Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok so this server is cheatfree for sure.. but what about the other stuff

This is a discussion on ok so this server is cheatfree for sure.. but what about the other stuff within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; at the end of the day its all apart of the game....
Page: 2

Banned for scamming.

at the end of the day its all apart of the game.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

ok i took the last sentence as a flame. n i like a little drama

point is, i wasn't making a topic that says "BAN ALL MUTHA FUCKERS WHO DO IMMORAL ACTS OF INJUSTICE IN THE GAME! U FUQING INBREEDERS!" i was merely asking what the gms will do in such instances. i'm pretty sure some gms r gona look into it and some gms are gona say its up to the game. there should b a clear-cut take on this, thats y i made the topic. if not when the server starts, such problem arises, ppl r gona start whining "OMG Y IS THIS GM SUCH A SON OF A BITCH THEY DIDN'T WARN US ABOUT BLA BLA BLA"

Banned

Im sure there will be some basic game rules

DAFAQ Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    sorry if there aren't assholes like you in thegame nobody would have to worry about healing in eslant. luring is a fucking retarded shit to do and you just proved its something you would do. see how retard and retard belong together?

and about the scamming thing, its not jsut the clan issue. what about issues like Mass-scamming (anyone rmb charlie187?) if usko was as involved as the community he would've NEVER gotten away with it. same with shit like nasvje etc etc.

TS. Ever heard of it?

All you wrote has nothing to do with GM's and therefor should not be banned. Someone does something to you and you spred the world around server. Next time someone else will to that to that person/clan!

Thats how those stuff were delt in during KE. Deal with it.

Cool

there will always be 2 GM's online at alltimes.. if there is a problem /pm GM_******* .

a GM can only take action if there are hardcore proof of cheats/scams.
    For every problem there is a solution, for example, use transformationscrolls if you dont want to be lured on
    /block_trade to avoid tradespam
    kick randoms when you'r bosshunting and dont add them if you dont want to get scammed
    etc

i'm sure ghosty will post the server rules few days b4 official release

i'm talking about the other unpleasant stuff tat comes along with this game that don't really have a clear boundary. things like

1) luring on people doing bosses(like on the healer on talos or w/e) get used to it its part of the game.
    2) ksing KS on bosses should be aloud but on exp slots not.
    3) scamming ingame(such as players quitting clans not giving back items or whatever that sort of thing or ninja looting) should be bannable unless they were given
    4) calling other ally from other nation to help raid a cz exp spot that you want deal with it???? such a pussy
    5) trade-spamming/party spamming/other annoying shit who really cares, block your trades?

probably more but ya. how are gms gona handle such situations?

this stuff been part of game and should remain..

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Faction based game can never be considerd a fully pvp game. Its a stupid concept and combined with a dumb build like KO has, u get massive gheyness.

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

4) calling other ally from other nation to help raid a cz exp spot that you want

nonething wrong with this one,

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I will try to address your concerns as much as I can; however, I have a feeling that some will satisfy you, and some won't.

1) luring on people doing bosses(like on the healer on talos or w/e)
    A: They are bosses for a reason, I foresee that we'll be seeing a lot of this especially in the early stages of the server. We'll be keeping an eye on it.

2) Kill stealing
    A: As said previously, you can kill steal on bosses; however, when it comes to exp spots, it will not be tolerated.

3) scamming ingame(such as players quitting clans not giving back items or whatever that sort of thing or ninja looting)
    A: This is tricky one because, to me, this isn't a scam...Every clan has its own rule when it comes to giving out uniques. Some clans demand that you return every item you acquired from them should you decide to leave and some say that once you are given an item it is yours to keep even if you leave the clan. As you can see this is more of a clan policy rather than Knight Online policy; therefore, I am not really sure if we would be in a position to assist players (this is my own personal opinion and does NOT represent the staff's).

4) calling other ally from other nation to help raid a cz exp spot that you want
    A: CZ is a dangerous place.

5) trade-spamming/party spamming/other annoying shit
    A: Excessive spamming of trade, party request may result in suspension; however, it needs to be backed up by an evidence.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjin View Post
    TS. Ever heard of it?

All you wrote has nothing to do with GM's and therefor should not be banned. Someone does something to you and you spred the world around server. Next time someone else will to that to that person/clan!

Thats how those stuff were delt in during KE. Deal with it.
    n thats how usko failed in CS issues. obviously ko4life isn't gona be another k2.

ok the luring/ksing/whatever minor shit, i don't really care but what if U do lure on people n gm decides to ban U? u'll be saying they didn't explain the rules.. n then u'll be the one crying about gms bla bla bla. n then u'l be the ones whining why wasn't there ANYTHING said in the beginning. n u wonder why i make such a thread. /cut please.

i think the more impt stuff should b about the scamming. again, the clan was just an example. personal scams.. and whether this server tolerates usd trades... thats another tricky business.

let me put it this way

1) no usd trade:
    this will put off a lot of people,seeing this is a "farm-and-exp" server, most of the people who are putting in major time+effort wan to see that they get something off the game in the end.

2) usd trade:
    possibility of scamming increases, BUT- with gm interfering this could be a win-win situation, depending on how gms handle the matter. and ofc more ppl wil play the server if usd is involved, n usd will be involved when more people play the server and provided it survives, obviously.

just hope u guys think about it thoroughly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UltiMat View Post
    at the end of the day its all apart of the game.
    same with koxp.

so we shouldn't do anything about that either?

speedkill

n thats how usko failed in CS issues. obviously ko4life isn't gona be another k2.

ok the luring/ksing/whatever minor shit, i don't really care but what if U do lure on people n gm decides to ban U? u'll be saying they didn't explain the rules.. n then u'll be the one crying about gms bla bla bla. n then u'l be the ones whining why wasn't there ANYTHING said in the beginning. n u wonder why i make such a thread. /cut please.

i think the more impt stuff should b about the scamming. again, the clan was just an example. personal scams.. and whether this server tolerates usd trades... thats another tricky business.

let me put it this way

1) no usd trade:
    this will put off a lot of people,seeing this is a "farm-and-exp" server, most of the people who are putting in major time+effort wan to see that they get something off the game in the end.

2) usd trade:
    possibility of scamming increases, BUT- with gm interfering this could be a win-win situation, depending on how gms handle the matter. and ofc more ppl wil play the server if usd is involved, n usd will be involved when more people play the server and provided it survives, obviously.

usd trade is also the reason why people have such insane items in usko atm? Usd trades make it possible for someone new to be pwning from day 1, while other people who arent as rich but have been playing for weeks get pwned. Besides, usd trades have a negative impact on the economy and the gameplay. Items wich usually disappear when the owner quits will remain in the game, so the amount of strong items will build up at a much faster rate, untill eventually no-one wants to join anymore because all the +2/+3 uniques +9 items etc... (wich is unavoidable, but it can be postponed).

Rainey

let me put it this way

1) no usd trade:

2) usd trade:

W I r l ur t s (wow, i really like your talking style)

Usd ruin server, not help it.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

We'll release a more detailed rule set when it comes time to official, we're still fine tuning the rules and punishments.

Banned

how can you decide to make a fine tuned manual on how to ban someone in a video game? everyone has to many different options on what should happen. the only thing that I would do, if someone decided to scam and quit clan, I would just mute the fucking shit out of their entire account, it wont stop them from trading it over to another character, but it would sure as hell piss them off. If someone lured something on someone and I saw it, I would let the monster get halfway there, DC that user, then just kill the mob myself so they lose the drop. If someone decides to KS all the time like a Hiz, then I would just DC them everytime I saw them doing it, which could happen all the fucking time, along with a mute. These are minor punishments, but this is the kind of thing that you have to think about. More than a small handful of people are going to be playing this game, and you got to look at it from our perspective, if someone is trying to stay on both sides of the fence, how will you go about doing that in a game where there are 2 rival factions as mentioned before? No one can be completely happy in this game. This game reminds me the military, because you have to make decisions that will not benefit everyone, only the majority, you will always have those people that are disappointed. You cant control it, its just the way things are. Sorry, but, I dont think there is really that much that we can do on these types of things. That is more on the user, and how smart they trust people, how smart they are to block trade when taking a boss, how smart they are to not let someone KS them. The only reason you guys get mad is you start accusing GM's of things, because people always need someone to blame, so why not blame the people that put their heart and soul into this server so you can have fun. I havent done shit, but there are alot of people on here that are unappreciated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast