Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

KO4Life Server on hold

This is a discussion on KO4Life Server on hold within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by DoomBringer First of all, admins are taking atm legal action against company who delayd work, which is ...
Page: 16

hoody

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    First of all, admins are taking atm legal action against company who delayd work, which is actuly holding serverfrom opening...
    So please if you don't know anything don't even talk crap.
    And KI is worst serv ever, I don't care if there is lots of pplz but 25% of them are hacking... As aristona said you do get rid of koxpers/haxers within an hour. There was like 1 hacker koxping in same spot for 10 hours.
    And idc what u say nexy cuz KI staff is unexperienced and retarded.

people getting hacked because they use same password on every private servers or share their passwords.we do ban koxpers every hour.you can call us unexperienced but if you see we do open server without any problems crashes.and holding it over 3 months.

as an adult person i am not going to argue with estonian kidos.
    Wish they teach you how to act like a person in elementary school.

Rodrane

Rainey

If they are takeing legal action against company (court and shit) then gool luck waiting for server. It take minimum 1 year to clear all that in court.

hoody

they don't have copyrights of Knight Online Database and server files.Private servers are theorically illegal.taking legal action for an illegal project ? thats bullshit.

When will players realize that makers of Private Servers are just people... They aren't a professional company like K2 (im supporting both Ko4life Project members and other people who make private servers). Sure there are ones that are a lot better than others but when you break it all down, they are just people ^.^

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

When ko4life server project started up, there was a pretty thorough coverage on whats n' hows. Simply put: haaaaaaahhahahalulz, legal suit my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
    If they are takeing legal action against company (court and shit) then gool luck waiting for server. It take minimum 1 year to clear all that in court.
    Actually I want Devile to take his money back, because basicly seems like the company scammed them. However, if you include laws, I don't think there is much you can do, except asking for getting lawyer payments from other company when you win the action, otherwise you will lose even more just for the lawyers.

There is a possibility the hired company may strike you from the behind and try to surface your illegality. (All private servers around are illegal since MGames holds the copyright, so it is better to stay away from courts at any time, things may go worse for you.) Basicly it's like this: "I paid someone to copy PayPal website for me and I was going to scam people with it! but he took my money and went away..." In the end you may get your money back from the company but you will find yourself in a bigger trouble.

Just my 2 cents.

Banned

i don't think that they are that stupid to do that...

its just another excuse for their delays and no info...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I covered what is going on in a different thread but I will try and bring up a few things here that have grabbed my attention.

Devile is in the process of take action against the company who were exmployed to make a pannel with an agreed timeframe. They failed to do this and have been impossible to get hold of with regaurds to it all.

Hoody , from your tone in one of your recent posts you are flaming how we run things here. I have been very polite and supportive towards your very own server and I would not go on your forums and criticise the apparent flaws with how your managing your own site and server. You are here to advertise your own server in effectivly an area that is strictly about the ko4life server, it's not needed and you are just stoking the flames even more. Please refrain from doing so again in this area.

The one thing everyone keeps raising is the lack of communication between the project team and the forum. Orginally I was trying to do this but it was putting adverse pressure on the team and people were having to sort it out ( this is one reason why I am not involed with the team ). I always see the GM area when I log onto my admin account as it's sat under the admin section of the forum. It's been very quiet and everyone is waiting for the final part of the puzzle before they can go live. With the compeative and cut throat nature of the KO cumminity ko4life could never trust an outsider to make such a massive security element for us. Give it a couple of months and god knows what could happen, this is why Devile went for a company outside the community to protect ko4life from any risk. I have a personal intrest with this as Devile and I are the owners of the gaming server and if it got hacked I would mean our personal info including credit cards and bank info can potenially be taken. I've already had to go through a $4000 fruad case once because of KO and I do not want to do it again. The team themselves do not have the right skills to make a pannel good enough so this is why there is so much of a stale mate.

I try to do my best to find out stuff for people but Devile and I agreed for me to look after the forums like I have been for all these years and the others have been more involed with the server. I do not have the skills or the desire to do it so I am not what the team needs , also the time zone difference makes it a pain in the arse. As I said before alot of problems orginated from me starting this off all wrong and Devile has ended up trying to fix a mess I caused from my slack approach. The one thing I did do properly was find legual loop holes and any possible threats from prosicution which is why ko4life is based on a much earlier client. I am happy to talk to anyone on a 1 to 1 basis about this and explain the techical side of the law and how we can operate with no threat of a law suit.

As I am not spending much time on the forums for a few months I am not answering people as often as some have come accustom to. I apologise for this but as always I cleared my absence up with Devile so he knows why I am not about. Plodoze and Cama are still being pretty active but I am unsure where the others are , best bet would try IRC as most of the guys reside there. I hope this has helped shed a little light on things.

All the best Felix

hoody

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I covered what is going on in a different thread but I will try and bring up a few things here that have grabbed my attention.

Devile is in the process of take action against the company who were exmployed to make a pannel with an agreed timeframe. They failed to do this and have been impossible to get hold of with regaurds to it all.

Hoody , from your tone in one of your recent posts you are flaming how we run things here. I have been very polite and supportive towards your very own server and I would not go on your forums and criticise the apparent flaws with how your managing your own site and server. You are here to advertise your own server in effectivly an area that is strictly about the ko4life server, it's not needed and you are just stoking the flames even more. Please refrain from doing so again in this area.

The one thing everyone keeps raising is the lack of communication between the project team and the forum. Orginally I was trying to do this but it was putting adverse pressure on the team and people were having to sort it out ( this is one reason why I am not involed with the team ). I always see the GM area when I log onto my admin account as it's sat under the admin section of the forum. It's been very quiet and everyone is waiting for the final part of the puzzle before they can go live. With the compeative and cut throat nature of the KO cumminity ko4life could never trust an outsider to make such a massive security element for us. Give it a couple of months and god knows what could happen, this is why Devile went for a company outside the community to protect ko4life from any risk. I have a personal intrest with this as Devile and I are the owners of the gaming server and if it got hacked I would mean our personal info including credit cards and bank info can potenially be taken. I've already had to go through a $4000 fruad case once because of KO and I do not want to do it again. The team themselves do not have the right skills to make a pannel good enough so this is why there is so much of a stale mate.

I try to do my best to find out stuff for people but Devile and I agreed for me to look after the forums like I have been for all these years and the others have been more involed with the server. I do not have the skills or the desire to do it so I am not what the team needs , also the time zone difference makes it a pain in the arse. As I said before alot of problems orginated from me starting this off all wrong and Devile has ended up trying to fix a mess I caused from my slack approach. The one thing I did do properly was find legual loop holes and any possible threats from prosicution which is why ko4life is based on a much earlier client. I am happy to talk to anyone on a 1 to 1 basis about this and explain the techical side of the law and how we can operate with no threat of a law suit.

As I am not spending much time on the forums for a few months I am not answering people as often as some have come accustom to. I apologise for this but as always I cleared my absence up with Devile so he knows why I am not about. Plodoze and Cama are still being pretty active but I am unsure where the others are , best bet would try IRC as most of the guys reside there. I hope this has helped shed a little light on things.

All the best Felix

I wasnt really involved to the things happen here.as you've seen we do not let anyone to talk about any other servers in our forums.doesn't matter they are good or bad.
    but here specially in this topic people discuss about Knight Imperia more than Ko4life.its kinda disappointing whenever I log here I know someone probably blamed us and mods/admins do nothing about it.

we don't really see ko4life project as an enemy or competition.but people likes to compare us with ko4life project just because most of players are in common.

Hopefully it comes out whenever its ready and those who have the spare time will enjoy it. I know i will. Good things are worth waiting for...

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    you are an idiot then...
    Nope, I'm not. I just want some competition.. btw do you play KI? do you know me? you've better do some research before lol..

About KI, the server is pretty good, the only problem is the people with crappy time zones like me, I have to stay up late night and i really prefer waking up early and go jogging or practice kickboxing anyway that's out of topic.

Ko4life staff keep going, as I said before there is a lot of people waiting patiently and hoping that everything will be alright.

Adios.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Hopefully it comes out whenever its ready and those who have the spare time will enjoy it. I know i will. Good things are worth waiting for...
    Amen to that.
    But as we can see many people don't know what WAITING is.
    They expect everything will be done it 1-5days, which is nonsense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Amen to that.
    But as we can see many people don't know what WAITING is.
    They expect everything will be done it 1-5days, which is nonsense.
    What you talking about, people dont know what waiting is?
    People waited a month for the first release date and then more then another month for the second.
    Ofc they are disappointed and go join other servers because they have never been informed between the timelines whats happening.

Rainey

Quote Originally Posted by IamStillAlive View Post
    What you talking about, people dont know what waiting is?
    People waited a month for the first release date and then more then another month for the second.
    Ofc they are disappointed and go join other servers because they have never been informed between the timelines whats happening.
    Amen to that. xD

Banned

you know what's sad??

ko4life project team: no comments on release date, no word for months..
    k2 networks: coming soon!!

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-17-2022, 04:30 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    03-23-2012, 09:12 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    02-06-2012, 04:40 PM