Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ll we have a 1600x900 resolution ?

This is a discussion on ll we have a 1600x900 resolution ? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by jatokor But still working , ressolution isn't most important... It's quite annoying, WS gives way more space ...
Page: 2

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by jatokor View Post
    But still working , ressolution isn't most important...
    It's quite annoying, WS gives way more space to see things.
    Black bars make a 22" 16:10 screen smaller than a 19" 4:3 screen.

And somebody said that OurKO supports WS resolutions, then I see no reason why ko4lifeKO wouldn't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by grzequ View Post
    It's quite annoying, WS gives way more space to see things.
    Black bars make a 22" 16:10 screen smaller than a 19" 4:3 screen.

And somebody said that OurKO supports WS resolutions, then I see no reason why ko4lifeKO wouldn't be able to.
    OurKo supports WS i could play it in 1600x1080 .. and when i play ko4life ko i got a 4:3 screen also rest is just black! which is quite annoying..

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    OurKo supports WS i could play it in 1600x1080 .. and when i play ko4life ko i got a 4:3 screen also rest is just black! which is quite annoying..
    1600x1080 is an odd resolution :P

1600x1000 would sound right. Standard ones are better though, most computer WS LCD screens have a native resolution of 1920x1200 / 1680x1050 (most common) / 1440x900 (the small ones).
    Running an unnative resolution makes fonts harder to read.

And until WS is possible, it'd be nice to be able to run 1400x1050, 1200x900 except for the ones already included, due to the native resolution issue.

1600x1080 is an odd resolution :P

1600x1000 would sound right. Standard ones are better though, most computer WS LCD screens have a native resolution of 1920x1200 / 1680x1050 (most common) / 1440x900 (the small ones).
    Running an unnative resolution makes fonts harder to read.

And until WS is possible, it'd be nice to be able to run 1400x1050, 1200x900 except for the ones already included, due to the native resolution issue.
    Doh my bad it is 1680x1050 hehe, dont mind me! a bit hungover today and im trying to work at the sametime xD

Whut

yeah and u realllyy need high resolution for the amazing graphics of KO ><

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by Whut View Post
    yeah and u realllyy need high resolution for the amazing graphics of KO ><
    You don't get it do you? Does windows xp have amazing graphics? No. Does higher resolution help? Yes.

Higher resolution isn't only for making graphics more detailed. There simply will be more space on your screen in high res.
    Open inventory fills almost half of your screen when playing in low resolution.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

There's no such thing as wide screen aspect ratios for this games current engine. Whoever said OurKO has it, you are incorrect. All they did was copy USKO's option.exe over with the OPTION to let you choose it, however they do NOT work - in fact all it does is set your resolution to a default of 1026x768. Wide screen itself works perfectly fine, some may experience a boxing with their display, though that's correctable by setting up your monitor.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    There's no such thing as wide screen aspect ratios for this games current engine. Whoever said OurKO has it, you are incorrect. All they did was copy USKO's option.exe over with the OPTION to let you choose it, however they do NOT work - in fact all it does is set your resolution to a default of 1026x768. Wide screen itself works perfectly fine, some may experience a boxing with their display, though that's correctable by setting up your monitor.
    Setting up your monitor to make non-ws resolution look like ws is pretty stupid though. All it does is make everything wider than it actually is supposed to be.

If the engine doesn't support it, then I guess much can't be done. Are you able to add custom 4:3 resolutions then, to match native resolutions of WS screens (1400x1050 and 1200x900)?

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Setting up your monitor to make non-ws resolution look like ws is pretty stupid though. All it does is make everything wider than it actually is supposed to be.

If the engine doesn't support it, then I guess much can't be done. Are you able to add custom 4:3 resolutions then, to match native resolutions of WS screens (1400x1050 and 1200x900)?
    Doubt it'd support anything else than the presets but you can always try, just open up Option.ini and set your custom resolution yourself. Using a native 1650x1080 resolution and playing 1600x1200 works out perfectly fine, barely stretched - in fact not stretched at all. There's absolutely no difference to it.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    Doubt it'd support anything else than the presets but you can always try, just open up Option.ini and set your custom resolution yourself. Using a native 1650x1080 resolution and playing 1600x1200 works out perfectly fine, barely stretched - in fact not stretched at all. There's absolutely no difference to it.
    The ammount of streching will always be the same, no matter what the resolution is.

Running 1400x1050 is native res for 1650:1050 when boxed to 4:3. 1600x1200 will need downscaling.
    Sucks that KO engine has serious limitations when it comes to this.

There's one more thing that bugs me. The avaiable presets are 1024x768, 1280x1024 and 1600x1200. The aspect ratios of first and third preset are 4:3, however 1280x1024 has an aspect ratio of 5:4. If all of the presets actually work, wouldn't that mean that the client is actually able to render ratios different than 4:3?

xiahou_yuan

lol if you've got vista it auto-adjust the screen so the full screen is used, atleast that's what my pc and laptop have been doing on all the servers I played

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    lol if you've got vista it auto-adjust the screen so the full screen is used, atleast that's what my pc and laptop have been doing on all the servers I played
    lol
    is it really so hard to understand that pixels can't just magically come from nowhere?
    Hell, I've even made a couple of pictures for you:
    4:3

4:3 on a 16:10 screen with black bars

"auto-adjusted" 4:3 res to fill a 16:10 screen

the real deal - 16:10 (most common ws aspect ratio)

now, do you understand why streching is pointless and doesn't give you any benefits at all?
    it only brings disadvantages like higher mouse sensibility in the X-axis.
    Last edited by grzequ; 01-15-2010 at 09:31 PM.

xiahou_yuan

mate I dunno if you drunk, but my laptop and pc have diff resolutions, and they both show the same thing, without and black parts or missing parts , I never asked pixels to jump out of nowhere, I only said vista auto-adjust , maybe you too retarded to understand I meant vista automatically goes into 1026x768 mode.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    mate I dunno if you drunk, but my laptop and pc have diff resolutions, and they both show the same thing, without and black parts or missing parts , I never asked pixels to jump out of nowhere, I only said vista auto-adjust , maybe you too retarded to understand I meant vista automatically goes into 1026x768 mode.
    goddammit. since I've got nothing better to do right now, I won't lose my hope in you yet.

your pc:

your laptop right now

your laptop (IF WS res would somehow get implemented)

and yes, you should be able to see more on your laptop screen than on your PC screen, because that's what WS is for.
    With streching (auto-adjustment) you are not able to see more.

xiahou_yuan

the only thing widescreen function would do is make it look better, but it won't let you be able to see more.
    I meant "without ANY black or missing parts" in my previous post..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast