Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe 1) Having the ability to jump is simply pointless. Everyone was so excited to see that ...
Page: 7

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    1) Having the ability to jump is simply pointless. Everyone was so excited to see that jump was implemented in the FF version, and after a day they simply forgot it even existed.
    2) Soloing requires extreme skills in survivability, thus having to avoid parties of sorts. Giving people a pvp area where solo pk happens is do-able, but how is it fair for INT priests to solo pk? Or paper mages? Or massived warriors? Concluding that this area would simply be owned by rouges, who keep on gaining 50 NP constantly while those in the real CZ have to put up real party vs party fights and with 1 kill only receive the 13/14 NP. As you see, it simply isn't fair towards the ranking system as well. This idea is basically out of the questions as there is many more valid reasons why a solo pvp area is an unfair advantage to some. If you really want to prove that you are an amazing player, by all means, there will still be a inside arena where you can show your talent to others and defeat the people that you have desired to face. If you want to earn NP while soloing, well that 50 NP is valuable, and well you gotta work extra hard on your survivability in order to gain it.
    3) Interchangeable UI's will make the server more of an endangered zone as it will be easier for users with skillful programming to tbl edit files.
    4) A game, take Aion for example, has 8 classes, and do you know how long it took them to make the game? So just imagine how much work would have to be put in even to create one extra class. And don't even get me started on the skills,... we would need imagination to create what? about 20-30 skills for one class? Taking into consideration as well that this must be balanced out with other classes as well.
    5) People always did complain about the amount of quests, or in other words, mid-game content for leveling,... so personally on behalf of the admins I would say this should be one of the areas that you should expand your ideas. We all know, grinding those get boring,... there is those that can through it for a long time, but there is also some that simply want a change of events, in other words some fun quests to do. Expand your ideas on this topic, whether it would be killing a certain amount of mobs, killing a certain amount of the opposite nation players, even getting exp per kill of an opponent or whatever comes to mind.
    6) I don't know about you, but I certainly don't look at how my character looks. Certain games have height difference, but with that situation, certain heights have advantages and disadvantages, like lets say your character is bigger then most others then the damage intake would be smaller, or vise versa. I really don't think people care whether a detail in the face is changed or not... after all this isn't a high graphic game such as WoW, or any other newly released MMORPG.
    7) I think cheaper would be a good idea, but certainly not the point where it is less expensive to buy it from the NPC then to make it with a level 60 healer. Overall, I'm not sure on this one, but as for the weight of the pots, I know that especially in the KE version, being a mage for example and having a weight capacity of 500 or whatever the number is, is pretty irritating and therefore I do think that it is a good idea to decrease the weight of the pots, not to the point where people carry an infinite amount, as sometimes for example on isiloon if you are fighting an opposite nation clan for it, it sometimes turns out to be a tactic for those who run out of pots first. That is more for Felankor actually, but it happens with Isiloon sometimes. So just saying, that the weight should at least be halved from it's standard.
    You can jump in FF? I didn't know o.O
    wait you aren't talking about that shit with the spacebar are you?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    One of the long posts did mention that, and thus why people are mostly for the idea of a level 70 cap, and well some for the level 72 or 75 cap. But as said, for example for mages fire/ice/lighting armor aren't working properly, and I doubt any server has them working the way it's suppose to, so in my opinion the level 75 cap should be out of the question.
    wrong, SexyKO has them working correctly now. I do agree with nik in many ways tho, lvl 70 cap was when i had most fun, And to go to lvl 72 would just be unfair to warriors as they have no lvl 72 skills, BPs would get helis which would rape the shit out of everyone in KE and the server would be unbalanced, I do like the idea of complete lvl 70 cap, none of this new item and new zones, it just ruins private servers as it will become way to scattered and not enough people to pk or even exp with.

Take LostSoulz for example, back in the day when that first introduced 1299, there was like a constant of 500 people online, the exp was crazy as clans of opposing nations were fighting for the best exp spots, the pk was intense as it was usually one or two big clans taking on the opposing nation. Thats how it should be. Keep it simple before you move on to getting the new stuff in game - By that i mean, not one single private server has EVERYSKILL from 70+ working completely how it is ment to, nor the items working completely how they are ment to either. If you were to introduce this, the server would just be another private server run by people who are known well by the KO community, it wouldnt be anything special. But if you were to get Everything in your server to be working the way it is ment to, then that would be special and would attract more people to the server.

P.S NIK - if this server does go ahead, theReapers? bray here if ya didnt know.

KalaBunga Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by benson05 View Post

:-o its you

, pumaloco here

dam reading all this post makes me wanne play it today!

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    :-o its you

, pumaloco here

dam reading all this post makes me wanne play it today!
    shit, all theReapers are here haha yeah same man, i just wana play KE again, INT priest is calling.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    I wouldn't call that jumping, bet well ...
    yes, it's about that spacebar shit :P

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

In my current vision, most important part in on community. It rly takes not much effort from forum staff, webpage options and few tiny ingame modifications to cook up a insanely fun gamin experience.

One of the things i dislike the most when, watching my brother going to a new ko server page, is its same retarded looks and almost total lack of community gadgets. Well yeah u got a np rankings and whos online or not. But ffs, is that all intrawebs can offer? No!

CS and gms and whatever are kinda like ko4life signature even now. Tbh ko4life has helped more ppl over the years than monkeys in K2 automated cs centre all together. Anyone remembers the joke where a monkey was pulling the server down while admin was trying so hard to gyft INs to his babas?

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I hope this server is schrotti-free.
    Schrotti is a very nice man, don't make fun of him

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    wait you aren't talking about that shit with the spacebar are you?
    Well yeah, I was talking about the spacebar. Basically it was the most complex jump that K2 could come up with. But then again in the game there isn't many obsticles that in your way that require you do jump, it was simply for the fact that players can say "oh we got jump", or just to spam it and run creating that koxping-archer look-alike movement for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by benson05 View Post
    wrong, SexyKO has them working correctly now. I do agree with nik in many ways tho, lvl 70 cap was when i had most fun, And to go to lvl 72 would just be unfair to warriors as they have no lvl 72 skills, BPs would get helis which would rape the shit out of everyone in KE and the server would be unbalanced, I do like the idea of complete lvl 70 cap, none of this new item and new zones, it just ruins private servers as it will become way to scattered and not enough people to pk or even exp with.

Take LostSoulz for example, back in the day when that first introduced 1299, there was like a constant of 500 people online, the exp was crazy as clans of opposing nations were fighting for the best exp spots, the pk was intense as it was usually one or two big clans taking on the opposing nation. Thats how it should be. Keep it simple before you move on to getting the new stuff in game - By that i mean, not one single private server has EVERYSKILL from 70+ working completely how it is ment to, nor the items working completely how they are ment to either. If you were to introduce this, the server would just be another private server run by people who are known well by the KO community, it wouldnt be anything special. But if you were to get Everything in your server to be working the way it is ment to, then that would be special and would attract more people to the server.

Last time I played SexyKO was quite some time ago, and from what I remember fire/ice/lighting armors were casted as damage skills against other players and not casted on themselves. So I'm not sure if that ever changed, but even so, I still stick to the level 70 cap for the previous reasons stated.

PS. Yes I will be making theReapers again,... it's too bad I pretty much deleted all the contacts off msn from every KO player when I quit 6 months ago, so it will be hard to call back the old members, but I believe that world will get out in no time and we will have some back. But you can't expect every member to be the same like back then, it's always new ones coming, but you can expect us to be #1 again as usual , might be my ego talking, but never have I led a clan that's not #1 .

Nik u were the leader from TheReapers on ares?
    wasnt it grobs? ;o

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaCoX View Post
    Nik u were the leader from TheReapers on ares?
    wasnt it grobs? ;o
    Nope that wasn't me. I haven't played USKO until the start of Girakon, and at that point the end of MYKO. Basically theReapers that I was in on MYKO existed ever since the BETA times, so basically from day 1 of KO... and in that sense existed much earlier then the USKO Grobs' reapers. I'm not saying he stole the name, but this clan's origins are from MYKO, not the newer one from USKO (even thought it was a few years ago).

Validating

xp/coin/drop rates would be good if they'd be same as in USKO, else u play like month and get bored of game already

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Can the important posts get like stickys cus i cba to read through 7 pages.

needz infos!

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I've added theunbeatable as part of the projects team. People that want to make a difference , anyone that wants to help will be able to get involed.

Sergeant Senior Member AlwaysDown's Avatar

Definetly gonna try this 1 out. Been looking for a farm server for like a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I've added theunbeatable as part of the projects team. People that want to make a difference , anyone that wants to help will be able to get involed.
    What if i just want a purple name?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast