Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • New (low/mid/high)

46 38.02%
  • Old

75 61.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disappointed in the upgrading system

This is a discussion on Disappointed in the upgrading system within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I find it rather imbalanced that upgrading lower grade armor requires the same scrolls as upgrading higher grade items. Paper ...
Page: 1

Lightbulb Disappointed in the upgrading system

I find it rather imbalanced that upgrading lower grade armor requires the same scrolls as upgrading higher grade items. Paper classes like mages and BPs get fucked majorly as they pretty much cannot afford anything other than +5/goblins because going further than that requires using BUS, which is the same for other classes using chitin (shell). As the price for BUS will propably be the same as one chitin +1 its even more of an advantage to the other classes. I have no experience on buying/farming wpn-def armors but Im guessing their drop rate wont be high consindering we all know how powerful they were back in the days.

I included a poll even if it wont affect the outcome of the upgrade system, just wanna see how others feel about it.

EDIT: a few arguments brought I gathered from the topic and off the top of my head for those too lazy to read.

Paper classes will have a big advantage if LUS are included as they can easily and cheaply upgrade +8/+9 armors in the beginning
    Increasing the cost for LUS will fix this problem, at the moment youre getting way worse upgrade % with scrolls that cost 240k than with LUS (11k) in USKO.

FP priests overpowered! MUS cheap compared to BUS, weapon defense armors are mostly FP
    This is something to think about, increasin the cost of MUS would hurt warriors and rogues in the early stages, but leaving the cost at 110k would make Upgrading FPs a LOT cheaper than upgrading marginally if at all better chitins. I'm not gonna suggest any numbers but scrolls should propably be more expensive

Paper from the NPC, + 240k upgrade scroll
    vs.
    High Class armors from merchants/farming + 2.4mill upgrade scroll.
    Upgrading papers to +5 isnt exactly cheap, if 1 out of 10 (propably worse when upgrading with NUS) go to +5 you're looking at something like 30 scrolls, which is like 3 BUS

as for the ones iwth chitins/shells, yes it's hard and expensive to have them, but aren't they better than papers?

Im RW pro ke player durrr I have no idea what im talking about hurrrrrrrrr O_o
    Last edited by Elrohir; 01-19-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Thats how life was in KE days, and we survived so will you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    Thats how life was in KE days, and we survived so will you.
    haha, nicely said.. i just wanted to quote this

i voted to keep anvil as it is.. altho i failed 5 MDs going to +3 and +4 !!
    but its ok, i dont want MD's +7/70 first week lol

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    haha, nicely said.. i just wanted to quote this

i voted to keep anvil as it is.. altho i failed 5 MDs going to +3 and +4 !!
    but its ok, i dont want MD's +7/70 first week lol
    Think i broke 4x shell parts in closed beta :P and 10 raptors few 2h gigas

Shells were mostly to +4/5 Raptors +5/6 few to +9, gigas were to +9

Middle/low were implemented into KE, they weren't in KO. I like the ko upgrading system. it makes the game more challenging

Broke the MD going +7! I am going to start a mage now just to test something with a friends yet.

Btw. I really need to buy or get a Lycaon hammer to test something out, its important for me yet. :/

Am I missing something here? Upgrading high class items is almost the same as with the new upgrading systes. HUS to +3 and then BUS compared to normal upgrade scrolls to +3 and then BUS, change the %s if theyre different for all I care. Only paper classes are really fucked.

And RW, a "hardcore KO/KE pro" such as yourself should know that the new upgrade system was introducted in KE.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir View Post
    Am I missing something here? Upgrading high class items is almost the same as with the new upgrading systes. HUS to +3 and then BUS compared to normal upgrade scrolls to +3 and then BUS, change the %s if theyre different for all I care. Only paper classes are really fucked.

And RW, a "hardcore KO/KE pro" such as yourself should know that the new upgrade system was introducted in KE.
    how are paper classes fucked in any way? Your armor is freely obtainable from a NPC, where at everyone else non-paper has to farm or purchase them from merchants. Additionally you can use NUS to go at least to +5 with, for anything other than paper I personally would go with a BUS.

Summary:
    vs.

Unfair anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    how are paper classes fucked in any way? Your armor is freely obtainable from a NPC, where at everyone else non-paper has to farm or purchase them from merchants. Additionally you can use NUS to go at least to +5 with, for anything other than paper I personally would go with a BUS.

Summary:
    vs.

Unfair anyone?
    +5 paper armor is really good, almost as good as goblin armors that everyone else can farm really easy. And thats for the first few weeks, after which everyone will eventually start upping their high class armors which is just as difficult as trying to upgrade your paper armors up from +5.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

So wait, using a BUS from +5 and above is considered unfair, because... you know... on shells/chitins you'd have to use them on +1/+2 already.

If anyone was to bitch about the upgrading system, it would be the ones planning on using shell/chitin and their huge amount of money spent upgrading in comparance to what paper classes pay.

Keep it the way it was.

voted for low/middle... it was like this in KE and it should stay like this...

as for the ones iwth chitins/shells, yes it's hard and expensive to have them, but aren't they better than papers? Aren't they supposed to be DAMN HARD to get and use?

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    So wait, using a BUS from +5 and above is considered unfair, because... you know... on shells/chitins you'd have to use them on +1/+2 already.

If anyone was to bitch about the upgrading system, it would be the ones planning on using shell/chitin and their huge amount of money spent upgrading in comparance to what paper classes pay.
    Making +5 armor with NUS isnt that cheap either, lets say 1 out of 10 (I have very small experience with these scrolls, but if theyre anything like HUS on the new upgrade system then its something like this or even worse) go to +5, so youre propably using like 30 scrolls which already costs the amount of 3 BUS. And we all know how good paper armor +5...

Banned

voted for old (no class items)..

will be fun to see paper rogues in cz

trance addict Senior Member sommarblond's Avatar

You can find NUS for 100k in merchants, and you can even buy +5 paper armor with HP from merchants that you can find in Moradon. Now when ko4life have brought us OLD KO back, why turn it into KE/ROFD right away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast