Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 262

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe King in the Breath/Piana map is pointless to do xp events. As the exp events don't ...
Page: 15


  1. #211
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    King in the Breath/Piana map is pointless to do xp events. As the exp events don't count in CZ that the king makes, and in Breth/Piana it will only help the new beginners. No doubt it should happen once a while, but I'm saying it's pointless. The option that you mentioned in lowering the pot prices, seems fair, but then again that would mean that priests wouldn't make money from making pots... and that would also mean that everyone will be able to get pots. BUT if you put SBs on DMs as I mentioned before, that would mean that you have to farm and earn the stuff to actually be able to buy the pots instead of giving everyone an equal start off.

    The point of KE was clan/party pk. I always had in mind that the people that solo, should only have the chance of getting a drop if they somehow ks and perhaps drain the monster first... but other then that, work with your clannies or party members to get the drop. I don't see the "top clans will just keep killing it" a problem as that's how good players/organized clans get separate from badly organized ones. Back in KE it was quite hard to solo a Bach/Bishop/Duke as the servers were much more packed and you would always find any enemy pretty much ever step you take, meaning that you wouldn't get that much time to kill it, but here however, don't expect a population of 2000-3000 people like it was back in the KE days, but probably expect a population of 500-1000 as the initial population.

    Please take out the complex animations, especially the Japanese novas. Not only do they make you lag so much, but they also just ruin the party pk... so either I have to just delete the FX files for it and continue without seeing where I drop the nova, or stick with it and keep getting DCed.

    I think that crudes/opals/crystals should once again have the highest rate drop at DKs like it was back in the day, at maybe a 10-20% rate from them and a 5-10% from all other mobs? As for all the other materials needed, the hard ones like Lesath Tails, Shaula Tails, the 3 Pendants, should drop 100% from the bosses, that way it won't take forever for people to get mastered. I remember 6 years ago, it took like the first people months and close to a year to master just because it was hard to collect the stuff and everyone was going after the same things.
    Priests can earn money by making potions sounds fun, feels old, but it is just meaningless like going to war with sword and a shield on 21th century. I doubt any smart priest would be making potions to earn money in a private server, even if it is being leaded by Ko4life. It basicly, won't be a success. Keeping the balance between server's money and potion prices is something Ko4life staff should consider, but I really don't think we will see something like this.

    I have a high-end computer. I can run 2, maybe 3 Crysis or close games without any lags. However, in some private servers I get freeze for 5-6 seconds when a mage casts nova. It is really annoying. Please keep it simple, so even the people with low-speed computers can play Ko4life ko. (Or at least, people with decent computers can play without freezes.)

  2. #212
    u jelly aviv Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Slashing prices and increasing money drop are both solutions to fix one problem. Cash flow. Personally I don't like the idea of slashing prices, as all though I don't like wasting a lot of money on repotting, it was part of KE and should stay part of it. Of course everyone wants a private server where money matters and there is merchanting, that's where the pro's and con's of each idea come into play. But surely getting 3m an hour at apos isn't going to ruin merchanting? It will make it realistic, like when KE was out. People could farm and save up for a raptor 1, or buy scrolls from PUS and sell them at merchant to make a living. Reducing everything from npc and making coins scarce will just be complicated as they would have to do it for all npcs, including repair and sundries/armors etc also it would ruin CSW and kingship.

    Another problem is stun/slow rate. If there is one way to kill a server, it's making it too high. No one wants to get constantly stunned with stacked LR, it frustrates people and leads to rash decisions, you need to get this spot on so mages aren't over-powered or under-powered.

    Bifrost? Im neutral on this. Bifrost was probably the only good thing to ever come from an expansion past KE and I know a lot of people would like to see it, others wouldn't. Again, I'm neutral but maybe you could put it so the fragments don't drop Bifrost uniques, their just a henched version of abyss gems. Makes for another populated pk zone and another way to farm, because all together there's what? 10-20 DM's in cz... ?

  3. #213
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    100% drop rate on master quest items is retarded...they make the master quest nothing and u might as well just give everyone free master quest as soon as they get 60 its SUPPOSED to take a while to get master quest, ur supposed to be collecting the items as u lvl up...all the master quest bosses are killable with a single party or less at lvl 35+

    anyway current drop rates on server, keep in mind im assuming theyll be adjusted before any kind of live

    killing 20 of each
    lycaon: 65% for pendant to drop
    lobo: 45% for lobo
    lupus 45% for lupus

    all roughly around 50% drop rate which i think is perfectly fine






    as for bifrost, horrible idea! if people want "another abyss crystal" theres FT, which as far as i have heard is working 100%...bifrost made gear SOOOOOOOO easy to get, which ive always found to be a bad part of KO...gear should be worked for through farming, which is what gave anvil its ominous risk that people would lose the gear they worked so hard to get, if gear is easy to get people just throw shit on the anvil like theres no tomorrow

    also theres about 12-15 dm's in cz...but theres also like 20 or so in each eslant, and DM's only drop certain items...a glave +7>raptor+6, people forget that....they also forget that shell pieces drop off certain different mobs and DM's arent the ONLY thing to farm

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Slashing prices and increasing money drop are both solutions to fix one problem. Cash flow. Personally I don't like the idea of slashing prices, as all though I don't like wasting a lot of money on repotting, it was part of KE and should stay part of it. Of course everyone wants a private server where money matters and there is merchanting, that's where the pro's and con's of each idea come into play. But surely getting 3m an hour at apos isn't going to ruin merchanting? It will make it realistic, like when KE was out. People could farm and save up for a raptor 1, or buy scrolls from PUS and sell them at merchant to make a living. Reducing everything from npc and making coins scarce will just be complicated as they would have to do it for all npcs, including repair and sundries/armors etc also it would ruin CSW and kingship.

    Another problem is stun/slow rate. If there is one way to kill a server, it's making it too high. No one wants to get constantly stunned with stacked LR, it frustrates people and leads to rash decisions, you need to get this spot on so mages aren't over-powered or under-powered.

    Bifrost? Im neutral on this. Bifrost was probably the only good thing to ever come from an expansion past KE and I know a lot of people would like to see it, others wouldn't. Again, I'm neutral but maybe you could put it so the fragments don't drop Bifrost uniques, their just a henched version of abyss gems. Makes for another populated pk zone and another way to farm, because all together there's what? 10-20 DM's in cz... ?
    I don't think there is a Bifrost... there better not be as we did say we will things KE style.

    As for your stun/slow rate, I agree that it shouldn't be like 100%, but remember... mages especially at the start of the server, most of them will be 2-3 hits. Stun rate was never that great in KE, but ice rate was always good. Since I assume most mages will be going ice as it's KE, if you can't ice like at least 50-75% of the time with 100 glacier resistance,... then there is no point of even playing mage.

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    100% drop rate on master quest items is retarded...they make the master quest nothing and u might as well just give everyone free master quest as soon as they get 60 its SUPPOSED to take a while to get master quest, ur supposed to be collecting the items as u lvl up...all the master quest bosses are killable with a single party or less at lvl 35+

    anyway current drop rates on server, keep in mind im assuming theyll be adjusted before any kind of live

    killing 20 of each
    lycaon: 65% for pendant to drop
    lobo: 45% for lobo
    lupus 45% for lupus

    all roughly around 50% drop rate which i think is perfectly fine






    as for bifrost, horrible idea! if people want "another abyss crystal" theres FT, which as far as i have heard is working 100%...bifrost made gear SOOOOOOOO easy to get, which ive always found to be a bad part of KO...gear should be worked for through farming, which is what gave anvil its ominous risk that people would lose the gear they worked so hard to get, if gear is easy to get people just throw shit on the anvil like theres no tomorrow

    also theres about 12-15 dm's in cz...but theres also like 20 or so in each eslant, and DM's only drop certain items...a glave +7>raptor+6, people forget that....they also forget that shell pieces drop off certain different mobs and DM's arent the ONLY thing to farm
    Wake ta fuck up. No matter how much you want this to be the "good old days", it will never be the same. When was the last time you've played KO? Hmm? In KE, just for a warrior, u need all 3 pendents if I recall correctly, along with all the other stuff you have to farm. I don't need to continue this post honestly, just use your logic and think... is it retarded that there will be more valuable uniques out there (ROL/ROC/ROM/IN/IB...) then the amount of people mastered? I think so.

  5. #215
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Wake ta fuck up. No matter how much you want this to be the "good old days", it will never be the same. When was the last time you've played KO? Hmm? In KE, just for a warrior, u need all 3 pendents if I recall correctly, along with all the other stuff you have to farm. I don't need to continue this post honestly, just use your logic and think... is it retarded that there will be more valuable uniques out there (ROL/ROC/ROM/IN/IB...) then the amount of people mastered? I think so.
    ur so naive its ALMOST cute, but then it doesnt quite reach that point and just goes to straight to sad

    in KE private server, the actual server named Knight Empire not the version although it was KE version too, most people had their master items before they got 60 cuz the people who play private servers ARENT new players. we all know what drops what and what we need and people were downing bosses they needed since they could, which means guilds were roaming CZ at lvl 35 downing bosses every chance they could. this also allowed people to get higher class items to xp faster with too(EG: totemic clubs, raptors, shards, etc)

    50% drop rate for master items is high, theres no need for it to be 100%

  6. #216
    Senior Member Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Im Hungry!
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Played a priv server where all mobs drop 32k coins per mob.. even worms lol

    Btw!!!! speaking of money, i got a very important question!!!!!

    Will we lose money when we die in CZ?

    i hope the answer will be yes ^^
    Yes.

    (msg too short)

  7. #217
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    OK First of all

    Devil is head GM , he is not playing. Devile and I had a long chat and I'm still up loaded up on painkiller to sort the PR out on here ( it's 8.30am now). Devile has asked me not to play a normal char and we went over stuff and I will be using the champion char for the kill the GM events and running around showing my presance.

    Felix is my human GM char is a sin and uses Warrior shell with dex on so , sin can't use it unless thye are me and it is pointles for a warrior. I've got a heap of stuff for vaity and nothing else. I have given my word to Devile that I will not be making a char or leveling one. I will be GM'ing and running events. Rememeber I play WOW so I am not too bothered and for the great good and peace of mind for the comunity I care about I will do this.

    Camaz0tz is also one of the GM's and a seniour mod here , he too is not playing and only wants to help out.

    Joking aside about saying I would be dodgey I am actually offended by some people here thinking I would just make a normal char and give them those items to ownz a server I actually own. FFS I am 30 years old I have been working on these forums for 4 years, I've had chars most people would only have wet dreams about and you think I will pk on a GM char! Seriously your out of order for even suggesting ut.


    Devile will be on the server as the top GM , he told me he wanted to GM and I was like awsome. Devile will also be helping train me up so I can be one 100th as good s he was, because then I be a great GM. My char will stand out so you can see me and talk to me and I will help you out, seriously nothing sinsiter about tha.

  8. #218
    Sεмρяε Fι Senior Member CroNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,255

    Cool

    Cama, how's the anvil?
    I hope its gonna be harder than UsKo..
    Would ruine that old feeling if ppl will run with +7 items the first week and glowing dildos..

  9. #219
    Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Cama, how's the anvil?
    I hope its gonna be harder than UsKo..
    Would ruine that old feeling if ppl will run with +7 items the first week and glowing dildos..
    +1
    that ruins the feel completly.

  10. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    226

    Default

    since there wont be any reverse options i doubt there will be glowing dildos in the first week

  11. #221
    Sεмρяε Fι Senior Member CroNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,255

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    since there wont be any reverse options i doubt there will be glowing dildos in the first week
    Not rebirth/reverse thing.. but MD+8 is kinda easy to make
    You farm harpys for a day and you end up making +8 at the end of the day.
    Unless you lower the drop rate..

  12. #222
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Not rebirth/reverse thing.. but MD+8 is kinda easy to make
    You farm harpys for a day and you end up making +8 at the end of the day.
    Unless you lower the drop rate..
    and you gonna get bus how?

  13. #223
    Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    and you gonna get bus how?
    lol pwned


    its the money thats gonna be the problem, not the actual items.
    money for pots and bus is hell.

  14. #224
    Sεмρяε Fι Senior Member CroNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,255

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    and you gonna get bus how?
    Good point.. If bus are kinda hard to get, (not too hard) then it will definatly lower the +8 amount.
    But if you have like 5 +7 and a couple trinas.. slm +8 xD

  15. #225
    Finduilas
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    and you gonna get bus how?

    npc 90% of the md's you farmed?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •