Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 365

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe There won't be any need for that, simply just put your idea out and we will ...
Page: 9


  1. #121
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    There won't be any need for that, simply just put your idea out and we will take it into consideration, and I'm assuming in a matter of time we will decide how the server is officially going to look like... and that way you won't have to read pages of posts, but just one big long look-alike-essay.
    ye im just wondering what pages the posts are from like felix with some information about the server so far.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    I've wanted ko4life to do this for a long time, but I never thought it'd happen. A lot of people quit ko and would come back if there was a server to play that didn't require months of lvling and could be trusted to be free of trojans,keyloggers.

    It'd be a good way for people who moved servers on usko to be able to play with their old friends again and a new way for people from different servers to play against eachother.

    As a lot of people are saying, I think the max level should be 70, with the rofd layout, which looks much nicer than KE's. It'd also be a way to get rid of ctrl minor which is always used on p servers.

    I don't think there should be a PUS where you can get weapons. It always makes pk for people who don't like to spend money on items 5x less fun. If there were to be a PUS, it should be similar to USKOs where it's more a power up store than a baba shop. The Skills should be lvl 70 max. If there are any 70+ skills, the only one should be hellis - not too powerful of a 70+ skill, one that rofd bps have gotten used to, and one that doesn't make the game uneven.

    There shouldn't be over-moderation of the game since it's going to be made for a community and not just one group of friends. Private server GMs often ban anyone who is questionable in pk, or that they or their friends don't like personally. If there are multiple GMs, they shouldn't be given the power to do w/e they want. They should act as game moderators more than anything else.

    Impersonators, players who take the names of other known players, should have there chars deleted or renamed. It should be easy to tell who's fake because a lot of the commonly impersonated players know about ko4life or have friends that do.

    Server status should always be updated if and when changes are being made. A lot of the times that private servers are being updated or are offline, people who don't know about the server are always making new posts and getting banned from the forums. Keeping the players informed on whats going on prevents this from happening and keeps players from quitting because of the downtime.
    People have to start understanding that CTRL minor is of no way exploitation of the minor healing. I am a mage so I couldn't care less whether or not there is CTRL minor, but I know for a fact that CTRL minor takes alot of skills to control, and most people can't accomplish the consistency of the soul pots with the minoring, thus making them drop even faster then using HP pots.

    Quote Originally Posted by xBABYx View Post
    The bad thing about all the private servers is like, when your hp does drop, you dont see it actually drop or something, no idea how i should explain it but i hate it, cause it makes me heal later and i dont know it might be lag..
    It has always been like that, even in the original servers during KE. There has been a problem where when you get Nova'd or Duffed that your hp bar on the side will completely fullfil the bar with one color or just flash, completely not knowing what's happening with the person's hp,... but it was fixed, thus just leaving it down to "the ping" of the hp bars. In that, meaning that lets say I do a damage skill on you, it will show 2-3 seconds afterwords on the hp bar of your party list. This simply requires the healers and the mages to be really skillful at their classes. This is why some of us old school players would say the KE pk was based on our "instincts". I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but for me, it was simply miracoulous coming from MYKO (KE version) to USKO (ROFD version) and having the hp bars that they have now, since it was the simplest thing to tp a person in USKO due to no latency in the hp bar, thus why I always would save people at like 100 hp or so... just because it was so simply.

    As I said this goes towards your skills as well, people in USKO relied too much on the hp bar and the TABing, but back in KE, you had your instincts and well of course a big part of it was careful observation in pk by clicking on the person you want to tp or heal and seeing whether it's needed or not. The most important way of seeing whether a person needs tp or not is by red balling.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    ye im just wondering what pages the posts are from like felix with some information about the server so far.
    The only information that I can say on behalf of Felix is that we will start developing it in 2010. As for anything other then that, we are waiting for the communities to response and then will taken into consideration and probably do whatever the majority of the community wants.

  4. #124
    Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Time to do some digging and learn MySQL!

  5. #125
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I'd say keep cz exactly how it was. The only thing that I would really want changed is the exp rate. The nicer capes are about the only thing I like from the post KE era.

    I also like the idea of premium as a way to deliver the exp boost, and while different levels (bronze, silver, gold) would be OK with me, a single tier of inexpensive premium would probably be best, maybe like $5 per month with an exp bonus of 200% or so and bonus nps...

    I personally am fine with scrolls being PUS-only because if you make them obtainable a different way, you'd have to balance it and make sure that scrolls are still worth something in in game currency.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Keep in mind if we do make it easier for the players to level then it is like in USKO, which will most likely happen, this would mean you would be already recieving additional amount of XP, thus having the USKO kind of premium would only mean double the XP addition if the XP rate is doubled. Hopefully you catch my drift, if not here is an example.
    Harpy = 10k xp (USKO)
    let's say we make the amount of xp recieved double then that of USKO so on ko4life KO Harpy - 20k xp

    Keeping it to the old premiums, bronze/silver/gold, gold being 30% additional xp, it would mean....
    10k + 10k*.3 = 13k (USKO)
    20k + 20k*.3 = 26k (ko4life)

    Meaning that it all depends on how much we increase the xp rate. We would simply look to balance it out and not make the premiums a major advantage in the game, but simply a power up in xping for those who have spend the certain amount of money to have to spend a little bit less time xping then those who decide to play for free.
    Maybe we won't even have to worry about this, as a much simpler way would be just to decrease the amount of xp needed to level. I forget how much but at level 60 you need some 80 million xp... so we might just go ahead and make it 40 million xp to level. These are all examples, and what might happen.

  7. #127
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Well, if you're doubling the exp already, then yeah 200% more might be a bit much, maybe 50% or 100% bonus xp for premium.

  8. #128
    PFC Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    MyFreeCams
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    .
    As I said this goes towards your skills as well, people in USKO relied too much on the hp bar and the TABing, but back in KE, you had your instincts and well of course a big part of it was careful observation in pk by clicking on the person you want to tp or heal and seeing whether it's needed or not. The most important way of seeing whether a person needs tp or not is by red balling.
    Yeah a good way to do the tp is having all ur party members in ventrilo so they can ask for a tp D:

  9. #129
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    People have to start understanding that CTRL minor is of no way exploitation of the minor healing. I am a mage so I couldn't care less whether or not there is CTRL minor, but I know for a fact that CTRL minor takes alot of skills to control, and most people can't accomplish the consistency of the soul pots with the minoring, thus making them drop even faster then using HP pots.



    It has always been like that, even in the original servers during KE. There has been a problem where when you get Nova'd or Duffed that your hp bar on the side will completely fullfil the bar with one color or just flash, completely not knowing what's happening with the person's hp,... but it was fixed, thus just leaving it down to "the ping" of the hp bars. In that, meaning that lets say I do a damage skill on you, it will show 2-3 seconds afterwords on the hp bar of your party list. This simply requires the healers and the mages to be really skillful at their classes. This is why some of us old school players would say the KE pk was based on our "instincts". I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but for me, it was simply miracoulous coming from MYKO (KE version) to USKO (ROFD version) and having the hp bars that they have now, since it was the simplest thing to tp a person in USKO due to no latency in the hp bar, thus why I always would save people at like 100 hp or so... just because it was so simply.

    As I said this goes towards your skills as well, people in USKO relied too much on the hp bar and the TABing, but back in KE, you had your instincts and well of course a big part of it was careful observation in pk by clicking on the person you want to tp or heal and seeing whether it's needed or not. The most important way of seeing whether a person needs tp or not is by red balling.
    The hp bar bug is something that was fixed on USKO and MYKO during KE. The reason you had latency on MYKO during KE in your case is because Malaysia's internet connection is crap and you just had bad lag. This is also the reason why the best players on those servers at the time were mostly malays ._. It's simply because of their low latency with the server. This is also a major contributing factor to the noobishness (is that a word? =X) of most turks They have high latency lag in general with USKO's servers ;P

    The hp bar problem is something that is fixed by the RoFD UI. This is why it would be nice to be able to have interchangeable UI's because some ppl prefer the KE UI, and more priests and mages will most likely prefer the RoFD one specifically for the better working HP Bars. Being able to change the UI offers no strategical advantage other than having the less buggy hp bars. It also requires NO TBL EDITTING, it's only dxt's and uif files so it isn't a security risk.

    I know someone was working on modifying the UI files in order to fix the hp bar problem with the KE UI by taking something from the RoFD one. Possibly just copying the health bar's skins. I figured it would have circulated by now. I'm gonna have to take a look into this


    *Also the problem with the ctrl minor bug is that most ppl use it when their in most danger of dying, and since as u said they can't control it with their soul pots, they just use when they got low health and just spam it as fast as they can so that they regain like 3k health in a matter of 2-3 seconds. So yes, it still is a problem that needs to be fixed on the server nik.
    Last edited by sir_locksley; 12-03-2009 at 09:12 PM.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    The hp bar bug is something that was fixed on USKO and MYKO during KE. The reason you had latency on MYKO during KE in your case is because Malaysia's internet connection is crap and you just had bad lag. This is also the reason why the best players on those servers at the time were mostly malays ._. It's simply because of their low latency with the server. This is also a major contributing factor to the noobishness (is that a word? =X) of most turks They have high latency lag in general with USKO's servers ;P

    The hp bar problem is something that is fixed by the RoFD UI. This is why it would be nice to be able to have interchangeable UI's because some ppl prefer the KE UI, and more priests and mages will most likely prefer the RoFD one specifically for the better working HP Bars. Being able to change the UI offers no strategical advantage other than having the less buggy hp bars. It also requires NO TBL EDITTING, it's only dxt's and uif files so it isn't a security risk.

    I know someone was working on modifying the UI files in order to fix the hp bar problem with the KE UI by taking something from the RoFD one. Possibly just copying the health bar's skins. I figured it would have circulated by now. I'm gonna have to take a look into this
    Yes that's what I have been told, and it probably is true, since I haven't played the KE version in USKO so wouldn't know how the hp bar was there during KE. As for the private server fix on this situation, from what I know people have got around by making the bar same as ROFD, but haven't fixed the lag on the bars. By all means, someone correct me if I am wrong.

  11. #131
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Yes that's what I have been told, and it probably is true, since I haven't played the KE version in USKO so wouldn't know how the hp bar was there during KE. As for the private server fix on this situation, from what I know people have got around by making the bar same as ROFD, but haven't fixed the lag on the bars. By all means, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Oh maybe I mixed up the lag with the problem with nova's and shit where the bar basically just goes to shit and you can't make a read on it D:

    If that's the case, and the lag hasn't been fixed... just go with the KE UI fuck it xD

  12. #132
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Right the PUS would be as USKO , they will be KC like it but you also need to remember you money is also going to be in part helping a charitiy of the cmunity choosing.

    The game will have options to donate but there will not be stupid things like boss summoing scrolls or wepons.

    If you want pk pk pk then take a moment to think. If everyone is geared and just pking how long is it before you get sick of running to the bowle. You need xp parties to raid , just like you need to raid the old farming spots.

    When I as leveling Felix in the days of OutKasteD and the AHM some of the most fun nights were doing xp and talkign to your friends and just chilling. A game like KO need a challange to make the rewards of PK and killing bosses that bit sweeter.

    Comunity lead , comunity run. This forum was once the voice of the game but you could never make the game right. Now we will allow the comunity to get involed with running the game but with the trust of the KO4life/Gamers4life staff having the power and responsibility of what happens.

    Now atm I am talking with Deville about the project as a whole. It is going to be big and take a long time to do. Ultimatley if he see's anyting he disagrees with then the devlopment team / programming team / admin team will have to fix the issue or the project will stop untill he is happy changes have been made.

    I am going to start a new forum deadicated soloy for a ko4life server. In the new year this forum will be restricted to member directly involed. I will make sure a weekly or monthly report will happen for the general comunity to see.

    Any features that we feel are very important like allowing Turkish ip's or donation costs will be put in this section with a poll so pople can place a vote.

  13. #133
    Senior Member WayneBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I have been waiting for this for a long time. I don't care how you set it up, all I know is that I will play it no matter what.

  14. #134
    Senior Member SkReEcH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nyc
    Posts
    86

    Default

    hope to get to know all of you soon !

    we will make this the best thing that ever happen in ko history !

  15. #135
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    When I as leveling Felix in the days of OutKasteD and the AHM some of the most fun nights were doing xp and talkign to your friends and just chilling. A game like KO need a challange to make the rewards of PK and killing bosses that bit sweeter.
    Yah, thats why I think the xp needs to be low enough to where it takes awhile to get to max lvl, and that way also ppl will be able to pk before their 70 or whatever the cap is. It also adds to the longevity of the server, because when ppl get to max lvl they ussually slowly but ultimately get bored of running bowl all the time.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •