Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Oh god not pipo <3...
Page: 19

Oh god not pipo <3

For me, I have played KO since the KE days and before that(MYKO-noob days).. and IMHO it is clear and obvious that after KE, every expansion KO came out with, it exponentially got worse. If you use even the simpliest of logic, you can tell that once you get more diverse and advanced with items/level caps/skills, there will be more complications(escpecially when you try to run your own private server).

I'm a junior in college studying eletrical engineering, so I don't have tons of free time with work and school, but when I do, I love having some to actually enjoy a well managed game of KO..... with more weapons/more levels/more skills, it becomes problematic because it requires more time to accomplish such things(for both players and the developers), which is simply not the right way to do things.

I enjoy private servers because of the fact that you don't need to play 8hrs+ a day to own...BUT with more levels comes more grind, with more items it becomes more grind to get the big bad items and when you combine the two, the people that actually grind for over 6-8hours a day easily overpower the ppl with less time on their hands, thus making them want to quit. Im not saying im against grinding because of the fact you get a sense of accomplishment when you complete long task, but make sure it's reasonable(Don't make it to where it takes over a month just to get to lvl 70)

I'm sure you want everyone to have an opportunity in this private server so I say use a very reasonable lvl 70 cap, that way the grind isn't too much to ask for... same thing goes for the items... reasonable drop rates so not everyone is running around with rocs,in,ib, etc....

I remember when KO was enjoyable and when you could actually go to cz in fps and kukrys +5s and be considered dangerous. If he had shards or MDs, fucking town it.

This looks like a very promising project which I follow whole heartidly and gladly wait just to make sure its as successful as planned.

Keep it simple, keep it enjoyable, relaxed, and old school, keep it KE...atleast for a good few months or to the point of where you take a poll and the majority of players want a change. Afterall, it's all about keeping the players happy, that way they stay and keep playing and donating, which in turns keeps the server up and running for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Brahman; 12-12-2009 at 03:28 AM.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brahman View Post

They plan to make lv70 cap and rates similar of KE... getting lv70 was like getting lv83 (the legit way) and there will be plenty grinding to get lv70. They do it in such a way so to keep players playing (not getting max lvl in a week or 2 weeks... we talking about months or even maybe a year)

From any player i've played with back in the day they'll all say they want the old ko back. Level 70 cap, Although it wasn't restricted there wasn't any accessories above +1. and there was the odd +10. I would like to see all that come back. I think your server could be a hit. Lots of old schoolers wish they could have the old ko back but they won't play other private servers because some of them don't trust it. But you'll be bringing back old ko and bringing it back with some very trustable names behind it. Hope you go through with it.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Discuss XP loss...

I personally think people do deserve to be penalized on death to mobs/towers, but not the 5% xp lost. I didn't mind dieing once in a while, it was whatever for me, but the one thing I hate is having to wait for a rezzer, sometimes for even a good hour, and I can imagine that the rezzers in clan hate it too when they are called upon by their clannies to leave their xp and go rez them. As I was saying might as well reduce it to 1% loss instead of 5%... and with prem a 0.5% loss. Think about it though, with this KE version it will be much harder to level, and well I know for a fact from my past experience when I sometimes died 2-3 times in a row during the 10 raven harpy spawn pulling while lagging, was quite annoying . IMO you should be able to progress, as we mentioned before, gain 50NP for a kill, and lose 25NP for a death.... so also in XP, it would be slow progression in xp due to how hard it is to lvl and not alot of loss to get you thinking afterwards (man i just lost ******, i gotta aoe harpies for another 2 hours to gain it back).

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Discuss XP loss...

I personally think people do deserve to be penalized on death to mobs/towers, but not the 5% xp lost. I didn't mind dieing once in a while, it was whatever for me, but the one thing I hate is having to wait for a rezzer, sometimes for even a good hour, and I can imagine that the rezzers in clan hate it too when they are called upon by their clannies to leave their xp and go rez them. As I was saying might as well reduce it to 1% loss instead of 5%... and with prem a 0.5% loss. Think about it though, with this KE version it will be much harder to level, and well I know for a fact from my past experience when I sometimes died 2-3 times in a row during the 10 raven harpy spawn pulling while lagging, was quite annoying . IMO you should be able to progress, as we mentioned before, gain 50NP for a kill, and lose 25NP for a death.... so also in XP, it would be slow progression in xp due to how hard it is to lvl and not alot of loss to get you thinking afterwards (man i just lost ******, i gotta aoe harpies for another 2 hours to gain it back).
    Agreed, 1% sounds good.
    I hate dieing multiple times on one mob and have to exp for like 20 hours to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    Agreed, 1% sounds good.
    I hate dieing multiple times on one mob and have to exp for like 20 hours to get it back.
    And I hate people tanking towers, crying about dying to them. Exp loss its fine, if you dont want to lose exp dont go in the other nation base! period.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    And I hate people tanking towers, crying about dying to them. Exp loss its fine, if you dont want to lose exp dont go in the other nation base! period.
    Because thats the only time you can lose xp? Or maybe the most common way to lose xp?

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    That's not the point. The point that I have stated had to do with XP loss during actual xping on mobs. As for towers, I know for a fact that that will be handled properly as we won't want people camping base for hours, as a matter of fact we won't even want anyone to be able to reach close to the inn/sundries.
    There is 2 choices in this matter.
    1) We set the xp loss rate as I suggested when dieing to mobs, and set the xp loss rate of the normal 5% when dieing to towers, that way people will value their lives and think twice before going in,... this will eventually bring the top clan parties (during the least peak hours in CZ) to go inside (assuming it being like 3 priests, cause if less then it's harder with the level 70 cap) after they are well geared and a few months into the server, but it is understandable and that is the way it's suppose to be. Trust me, it's not hard to take out 1 party that's camping in base. 1 best pking party ever in base will lose to even the worst pking party ever, no doubt.
    2) We have the choice of reducing the xp rate to 1% as i said from both towers and mobs, but that way we will have to increase the tower damage. This way however, is not the proper KE style, thus why you will see no one at all being able to even tank even the first set of towers. And lets be realistic, having to take a little risk with playing with the towers was always a fun part of the game.
    Thus why I go with the first idea, that way it's normal xp loss and it's normal tower damage.

if u want the interface of the KE style, could u maybe do the party bar in rofd style, the KE party bar is always facked up and u dont really see what percentage ur party members HP is ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by FL3r View Post
    if u want the interface of the KE style, could u maybe do the party bar in rofd style, the KE party bar is always facked up and u dont really see what percentage ur party members HP is ^.^
    We've discussed this before, and if it's able to be done, then it will be as I am sure any of us would love to see a synchronized hp bar with the party list, but from what I have seen, not 1 private server has been able to do that, and thus why I think it will be hard to do so.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I dont like the point of losing 1% per death. 5% was fine imo. Just dont die. Survivability (is this a word? !) Is a skill aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    I dont like the point of losing 1% per death. 5% was fine imo. Just dont die. Survivability (is this a word? !) Is a skill aswell.
    I didn't mind losing 5% in ROFD/FF either, it's easily gained... but during KE times? That's a big pain in the ass IMO, and I think most people would agree too whoever has played from KE.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Didnt everyone want some hardcore KE server? And now 5% is too much? PUSSYS!

Real men press ok.

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Real men press ok.
    Oh, that's why you always asked for a resser. xD

On P:KE, they just gave everyone an eternal bronze premium, reducing ur death penalty and giving everyone a tiny exp boost.