Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My thoughts and Ideas for the Ko4life server

This is a discussion on My thoughts and Ideas for the Ko4life server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I think that the server is a great idea, and will be a lot of fun if it is managed ...
Page: 1

StarBux

Default My thoughts and Ideas for the Ko4life server

I think that the server is a great idea, and will be a lot of fun if it is managed even slightly better than the real KO.

These are some Ideas that would personally make the server more fun for myself.

Competition:
    In order for this server to be really fun it needs to be really competitive. Im guessing that many good players who got fed up with the real KO, with all its hacks and stupid updates will give this server a try. Which should help to make it competitive. But will that be enough? One large problem I see on the real servers is that their is often a clear dominant side, as in orcs or humans. The dominant side then gains more players and population in general. This makes for bad wars, and often bad PK. Forcing people to be orc or human is not really fair, and im not sure if it is even possible. I think i remember seeing nation transfers in the power up store for this server. I think that they should be relatively cheap to nation transfer so that it will be easier for players to switch sides to create more competition.

Upgrading and Max upgrades:
    Another thought I had was the rebirth system. I know a lot of people don't like it because then everyone is running around with a glowing weapon. I am not even sure if it would be possible to add the rebirth system into this server, let alone the way i am going to suggest.

The server would be more fun for me personally if the rebirth system was introduced. However instead of being able to rebirth at +7 it would start at +8. Now this may seem stupid because weapons already have a special damage aura at +8. Well my idea is that you could go from RB+5 to RB+8. RB+8 being the max upgrade. RB+8 is obviously better than normal +8, but it is not so much better that it destroys competition. Now you may say a +8 user can kill a +9 user if they are skilled enough, and while this is true I am expecting this server to have a lot of skilled players. So even if you are very skilled, chances are the other person with the +9 item(s) will be too.

Rebirth + 8 weapons:
    The best a dagger could be at RB+8 would be 109 AP, equivalent to that of a MD+9. Of coarse that would be an exceptional shard, which would be very rare in and of its self. It would be hard to get one to +8, and then to +8 RB.

The best a 2H spear for a warrior would be 195 AP, about equal to a +9 glave, but an exceptional Raptor, which just like the shard would be rare.

I don't know about other weapons, I just wanted to give a few examples.

Rebirth Upgrading:
    For rebirth up grading I don't think there should be any tears of karibdis, making it very hard and risky to even attempt to go to +6RB.

Obtaining Rebirth Scrolls:
    To increase the rarity of Rebirth items even further I think that RB upgrade scrolls should be a very rare drop only from bosses in CZ, or in abyss. And RB transformation scrolls should be even rarer drops.

I think that this would give many players a large challenge. Also I know many people find upgrading and the challenge of upgrading a very fun aspect of KO, and this would provide for more of that, while not creating any weapons that are "super" weapons.

Unique combining:
    I am unsure if this is even possible on this server. If it isn't I think it should be, but only to a certain extent. That extent is +1 uniques, no +2 or 3's. +1's are not exceptionally better than +0's, but would reward players for their time and efforts to collect uniques.

So in short I think that this servers competition needs to be able to be controlled by the players via low cost nation transfers. Items should not be allowed to go to +9, but a little better than +8's via the Rebirth system. And Uniques should be able to be compounded to +1 to reward players for their efforts to collect them.

Like I said at the beginning, these are things that If added to the server would make it more enjoyable for me personally. I did not say everybody. So if you don't like the ideas feel free to say you don't, but please don't flame or say that these Ideas are flat out retarded. Most of them are probably not even possible.

And the reason you need to upgrade past +8 is...?

knubbiz

personally i dont want ANY other changes like this.. i want it to be as it is right now.. No more mixxes, no more Edits and things..
    Every new fixes that doesnt belongs to the current ko version, is bringing the KO server down...
    the server is already the best server, as it is.. .Why change some few things to risk it all?

lopezik

Your idea fail rlly.

Keep it like old ke. That was great times!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knubbiz View Post
    personally i dont want ANY other changes like this.. i want it to be as it is right now.. No more mixxes, no more Edits and things..
    Every new fixes that doesnt belongs to the current ko version, is bringing the KO server down...
    the server is already the best server, as it is.. .Why change some few things to risk it all?
    +1 This is atm perfect old school ko.
    If people seeking rebirth, exp wepons, fast exp- they should thinking looking dif server.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Only good thing about having rebirthed items is seeing that someone has a +7 weapon... other then that it's retarded, and if you are looking for a light show, go watch a mage party aoe harpies.

+1 server is great as it is atm.only some minor bugs needs to be fixed .Oldskool ko was great,when they started with rebirth and juwel upgrade ,pk and gamefun went down...

Banned

EDIT: This old school pre KE knight is only reason why im back in KO.

Banned Senior Member

I think Gms shuld only propose NT to some clan if its needed,schouldnt be scroll for NT in pus at all.

I think that won't be a problem whatsoever. All GMs have played this game for far too long, some of us where K2 GMs for a while too. We won't let the game get unbalanced and boring.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

when changes like these start getting added to the game thats when u will see the server go down... like usko.
    the server is awsome how it is now

just keep it old school
    like adonis

xiahou_yuan

all the ideas are great, but the server is great atm as well, so no real need for it.

and I think NT should be made free, just so ppl can change when they feel one race is overpowered, or when he just wants to pwn his own nation

rebirth idea is stupid... keep it like it is... no one needs the server full of glowys...

No thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast