Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Id say we should look at this server as a new usko server. Fresh from the start. oh and i ...
Page: 18

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Id say we should look at this server as a new usko server. Fresh from the start.

oh and i dont get why we need facebook.. We got a active forum for this..

DoNotMess

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Schrotti the problem with your logic is that the mentality is totally different now. Everyone just grinds to the level cap as fast as possible then PKs/boss hunts and shit. you might be able to pk at 60 for a week or 2, but my bet is that cz would be pretty dead during that time except maybe some xp parties, and after that there will be 70s coming in and puttin it in your butt.
    This is b/c they've made exp so easy now. Getting up to 70 in old ko was challenging, i dont think that many people even made it that far i know i never did lol. It couldn't be done in 1-2 weeks like it can be done now. As a result people would go pking before 70, even before 60 since that took a while in old ko aswell. Having to grind on skeleton knights until level 40 was alot harder then it seemed. Remember they had no exp quests back then like they do now. If the exp is like old ko. Then theres no way we should have 70s in 2 weeks. Going from 60 to 70 on hob goblins or apos is rather hard. This meant people would pk instead of grinding, since they knew there weren't that many people who were 70.

Quote Originally Posted by DoNotMess View Post
    This is b/c they've made exp so easy now. Getting up to 70 in old ko was challenging, i dont think that many people even made it that far i know i never did lol. It couldn't be done in 1-2 weeks like it can be done now. As a result people would go pking before 70, even before 60 since that took a while in old ko aswell. Having to grind on skeleton knights until level 40 was alot harder then it seemed. Remember they had no exp quests back then like they do now. If the exp is like old ko. Then theres no way we should have 70s in 2 weeks. Going from 60 to 70 on hob goblins or apos is rather hard. This meant people would pk instead of grinding, since they knew there weren't that many people who were 70.
    I realize what XP was like in KE, but I still think that despite any measures taken to force pre-cap PK, it will not be very effective. Besides, many people are not interested in participating in the "grind til you pass out" leveling for months.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

I think it would be fun to make lvling really hard...

hahaha i remember when i got my rogue to 65 and gave up the idea of getting to 70 back in the myko days... it would have taken like forever to get to lv70... but still at 65...it was fun pk

my suggestion to the server would be

NO DONATION ITEMS!
    GMs must never have a pk character sorry to say (to be neutral and avoid unnecessary dramas)
    lv80 cap (allowing more hybrids but skills are still limited to lv70 only)
    lv70 skills (KE skills) max
    ROFD interface
    New CZ map
    Bifrost Items
    Forgotten Temple Items
    PUS : only scrolls and nothing else (exp / hp / ac / sw etc)
    Anvil Rate : slightly better rate than usko like 5% better
    No krowaz and those new items are just crap
    Make sure % of nation balance by not allowing players to create nation which have so much more then the other nation in %

I would like to help out the server but i dont know what i can do to help except some donations to help maintain the server. I would voluntarily help on doing some ingame research or testing.

I believe ko4life team would definately do a good if not better job running a private server because they are more organised and did a really good job on ko4life forum. (I miss ko4life and my old lost account )

Cheers and good luck!!
    Last edited by xtommyleongx; 12-10-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I'll answer a few things best I can for now.

OK most servers are quick and easy and soon you get bored and move on. What we need is a well thought out plan and with a short , medium and long term project plan. Most servers get boring after a short space as the admins run out of ideas or can not impliment them quick enough. I want to keep a very very very high standard to things and I need to look at the long term goals for all involed. For the server to generate enough in donations to support the running costs and to actually make a worthy donation to charity we need people to be wanting to spend their time and money there. For this to be possible we need a good populated server and with things to do. With people xping they will eventually xp in CZ and farm there , which inturn makes for pk from raiding and defending spots.

Also using older drop tables allows some of the nice wep armours and obviously top wepon to be farmed. with active farming and upgrading it allows for a market to grow which makes having CSW and the Kingship nominated.

With a long term plan I can get the team memebers to effectivly upgrade with a known dead line and people can have something to work for. We always use to go mad at prepairing things for the next patch. Again we are generating continued activity and numbers.

One of the things I liked and missed from KO was runing around an Apos post and chatting away to your mates or listening to Dark side of the moon. You need in KO to have a sense of reward and achivement.

With things going at a more stable pace it allows a great stability of power and progress. Some servers if your not there with in the first 5 mins you are already too late. With us you can decide not to do a few wars and catch up. When you have to work at it a bit longer you tend to mix things up to make it more intresting. This allows people to explore and enjoy the time on the server.

From my own point of view the KO maps were a greater challange and with Breth and Piana being different made invasions intresting and a challange too.

As some people know I am going to be inviting famous players of old to have their old chars made for them so for a few nights a month people can have a chance to talk too , party with and fight against some names you really wished you had the chance too play. Also with kill the Champion events I will have the team make champion chars of varying power to suit the server average and eventually there will be set to the max and it will allow the players of the champion chars too get back into the swing of things.

For me I loved KE for me personally it was a great time of change and for the servers. Having a KE server to start with will give newer players who "know how to play" come and fight the people who "discovered how to play". PK in KO/KE was of a much faster pace due to lower HP and AC. Also working with in a lvl 70 cap to start with makes for more challanging skill builds , you will have to choose carefully how to build the char. I tell you lvl 50 DLW is hard as a sin because if you hae dual +8 shards you will not have enough points to wear +8 chitins! If we decided the need to move onto say ROFD ( if we start in KE ) it would already be planned and then we can let everyone settle at 70 and then open ROFD and the lvl 80 cap. This again generates a planned goal for the server and keeps people engaged.

One thing I will try and roll out is for the first few CSW it will be defended by the Project KO4life clan. We will be there to give people a challange and for us to have fun too.

Also with a much more stable apporach , with open goals and staff people know what will be happening and can give feedback to make a change.

I will make some polls so we can get an idea for some elements for the programmers and devlopers to start thinking about.

I hope this will be reassuring to people.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    One thing I will try and roll out is for the first few CSW it will be defended by the Project KO4life clan. We will be there to give people a challange and for us to have fun too.

awesome idea!

I like the project ko4life clan as i won't have a huge amount of time to farm items / xp with college and all :P

And we dont NEED facebook, it was just an idea me and felix threw together and did to be honest.

Regards tabbycat
    Last edited by TabbyCat; 12-11-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Im glad to see that theres a Ko4Life Ko server project and one thing that i gotta mention is that most of KE servers die pretty fast, it can be a KO server - like the original one- with piana and breth(just some oldskool ppl played it), then KE, and then ROFD including krowaz and ultima.

I really miss old KO time on MYKO, ppl played barely and most of them exped to 61.

MrZingery

I love the project and cant wait for it...
    I agree with most of the ideas and stay Old-School

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

i have always wanted an ko4life ko server. and if with does turn out to be succesfull I wouldnt mind donating a small amount every month (like paying prem). Im pretty sure that a lot of people who have quit through the years will give this a try.

i support felix's idea on ip banning cheater and etc. And hopefully there wont be any corruption from within.
    Last edited by assassinofthemist; 12-10-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    The thing EVERYONE needs to realise is that a lot of you want everything to be KE because of the old fun times, its not like that anymore, pretty much everyone knows how to combo and use the town command.

Regards tabbycat

who cares if anyone knows how to combo? If you are thinking that people that want KE, like it was its looking forward to 1hit all newbs, then you dont know what your talking about. There was more people that know how to combo in KE than people that didnt. And the usage of /town has been abused, keeps getting abused and will ever be abused no mather what kiind of server you play, unless its regulated in PvP areas, and for what I can see theres too much people love abusing it, sadly it wont change because if it does most people wouldnt want to join because theres not their precious town command.

Are people seriously crying about /town?

im here for all that u need felixin

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Town has always been a big part of the game, whether you think it's whimping out or simple logical thinking to survive. The fact is every one of you have used it and have no right to complain about it. The people that like soloing in CZ, not only have they probably leveled up pretty much do to no clan (assuming clanless), but they come to CZ in order to gain fast NP, thus if this server is packed as we imagine, meaning parties around every corner, it would be frustrating if he gets caught with lupine and can't do anything once the mages ices him. There is many reasons why this button is in place, and the fact is, it will remain there.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I loved using town, especially when 3 or 4 people chase you through cz for a long time, then you town.. It's part of the game, enjoy it lol..