Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

KO4life Project - The Staff and Rules

This is a discussion on KO4life Project - The Staff and Rules within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; how hard is it to understand townspike? Town + Spike? Seriously?...
Page: 2

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

how hard is it to understand townspike?

Town + Spike? Seriously?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    how hard is it to understand townspike?

Town + Spike? Seriously?
    Can you tell me when he means by "
    If a GM spots a little shit ball spiking all the time we will reset their np, it's fucking annoying and finally we'll do something about it. "

Mr. Smartguy

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

If a GM spots a little shit ball spiking all the time we will reset their np, it's fucking annoying and finally we'll do something about it.

Idk where you get the " from..

Nice rules.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    If a GM spots a little shit ball spiking all the time we will reset their np, it's fucking annoying and finally we'll do something about it.

Idk where you get the " from..
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    OK Devile and I have been talking this morning/evening about GM's and other matters. Devile has told me he does not want GM's playing on this server and I have agreed I was not have an accont to play on. Both Devile and I therfore will GM but we will under no condition creat or make an account or play the game on a normal ( hittable , regular stats and items ) char.

Devile will be the head GM for KO4life , he will ensure none of the GM's do anything other than GM

Felix - Because I am responsable for the server ( it's in my name ) and because of my position as admin on here I am the other seniour GM. I will be covering the Europ time zone.

The 2 other devlopers will hold the rank of GM and luckily one is Devile close friend and the other is an old friend of mine so that is two for the Americas and 2 for Europe.

We are the only 4 people in the world that can access the server and edit things No one else can do this and Devile will work very closely with me to make sure nothing currpt happens.

We have been training up some ko4life staff to help out with the more basic duties required. If a GM spawns a single boss it gets logged instantly to a spread sheet and every action must be justified by these GM's otherwise Devile and I will not only remove their GM positiion but they will be stripped of any position here and most likely willl be banned.

Devile and I have also agree that being banned from the server or from here automatically get copied across to both side. There is has been a tolerance wirtten in the scripts incase it happend by accident.

The ip bann and block of Turkey will be carried over how ever Turkish players are welcomed with the use of a proxies to enjoy our service. After speaking with many other private server admins we feel the dangerus to us is too high to not take the precaution.

Champion Char - These are for the Kill the GM events in CZ , They will vary from being solo up to a few of them in a party of death. Devile has told me that to make things more fair that I most not use light feet as I will be using a sin as my class.

Legendary Char - From time to time I will be doing event where I will get well kniw and skilled players to make gues apperanes on the server. You will have a chance to either have a 1 v 1 again or the chance to PK for an house with the old and famous name. The chars will be made to the exact specs they had back in USKO KE the day before ROFD was launched. You will have to make a donation ( 100% of which goes to the charity of that month ). After the event is over the account deleted along with the items. These chars will alway be part of the KO4life All Stars Clans to advoid any confussion.

Constables - There will be people be selected to assist the GM with some of the bigger events and will be able to contact a GM in times of emergancey such as a server crash.

PUS - We will use the same model used by K2 for this. Trina's , Buff Scrolls , TP scrolls and the Wep and Armour scrolls the treeants drop. We will offer Premium which gives more xp and less is lost in death. No items are for sale no matter how much people beg and Devile and the devlopment team will check every day that no inject items have been logged. After the server rent is made EVERY penny goes to charity. No one makes a profit from this.

Market Section USD deals - In Keeping with the spirit of helping out people less fortuniate than us if you decided to do some USD deals we feel it is only fair that 10% of the toal sale cost will be donated to the monthly charity. If people are not prepaired to do this I think it is only fair you explain why you are more worthy than these charities to have the money and I will allow a public vote. If you lose the items/account as they will deleated. If you hold VIP on these forums you will be lower don a rank.

Customer suport - I am currently tring to work out how best address issues with billing / GM's / In Game / PUS. Due to the volume I get as I deal with the PR so far would you be kind enough to post a thread in a larger RED font and then send it to my inbox. This makes it a lot asier to spot and hopfully will get you answered. My real msn is [email protected] Remember many people have made copies of this using different letters. Ask me a question in msn and I will answer via te sites PM system.

KSing - We plan on having a good actity with our staff , anyone seen KSing will server and instant 3 day bann both on the server and the forums. 2nd Offence will be a 7 day bann on both forum and server. Finally 3rd time your account will be either perminatlety banned from the server and a 30 day suspention on here will be given. If it is someone who is high leveled and well gear I will not bann you but take off 75% of you levels and I will remove all your items bar you PUS items.

Bosses - As USKO there is no such thing as KS, the strongest will get the drop so don't bother crying over it. But with the quality of players we have I would expect some respect with bosses

CZ - NP transfering will obviously result in full terminsion of accounts on the server and here and ip blocks put into place. If a clan is caought doing it on a regulat occassion everyone in that clan will hae their np reset as punishment.

Also getting opisite fractions xp'd is perfectly fine as it is preventing them for getting an advanatage. So if you get raided and xp'd then go to eselant.

Obviously the standard ToS applies greatly to this but these are some tweaks I think are needed
    I already got my answer now.. so nvm
    Its not townspiking.

Banned

nvm, wrong thing xD
    nice rules love them

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

PUS - We will use the same model used by K2 for this. Trina's , Buff Scrolls , TP scrolls and the Wep and Armour scrolls the treeants drop.

2 questions..

1. Duration potions will be added to PUS?
    2. I dont understand the second sentence in the quote.. is it in reference to jingling/spamming a skill such as lupine or stealth to make you faster? If so, it should be bannable..

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Obviously the normal ToS apply ie the normal rules ect.

Ball spikign ie someone is redballing and someoen just comes a long and takes the kill from you. Sins are normally the worse offenders as they just follow you and then they jump in and spike your target.

Luring , if people are going to do that type of stuff then they should be ashamed of themselves. If you see someone KOXPing it is how ever your dutie to lure and get them killed. I'll find a fitting punishment for people who lure to fuck up drops or cause trouble.

1 v 1 's in CZ - We have on these forums so of the best know 1 v 1 players in the history and present of KO. you do not interfear with a V's. This is disrespecctfull and is not welcome on the server. If you must V's in CZ try to go off to a quieter area to do it , this way no acidental novas will effect the fight. If a player runs off because they are losing then obviously they become an open target.

People camping the Centure arena will have all the np reset on every char in their guild as punishment. I will then award a brain to any victims. If a clan is found a second time to be doing this their np will be reset and their gold will be removed , 3rd offense will result in clan leader suriving a a 30 day bann.

Inviting people to clan in moradon while they merchant and then taking them to the centure to take their money will result in the offending playin ghaving all his money given to the victims of this abuse. 2nd time will get the account deleated.

The language of the server is English and should be used at all time when merchanting or if you are the king/war leader you must always use English failure to do so will get you muted for a week. Repeated offences will result in a perminate muting in game.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

lol, I really like the rules alot.
    this server is gonna be awsome

wawh

"Ball spikign ie someone is redballing and someoen just comes a long and takes the kill from you. Sins are normally the worse offenders as they just follow you and then they jump in and spike your target."

Isn't that the whole point of being a sin? taking out the weakest target? lol...
    If you want to VS you go arena imo

/Begin_Rant

I just want you all to know, warp gates are a bitch.

/End_Rant

Everything related to this project is WIP (work in progress), including the rules. Consider this as a draft that will grow up and include more, remove/change rules in the near future.

Just keep in mind we want a server that is different, fun and fair. We don't want stupidly restrictive rules that will make gameplay boring, or need an army of GMs to enforce them.

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

well just get a good constable system workin and u dont need alot gms. there are more then enough experienced players and with a simple but fair constable scouting system you will reduce cheatin/bugabusing alot.

about rules just start votes and see what players want.

There are plenty of things you can put in work to limit the amount of cheating or corruption

1) Change GM R-hit to 1 instead of 30k, so he cant kill boss nor any mobs on his own
    2) Change the boss command spawns to something random and only give it to lead GMs
    3) Change the command to summon on someone or summon someone to you. That way he cant tp people around the map
    4) change someone zonesnumbers so he cant go overthere

To avoid NP transfer, you can create simple deadlog and put that up to your kopannel and make it viewable for everyone. Whenever someone kills like 4-5 persons in a row, everyone can see it and report. GMs just need to verify it then by running a simple query.

NP transfer in Caitheros, you can disable the moneygain/np gain overthere, its just command change in the ebenezer.

Oh ye whats that about not spking someone when hes redballing? You're joking on that I hope?

rules are going better and better!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast