Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My thoughts and Ideas for the Ko4life server

This is a discussion on My thoughts and Ideas for the Ko4life server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Well like I said these ideas would make the server more fun for me. And I understand if you don't ...
Page: 2

StarBux

Well like I said these ideas would make the server more fun for me. And I understand if you don't like these ideas. This post is mostly aimed at brahman because it's very obvious he did not fully read my post before calling me stupid.

Why go past plus 8? Like I said some people like the challenge. And plus 8 rb isn't that much better than plus 8s.

If someone had bothered to read my whole post they would have seen that there would be no more "glowies" than there would be with out it. One rb would start at plus 8 s
    and not plus seven. So glowie items would just be rb.

Also like I said rb transformation scrolls would be very hard to obtain. So to even have the chance to go rb would be slim. And then you would have to get a strengthen scroll, and then have the balls to even try to upgrade your plus 8 when there is a good chance to burn it. Let's not forget plus 8s on this server are hard to make.

I just think it would be nice to have something very hard to obtain to work for, while not completely imbalanceing the server.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBux View Post
    You should trust in the original developers agency, and the current developers agency in combination with the voice of the community. The ethos is (as far as I know) "keep it as close in spirit to the original version". So you see, your will to "meddle" or hybridise the game, is not in line with this. Part of playnig a game, is taking what you are given and working with it... not changing the game according to your wims. Your suggestions take away from the spirit of the original version...

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Well like I said these ideas would make the server more fun for me. And I understand if you don't like these ideas. This post is mostly aimed at brahman because it's very obvious he did not fully read my post before calling me stupid.

Why go past plus 8? Like I said some people like the challenge. And plus 8 rb isn't that much better than plus 8s.

If someone had bothered to read my whole post they would have seen that there would be no more "glowies" than there would be with out it. One rb would start at plus 8 s

Also like I said rb transformation scrolls would be very hard to obtain. So to even have the chance to go rb would be slim. And then you would have to get a strengthen scroll, and then have the balls to even try to upgrade your plus 8 when there is a good chance to burn it. Let's not forget plus 8s on this server are hard to make.

I just think it would be nice to have something very hard to obtain to work for, while not completely imbalanceing the server.
    i seriously dont get the point... it pretty much wont make a dif in pk and it will make the server more like usko now...which is one thing we dont want
    like i said in another post.. the more u change the server the faster it will end up like usko, if they start putting shit like this on, than we may aswell go to the rofd patch... ewww k2 all over again

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    You should trust in the original developers agency, and the current developers agency in combination with the voice of the community. The ethos is (as far as I know) "keep it as close in spirit to the original version". So you see, your will to "meddle" or hybridise the game, is not in line with this. Part of playnig a game, is taking what you are given and working with it... not changing the game according to your wims. Your suggestions take away from the spirit of the original version...
    What's up with the typo? You disappoint me.

this topic is a fail

Never called you stupid.... just the idea.... its pointless and it puts a lot more on the table for the developers...

So far, the things you have said basically mean one thing to me and most other people reading this forum.... you have a hard-on for the rebirth system for some odd reason.. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Its just a really stupid idea... people burn enough items as it is... you seriously think someone is gonna go past +8 on high class items??? thats would be stupid unless they are about to quit playing or something.

IMO, this is a pointless suggestion which I doubt will happen, let alone even be thought of...
    Last edited by Brahman; 01-19-2010 at 11:08 PM.

StarBux

"Never called you stupid.... just the idea.... its pointless and it puts a lot more on the table for the developers...

So far, the things you have said basically mean one thing to me and most other people reading this forum.... you have a hard-on for the rebirth system for some odd reason.. You have your opinion, I have mine."

Well you may not be calling me stupid but I am going to say it. Your a tard. A "hard-on" for the rebirth system... well can you tell me something that is bad about the rebirth system? obviously you still didn't read that you would have to have a +8 item to even go to rebirth instead of +7. I say the rebirth system because that is the only way to make an item better without making it directly into a +9. And like I said, +8 RB is pretty much nothing compared to a +9 item, and is not that much better than a +8. But it is still better than a +8, and thus is something for people to work towards when after they have all +8's and all the uniques they need.

I want you all to think for one moment. Did I say I expected these changes do be made? Did I say everyone would agree? Did I not say these are MY ideas that would make the server more fun for MYSELF?

The answer's in order are no, no, yes.

I also want you guys to think about the future of this server. Depending on how long this server actually lives there is going to be an overwhelming amount of uniques out there. There is probably only going to be about 150-250 people who actually play this server, and most not even that frequently. So your not going to have anything to do with your uniques except put them in your storage to do nothing, because everyone already has all the uniques they need and can ever get. In a matter of time you will have uniques flowing out your ears.

Now thats all well and good for you. But if a new player comes to the server they will be hard pressed to actually get anywhere. You already have all the items you need, and they have nothing they can offer you that you need. They are not going to kill the bosses that drop the uniques because you are. The good clans are going to be full, or just don't want them because they don't have good gear, and would not be able to PK with them.

IDK about you but I always thought the economy in old KO was a load of shit. Having high class items that not everyone is going to be able to get in a year, or even 4 years will keep the economy of this server going.

Basically if you don't have updates, new items, or something that is very hard to obtain I'm pretty sure this server will dry up and fail. People will get tired of the same old clans, same old people, same old items, nothing to work to except get more NPs and try to be #1 on a server that only a select nitch of people will enjoy and play.

So you can call me dumb, can say this topic is a failure, but I'm thinking down the road while you guys are only concerned right now with starting the server and what it will be like in the early days. So maybe people don't like my ideas, and flamed when there wasn't a real basis to flame about. When this server ends up failing because of sheer lack of interest I'll say I had this topic, and that I had these ideas.

I really want someone to tell me what is BAD about these ideas other than you just don't want them because you have a "hard-on" for the original KO.
    Last edited by StarBux; 01-19-2010 at 11:18 PM.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

its stupid because this ko was created and aimed to let people "relive" pre-rofd days. if you wana have rebirth back just go for usko. or if you dislike people disagreeing with you, stop creating pointless threads.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    its stupid because this ko was created and aimed to let people "relive" pre-rofd days. if you wana have rebirth back just go for usko. or if you dislike people disagreeing with you, stop creating pointless threads.
    exaclty!!!!!

I really want someone to tell me what is BAD about these ideas other than you just don't want them because you have a "hard-on" for the original KO.

whats bad is that no one cares about rebirth at this time and like someone mentioned earlier, this server is currently set for the KE time period..

there are FAR more important things to worry about then a rebirth system...

If you read one of felix's most early post about the project you will see that once the time comes, like after a few months from the official release, they will open up discussions for possible improvements and taking steps towards improving the server the way players on the forum see fit...that is the category your rebirth system falls in.

Basically your talking about the future of the server whens its still in open beta and developers are still working out the kinks and bugs of the current problems..

I don't know why you would post this topic during this stage when its obvious none of them probably care about adding new features when there are still problems in the current stage...

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    What's up with the typo? You disappoint me.
    You wish to be appointed?

StarBux

Well when I first made this topic I specificly said most people will not agree with me, and most of these will never happen. I also asked that no one flame or say this is just fail. I respect posts with thoughts behind them and backing of their own opinion. But not when people basicly say "this sucks".

I have to agree with many of you on many things. But it is also apparent you didn't read the whole post... And I will admit they are quit long. But if your going to post you should read the whole idea first, rather than seeing some words you don't like, such as "rebirth system" or "compounding" and then you just posted thinking I wanted it to be exactly like it is in usko.

If there is one thing I do not want above all else for this server it is that it would end up like usko, or too close to usko.

Now obviously there are different opinions on how close "too close is".

I do not think that being able to go to rebirth plus 8 would be too close. I do not think being able to compound to plus 1 uniques would be too close, this is where opinions differ.

I also want to make something very clear. I think that the way the server is right now is very good. And will be a lot of fun (yes even for me). While it is great I think it could be better. And these things would make the server more fun for myself. There are probably ideas out there or changes that could be made that would not upset so many, and would make this server better than these ideas could. And I want to hear them. That is what this topic was made for, but you took it the wrong way, and maybe I should have made myself more clear.

dude star bux do you not read my entire posts??? THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SUGGEST NEW IDEAS FOR THE SERVER.

Its so simply if you could just read... there are just way too many important things going on with the server and the developers. why on earth would you bother posting something so irrelevant to the server. as you said, this server is fine as it is. let them continue to work and make it 100% ready for release. Once the time comes, there will be discussion for new ideas and what not.

WHY CANT YOU JUST UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR IDEA IS JUST MEANINGLESS AT THIS TIME.

I'm sure there would be millions of topics if felix/devile asked for new ideas to add along to the server. right now they are just working with fixing the problems in open beta and they dont need to worry about adding new things to the server at this time when theres still kinks and bugs to work out at the current stage

keep the old clean KO, it doesnt need any new features, just a good maintenance and anti-cheat policy
    year ago when i was leaving the crappy official KO i wasnt planning to come back (not even to a private server, since none of them really convinced me it's worth trying them), however once the ko4life is done with betatesting, i'll give it a try

lopezik

close that topic rlly.

there not gonna be rebirth items im 100 % sure ><

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast