Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

KO4Life Server on hold

This is a discussion on KO4Life Server on hold within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; First off, I want to apologize for the lack of information this last week about the server, the reason behind ...
Page: 1

Default KO4Life Server on hold

First off, I want to apologize for the lack of information this last week about the server, the reason behind it is that we had no information to provide you with. As you can tell from the subject of this thread, something went wrong with the company developing our KO Panel. I'll be completely honest with all you guys, you have been supporting us for months and now we fail to deliver.

As you know, we had several issues developing a secure KO Panel, hence, we hired professionals to take care of it, at a much higher expense. This is how we came up with the March 27th server release date. I won't go into details here, but bottom line is, this company failed to provide the KO Panel in the agreed time.

I take full responsibility for this since I'm the one who decided to take over the KO4LifeKO project and chose the company that would design the KO Panel. Sadly, this project was announced too early and throwing money at it was not the solution. Almost USD$ 1K has been invested into this project because of the initial bad planning and poor deadline establishment.

Now, I'm pretty sure you are asking yourself, why is it so damn difficult to release this server since there are plenty of servers out there that usually get launched within a week? The answer is that we decided to go for higher standards. In terms of security, customer support, availability and performance. Our staff has very old school players and ex K2 GM's who know the only way to make KO the game it should have been is to provide a very different service, one with higher standards and not just go with what all the other servers provide, even worse, we didn't want to end up getting hacked after a few weeks.

That was the one and only condition I had before I got involved with this project, and I was sure we could finish this project even with all the bumps we had on the road. I was very committed to this project to the point where I spent quite a bit of my own money on it.

Right now we can't provide a date for the release of the server. I don't want to come up with a random release date and fail to deliver once again or deliver some crappy server not worth playing in because of security, or service limitations. All said, the staff rather place the project on hold, re-evaluate things and then see if we will continue or not. The staff really wants to continue and finish the project, but we can't expect you guys to still be waiting.

If we decide to continue, we will provide information when we are 100% sure we can deliver within the deadlines we set without leaving loose ends. We will take some time to think this through and see what our options are.

I apologize once again for making you guys wait all this time and not be able to deliver. I'm very upset and disappointed about this whole thing, but there's nothing we can do right now to release the server in time and I believe is just better to stop and restructure than keep trying to pull off a last minute miracle by throwing more money at it.

I don't expect you guys to understand this. You have every right to be angry at us. I just wanted to be completely honest with this community. That's the least we could do.

Understandable.
    (/vince_mcmahon -LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!)

We understand.

Someone buy me a ps3 (and a nice tv to go with it)

Buy me a PS3 as well, so i can play

Needed moar time anywayyyyyyyy.

Take your time .

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    gogogo knight imperia kankas
    You already told us =S

Banned Senior Member

i am happy for the honestly and beside i didnt start the gamethis thread make me give a chance no kidding you be proud of be honest devile honestly is missing from our days and believe me its 1 of the most important things of a mans personality...

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I honestly wouldn't mind playing with a ko panel just like every other server, at least while you guys work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind playing with a ko panel just like every other server, at least while you guys work on it.
    That would be too risky i guess

knubbiz

Sad to hear, but thanks for telling us.. I'll wait as long as it takes. i rly hope it will be on someday

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

possible to launch a diff panel then change?
    wow this sucks so meny people going to quit
    their will be people back obviously but come on dude?
    u guys couldn't give us a heads up befor time?!? u knew all this time their was a problem
    letting people get excited.. kinda just got our hopes down

this really isnt a good start
    u guys are looking alot like k2
    and for u to not give us another date is terrible :S

just speaking my mind now i gotta go be with girlfriend all weekend Thanks!!!
    Last edited by griml2eaper; 03-26-2010 at 06:44 PM.

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I wouldn't mind it either, I'm sure there's things they can do to make it "temporarily" secure while they continue working on it or getting help from someone else other than the company they hired to secure it.

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    Considering it's a server released by KO4Life, I honestly have a hard time believing that many people will quit. I think mostly everyone knows that once it is launched, the community this forum has is far superior than any other private server out there, and so many players will come from either other private servers, USKO, or come out of "KO retirement" to play on this server.

Oh well, guess I'll just continue playing DotA until there's more news on the launch of this server.

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    Hao meni peepil?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-17-2022, 04:30 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    03-23-2012, 09:12 AM