us to be a none profit server and very open.

Keep up with the great feedback and don't be scared to open new threads in here about ideas. I am contactable all day on my Felix msn and via the forum. I will be able to put a lot of time in this week end for everyone so make use of it

Good to be back and hopefuly I can start getting some serious info back by Monday on our setup

Can i ask ALL ko4life ko project members to send me a pm with their facebook details as we have just made a facebook group to help keep people updated with the current discussions. The facebook group will be accessable by anyone, however only admins can post on the wall and add photos / videos for the time being. Anyone in the ko4life project team please add myself on facebook and join the group, thank-you.

Group: Login | Facebook

Me: Login | Facebook

Regards TabbyCat

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    *not am evul megastructure quoter*
    Tho there are few good points, specially regarding the PUS and shit. However, making it major farm server is just an easy and cheap way out. Ur right, server should be configured to make ppl play it for a long time. But the massive lvling takes away alot of fun and even more ppl. There are other ways to make ppl spend more time here other than lvling. Tho lvling ofc should take a fair time, it shouldnt be crippling. There are many alternative ways to make lvling challenging rather than major turnoff.

Same thing is with later-than-KE items and skills. If we would actually spend some time analyzing and thinking, it wouldnt be hard to come up with greatly balanced environment that offers tons of fun to anyone.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Tho there are few good points, specially regarding the PUS and shit. However, making it major farm server is just an easy and cheap way out. Ur right, server should be configured to make ppl play it for a long time. But the massive lvling takes away alot of fun and even more ppl. There are other ways to make ppl spend more time here other than lvling. Tho lvling ofc should take a fair time, it shouldnt be crippling. There are many alternative ways to make lvling challenging rather than major turnoff.

Same thing is with later-than-KE items and skills. If we would actually spend some time analyzing and thinking, it wouldnt be hard to come up with greatly balanced environment that offers tons of fun to anyone.
    Anything added post KE to this game is beyond retardation, it's utterly useless and imbalances the game way too much. Not to mention all the bugs associated to it.

You've got a point, but you see, where at you aim for a balanced mix between pk and farm, the smarter move would be going full-farm. You're not exactly limited to exp only, it's the quite opposite actually. You are one of the very few left on here that had played this game ever since the first KO, maybe even the beta, did you spend your entire time grinding exp? I highly doubt so, hell we were pking at lvl 40 already.. spending 2-3 hours a day exping and eventually getting the 61 within 3 weeks. You're always free to choose weather you want to grind, farm or just go for the PK as with the high exp requirement needed the overall level is kept rather low and always balanced. My point being, you don't need 70 to pk.. Any other private server that'd launch it would be a race to who gets 70 first and go straight to pk. This... this would be different, you'd have the few that stick to grinding their asses off to get 65'ish maybe higher, then you have a few that'll rush for 60 to be the first in eslant... on the other hand you'll have the relaxed guys just in their 50's and already owning up cz.

The problem with a pk server is that, once 70 there's nothing else to do other than farm for items, which if we're honest doesn't take long at all. If you keep it as it's suppose to you can always decide, weather if you want to farm, or be like "hey lets get this one more level to becomming closer to 70" or just go for the plain PK... Once you're 60 you can pretty much do whatever the fuck you want, you're not obligated to get 70, or even 65... you won't even need to get to 62 for that matter. Which quite obviously is a great oportunity for new guys joining the server, no need to grind their asses off... get 60 stick around for a bit, start pking see you can actually compete with the "higher levels" and you'll stick to the game... That's exactly how it went down in usko, cnko, krko, myko and japko.. why should we do it different?

After all, we can always have events, say a "Peekay of the month" event like thingy where at we'd put up a 2nd server, seperated db and give everyone a level 70 char with a +1 unique set and +8 weapons/armors (interserver war/beta/word championship thing like). For a weekend or two every month.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Can i ask ALL ko4life ko project members to send me a pm with their facebook details as we have just made a facebook group to help keep people updated with the current discussions. The facebook group will be accessable by anyone, however only admins can post on the wall and add photos / videos for the time being. Anyone in the ko4life project team please add myself on facebook and join the group, thank-you.

Group: Login | Facebook

Me: Login | Facebook

Regards TabbyCat
    Nikola Duz Stankovic on facebook, within the group

@schrotti

I liked all your ideas to be honest, except one. The pot discussion should be brought up as well, as it is true, people are tired of having to repot daily, and it wouldn't affect the economy much if it were bought for KC in PUS. In that case, it will be probably the most advantageous PUS item, but nothing that great of a significance.
    As for the xp, remember we aren't kids anymore,... we simply can't spend so many hours like we did back then, at least I would assume so as most of the KO population is in their early adult hood, whether they are going to university or working. I remember the KE times, it took me about 6 months to get from 61 to 62, personally because I did more pk then xp then, and well it was the longest level I've ever had playing KO. So what I'm saying, when I come to think of it,... even though I really enjoyed does 6 months of xp/pk, I honestly wouldn't want to go through that process again just for 1 level. All I'm saying it was good times having to xp and chat with friends, but things changed over the year and you can't fully bring that back. Thus why the XP in my opinion shouldn't be same as retail-version(KE), but double that xp,... and I'm pretty sure that would be satisfying.

Totally agree with schrotti, once you reach 70 theres just not that much to do, and it will turn into a pvp server which you end up leaving after a month cuz it gets boring. You guys dont believe it but the truth is more people like this game because its hard to get stuff, hard to get level, it means something, even if its a ko private server, even more if its a ko4life private server.

Everyone enjoyed KE as it was, didnt you? even if it took ages to become 70, low level pk like 40-60 was the best, dont you agree? easier exp might be a bit boring, but it takes away essential parts of the gameplay, the low level gaming. Do you remember those times where you struggle to get to lvl 30 so that you could go cz to exp/pk at that lvl? that was FUN.

I would also like /town being given a break from pvp zones, like for example if you get hit you can not town for 5 seconds, like when you try to log off and you get hit, you get 8 seconds timer before it lets you. It would really improve PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Nikola Duz Stankovic on facebook,
    As for the xp, remember we aren't kids anymore,... we simply can't spend so many hours like we did back then, at least I would assume so as most of the KO population is in their early adult hood, whether they are going to university or working. I remember the KE times, it took me about 6 months to get from 61 to 62, personally because I did more pk then xp then, and well it was the longest level I've ever had playing KO. So what I'm saying, when I come to think of it,... even though I really enjoyed does 6 months of xp/pk, I honestly wouldn't want to go through that process again just for 1 level. All I'm saying it was good times having to xp and chat with friends, but things changed over the year and you can't fully bring that back. Thus why the XP in my opinion shouldn't be same as retail-version(KE), but double that xp,... and I'm pretty sure that would be satisfying.
    I dont agree with that, nobody forces you to go 70, you can stay at 61 and still have fun, which is ultimately what we all want? Or are you one of the "I got to be 70, if not im nothing..." kind of player? I dont think so. If you dont have the time to exp to 70, fine, stay 62 and do other stuff.

There could also be a pvp for exp system like, you can trade a bunch of nps for exp, lets say 100k nps for 1 level, i dont know, maybe...
    Last edited by orko; 12-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Sorry for double post

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Anything added post KE to this game is beyond retardation, it's utterly useless and imbalances the game way too much. Not to mention all the bugs associated to it.

You've got a point, but you see, where at you aim for a balanced mix between pk and farm, the smarter move would be going full-farm. You're not exactly limited to exp only, it's the quite opposite actually. You are one of the very few left on here that had played this game ever since the first KO, maybe even the beta, did you spend your entire time grinding exp? I highly doubt so, hell we were pking at lvl 40 already.. spending 2-3 hours a day exping and eventually getting the 61 within 3 weeks. You're always free to choose weather you want to grind, farm or just go for the PK as with the high exp requirement needed the overall level is kept rather low and always balanced. My point being, you don't need 70 to pk.. Any other private server that'd launch it would be a race to who gets 70 first and go straight to pk. This... this would be different, you'd have the few that stick to grinding their asses off to get 65'ish maybe higher, then you have a few that'll rush for 60 to be the first in eslant... on the other hand you'll have the relaxed guys just in their 50's and already owning up cz.

The problem with a pk server is that, once 70 there's nothing else to do other than farm for items, which if we're honest doesn't take long at all. If you keep it as it's suppose to you can always decide, weather if you want to farm, or be like "hey lets get this one more level to becomming closer to 70" or just go for the plain PK... Once you're 60 you can pretty much do whatever the fuck you want, you're not obligated to get 70, or even 65... you won't even need to get to 62 for that matter. Which quite obviously is a great oportunity for new guys joining the server, no need to grind their asses off... get 60 stick around for a bit, start pking see you can actually compete with the "higher levels" and you'll stick to the game... That's exactly how it went down in usko, cnko, krko, myko and japko.. why should we do it different?

After all, we can always have events, say a "Peekay of the month" event like thingy where at we'd put up a 2nd server, seperated db and give everyone a level 70 char with a +1 unique set and +8 weapons/armors (interserver war/beta/word championship thing like). For a weekend or two every month.
    Everyone should get rid the current dogmas. Its not farm server vs pk server. And another thing is that, no matter how hard u try, u cant bring back the past. KO-KE period was awsome, thats true. However ppl are over gloryfing it. Game wasent balanced at all then.

I started in adinos during last month of the open beta, i got like lvl 46 or smth. When i got into eslant i was like whooooaaaaa, im the fraking man now. When i got my first +1 chitins to wear, i felt like god. I get raped by thiefclan numerous times, i didnt have any nps for ages. There was 3 guys above 60 at OKS that time and to me they were biggest pr0s evar. But its naive to think i can live through it again, same as it is to get old diez feeling back.

When i say loosen up the exp shit, i dont mean make it easy to lvl. When i say give post KE items, i dont mean everyone are running around glowing. When i say USKO KE client is boring, it doesnt mean we cant fix it and make it as it was in japko (95% of things actually working)

If im forced to use either "type" to label the server, id be using a "farm" server. Meaning it keeps ppl busy, doing stuff. Meaning u wont instantly get everything. Meaning most ppl wont ever get mega-giga items.

Imo all the ko4life team ppl need a place to further discuss things. I got a pile of ideas. Doesnt mean that this discussion should end, nono. Everyone should give his/her piece of mind/iq here

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

What I would like is KO maps KE level and skills items ect with the ROFD interface. Takes the best 3 elements from game and still means the core files are from previous vertions of KO.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Totally agree with schrotti, once you reach 70 theres just not that much to do, and it will turn into a pvp server which you end up leaving after a month cuz it gets boring. You guys dont believe it but the truth is more people like this game because its hard to get stuff, hard to get level, it means something, even if its a ko private server, even more if its a ko4life private server.

Everyone enjoyed KE as it was, didnt you? even if it took ages to become 70, low level pk like 40-60 was the best, dont you agree? easier exp might be a bit boring, but it takes away essential parts of the gameplay, the low level gaming. Do you remember those times where you struggle to get to lvl 30 so that you could go cz to exp/pk at that lvl? that was FUN.

I would also like /town being given a break from pvp zones, like for example if you get hit you can not town for 5 seconds, like when you try to log off and you get hit, you get 8 seconds timer before it lets you. It would really improve PvP.

I dont agree with that, nobody forces you to go 70, you can stay at 61 and still have fun, which is ultimately what we all want? Or are you one of the "I got to be 70, if not im nothing..." kind of player? I dont think so. If you dont have the time to exp to 70, fine, stay 62 and do other stuff.

There could also be a pvp for exp system like, you can trade a bunch of nps for exp, lets say 100k nps for 1 level, i dont know, maybe...
    No but when you think about it, people will start complaining for those that have time to play all day and will lets say get level 70 in 3 months, while those that don't have much time will look and be like "eh im already out-leveled", and planning for a level 70 in a year. With doubling the xp you will of course have those freakish people who get 70 quite quick, but the other players won't lose the moral for leveling as they know it won't be far off ahead to get to 70. What's the difference between the retail-version and 2x the xp? Just takes half the time, and even with that it would take most of the players like a year to get 70. From my perspective it took me 6 months from 61 to 62, so that means it would still take me 3 months, which is quite a long time.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    What I would like is KO maps KE level and skills items ect with the ROFD interface. Takes the best 3 elements from game and still means the core files are from previous vertions of KO.
    the rofd interface is crap :< only thing I ever liked about it was the "repair" sign thingy that tells you when your shit breaks!

Schrotti the problem with your logic is that the mentality is totally different now. Everyone just grinds to the level cap as fast as possible then PKs/boss hunts and shit. you might be able to pk at 60 for a week or 2, but my bet is that cz would be pretty dead during that time except maybe some xp parties, and after that there will be 70s coming in and puttin it in your butt.

The thing EVERYONE needs to realise is that a lot of you want everything to be KE because of the old fun times, its not like that anymore, pretty much everyone knows how to combo and use the town command.

Regards tabbycat

the rofd interface is crap :< only thing I ever liked about it was the "repair" sign thingy that tells you when your shit breaks!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Schrotti the problem with your logic is that the mentality is totally different now. Everyone just grinds to the level cap as fast as possible then PKs/boss hunts and shit. you might be able to pk at 60 for a week or 2, but my bet is that cz would be pretty dead during that time except maybe some xp parties, and after that there will be 70s coming in and puttin it in your butt.
    and +1