Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

KO4life Project - The Staff and Rules

This is a discussion on KO4life Project - The Staff and Rules within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; OK Devile and I have been talking this morning/evening about GM's and other matters. Devile has told me he does ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Default KO4life Project - The Staff and Rules

OK Devile and I have been talking this morning/evening about GM's and other matters. Devile has told me he does not want GM's playing on this server and I have agreed I was not have an accont to play on. Both Devile and I therfore will GM but we will under no condition creat or make an account or play the game on a normal ( hittable , regular stats and items ) char.

Devile will be the head GM for KO4life , he will ensure none of the GM's do anything other than GM

Felix - Because I am responsable for the server ( it's in my name ) and because of my position as admin on here I am the other seniour GM. I will be covering the Europ time zone.

The 2 other devlopers will hold the rank of GM and luckily one is Devile close friend and the other is an old friend of mine so that is two for the Americas and 2 for Europe.

We are the only 4 people in the world that can access the server and edit things No one else can do this and Devile will work very closely with me to make sure nothing currpt happens.

We have been training up some ko4life staff to help out with the more basic duties required. If a GM spawns a single boss it gets logged instantly to a spread sheet and every action must be justified by these GM's otherwise Devile and I will not only remove their GM positiion but they will be stripped of any position here and most likely willl be banned.

Devile and I have also agree that being banned from the server or from here automatically get copied across to both side. There is has been a tolerance wirtten in the scripts incase it happend by accident.

The ip bann and block of Turkey will be carried over how ever Turkish players are welcomed with the use of a proxies to enjoy our service. After speaking with many other private server admins we feel the dangerus to us is too high to not take the precaution.

Champion Char - These are for the Kill the GM events in CZ , They will vary from being solo up to a few of them in a party of death. Devile has told me that to make things more fair that I most not use light feet as I will be using a sin as my class.

Legendary Char - From time to time I will be doing event where I will get well kniw and skilled players to make gues apperanes on the server. You will have a chance to either have a 1 v 1 again or the chance to PK for an house with the old and famous name. The chars will be made to the exact specs they had back in USKO KE the day before ROFD was launched. You will have to make a donation ( 100% of which goes to the charity of that month ). After the event is over the account deleted along with the items. These chars will alway be part of the KO4life All Stars Clans to advoid any confussion.

Constables - There will be people be selected to assist the GM with some of the bigger events and will be able to contact a GM in times of emergancey such as a server crash.

PUS - We will use the same model used by K2 for this. Trina's , Buff Scrolls , TP scrolls and the Wep and Armour scrolls the treeants drop. We will offer Premium which gives more xp and less is lost in death. No items are for sale no matter how much people beg and Devile and the devlopment team will check every day that no inject items have been logged. After the server rent is made EVERY penny goes to charity. No one makes a profit from this.

Market Section USD deals - In Keeping with the spirit of helping out people less fortuniate than us if you decided to do some USD deals we feel it is only fair that 10% of the toal sale cost will be donated to the monthly charity. If people are not prepaired to do this I think it is only fair you explain why you are more worthy than these charities to have the money and I will allow a public vote. If you lose the items/account as they will deleated. If you hold VIP on these forums you will be lower don a rank.

Customer suport - I am currently tring to work out how best address issues with billing / GM's / In Game / PUS. Due to the volume I get as I deal with the PR so far would you be kind enough to post a thread in a larger RED font and then send it to my inbox. This makes it a lot asier to spot and hopfully will get you answered. My real msn is [email protected] Remember many people have made copies of this using different letters. Ask me a question in msn and I will answer via te sites PM system.

KSing - We plan on having a good actity with our staff , anyone seen KSing will server and instant 3 day bann both on the server and the forums. 2nd Offence will be a 7 day bann on both forum and server. Finally 3rd time your account will be either perminatlety banned from the server and a 30 day suspention on here will be given. If it is someone who is high leveled and well gear I will not bann you but take off 75% of you levels and I will remove all your items bar you PUS items.

Bosses - As USKO there is no such thing as KS, the strongest will get the drop so don't bother crying over it. But with the quality of players we have I would expect some respect with bosses

CZ - NP transfering will obviously result in full terminsion of accounts on the server and here and ip blocks put into place. If a clan is caought doing it on a regulat occassion everyone in that clan will hae their np reset as punishment.

If a GM spots a little shit ball spiking all the time we will reset their np, it's fucking annoying and finally we'll do something about it.

Also getting opisite fractions xp'd is perfectly fine as it is preventing them for getting an advanatage. So if you get raided and xp'd then go to eselant.

Obviously the standard ToS applies greatly to this but these are some tweaks I think are needed

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    The ip bann and block of Turkey will be carried over how ever Turkish players are welcomed with the use of a proxies to enjoy our service. After speaking with many other private server admins we feel the dangerus to us is too high to not take the precaution.
    Good luck.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Good luck.
    Devile made the final call.

He said it is easy enough to log using a proxie to bypass the block and it prevent the DoS attack.

Devile made the final call.

He said it is easy enough to log using a proxie to bypass the block and it prevent the DoS attack.
    His decision is understandable, so I respect for his decision. However, turkish connection is very slow to use proxies for logging in, or playing. Probably it will be something we will skip doing, because our current connection speed is about 1/50 in comparison to European/Usa players, and usage of proxies will create ping issues, which will take away the fun of KO.

I know Devile prolly will not change his mind, but I would like to say something. There are currently few big KO private servers around, like SexyKO and EuropeKO. Almost every Turkish private servers players knows about these servers, including the lame Ddos'ers and Kocrash users. If they cannot take down these servers, they cannot do much to Ko4Life KO too, once you get decent developers, and everything starts to run properly once server goes live.

Anyway, wish you the best with your project. I hope you succeed it.

Felix you going to make more spot exp?

OMG u cant buy weapons and armors from PUS....I smell this server is goign to be best in a looooooooong time....

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Good job everyone.

Banned Senior Member

Nice i lyke it hehe

Really like those rules. Hope they will be used whole time.

nice rules, however you forgot to mention luring.. i think the rule on luring should some what be like this -

Luring on players should not be allowed, the only luring that should be allowed is luring a boss away from someone to steal it. However luring other mobs to get them/their priests killed should not be allowed.

Here is an example: sometimes we see our rivals killing a boss and already have it under half hp, the only way to take it off them as 1. get them killed by luring other mobs on them. 2. lure the boss away from them using rocks/binding and letting it get over half hp before jumping it to steal it from them.. I think number 1 is a bit sad and should not be allowed but number 2 should be fair game.

just my two cents.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    nice rules, however you forgot to mention luring.. i think the rule on luring should some what be like this -

Luring on players should not be allowed, the only luring that should be allowed is luring a boss away from someone to steal it. However luring other mobs to get them/their priests killed should not be allowed.

Here is an example: sometimes we see our rivals killing a boss and already have it under half hp, the only way to take it off them as 1. get them killed by luring other mobs on them. 2. lure the boss away from them using rocks/binding and letting it get over half hp before jumping it to steal it from them.. I think number 1 is a bit sad and should not be allowed but number 2 should be fair game.

just my two cents.
    luring mobs isnt very nice..
    but luring the boss away and try to steal it should be legal in my oppinion

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    luring mobs isnt very nice..
    but luring the boss away and try to steal it should be legal in my oppinion
    yea that's the point i was trying to get across.

Cool

If a GM spots a little shit ball spiking all the time we will reset their np, it's fucking annoying and finally we'll do something about it.
    I dont get this? you mean TownSpike - Spike/town?
    Also, is there any rule on vsing in cz?

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Jesus I so want to see spiketowns again!

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post

I think that's the vs-rule? when ur vsing someone and a third guy comes and finishes you/ur opponent off.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast