Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nick stealing...

This is a discussion on Nick stealing... within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by TabbyCat The point being made is this.... for example Someone takes my name, they get a few ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    The point being made is this....

for example

Someone takes my name, they get a few high status vouhes and make a usd transaction, then they scam the person. I get the bad reputation, I get the ban.
    yay... looks like some people understand what I mean, not like others

dumb warrżon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    Seriously ban those nick stealing twats some1 stole ::PwnageFactor:: also.....
    i got the feeling to create an account after lunch just to make a char with ur name. seriously complaining will increase number of players whos doing it just for fun. you should just talk to admins and get this done like zero did and nothin is wrong.
    as long as no1 is using a char with the name you have been famous for to scam ppl nothing is wrong.
    my name was taken at some usko server allready too but i took a new or similar name and have been happy with it.

AbelOh

Feel honored that they want to be you.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    The point being made is this....

for example

Someone takes my name, they get a few high status vouhes and make a usd transaction, then they scam the person. I get the bad reputation, I get the ban.
    for example

Someone takes my name, they get a few high status vouches and make an usd transaction, then they scam the person. I get accused, i dont get banned since the admins on ko4life are the ones also on gamers4life and they will do an ip check.

When you sell something, get the money first, no matter how trusted someone is. Dont forget your trading with virtual goods that you dont own.

Then Cezia comes, posts some stupid comments , insults someone and everybody with more than 2 brain cells smiles while reading his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    When you sell something, get the money first, no matter how trusted someone is. Dont forget your trading with virtual goods that you dont own.
    if there weren't that many people who get scammed by giving the items first, then it wouldn't be a problem

also I am a TradeMod myself, so yeh, there is a possibility of being scammed..

but I think that your "more than 2 brain cells" ain't working as they should...

//oh and btw, ever heard of PP's charge back?
    Last edited by cizia; 01-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.

I remember some guy in Pathos was named Arca aswell and was a big koxper. Everyone thought that was me even though I never even logged on Pathos..

Nick stealing sucks but there's nothing you can do about it. Since we're in a private server, I guess admins could try and save some famous nicks.. But if 3 guys complain because they all want to be named the same, what will the staff do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arca_ View Post
    I remember some guy in Pathos was named Arca aswell and was a big koxper. Everyone thought that was me even though I never even logged on Pathos..

Nick stealing sucks but there's nothing you can do about it. Since we're in a private server, I guess admins could try and save some famous nicks.. But if 3 guys complain because they all want to be named the same, what will the staff do ?
    nah I'm not actually complaining about that... As I mentioned in first post, this will happen in official FOR SURE and trust me, some way more known names will be taken

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    if there weren't that many people who get scammed by giving the items first, then it wouldn't be a problem

also I am a TradeMod myself, so yeh, there is a possibility of being scammed..

but I think that your "more than 2 brain cells" ain't working as they should...

//oh and btw, ever heard of PP's charge back?
    Your a trademod where?

Never had a PP chargeback. Let them send the money as a gift by requesting it from them, then add a clause to the request that by sending you the money the guy confirms that he has received the goods and is happy with it and will not chargeback by any circumstances.

There is always WU as well if you have absolutely no faith in the other party.

And fyi, my more than 2 cells are working great, thanks.

jatokor

Yes he is

I think you being a trade mod in other forums has no influence at all in ko4life forums.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

To me it is important that peoples names from old stay with them. Same goes with clan names , it's not fair for the person who spent years earning the name for some jack ass to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arca_ View Post
    I think you being a trade mod in other forums has no influence at all in ko4life forums.
    trust me, it does... There's lots of people I know here and there is lots of Polish people over here
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    To me it is important that peoples names from old stay with them. Same goes with clan names , it's not fair for the person who spent years earning the name for some jack ass to take it.
    exactly

anyway, Felix can you please answer my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    I don't mind beta, but can we have that nick changed when official launches?
    and u can close the topic, cuz it became a flame one...
    thx in advance

coffiscithur

all beta chars will be deleted, so you'll make a totally new character.

everyone knows the beta chars'll be deleted. what's being asked is if the gms will do anything to help players play with their original names when the full version starts, considering all of the name stealing that usually happens at the beginning of servers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast