Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by KrepiN unfortunately u cant prevent it, only clean up after human minds are weak Ok, then we ...
Page: 14

Quote Originally Posted by KrepiN View Post
    unfortunately u cant prevent it, only clean up after human minds are weak
    Ok, then we are fucked.

Next issue please.

A good idea implanted into a server I've played is changing Bach, Duke, Bishop to the USKO Query, Jersey and Dulian. It's lame when a rogue can just solo bowl all night and get uniques of such high quality. Those mobs are a lot harder to kill and take a good party to take them down, builds team play and clan partys.

If your going Piana make sure there's places to exp outside of cz. Sure everyone wants people to go xp in cz but if your expecting it to be as populated as most people think you need decent spots in Piana/Breth and Eslant.

No auto master. Make it old fashioned master but as the spawn is like 2-4 hours make the drop on pendants and tails literally 100% it's silly to farm bowl for hours and have all your master bosses coin. Also make sure all the stuff needed for 62/70 quest is dropping. Including gem's. Make them a decent rate but not good enough to farm for a lot of cash. I'd say 5-10% from all mobs but make there npcing price lower.

Don't add any flashy animations and use the USKO animation for 45 skill. Not everyone has a great computer and they don't want to spend 5 minutes logging in because the old Blizzard or a new fancy nova dc'd them. Custom animations are useless.

Pot's. No one wants a server where all the warriors are using hoodwink at 60+ and not many people can afford BUS. But no one wants a server where merchanting has been eradicated. It's hard to find a balance. Personally I think potion prices should be slashed a lot, if not for the whole time the server is open then just the first few days. For upgrading, I think if you can get the classes of items working, like low class, middle class etc that will help hugely as your not forking out for bus to upgrade papers, but if not I think BUS's should be at a slashed price too. A possible thing to do is make monsters exp'd on regularly like apos, trolls, deru, etc drop 32k coins each, so you can make a decent amount of pot money exping. Also make DM drop SB at ~5% and moradon mobs to drop Silver coins at ~5%.

Cool

imo 32k coins per mob is toomuch.. 1hour exp and you'll have loads of money.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Remember Murphy's law.

We will do everything to minimize the chance and impact (2 completely different things) of GM corruption, but if it eventually happens, it will be dealt fast and with severity. Finding trustworthy people is not an easy task, and even if you find them, some might change after a while.

The idea of this topic is to help us to not make the same mistakes all other KO servers made. We are aware of many known issues, yet most of you focus on reporting the same things. Suggestions on how to deal with them will help us much more than just pointing the same things over and over again.

Ok, GM corruption is a well known issue. How would u prevent it?
    only allow Main Admins to spawn bosses.
    dunno if its possible, but give a customized client to gms without the trade capability.
    Perhaps make trade logs for the gms.
    Atleast in the start of the server, the Admins must be online alot checking the Gms. Check trade logs, but mainly focus on the gms, and if they are doing their job.
    Its in the first 3-4 weeks the most corruption is gonna happens, since most players want the advantage to own every1 in the start.

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    imo 32k coins per mob is toomuch.. 1hour exp and you'll have loads of money.
    32k in a party of 8 is about 5.2k for someone with premium. So in a apos party that's about 3m an hour. Not that much considering one BUS will cost you 2.5m

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A good idea implanted into a server I've played is changing Bach, Duke, Bishop to the USKO Query, Jersey and Dulian. It's lame when a rogue can just solo bowl all night and get uniques of such high quality. Those mobs are a lot harder to kill and take a good party to take them down, builds team play and clan partys.

If your going Piana make sure there's places to exp outside of cz. Sure everyone wants people to go xp in cz but if your expecting it to be as populated as most people think you need decent spots in Piana/Breth and Eslant.

No auto master. Make it old fashioned master but as the spawn is like 2-4 hours make the drop on pendants and tails literally 100% it's silly to farm bowl for hours and have all your master bosses coin. Also make sure all the stuff needed for 62/70 quest is dropping. Including gem's. Make them a decent rate but not good enough to farm for a lot of cash. I'd say 5-10% from all mobs but make there npcing price lower.

Don't add any flashy animations and use the USKO animation for 45 skill. Not everyone has a great computer and they don't want to spend 5 minutes logging in because the old Blizzard or a new fancy nova dc'd them. Custom animations are useless.

Pot's. No one wants a server where all the warriors are using hoodwink at 60+ and not many people can afford BUS. But no one wants a server where merchanting has been eradicated. It's hard to find a balance. Personally I think potion prices should be slashed a lot, if not for the whole time the server is open then just the first few days. For upgrading, I think if you can get the classes of items working, like low class, middle class etc that will help hugely as your not forking out for bus to upgrade papers, but if not I think BUS's should be at a slashed price too. A possible thing to do is make monsters exp'd on regularly like apos, trolls, deru, etc drop 32k coins each, so you can make a decent amount of pot money exping. Also make DM drop SB at ~5% and moradon mobs to drop Silver coins at ~5%.
    I 2nd all these points,especially the replacement of bosses to be switched up.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I 2nd all these points,especially the replacement of bosses to be switched up.
    same here, i liked the Bach, Duke, bishop idea...maybe some1 in the project team can take this up with Felix or Devile.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Give gms account where they can only ban ppl on or something

Cool

32k in a party of 8 is about 5.2k for someone with premium. So in a apos party that's about 3m an hour. Not that much considering one BUS will cost you 2.5m
    Played a priv server where all mobs drop 32k coins per mob.. even worms lol

Btw!!!! speaking of money, i got a very important question!!!!!

Will we lose money when we die in CZ?

i hope the answer will be yes ^^

i think the answer should and always be yes lol... i love it when once in a million a person comes with 100 mil to CZ

As for the money topic, as I mentioned before I think SB should drop from DMs at a 5% rate, which seems really fair as you will have to technically kill 20 DMs with a party of 8, and get 1 SB, which is divided amongst the party members and each one gets 1 mil. So when you look at it, it will take alot of time to farm up the money, but it wouldn't be impossible to gain money like it was back in KE.

I also like the 32k coin idea from all mobs, especially if pots stay on the standard retail version.

asmoondei

Everyone says make scrolls 50m bus 500k etc. We're all used to USKO prices, where mobs drop 5-20k and such. Forget about USKO economy and try to make your own. In USKO everyone counts their money in k,m and GB. Why not just use tens and hundreds instead? Why do we need such big numbers as billion? Imho good idea is to lower not only the pices of npc items, but also coin drop rate. Let's say apo drops 800 coins instead of 30k (or w/e it is in USKO), 8ppl party, so everyone gets 100 coins per apo. Pots should be then like 100 coins per hp pot and 150 per soul, scrolls 3-4m. What does it change? This way you could buy EVERY item from the merchant instead of spaming chat all day long.

Just my 2 cents

PS. sorry for my english...

Instead, just lower potion prices to 1/10 or something, and change the procedure of treasury tax on server, so king still gets a decent amount of money to do events and plays can purchase potions easily.

I disagree with bowl monsters, especially Dulian and others. Bowl is fun when you can solo inside. With these bosses, almost noone bothers to check bowl while they are alone. Also, one of the strongest clan or the strongest party will just camp inside, while even the soloers have a decent chance of getting the drop against the party. Bach is one of the best bosses ingame because of it's low HP, and it makes the bowl more populated.

I completely agree with animations. Keep it like old KE. No stupid unnecessary glove/nova/skill effects, no strange looking npcs everywhere, no rofd skin. Keep it simple if you want to bring back the old KO feeling.

Automaster is not a good idea, but master item droprate must be well. Considering almost everyone is close to be a professional on private servers (Yeah, no more hp potting sins.) it will be hard for newbies to take drops, or get master. Keep it pretty easy, if possible.

Most important, keep the merchanting alive. As I mentioned in my older posts, reduce everything's price by 1/20. (e.g Bus for 100k, Soul potion for 800 coin, Silver Bar for 500k) Make the money worth something, so people can merchant and sell their goods while they are sleeping, which makes Ko4Life more fun, because instead of spamming chat all day long, people can buy the items they need just from merchants.

Fixing it doesn't take much. Just an SQL code which adds money drops to monsters depending on their level, or can even be entered/typed manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Remember Murphy's law.

We will do everything to minimize the chance and impact (2 completely different things) of GM corruption, but if it eventually happens, it will be dealt fast and with severity. Finding trustworthy people is not an easy task, and even if you find them, some might change after a while.

The idea of this topic is to help us to not make the same mistakes all other KO servers made. We are aware of many known issues, yet most of you focus on reporting the same things. Suggestions on how to deal with them will help us much more than just pointing the same things over and over again.

Ok, GM corruption is a well known issue. How would u prevent it?
    Private servers has grown well lately. It is almost impossible to cheat on some private servers, while you can cheat in usko with one click.

Once your ingame security is decent, you won't be in need of the GM's to search for cheaters ingame. Most of the private servers doesn't have active GMs, but they never face the cheating problem.

Also, a few solutions;

1. Never give database access to your Game Masters. 2. Change every command that your GM's may use for their personal gain by editing your server files. (E.g Spawn boss, tp boss to himself, move to boss) 3. Lower GM's R damage to 1, so they cannot kill bosses alone. 4. Never inject GM's with good items. 5. Remove GM's trade permission. (Can be done by editing files.) 6. Write a quick C# application to organise server file logs, so you can see which GM killed/spawned what easily. 7. Split GM's into two parts. The few you trust, can get GM characters ingame. The others, they can handle support issues in forums, or support suite with GM tag.

Even tho I don't think corruption will exist in Ko4Life KO, making too many GM's is meaningless. Players can use official forums to ask their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Instead, just lower potion prices to 1/10 or something, and change the procedure of treasury tax on server, so king still gets a decent amount of money to do events and plays can purchase potions easily.

I disagree with bowl monsters, especially Dulian and others. Bowl is fun when you can solo inside. With these bosses, almost noone bothers to check bowl while they are alone. Also, one of the strongest clan or the strongest party will just camp inside, while even the soloers have a decent chance of getting the drop against the party. Bach is one of the best bosses ingame because of it's low HP, and it makes the bowl more populated.

I completely agree with animations. Keep it like old KE. No stupid unnecessary glove/nova/skill effects, no strange looking npcs everywhere, no rofd skin. Keep it simple if you want to bring back the old KO feeling.

Automaster is not a good idea, but master item droprate must be well. Considering almost everyone is close to be a professional on private servers (Yeah, no more hp potting sins.) it will be hard for newbies to take drops, or get master. Keep it pretty easy, if possible.

Most important, keep the merchanting alive. As I mentioned in my older posts, reduce everything's price by 1/20. (e.g Bus for 100k, Soul potion for 800 coin, Silver Bar for 500k) Make the money worth something, so people can merchant and sell their goods while they are sleeping, which makes Ko4Life more fun, because instead of spamming chat all day long, people can buy the items they need just from merchants.
    King in the Breath/Piana map is pointless to do xp events. As the exp events don't count in CZ that the king makes, and in Breth/Piana it will only help the new beginners. No doubt it should happen once a while, but I'm saying it's pointless. The option that you mentioned in lowering the pot prices, seems fair, but then again that would mean that priests wouldn't make money from making pots... and that would also mean that everyone will be able to get pots. BUT if you put SBs on DMs as I mentioned before, that would mean that you have to farm and earn the stuff to actually be able to buy the pots instead of giving everyone an equal start off.

The point of KE was clan/party pk. I always had in mind that the people that solo, should only have the chance of getting a drop if they somehow ks and perhaps drain the monster first... but other then that, work with your clannies or party members to get the drop. I don't see the "top clans will just keep killing it" a problem as that's how good players/organized clans get separate from badly organized ones. Back in KE it was quite hard to solo a Bach/Bishop/Duke as the servers were much more packed and you would always find any enemy pretty much ever step you take, meaning that you wouldn't get that much time to kill it, but here however, don't expect a population of 2000-3000 people like it was back in the KE days, but probably expect a population of 500-1000 as the initial population.

Please take out the complex animations, especially the Japanese novas. Not only do they make you lag so much, but they also just ruin the party pk... so either I have to just delete the FX files for it and continue without seeing where I drop the nova, or stick with it and keep getting DCed.

I think that crudes/opals/crystals should once again have the highest rate drop at DKs like it was back in the day, at maybe a 10-20% rate from them and a 5-10% from all other mobs? As for all the other materials needed, the hard ones like Lesath Tails, Shaula Tails, the 3 Pendants, should drop 100% from the bosses, that way it won't take forever for people to get mastered. I remember 6 years ago, it took like the first people months and close to a year to master just because it was hard to collect the stuff and everyone was going after the same things.