This topic will be updated as the day goes by, narrating the progress about the server registration and other pending open beta topics.
Remember this is a BETA that is going to it's public stage. This is so we can test how the server behaves with a load that is as close to a full client as possible. Also we will be adjusting things and trying to iron out any bugs.
Do not expect the final product and remember this is a chance for you to get a feel for the server and what we are putting on offer. There is still elements we are not putting in as we need more time to work on them.
If you give us good feedback rather than bitching and moaing there is a better chance to influence the final product. There will not be a PUS as it is not needed in this and will advoid any misshaps.
If any majour issues are found we will need to work out solutions and this will obviously mean that the server may be up and down alot as we try to fix things.
I think that covers the basics for now , also remember everything is wiped once the BETA is finished and we go with the final clients.
- Registration page will be posted arround 9pm GMT-5 so everyone can start at the same time. Servers will be up by then too.
- It's a BETA!!! Since we rushed to this date, there are obvious things we weren't able to finish and will release patches during this weeks.
- There will be no IPs restriction for the beta. That doesn't mean it will be the same for the final release.
- Accounts will be wiped once Open Beta ends. Open Beta will last arround 2 weeks.
- Final release date has not yet been defined.
- Exp rates are higher than normal just for the Open Beta. Final rates will be lower.
- Please report any bugs through the forum.
- Anti cheating measures are not working yet but will be introduced in future patches. Feel free to report any cheats or hacks you know about. GMs will ban any account found cheating during Open Beta.
- IT'S A BETA!!!
KO4Life Beta Client Download Links:
Important: Please only use the links provided below to download the Beta Client for security reasons.
RapidShareCode:http://www.filefront.com/15431429/ko4life-setup.exe/RapidShare.deCode:Part 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/335417583/ko4life_setup.part1.rar Part 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/335417348/ko4life_setup.part2.rar
Note: It is reported that some anti-virus softwares such as Kaspersky and AVG going crazy on the .exe; however, rest assured that this is a FALSE POSITIVE and caused by the encryption used on the client's .exe file. Please add those files to your exception list.Code:http://uploaded.to/file/7tux9f
How to add exception on Kaspersky:
How to add exception on ESET NOD32: