Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

KO4Life Server on hold

This is a discussion on KO4Life Server on hold within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by GameOnAMigit I seriously don't understand why you would cancel out this entire project, 1k usd has been ...
Page: 5

Quote Originally Posted by GameOnAMigit View Post
    I seriously don't understand why you would cancel out this entire project, 1k usd has been put into all of this
    When you fail to meet your project requirements by a certain deadline, its usually best to cut your losses. Continuing to throw money at it likely will gain no progress, and cost you even more time and resources. Re-evaluating the scope of the project and starting over fresh, while retaining some things from the failed project, might be a viable option for them. Again that will cost a lot of time/money, and at this point they might not feel its wise to invest it into something that again won't be a guarantee.

I think it is pretty obvious that these guys had a distinct vision and had specific requirements for their project. Solutions that don't fulfill these things aren't really solutions. They might not be very different to the users but to the developers it just isn't what they want.

It would probably just be best to sit back and relax and see where they go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    they're good , but also they're jelous with their work ( some ppl will get it ) , end of my post i wont get flamed.
    Yet I still continue to sell it for $50 (i.e. cheap enough for virtually everyone) to almost anybody who asks.

If the problem is purely the panel, for beta purposes, you could:
    - use auto-registration,
    - manually setup accounts for a specific number of people (i.e. a closed beta scenario),
    - or just setup a simple registration page; one point to focus on, there's not much to go wrong with that (if you know what you're doing anyway).

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Yet I still continue to sell it for $50 (i.e. cheap enough for virtually everyone) to almost anybody who asks.

- use auto-registration,
    - manually setup accounts for a specific number of people (i.e. a closed beta scenario),
    - or just setup a simple registration page; one point to focus on, there's not much to go wrong with that (if you know what you're doing anyway).
    The KO Guru has spoken.

I forgot all about auto registration, that would be perfect to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SnEaKy View Post
    The KO Guru has spoken.

I forgot all about auto registration, that would be perfect to do.
    totally agree. Keep going guys. You have the support of most ko4life and regular KO players. Those random noobs that keep crying are the ones that have nothig better to do ..
    Have a hack-free server is what everybody wants.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

trance addict Senior Member sommarblond's Avatar

Don't blame urself, take the time needed to make the best server. Don't mind all these mother fuckers that do nothing more then flaming, there's tons of other servers they can play meanwhile. I rather have a perfect server then a shitty unstable server that will last for 1 month like the rest of the current ones.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if you put this whole project on hold because most of the people here just cursing on the server. I know I would, why do something for the community for free, and even spend money to make it perfect while they are only flaming.

I rather wait even a year for this server until its ready to be released then you will release it buggy as hell.

Seriously guys, support the KO4Life team or FUCK OFF!

Wow....
    My and friends and me have been waiting so long for this day and now we can't play? Next time don't tell us the release date so we wouldn't be that angry now. I just know more than 30 people who want play on this server just because of this shit. -.-"

Ofcourse i did wait alot that it would launch today but, its always better that things will be done well and everything works. We all do wait this server alot but life isnt fair always so just be patient with this. Game developers are doing their best and if you are starting to complain try to make this good server your self. Its not easy task to do and also Ko4life is large and old forum with alot players so they do have alot pressure with this.

MinuteMaid

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post

- use auto-registration,
    Go Go help with the panel twostars ;O

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Ima have to use a capital k and 2 in this reply for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I have to say 99% of this is my fault
    No its not. Dont fool urself and others.

AlienBratek

You should send them the beta's snoxdko panel, i suppose it was self made one and was a safe one! main word for today - cooperating

looking forward for positive news, greetings everyone

Rainey

Hahahahaa. I am 95% sure this server will fail, when it come out. As i told earlier, this server come out too close to summer. This was too much for me (so noone may not bitch with me).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawoos View Post
    waow, this sucks. Would much rather just use one of the panels that alredy exists and secure it or whatever. I'm very dissapointed.
    +1. very dissapointing.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
    Hahahahaa. I am 95% sure this server will fail, when it come out. As i told earlier, this server come out too close to summer. This was too much for me (so noone may not bitch with me).
    WOOW, *bitch slap* you're seriously retarded. And probaly in summer most pplz got time to play xD & IT WON'T FAIL, you know why, because there will be great peepz out there & rly good staff working on this server.
    And for you Rainey, grow up your acting like 5 years old douche.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

guys.. think about it this way. u haven't spent ANY amount of $ on this yet. it could've been worse. it could've been like.. oh a shitload of you spent a shitload of $$ on premium n suddenly devile runs away wif the money because the server collapses due to hacking etc. but NO.. they are NOT starting the server without making sure it is worth starting. it could be a blessing in disguise so chill.

ofc if ur rotting in life just waiting for this server i suggest- don't. do other sutffz in teh meantime.

waiting kopanel;p

i just bought prepaid to wow. any1 playing burning legion ally ?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-17-2022, 04:30 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    03-23-2012, 09:12 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    02-06-2012, 04:40 PM