Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 365

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I will try it for sure when it comes...
Page: 5


  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    754

    Default

    I will try it for sure when it comes

  2. #62
    Senior Member ILikeeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    haha nismo fajny ten podpis masz pozycze se ok? xd

    Nice idea for server imo

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt4iN View Post
    I hate to jinx this great idea and effort but, no matter how u explain it, I still cant see how u guys can legally keep this going officially. There is a fine line between violating the copyright law or not, u might not use the same version as USKO or JPKO whatever, but the game core programming still belongs to MGames, that u cant deny. Private servers has always been illegal looking from the international side, not only KO, but all MMORPG games out there, and every single of them have to shutdown eventually when they starting to get popular, due the fact they will compete with the legal servers with legal licence, the only question is, is that private server worth suing? The answer is quite simple, yes if the server puts considerable great threat to the official one, and that sorta always happens when they becomes popular.
    Many of u prolly didnt knew, but those who have at least 1 KO movie in youtube should know that youtube made a mass shutdown of tons of movies about a year ago, due the copyright violation with the music they used, however thats not my point, the main thing is, they even shutdown some cover songs of fans made by their own efforts, songs that wasnt played by the original owners, songs that puts absolute no threat to the artist, but yet still closed due to the copyright law. Is it fair? No. They have the rights? Unfortunately yes, its the solid and cruel law of copyright. Sounds familar?
    Seriously Dan, when it comes down to serious business, I honestly dont believe the court would buy those stories u told us. But great efforts tho.
    Look it on a positive side, this vision, this KO was really something we considered a dream few years back then, this would be the ideal KO we all want to play on. But I dont believe real world works that way, unless u have a legal licence.
    Sorry to be negative in the most of this post, but I just dont think it will work in long term.
    Simply said by Felix before, they don't have the right sue their old contant. So my assumption is that if the game is in Forgotten Frontier version then they would be able to do something, but since KE has been out of date for years and a non-useable version by K2, they don't have the right to sue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmatic View Post
    i think the best ko private servers would be a lvl 70 cap with jewlery max +0 thats when the pk was so balenced and based of skill and if you knew how to play your class so it doesnt souly rely on gear.....its pathetic on how a geared out warrior in usko can just take out a better geared rogue like its nothing jsut because the warriors ap def and hp is so much and im talking about 70+ chars my warrior lvl 80 with +8 shell and +0 +1 jewlery can tear up a rogue with full +9 weapons and armor and with +1+2 jewlery i liked when everything was even and fair for every class and it was where skill was the factor and where gear didnt mean much in a vs if you made a server like that i would play it for ever xD
    I would have to disagree with this idea. I mean there is other servers out there that are pretty much pk servers with even gear. An example, SexyKO, same + armors and uniques and weapons... and it's just pk. What will make this server last is the farming. I don't want to be cocky but I've led clans, and each time my clan was #1, always having the most active people who out-farm most of the clans combined. So the way I see it from my perspective, that would simply get in the way of showing who's more dedicated in the game, clan wise. Maybe I'm just pointing this out for the better of my future clan, but looking from a non-biased perspective,... having a +0 unique set will require such a little time to accomplish, leaving the rest of the time for people to get bored with pking, and those who have accomplished a +0 unique set within a clan will probably not help out for the rest. I'm not saying that would happen in my clan, but in general for others, that's what I would suspect will happen. The point is, the hard working clans, the ones that put more time into farming and being active deserve more then that. If my clan is #1 again with constant farming, I would certainly be unsatisfied if a +0 unique set is the max that you can get. Simply because I know for a fact, it will take a month at most to probably get a full +0 unique set for the full clan.... and then what happens? We pk until we get bored? As I said before, there is many private servers out there with even gear, and those people that can't get into a good clan or simply love "soloing" should just play there... but I think KO is in generally a teamwork type of game, thus why clans exist.

  4. #64
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Im innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

  5. #65
    Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    edana / netherlands
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    yeah me to and ill pull some others in as well

  6. #66
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Now I just logged in to the forum for the first time in a few weeks, and when I saw this forum and this topic I got really excited. *If you don't want to read my essay here, scroll down to the summary at the bottom. This is mostly for Felix and whoever else is planning on working on the server*

    I feel like this is a good opportunity for the KO community to experience a rebirth of sorts. Its been almost 2 years since I really was playing this game seriously for an extended period of time. I've come back a few times to play again the past 2 years for short periods and the one thing I've noticed is that there just aren't as many players in general and more specifically English speaking players. As Felix said, these forums are almost completely dead, KO is becoming more and more outdated, we can go on and on about how KO is failing right now. I think that if you can get a server off the ground that it will cause a large rejuvenation of these forums and KO in general for the english speaking population. Considering there are alot of people like myself who browse these forums from time to time to see whats new, I think you could get a very good sized player population for your server.


    NOW, onto what I think is gonna have to happen for this server. Considering the amount of browsers on this forum (even though its decreased as of late) and people spreading the word through msn, email, vent, sms, etc. I think you will end up with an initial player population greater than any private server has ever seen. I've played quite a few in the past year and a half and no private server has ever truly broken over 300-400 ppl online at one time. I estimate that with word of mouth we could easily get more than that to play initially.

    Now, assuming that we will have a player base larger than any other private server you will have to invest in a pretty powerful dedicated server with high bandwith. This is gonna cost alot of money per month, so donations for the PUS will have to provide a decent amount of cash to pay for the dedi, as well as donate to a particular charity as you suggested.

    Now, as Magyk said earlier that this is a chance for you to go outside what the private server scene has been doing for the past year and a half or so. I think its time someone tried something radically different.


    I think giving a RETAIL-LIKE server a chance would be a good idea. No one has actually tried doing this in the truest sense of the word. Project KE had the closest formula to an actual retail server, and it took less than a week to get 70 if you were dedicated, and much less if you had friends who were already 70.

    I think its about time that someone release a server that has realistic gameplay, meaning that you have to level and earn your gear just like you do on a retail server like USKO. It doesn't have to be exactly like USKO was in KE, but definitely make the gameplay a longer lasting experience. There just isn't much endgame play for KO other than farming and pking. Feature a PUS that is exactly like USKO was in KE. Sell premium to increase players' exp, sell buff scrolls up to 1500hp/300ac, nation transfer, name change, trina, etc. No upgradeable items or anything. If it meant playing on a server that provided an experience much like I had during KE, I wouldn't mind spending a little cash for premium and scrolls to help keep it going =]

    As for level cap ? I definitely believe that the game is more fun at the lvl 70 range. Lvl 80 and 83 caps just makes the pk very tedious as it takes too long to kill ppl. The pk is much more fast paced on a lvl 70 cap, or possibly a lvl 72 or lvl 75 cap. I wouldn't mind either of the 3, but I don't think anything should get above lvl 75. New servers used to be alot of fun to me, especially girakon when i was in the 70s. However, when platinum premium came out on girakon and everyone (including myself) started to get lvl 80 the pk got boring quick because it took a long time to take ppl down. The benefits of a lvl 72/75 cap would be that BP's would get helis, which would definitely help them out. Warriors would also have enough mana to actually use more than 2 hp pots before running out of mana. Mages can be much more balanced with the higher level, due to getting new spells and also with the extra stats. Only problem is the lvl 70+ skills which are not in the 1299 game originally, but I wager you guys can figure it out.

    As for events and new items to the game since KE? I wouldn't be opposed to adding all of them EXCEPT Krowaz. Bifrost and Juraid are both a good diversion from the tedious grinding of KO and definitely are both good ideas. They both give new items to choose from, and definitely help balancing the classes. The only issue is that if you choose to make a lvl 70 cap, you will have to modify some of the mobs in bifrost for sure and maybe juraid. At traditional stats, the higher up mobs in bifrost are almost impossible to kill without getting exped a lot on lvl 70 characters. IF you do a lvl 75 cap, you probably won't have to change much if anything at all. Felankor, ultima, greeds, etc. are all very easily killable at lvl 75.

    The problem with Krowaz is that it provides a non-stop farming zone, and if the drops there are decent, it will take away from the colony zone and other important zones for farming and exp, and make creating random parties much more difficult. The new weapons wouldn't be too bad on a private server considering that they won't have the skill bonuses that they do on the Forgotten Frontiers expansion, but tbh they are unnecessary.

    I was working on my own private server about a year ago, and I was working on some of these things. It was gonna be a little faster on the exp end, like a Project KE, but it was lvl 70 cap with a few extra skills from RoFD, had a bifrost, felankor lair, etc. identical to USKO's but mobs were altered to match the lvl 70 cap. I also had worked on redoing the mob spawns in eslant to be like what they were in old KO and KE on USKO.


    **SUMMARY OF WHAT I THINK**

    RETAIL-Like Server
    -Lvl cap = 70-75
    -Exping to max level should take at least a month or 2, if not longer.
    -Drop rates should be retail-like
    -Bifrost and Juraid events if possible, as well as items. Higher lvl mobs' stats i.e. greed ultima, fela etc. should be modified to match level cap
    -PUS should be like USKO's during KE. sell monthly premium, 1500/300 scrolls, nc, nt, etc. all for cash, but obviously not as expensive as USKO's rates on such things :P


    I really support the idea of a ko4life server whether or not it has exactly what I think would make a good server. I think regardless if the server has legal issues with K2 doing this will give the KO a community a good opportunity to regrow. If you go ahead with releasing a server in any format I would be willing to do whatever it is that I can to help promote the server. Whether that be helping out directly or just spreading the word. =D

  7. #67
    wawh
    Guest

    Default

    TBH, your problem won't be with law..

    But with security, maintenance and support
    You guys are inexperienced when it comes to all 3... besides, the budget is high for simply running it... even the time you need to invest is HUGE



    You're underestimating this project and it's faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from finished

  8. #68
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    TBH, your problem won't be with law..

    But with security, maintenance and support
    You guys are inexperienced when it comes to all 3... besides, the budget is high for simply running it... even the time you need to invest is HUGE



    You're underestimating this project and it's faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from finished
    Im pretty sure Felix isn't in the biggest rush to release it. Plus anyone with any brains will realize that running the server once its live is much harder than developing it. I'm sure he and the other admins are thinking about all these things.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    Now I just logged in to the forum for the first time in a few weeks, and when I saw this forum and this topic I got really excited. *If you don't want to read my essay here, scroll down to the summary at the bottom. This is mostly for Felix and whoever else is planning on working on the server*

    I feel like this is a good opportunity for the KO community to experience a rebirth of sorts. Its been almost 2 years since I really was playing this game seriously for an extended period of time. I've come back a few times to play again the past 2 years for short periods and the one thing I've noticed is that there just aren't as many players in general and more specifically English speaking players. As Felix said, these forums are almost completely dead, KO is becoming more and more outdated, we can go on and on about how KO is failing right now. I think that if you can get a server off the ground that it will cause a large rejuvenation of these forums and KO in general for the english speaking population. Considering there are alot of people like myself who browse these forums from time to time to see whats new, I think you could get a very good sized player population for your server.


    NOW, onto what I think is gonna have to happen for this server. Considering the amount of browsers on this forum (even though its decreased as of late) and people spreading the word through msn, email, vent, sms, etc. I think you will end up with an initial player population greater than any private server has ever seen. I've played quite a few in the past year and a half and no private server has ever truly broken over 300-400 ppl online at one time. I estimate that with word of mouth we could easily get more than that to play initially.

    Now, assuming that we will have a player base larger than any other private server you will have to invest in a pretty powerful dedicated server with high bandwith. This is gonna cost alot of money per month, so donations for the PUS will have to provide a decent amount of cash to pay for the dedi, as well as donate to a particular charity as you suggested.

    Now, as Magyk said earlier that this is a chance for you to go outside what the private server scene has been doing for the past year and a half or so. I think its time someone tried something radically different.


    I think giving a RETAIL-LIKE server a chance would be a good idea. No one has actually tried doing this in the truest sense of the word. Project KE had the closest formula to an actual retail server, and it took less than a week to get 70 if you were dedicated, and much less if you had friends who were already 70.

    I think its about time that someone release a server that has realistic gameplay, meaning that you have to level and earn your gear just like you do on a retail server like USKO. It doesn't have to be exactly like USKO was in KE, but definitely make the gameplay a longer lasting experience. There just isn't much endgame play for KO other than farming and pking. Feature a PUS that is exactly like USKO was in KE. Sell premium to increase players' exp, sell buff scrolls up to 1500hp/300ac, nation transfer, name change, trina, etc. No upgradeable items or anything. If it meant playing on a server that provided an experience much like I had during KE, I wouldn't mind spending a little cash for premium and scrolls to help keep it going =]

    As for level cap ? I definitely believe that the game is more fun at the lvl 70 range. Lvl 80 and 83 caps just makes the pk very tedious as it takes too long to kill ppl. The pk is much more fast paced on a lvl 70 cap, or possibly a lvl 72 or lvl 75 cap. I wouldn't mind either of the 3, but I don't think anything should get above lvl 75. New servers used to be alot of fun to me, especially girakon when i was in the 70s. However, when platinum premium came out on girakon and everyone (including myself) started to get lvl 80 the pk got boring quick because it took a long time to take ppl down. The benefits of a lvl 72/75 cap would be that BP's would get helis, which would definitely help them out. Warriors would also have enough mana to actually use more than 2 hp pots before running out of mana. Mages can be much more balanced with the higher level, due to getting new spells and also with the extra stats. Only problem is the lvl 70+ skills which are not in the 1299 game originally, but I wager you guys can figure it out.

    As for events and new items to the game since KE? I wouldn't be opposed to adding all of them EXCEPT Krowaz. Bifrost and Juraid are both a good diversion from the tedious grinding of KO and definitely are both good ideas. They both give new items to choose from, and definitely help balancing the classes. The only issue is that if you choose to make a lvl 70 cap, you will have to modify some of the mobs in bifrost for sure and maybe juraid. At traditional stats, the higher up mobs in bifrost are almost impossible to kill without getting exped a lot on lvl 70 characters. IF you do a lvl 75 cap, you probably won't have to change much if anything at all. Felankor, ultima, greeds, etc. are all very easily killable at lvl 75.

    The problem with Krowaz is that it provides a non-stop farming zone, and if the drops there are decent, it will take away from the colony zone and other important zones for farming and exp, and make creating random parties much more difficult. The new weapons wouldn't be too bad on a private server considering that they won't have the skill bonuses that they do on the Forgotten Frontiers expansion, but tbh they are unnecessary.

    I was working on my own private server about a year ago, and I was working on some of these things. It was gonna be a little faster on the exp end, like a Project KE, but it was lvl 70 cap with a few extra skills from RoFD, had a bifrost, felankor lair, etc. identical to USKO's but mobs were altered to match the lvl 70 cap. I also had worked on redoing the mob spawns in eslant to be like what they were in old KO and KE on USKO.


    **SUMMARY OF WHAT I THINK**

    RETAIL-Like Server
    -Lvl cap = 70-75
    -Exping to max level should take at least a month or 2, if not longer.
    -Drop rates should be retail-like
    -Bifrost and Juraid events if possible, as well as items. Higher lvl mobs' stats i.e. greed ultima, fela etc. should be modified to match level cap
    -PUS should be like USKO's during KE. sell monthly premium, 1500/300 scrolls, nc, nt, etc. all for cash, but obviously not as expensive as USKO's rates on such things :P



    I really support the idea of a ko4life server whether or not it has exactly what I think would make a good server. I think regardless if the server has legal issues with K2 doing this will give the KO a community a good opportunity to regrow. If you go ahead with releasing a server in any format I would be willing to do whatever it is that I can to help promote the server. Whether that be helping out directly or just spreading the word. =D
    1) I really wouldn't suggest going level 75. I know there is many people out there that joined this game in the ROFD and FF version, thus saying that they did not experience the KE version before that, and in my opinion, and I speak on behave of many others out there that are old school players, either playing from the BETA times or the KE times, could say that there best experience was during KE. Going 75, gives the players an extra 50 stats, and this is in between of the lvl 70 and 80 cap, meaning things would be pretty unbalanced if we keep it to the retail version. How? Lets say fire mages,... they have fire staff, and fire armor, while warriors would only receive blooding at 75. There is many reasons why I go against the idea of it being 75, but it's mostly as you mentioned, it's harder to kill people with these extra stats, 50 more specifically, and at lvl 70 it would simply be a face paced gameplay like it was before, meaning that actual skills and teamwork will win over items and such.
    2) In my first post I mentioned that it should take 2-3 days to level to 70, but then I thought about it again, and you are right in a way Mike, it should be in between the retail version and instant 70. I really doubt people would want to level to 70 for a whole 2 months,.. simply because I remember how painful it was back in KE to get the 70 and just don't want to go through that again. But in my opinion, I wouldn't mind have at most a month of leveling to reach 70. Maybe I'm being biased, but the bigger population of the KO players started off playing in their teenage years, just like myself, and therefore that would mean most of us are either university students or workers, so we don't have as much time on our hands like before, and would like to experience the fun parts of KO, but as well having to deal with the boring parts like leveling but not on the USKO basis or definitely not like the KE basis.
    3) I totally agree with this, drop rates should be retail-like, therefore it would be real farming and would keep people interested and would separate the clans that work hard for their items and those simply looking for an easy way out in the long run.
    4) I strongly disagree with these events. I honestly didn't mind the KE times, which was basically for me (mage) leveling at harpies/ravens or pking when I want to relax of the xping. As you said Mike, this will probably be the biggest populated server, but then again, you don't want to see it fall apart just because people see it being scattered, as in having a fraction of the population distributed within the 5 or so areas that are in the game. Simply CZ, morodon, EMC/LUF, eslant, abyss is all that's needed in my opinion.
    But lets say you guys go with this idea, having a Bifrost, an Eslant Dungeon would simply mean that you would need to implement the new items that were introduced in ROFD. Simply means more variety, and just falls even closer to the ROFD side, which I despise personally. Even if you were to modify the drops into any KE ones, what would that be? The only items I could think of that would be fair for drops off those, is the high class weapons/armors, like raptors, shards, shells and such. Dropping uniques in Bifrost and Eslant Dungeon... just doesn't sound fair does it? Continuing on, this is where the level cap kicks in. With level 70 sure you can do the Eslant Dungeon monsters easily, but for Bifrost... you simply wouldn't be able to do anything greater the Sloth. My finally opinion, is don't include any of these,... if you are really seeking for something to entertain the population, simply have some boss events, with not real bosses ofc, but maybe some extra implemented monsters that drop an assured high class weapon or armor (assuming that the high class weapons and armors are retail-like KE-wise, meaning that it will be quite difficult to find them, and even extremely hard to make them +7). This type of event will of course require GMs, and the monsters shouldn't honestly be overspawned, but simply giving at least half the population that attend the event to recieve at least 1 +1 high class weapon/armor.
    5) I really do like this idea, I wouldn't mind spending money on scrolls and such, and of course the premium, especially knowing that it will keep the server up, and some will end up towards a charity. But as you said Mike, nothing of any of the items or things like Valks,... basically anything that will give advantage to the players.

    Also, good to see you again Mike, and hopefully we meet again if this comes out, whether you are with me or another clan .

  10. #70
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    *Dont wanna murder someones connection by quoting that again*

    Anyways, good points. Atleast most of them.


    Glad to see so much discussion. However (im addressing this to everyone), all u ppl should get one thing straight. We dont have to make this server like every other. We dont have to make ko look so boring as it was, on some aspects atleast.


    There has been general "good job guys" posts for 5 pages already. Now what should be done is start dreaming. DREAM PPL!


    Come up with rly wacco ideas, tell us what u WISHED ko would have, how things would/should work. Dont waste time thinking how fast u could lvl to max lvl, throw in ideas how to make it coolest and most nonboring thing evar!


    Tbh, most things COULD be put ingame, computergeekly speaking. Well, those that are like sensible tho. So dont hold back. Maybe u can oneday lvl up by pvping or getting exp from every move u do.

  11. #71
    DAFAQ Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    1) I really wouldn't suggest going level 75. I know there is many people out there that joined this game in the ROFD and FF version, thus saying that they did not experience the KE version before that, and in my opinion, and I speak on behave of many others out there that are old school players, either playing from the BETA times or the KE times, could say that there best experience was during KE. Going 75, gives the players an extra 50 stats, and this is in between of the lvl 70 and 80 cap, meaning things would be pretty unbalanced if we keep it to the retail version. How? Lets say fire mages,... they have fire staff, and fire armor, while warriors would only receive blooding at 75. There is many reasons why I go against the idea of it being 75, but it's mostly as you mentioned, it's harder to kill people with these extra stats, 50 more specifically, and at lvl 70 it would simply be a face paced gameplay like it was before, meaning that actual skills and teamwork will win over items and such.
    2) In my first post I mentioned that it should take 2-3 days to level to 70, but then I thought about it again, and you are right in a way Mike, it should be in between the retail version and instant 70. I really doubt people would want to level to 70 for a whole 2 months,.. simply because I remember how painful it was back in KE to get the 70 and just don't want to go through that again. But in my opinion, I wouldn't mind have at most a month of leveling to reach 70. Maybe I'm being biased, but the bigger population of the KO players started off playing in their teenage years, just like myself, and therefore that would mean most of us are either university students or workers, so we don't have as much time on our hands like before, and would like to experience the fun parts of KO, but as well having to deal with the boring parts like leveling but not on the USKO basis or definitely not like the KE basis.
    3) I totally agree with this, drop rates should be retail-like, therefore it would be real farming and would keep people interested and would separate the clans that work hard for their items and those simply looking for an easy way out in the long run.
    4) I strongly disagree with these events. I honestly didn't mind the KE times, which was basically for me (mage) leveling at harpies/ravens or pking when I want to relax of the xping. As you said Mike, this will probably be the biggest populated server, but then again, you don't want to see it fall apart just because people see it being scattered, as in having a fraction of the population distributed within the 5 or so areas that are in the game. Simply CZ, morodon, EMC/LUF, eslant, abyss is all that's needed in my opinion.
    But lets say you guys go with this idea, having a Bifrost, an Eslant Dungeon would simply mean that you would need to implement the new items that were introduced in ROFD. Simply means more variety, and just falls even closer to the ROFD side, which I despise personally. Even if you were to modify the drops into any KE ones, what would that be? The only items I could think of that would be fair for drops off those, is the high class weapons/armors, like raptors, shards, shells and such. Dropping uniques in Bifrost and Eslant Dungeon... just doesn't sound fair does it? Continuing on, this is where the level cap kicks in. With level 70 sure you can do the Eslant Dungeon monsters easily, but for Bifrost... you simply wouldn't be able to do anything greater the Sloth. My finally opinion, is don't include any of these,... if you are really seeking for something to entertain the population, simply have some boss events, with not real bosses ofc, but maybe some extra implemented monsters that drop an assured high class weapon or armor (assuming that the high class weapons and armors are retail-like KE-wise, meaning that it will be quite difficult to find them, and even extremely hard to make them +7). This type of event will of course require GMs, and the monsters shouldn't honestly be overspawned, but simply giving at least half the population that attend the event to recieve at least 1 +1 high class weapon/armor.
    5) I really do like this idea, I wouldn't mind spending money on scrolls and such, and of course the premium, especially knowing that it will keep the server up, and some will end up towards a charity. But as you said Mike, nothing of any of the items or things like Valks,... basically anything that will give advantage to the players.

    Also, good to see you again Mike, and hopefully we meet again if this comes out, whether you are with me or another clan .

    Really man, did you just read my mind and wrote that?

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Anyways, good points. Atleast most of them.


    Glad to see so much discussion. However (im addressing this to everyone), all u ppl should get one thing straight. We dont have to make this server like every other. We dont have to make ko look so boring as it was, on some aspects atleast.


    There has been general "good job guys" posts for 5 pages already. Now what should be done is start dreaming. DREAM PPL!


    Come up with rly wacco ideas, tell us what u WISHED ko would have, how things would/should work. Dont waste time thinking how fast u could lvl to max lvl, throw in ideas how to make it coolest and most nonboring thing evar!


    Tbh, most things COULD be put ingame, computergeekly speaking. Well, those that are like sensible tho. So dont hold back. Maybe u can oneday lvl up by pvping or getting exp from every move u do.
    I think I can speak on behalf of pretty much everyone that the one main thing people wanted was a free hack/duping server.

    There isn't much you can bring to the table with being creative, we played the game simply because of the pk. No doubt about it, but that is the main reason people played it... it doesn't have end game content like games like WoW, but just the pk itself made people stick to it.

    Coming to my point about your statement, there isn't a whole lot that can be changed about the game, and I know for myself I don't want pretty much anything to be changed other then to play the old KE times. Another reason of course will be the programming for the newly though out ideas,... it's not that easy, and well it certainly would extend the wait time for quite some time.

  13. #73
    Inactive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    59

    Default

    First of all, its a great idea to make a ko4lifeKO. Since its going to be done by people like Devile and Felix, there will be a lot of old players to check this private server.

    About the creative ideas, what KO is really missing is the variety of accesories. As every single WoW players can understand what i mean, the unique accesory option for classes are really limited. As an example the only good ring that a rogue can use is a ROL (And maybe foverin if BF is considered). ROC and maybe a DR for warrior. Same thing for earrings.

    Adding many new bosses that will drop new unique gear which will not change the balance of the game but will add a nice variety to every class accesory wise.

    Also there are almost nothing that actually drops armors in whole KO game. Bosses that will drop +7 Chitins/Shells (Depends on the game version) can be added.

    Getting exp from killing ppl in CZ is a really good idea which will make exping easier and attract more ppl to go PK. Also adding some more exp bonuses can be added such as ;
    - Killing 5 people w/o dieing : %2 exp
    - Killing 10 people w/o dieing : %3 exp

    Also some party bonuses like;
    - Killing 25 ppl in 10 mins : %2exp for every player in party
    - Killing 50 ppl in 10 mins : %3 exp for every player in party

    and stuff like that.

  14. #74
    VIP Member Senior Member JaCoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lima - Perú
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    I can't talk that much about gameplay on KE i was such a big noob.
    I remember myself running around piana looking for a dk party or going to the hills and hopefully get a haunga party then @ 40 get lucky and get in IS aoe's party, actually i got lucky once, i was their swifter for like 10 lures XD

    Kukry +5 and Sword Breaker +4 were the shit


    I think what we all want is a server without KOXP, active GMs, efficient Custommer Support.

    =)

  15. #75
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    1) I really wouldn't suggest going level 75. I know there is many people out there that joined this game in the ROFD and FF version, thus saying that they did not experience the KE version before that, and in my opinion, and I speak on behave of many others out there that are old school players, either playing from the BETA times or the KE times, could say that there best experience was during KE. Going 75, gives the players an extra 50 stats, and this is in between of the lvl 70 and 80 cap, meaning things would be pretty unbalanced if we keep it to the retail version. How? Lets say fire mages,... they have fire staff, and fire armor, while warriors would only receive blooding at 75. There is many reasons why I go against the idea of it being 75, but it's mostly as you mentioned, it's harder to kill people with these extra stats, 50 more specifically, and at lvl 70 it would simply be a face paced gameplay like it was before, meaning that actual skills and teamwork will win over items and such.

    4) I strongly disagree with these events. I honestly didn't mind the KE times, which was basically for me (mage) leveling at harpies/ravens or pking when I want to relax of the xping. As you said Mike, this will probably be the biggest populated server, but then again, you don't want to see it fall apart just because people see it being scattered, as in having a fraction of the population distributed within the 5 or so areas that are in the game. Simply CZ, morodon, EMC/LUF, eslant, abyss is all that's needed in my opinion.
    But lets say you guys go with this idea, having a Bifrost, an Eslant Dungeon would simply mean that you would need to implement the new items that were introduced in ROFD. Simply means more variety, and just falls even closer to the ROFD side, which I despise personally. Even if you were to modify the drops into any KE ones, what would that be? The only items I could think of that would be fair for drops off those, is the high class weapons/armors, like raptors, shards, shells and such. Dropping uniques in Bifrost and Eslant Dungeon... just doesn't sound fair does it? Continuing on, this is where the level cap kicks in. With level 70 sure you can do the Eslant Dungeon monsters easily, but for Bifrost... you simply wouldn't be able to do anything greater the Sloth. My finally opinion, is don't include any of these,... if you are really seeking for something to entertain the population, simply have some boss events, with not real bosses ofc, but maybe some extra implemented monsters that drop an assured high class weapon or armor (assuming that the high class weapons and armors are retail-like KE-wise, meaning that it will be quite difficult to find them, and even extremely hard to make them +7). This type of event will of course require GMs, and the monsters shouldn't honestly be overspawned, but simply giving at least half the population that attend the event to recieve at least 1 +1 high class weapon/armor.

    Also, good to see you again Mike, and hopefully we meet again if this comes out, whether you are with me or another clan .
    1) I played old KO and KE and yes, they probably were my best times memorably... but most of that wasnt due to the style of pk. It was mostly because of the people. I still remember when there were so many english speaking clans on ares that it would have been impossible to name them all. The lvl 75 cap admittedly would have an effect on pk, and would slow the pace down by a moderate amount especially if its easy to get max lvl. A lvl 72 cap would have hardly any effect on the pace of pk, however it would more severely punish warriors as they get no lvl 72 skill. So in that case I guess 70 cap would be more balanced.

    It's an extra 25 stats from 70-75 actually, u gain 5 per lvl remember. The reason I suggested 75 possibly is because warriors gain blooding at that lvl, and that makes the classes abit more balanced at lvl 75 than 72.

    TBH I would rather have the 70 cap myself for the class balance, but once again I am just throwing out ideas. Maybe a lvl 72 cap w/o lvl 72 skills eh? Once again just throwing out ideas :P

    4)You must realize when I say putting in these events that I mean the actual event and not just a bifrost zone that is open 24/7. If there were zones for bifrost and juraid that were just constantly open that would be the same as having Krowaz as it just steals players away from the other zones and makes the game feel empty and its harder to find parties or find ppl to pk against. Now the short events steal ppl from those zones for a short while and provide some sort of pvp action in most cases... so I cant see it as a detrimental aspect of the game. The thing we miss from KE is the quality of pk and high player population in CZ. This is why you see all those old KE pk videos and just are more entertained by them than now. Before RoFD there was shitloads of lvl 6x noobs running around that were easy kills. Bifrost in RoFD and Juraid from the Moradon expansion didnt destroy the pk quality in cz... tbh it was Ardream that ruined CZ pk as all those noob lvl 6x paper mages figured they'd just make a 59 rogue and be done haha. A short bifrost or juraid event once a day or so is not gonna destroy that quality of pk. Also the variety of weapons + changing up what it is your doing ingame makes it all the more enjoyable.

    I'd be glad to play with you again. Only time will tell tho, if they actually release a server :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Anyways, good points. Atleast most of them.


    Glad to see so much discussion. However (im addressing this to everyone), all u ppl should get one thing straight. We dont have to make this server like every other. We dont have to make ko look so boring as it was, on some aspects atleast.


    There has been general "good job guys" posts for 5 pages already. Now what should be done is start dreaming. DREAM PPL!


    Come up with rly wacco ideas, tell us what u WISHED ko would have, how things would/should work. Dont waste time thinking how fast u could lvl to max lvl, throw in ideas how to make it coolest and most nonboring thing evar!


    Tbh, most things COULD be put ingame, computergeekly speaking. Well, those that are like sensible tho. So dont hold back. Maybe u can oneday lvl up by pvping or getting exp from every move u do.
    WELL, putting new stuff into the game is a more tedious and difficult process than you would expect... because to really change up KO you'd have to add another event or something and that means editting the ebenezer, the exe, texts tbls and adding item and character models possibly.

    AS FOR IDEAS that I have, the first one isnt a very creative one BUT considering we will be running either a 1299 client or that 1310 half RoFD client I think it would be awesome if someone could figure out how to add some widescreen resolutions to choose from in the client like there are in Forgotten Frontiers on USKO. As in I have a 16:9 monitor that happens to be a 32" samsung flatscreen tv and I hate looking at a 1024x768 resolution stretched to 16:9 on that scale ._. Would be awesome if I could play in 1360x768 ;D I'm not sure how extensive the work would be in editting the exe and other client files to support that, but im sure it could be done.

    My second idea is more creative, and I dont know why I thought of it because I really dont give a fuck but it would be kinda cool to be able to choose what elemental is on your weapon. What I'm saying is that it would be cool if there was like a dispel scroll to change the elemental on weapons such as raptors, shards, and other weapons so that you could have the glow that is most to your liking xD For example I could use a scroll on my raptor to change it from poison glow to fire glow lol. And still be upgradeable btw cuz I know there are alot of those rare item ones with different elemental in the database ._. This shouldnt be too difficult considering it would only require to edit the ITEM_UPGRADE table in the db and then add the necessary scrolls to Charon in the db and client

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •