Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; first of all i would play this server for sure!! that being said wouldnt mgames or k2 try to sue ...
Page: 4

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

first of all i would play this server for sure!!
    that being said wouldnt mgames or k2 try to sue u guys?

also reason i would play this server was would

CUSTOMER SERVICE!

i know the ko4life staff would work their asses off to provide a fair enviroment.

and they WOULD give a fuck if some jackass comes and starts pulling +9 or +10 items out of their ass.

k2's knight online is laggy as shit sometimes and constantly get dced from there so most of the time resembles it a private server anyway so the main difference here would be

better customer service
    an even playing field were not only the rich prosper
    for once in 5 years i would be able to talk to most people in english and not pull
    out my english to turkish dictionary.
    NOT WASTE 5 months trying to get 1 freaking lvl

i got a good event u guys might wanna do

gm party vs clans
    or gm party vs a nation

gm wars with elmo gm party and karus gm party in them

NEW BOSSES

like an isloon style kekurikka (that would be fun)

if possible some new jewelry or one of a kind jewelry

and maybe some new weapons.

i would like lvl 70 to be lvl cap just cuz things were so much funner back then.

such high stats just make things take too much time and and kinda take away the fun of things.
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 12-01-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Copyright law states , once a new vertion of software is out for public use , older vertions of the software are no longer under the rules of copywright and are classic as free are public source. Because we would not be using the same vertion as USKO there are unable to sue us under any copyright infringement.

USKO and K2 only have powers over the contries their products are offically supported, in a court of law a they would have to prove where the server and source files are hosted. Because we will be donating money to charity with our project , i will justifie to a court that we saw this as a ppositive way to support various charities around the world.

Finally because I will be using elements of this towards programming and database section of my degree , the whole project will fall under the protecton of being used for educational purposes. US and UK laws protect the student and actually support open and free use of software.This is why you will notice students get heavy discounts of top line software.

Finally for K2 to sue us , they would need to take up legual cases in several countries to do so. I still have a written contract with KO where my services as an assistant to the GM team with Will would entitle me to a wadge, this was going to be premium and various inagme items which can be value at the time it would cost me in an hourerly wadge. They have still not paid me and many of the people involed.

After getting legual advice I have been told the cost to K2 to be considerable and with myself and Festo being UK residents and living in the EU US federial law has now power over us and it would be required that we would have to be summond to a US court. On average cases of this nature would take so long K2 would most likely not even be running a KO service. Finally for K2 to make a case to even sue us they would need to show a clear loss of earning and evience we had taken customers away from them.

Finally I have records of myself and other well known members apporaching Noah and Mgames about taking on a licence and the only real feeback we receiaved was an English vertion was licence with MYKO and USKO. Again these "English" vertion are translated in to US English and no UK based Enhlish , which would then prevent K2 making a case against us and then would force Mgames or JPKO making a case. Japan and Korea have no arrgements with the UK with regards to copywrigth infrngements.

As you can see I have made sure that I have fully investigated all angels before getting to this stage.

For people who want this to be rushed , it will not be rushed. I will not set deadlines in public. We want the foundations of the project set correctly from day one before we move onto any further devlopment. I also have to get a team together that can get things done while we work out more technical issues.

For those who asked is this a sudden idea , we orginally raised the idea 4 years ago and go over things every 6 months or so.

The reason why I am now moving this on at a faster pace is after spending a few hours going through the distess KO players were still suffering and Schrotti seducing me to play KO for an evening I decided something needed to be done.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I'm assuming you'd refer to me as the one rushing. I don't want you to look at it that way, but the way I see it, if it takes longer then like 6 months,... well lets just say by that time I think these forums might simply die, if not the game itself. But who knows, it's just an estimate.

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

i have yet to play a priv server that doesnt lag like a bitch so if u guys make one and im lucky and dont lag ill check it out for sure

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I have been craving some ko pk, it has been a while.. I just can't bring myself to xp anymore lol. But, I would love to play a private server with some of my old school friends..

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Hit me up on msn Felıx

KalaBunga Senior Member

looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Copyright law states , once a new....
    yatta yatta
    ...Schrotti seducing me to play KO for an evening I decided something needed to be done.
    I hate to jinx this great idea and effort but, no matter how u explain it, I still cant see how u guys can legally keep this going officially. There is a fine line between violating the copyright law or not, u might not use the same version as USKO or JPKO whatever, but the game core programming still belongs to MGames, that u cant deny. Private servers has always been illegal looking from the international side, not only KO, but all MMORPG games out there, and every single of them have to shutdown eventually when they starting to get popular, due the fact they will compete with the legal servers with legal licence, the only question is, is that private server worth suing? The answer is quite simple, yes if the server puts considerable great threat to the official one, and that sorta always happens when they becomes popular.
    Many of u prolly didnt knew, but those who have at least 1 KO movie in youtube should know that youtube made a mass shutdown of tons of movies about a year ago, due the copyright violation with the music they used, however thats not my point, the main thing is, they even shutdown some cover songs of fans made by their own efforts, songs that wasnt played by the original owners, songs that puts absolute no threat to the artist, but yet still closed due to the copyright law. Is it fair? No. They have the rights? Unfortunately yes, its the solid and cruel law of copyright. Sounds familar?
    Seriously Dan, when it comes down to serious business, I honestly dont believe the court would buy those stories u told us. But great efforts tho.
    Look it on a positive side, this vision, this KO was really something we considered a dream few years back then, this would be the ideal KO we all want to play on. But I dont believe real world works that way, unless u have a legal licence.
    Sorry to be negative in the most of this post, but I just dont think it will work in long term.

Ive been out of usko since all the hacking and shit was everywhere, ive recently come back to play a few hrs a week on private servers, if that. I've found most servers have all the up to date shit, but because the communities are sooo damn small all the servers just fail. And yes, because of all the events, all the zones and stuff, the server is just WAY to scattered, this comes to my point.

I think the best option would be - Max lvl 70, not sure about anvils, but obviously not as hard as USKO but not so easy people have full +8 stuff in the first month, Pure Farm server, no Weapons and armour WHATSOEVER in the PUS - excluding Valk sets (which can be set to delete after 2 months, ive seen it done). Boss respawn random between 3 - 6 hours. That being said, Once the community grows, and i dont mean a constant of like 100 people, peaking at 200+ i would then expand the server into the current usko state. But i think this could only be done with a constant of about 500-700+ people, otherwise the server is just WAY to scattered for people to be afk, pking, bifrost, juriad, leveling etc etc. Im pretty sure with your knowledge of databases and servers blah blah, you would be able to keep all characters at the stage they were at BEFORE the update, so all characters are not wiped, if you did end up chosing my idea.

If this is not possible, and the server had to be wiped, way to many people would quit as they would have to start again. My two cents.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Glad to see that some ppl are hitting this from the right direction. What i mean, is that atleast in my view, its not ur everyday KEstylefarmpklolserver. Since we already got a fair amount of ppl with a fine set of brains lurking around these very forums, getting innovative ideas, thoughts and feedback, is not hard.

We all have seen how K2 has fraked their things up and even worse, fraked us in the face. Everyone of us have been k2d. This server should have every right to punch them back and say: this is how it should be done!

In a more simple way, KO atm is 1.0, we gona make ko4life KO 1.5

With all the respect but wouldnt you guys be a lil too dependant off Devile? Seeing how busy his rl schedule is.

Gosh, Im not talking as an Admin of another server. I would really love to see a farm private out there thats worth being played. I've seen so much other things pass where people had good intentions, but in the long run they under estimate the time that such things take.

Anyways best of luck, I'm already looking for a year + to play another farm private thats good

Kmatic

i think the best ko private servers would be a lvl 70 cap with jewlery max +0 thats when the pk was so balenced and based of skill and if you knew how to play your class so it doesnt souly rely on gear.....its pathetic on how a geared out warrior in usko can just take out a better geared rogue like its nothing jsut because the warriors ap def and hp is so much and im talking about 70+ chars my warrior lvl 80 with +8 shell and +0 +1 jewlery can tear up a rogue with full +9 weapons and armor and with +1+2 jewlery i liked when everything was even and fair for every class and it was where skill was the factor and where gear didnt mean much in a vs if you made a server like that i would play it for ever xD

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Captin I have been doing a lo tof research on where copyright falls and how an inunction would be put in place against us. Becaically we have to look at the the patents and the lience agreements for each country. Normally a law suite will happen with compliance of the laws where the server is hosted. I have had a friend who works in a copywright firm go over UK lrgislation and EU legislation to see what loopholes can be used.

For the time being this is still at stages where ideas are being passed around and we look into how things can be achived.

Soenne , the dependance on Deilve has always been down to the main server side admin of this box. This box is shared with bloodzone so Devile will not risk any hard happening to his baby. Outside of this box control would be with a different team and Devile has already agreed to be a part of a team. We use Deviles name out of respect towards KO4life founder.

Already theere is a deadicated server , staff and coders already inplace to start work on a project. Obviously with the size I feel is required proper meetings need to be put in place and a business plan put forward. With any big project you need a figure head to help attract people. I am not going to be stupid and use my name for a project of this magnatude as people know me for being a babashopper and a royal arshole on the forums.

I am know getting names contact me who have already heard about the potiential project and people want to be a part of it. But my responsibility is to make sure that anything that is done will not risk the forums or any parties involed.

As Captin said there is alot of ideas and it will be a big challange to makes things happening. As I have said before nothing will be rushed and IF we decided to do our own project then it is going to be done to a standard you would expect from Devile , not from the likes of me.

Finally if we decied against it then we may wabt to work with a team and help them grow and devlope with a common gaol. Sonne I would rather work with you if we make a server or not for the benifit of the comunity.

The one thing I feels is omportant is that we try and do some good out of this and give to some charities.

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

I do hope it works out, its hard to find a good private server that aint just about the donations.

This is awesome.
    You guys do this and finally k2/ko will die, and dreaming a lil mgame seeming k2 die maybe they offer k2's license.

XD

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast