Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I agree with plopz there must be few rly active GMs should be from other GMT's to get away from ...
Page: 2

Axarus

I agree with plopz there must be few rly active GMs should be from other GMT's to get away from situations where for example at 3 p.m are 3 GMs online and few hours later are no1 ;/
    Gms shall speak in english ofc and 2nd language like spanish/polish/turkish will be welcome cause many players from this countries will play and u can always better comunity with em ;p
    Addind Bosses like Talos TK etc in CZ is pointless i would add just more xp spots to escape from ppl ksing each other cause all xp spots are fll ;/
    I dont know is it hard to make but xp quest will be ql it will make ur lvl a bit faster like kill 150 Ash Knight 250 Trolls 300 Apos etc
    About having special items i think there is not much work about it but making items stats same for example some shield will at +0 add 100 def 10 hp 20 all res but there will be few other looks of shield stats will stay same but with many items that will look totally other will make game more colourfull cause in KE there were not much items after some time all warriors will run with shell sets and rappy or some dual wield and all sins will run with chitins or shell and with shards or md's making some diferents in items look will be ql thats my words
    Last edited by Axarus; 12-13-2009 at 05:59 AM.

wawh

As I said before
    Market is a big issue and was reading some posts here and reading priest will never go buff unless they will go for party cure

Got me thinking... Why not put in 1000hp and 150ac scrolls and leave the 1500hp and 300ac for PUS to both create a market with usd currency and have a steady income..
    + create a skilled pk system and not the turkish way of spam heals and spam duffs

And if by some reason the server will eventually update to +70.. The aoe buffs are quite nice and creates a variety priests can go

Finduilas

This isn't directed to anyone, just a thought, but do you think a private server can survive on buffs? Will the player base be big enough? Or will every priest have to be a buffer? And what about swift and wolf? Also an essential part of pk survival.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    This isn't directed to anyone, just a thought, but do you think a private server can survive on buffs? Will the player base be big enough? Or will every priest have to be a buffer? And what about swift and wolf? Also an essential part of pk survival.
    That is how people in KE survived on mostly, and there were of course some that bought the scrolls from PUS in order to not be bothered by the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    That is how people in KE survived on mostly, and there were of course some that bought the scrolls from PUS in order to not be bothered by the buffs.
    Are you saying in KE people pked on 10 min buffs and not scrolls?

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    lol? is that a real question?

Ofcourse people pked on buffs, come on... 90% of priests were buffer

Axarus

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    lol? is that a real question?

Ofcourse people pked on buffs, come on... 90% of priests were buffer
    maybe not 90% but ye like 60-70% of priests were buffers and i remember buffers were making pk partys and they just buff ppl in town they always had good pk symbols cause they wont move their ass from base so didnt lose any nps of not all of em

Quote Originally Posted by Axarus View Post
    maybe not 90% but ye like 60-70% of priests were buffers and i remember buffers were making pk partys and they just buff ppl in town they always had good pk symbols cause they wont move their ass from base so didnt lose any nps of not all of em
    Yeah that was noobs in random parties, not clan pk parties or anything serious.

DoNotMess

There weren't to many serious people back then lol. Most of the people were still learning. I remember pking mainly on buffs in cz and using scrolls for wars sometimes.

Yes that is what I am saying. I remember on my server, every single party that I joined was pretty much buffs... only time was when I went war and joined the top clan's party, was when they went scroll. So out of everyone on the server, it was 1 constant party using scrolls, and sometimes it happens that another party decides to. So yes, I am saying people ran on buffs in KE times.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarus View Post
    This I remember being true for USKO. For MYKO it was different. In MYKO, we didn't give a shit even if you are a 2k buffer,... you had to get your ass out of town and do your actual job, or else you'd be kicked, that's why in MYKO all the people that decided to stay in town to buff, didn't play very long or finally learned that they have to get out... thus why the priest's with symbols were only the skillful ones. As for USKO, yeah I've seen when I moved on from MYKO that that's what buffers do, I simply just left those parties as those were pathetic priests.

Yeah that was noobs in random parties, not clan pk parties or anything serious.
    Clan pk as well, I was in the top clan for who knows how long, yet if we saw CZ empty at sometimes (1-2 parties to face), we went on buffs, as it was pointless wasting scrolls.... and trust me, all other clans too would go on buffs. The only point where I would say like 10% of the server would use scrolls would have been during wars.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Clan pk as well, I was in the top clan for who knows how long, yet if we saw CZ empty at sometimes (1-2 parties to face), we went on buffs, as it was pointless wasting scrolls.... and trust me, all other clans too would go on buffs. The only point where I would say like 10% of the server would use scrolls would have been during wars.
    Well good luck pking on buffs, and towning or spamming for rebuff every few seconds. As I said: SERIOUS pkers used scrolls. Obviously if CZ is empty its not serious. Obviously if its a random party its not serious. You're making assumptions about how things were in KE and both presenting them as a representative sample and as how things will be in the private server, neither of which are accurate.

Funny how most of you failed to see the biggest problem and yet no private has succeed to solve it.

How to create a stable market? We all know that coin drops in USKO arent enough to create a stable market. So how are the plans to solve this?

Well good luck pking on buffs, and towning or spamming for rebuff every few seconds. As I said: SERIOUS pkers used scrolls. Obviously if CZ is empty its not serious. Obviously if its a random party its not serious. You're making assumptions about how things were in KE and both presenting them as a representative sample and as how things will be in the private server, neither of which are accurate.
    I assume you haven't played KE have you? If not I suggest you stop talking right about now. There is no such a thing as serious pk, it's called going on buffs, or going on scrolls. Back then people used to play the game for entrainment and fun with other friends who were in the game, thus why most of them were on buffs, and thus why people didn't feel any kind of advantage as only like 2-3 parties out of all the 100 parties in war would. On the other hand, lately, starting from about ROFD, somehow people just started to turn so competitive about the game, and whatever I can give you a whole couple of paragraphs on the change, but that's when people started using scrolls alot. The point being, I don't see why you are even complaining, the scrolls will be in PUS, simple as that, buy them if you really need them, which from your complaints I see you will need them badly.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Funny how most of you failed to see the biggest problem and yet no private has succeed to solve it.

How to create a stable market? We all know that coin drops in USKO arent enough to create a stable market. So how are the plans to solve this?
    There is no creating a stable market, it's simply copying the older version of the game. Personally I found it redicilously easy to make money in USKO on ROFD/FF version... while back in MYKO KE I remember at the beginning I felt sorry for wasting 10 mil on a crimson +7 robe, as the money there isn't easy to make at all, as it only would come from CSW. So if you want to make the market stable, and make the coins extremely valuble, once again, do whatever was done in KE, as back then it was extremely rare for anyone to have over a couple of million. I remember even the top players and top clan leaders only had to about 10gb at max points,... as for myself, I remember having 120mil at one point, and back then people would be like "WOW".

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast