View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll

89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

23 14.56%

11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

0 0%

13 8.23%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Okay basically this is the level cap poll, pretty self explanitory in my opinion. The few ideas we're throwing around ...
Page: 1

Default Poll - Level Cap

Okay basically this is the level cap poll, pretty self explanitory in my opinion.

The few ideas we're throwing around are starting with a 70 cap, moving onto an 80 cap followed by the 83 cap. Starting at 70 and staying at 70. Starting at 80 moving onto 83. Starting at 80 staying at 80 and finally starting at 83 staying at 83. This will help us to get an idea of what people would like

Edit: the --> symbolise an expansion. Also if you're going to put a reason in your post, please try and make it quite explanitory but without making silly comments. Thanks

Regards tabbycat

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

70 max..too much bugs with 80+ skills..
    and server is more balanced at 70 max.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

start at 70?? or at 80??

exp is fun with the homiess!!

dont take that awayy

Could you explain these "bugs" please.

Regards tabbycat

Not start, i mean capped. Always start @ 0. My bad for not making that clear.

Regards tabbycat

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post

Regards tabbycat
    by bugs I mean that the skills arent programmed correctly.
    I dont think there is any servers that got all the skills 70-83 to work properly. Mages got alot of skills in their master that dosent work, and its the same with rogues...dont know what its like now, but when I played you could attack with Magic Sheild from a distance and do 1k dmg for example

but ofc, since you guys are gonna suprise us I guess u already thought about this and are gonna fix it

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

from what I know, the 1310 server files that would support somewhat of a half RoFD expansion is still pretty unstable compared to the 1299 files. So the only logical way to go right now is a lvl 70 cap, or possibly slightly higher in the 70s without adding any lvl 70+ skills.

I know a lot of ppl think it would be weird to have a lvl cap at like 72 or 75 but thats just because ppl think seven-zero or eight-zero looks prettier ._. It really doesn't matter if its a multiple of ten, as long as the gameplay is balanced.

Out of these possible choices though, the lvl 70 cap is the ONLY viable option at this point. If any of you have ever worked with or paid attention while playing private servers you would have noticed the lvl 70+ skills aren't the same as they are in USKO. Developers try to make them as close to USKO as possible but they've yet to be successful at emulating them in a way that is completely balanced. One of the problems is the limits that the KE game engine places on what the developer can do with the skills. We could try working on a 1310 db and could put in the work to get lvl 70+ skills working and balanced, however I think our time would be better served elsewhere because Im sure most ppl are gonna support a lvl 70 cap anyways :P

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post

Regards tabbycat
    The quests in order to obtain the skills are not functional in KE, and/or with the server files present. Giving them away for free is a no go too.

The majority of the skills, do not work properly or not all.

Any skills after 70 heavinly imbalance the game, it'd require the entire ROFD set of items to somewhat compensate for it, which is yet again a no go as those items are a major fuck up.

Not to mention the extra 50 stat points you obtain by going from 70 to 80, it just makes it too easy, allows you to make wayyyyy too many errors in your gaming and yet still survive just about anything. This is the point where items > skills.

Where at 70, you have no buffer for errors otherwise you and eventually your party will kiss the ground, no 9k hp to save your butt from dying because your priest cant properly cast heals or your mage doesn't know how to TP. 60-70 is where the true fun lies in pk, you can easily beat overgeared players and parties just by being the better player on level 80? fuck that, they could fuck up their potting thrice or more times and most likely still take you on, how hard can it get to pot on a warrior with 6k mana or minor on a rogue with 5k mana?

Those reasons above and more are why ROFD and whatever patches came after are just a major fuck up and destroyed the game, everything became way too easy, the game started depending more on items than actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    The quests in order to obtain the skills are not functional in KE, and/or with the server files present. Giving them away for free is a no go too.

The majority of the skills, do not work properly or not all.

Any skills after 70 heavinly imbalance the game, it'd require the entire ROFD set of items to somewhat compensate for it, which is yet again a no go as those items are a major fuck up.
    The RoFD items aren't really fucked up. Since they don't have any unique skills like the Forgotten Frontiers expansion there is no reason they can't be added to the KE database and function properly. If implemented with a lvl 70 cap they don't cause any imbalance in the game either, their all just slightly stronger than their previous counterparts from old KO and KE. I wouldn't be opposed to adding items and events up to the Moradon expansion, so long as the lvl cap stays at 70 ._.

What you could do is launch a 70 cap in the start, whilst trying to fix "most" of the bugs with the rofd skills...then launch that a couple of months after..
    I havent seen any servers with all working skills yet, so it might be difficult

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    The RoFD items aren't really fucked up. Since they don't have any unique skills like the Forgotten Frontiers expansion there is no reason they can't be added to the KE database and function properly. If implemented with a lvl 70 cap they don't cause any imbalance in the game either, their all just slightly stronger than their previous counterparts from old KO and KE. I wouldn't be opposed to adding items and events up to the Moradon expansion, so long as the lvl cap stays at 70 ._.

Sorry what? Dread Shield? Personal Weapons? The class dependant earring thingies? Ring of Felankor?

Sorry what? Dread Shield? Personal Weapons? The class dependant earring thingies? Ring of Felankor?
    Yes? There are no real problems with them, they are easy to create in the db just as they are on USKO. And USKO's classes are balanced the overall pk just sucks because of the increased lvl cap which as you said.

stuff like that could still be earned, but later in the game..
    the best thing to keep players interested in the server is to add content continously. start off small, then add bifrost, juraid...
    but no to the lvl70 quest items

ps: there are different problems with adding in skills..thats the main problem going 83.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    Yes? There are no real problems with them, they are easy to create in the db just as they are on USKO. And USKO's classes are balanced the overall pk just sucks because of the increased lvl cap which as you said.
    No, I'm saying they imbalance the game. The rings, the earrings all the extra bonuses and stats are just increasing your hp and ac and resistances even more and more and more, thus being a major fuck up as we then again have the scenario of items > skills.

Banned Member

Listen to the nazi.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast