Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 262

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe I assume you haven't played KE have you? If not I suggest you stop talking right ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I assume you haven't played KE have you? If not I suggest you stop talking right about now. There is no such a thing as serious pk, it's called going on buffs, or going on scrolls. Back then people used to play the game for entrainment and fun with other friends who were in the game, thus why most of them were on buffs, and thus why people didn't feel any kind of advantage as only like 2-3 parties out of all the 100 parties in war would. On the other hand, lately, starting from about ROFD, somehow people just started to turn so competitive about the game, and whatever I can give you a whole couple of paragraphs on the change, but that's when people started using scrolls alot. The point being, I don't see why you are even complaining, the scrolls will be in PUS, simple as that, buy them if you really need them, which from your complaints I see you will need them badly.
    You're so full of shit. Only the cheap asses would do things like wars and pk parties on buffs. Anyone who actually wanted to have fun (by not having to town every minute to get cure and rebuff) scrolled. If you didn't scroll you were lazy. Being competitive has absolutely nothing to do with scrolling. You must have played on some shitty servers because all of the people I knew scrolled for war and pk unless they were just going with randoms. I can say that I have never been in a pk party with friends whereat least 2/3 of the group was not scrolled. Maybe you should refresh your memory with some PK videos.

    And about the stable economy- that's because of numerous duping incidents and a few rollbacks/wipes which created wildly unstable inflation.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    You're so full of shit. Only the cheap asses would do things like wars and pk parties on buffs. Anyone who actually wanted to have fun (by not having to town every minute to get cure and rebuff) scrolled. If you didn't scroll you were lazy. Being competitive has absolutely nothing to do with scrolling. You must have played on some shitty servers because all of the people I knew scrolled for war and pk unless they were just going with randoms. I can say that I have never been in a pk party with friends whereat least 2/3 of the group was not scrolled. Maybe you should refresh your memory with some PK videos.

    And about the stable economy- that's because of numerous duping incidents and a few rollbacks/wipes which created wildly unstable inflation.
    Easy with the language first of all. Second of all, how long have you played KO for? 2 years max from what it seems? Cause this is no lie, this is how it was actually being done, people running on buffs most of the time. My server was Xydonis on MYKO from the start of beta Adonis until into its KE times until it closed down about 3 years ago, and the way I told my story is exactly what happened. Whether you would like to call me cheap or not, I don't care, simply due to the fact when I started playing KO 6 years ago I was a 14 year old kid who didn't have money on his own, and with the strict parents I have I didn't even try asking them money for a game as they would say it's a waste of time and money. Same goes for most of the other people, the server population 6 years ago was either based on kids around my age or teens/early-adults usually maxing age of 20, and especially since it was a Malaysian server (sort of poor country) people didn't buy them for money in PUS.

    Your point as to the pk videos is biased. Take a look at all the BETA and KE times pk videos, and you would mostly see people scrolled, but then again it's not that many videos that there is on youtube from those times, and I wouldn't even dream of frapsing myself going on buffs, thus why there is only so few videos of people with scrolls. When I moved from MYKO to USKO was the time I didn't have to worry about scrolls as I had simply a continous amount, as did everyone else, thus why you come up with this logic "pretty much all people pk on scrolls now, so THEY MUST have pked on scrolls back then". Although you are wrong.

    Ask anyone on here how it was played in beta/ke times and they will tell you it's not a lie. If you are such an idiot to believe so, then all I can say is keeping talking non-sense and keeping thinking that you are right when you haven't even played back then.

  3. #33
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I'm done. You can't form a coherent argument. Just don't put in some stupid restrictions to make people pk with buffs instead of scrolls.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I'm done. You can't form a coherent argument. Just don't put in some stupid restrictions to make people pk with buffs instead of scrolls.
    A coherent argument? You my friend, are an idiot, as this isn't a debatable topic, it's simple facts from the past, and the facts being that people usually ran on buffs. And once again, an idiot by not reading what I wrote from the previous post... scrolls will be in the PUS, thus why I don't see why you gotta QQ about something that's going to be there for you? fuking retards these days...

  5. #35
    Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maryland/WV
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    I remember pking on buffs all the time in old KO or no buffs at all lol, didn't use scrolls till KE came out, not because I didn't want too, I just didn't care if I died or not, just wanted to have fun with friends..

  6. #36
    DoNotMess
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I remember pking on buffs all the time in old KO or no buffs at all lol, didn't use scrolls till KE came out, not because I didn't want too, I just didn't care if I died or not, just wanted to have fun with friends..
    +1 i remember going to cz on a level 55 archer and getting rolled lol. good times.

  7. #37
    Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maryland/WV
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    I remember the first time i was ever in cz, it was about a little while after diez came out and someone started to attack me and I was like wtf is going on lol.. I didn't really know what cz was lol..

    Sorry to go off-topic..

  8. #38
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    You're so full of shit.
    U, Sir, just earned a "" coz i actually woke up. 2 pages of monotonus text.


    And 2nd "" coz chapterhouse is the new dune.

  9. #39
    Finduilas
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah, I've always pkd on buffs too .. xD Like theunbeatable said, we were kids, no money, no anything. xD And yes, it was a bitch with wolfffff swifffffft buffffff (aka WOFFFL SW›FFFF BAFFFF), but it was either buffs or nothing. xD

    I know like 60% or more of the priests was a buffer, that's why i ask: if a lot of ppl will (have to) pk on buffs, will there be enough ppl playing priests to keep everyone buffed? Some might quit playing the class. I remember in the old times, hardly anyone was healer (bad for exp), and debuffers were only used as ressers. xD

  10. #40
    =_=" Senior Member soenne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Panama City
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    There is no creating a stable market, it's simply copying the older version of the game. Personally I found it redicilously easy to make money in USKO on ROFD/FF version... while back in MYKO KE I remember at the beginning I felt sorry for wasting 10 mil on a crimson +7 robe, as the money there isn't easy to make at all, as it only would come from CSW. So if you want to make the market stable, and make the coins extremely valuble, once again, do whatever was done in KE, as back then it was extremely rare for anyone to have over a couple of million. I remember even the top players and top clan leaders only had to about 10gb at max points,... as for myself, I remember having 120mil at one point, and back then people would be like "WOW".
    I always find it funny how people compare old days with nowadays. Backdays people didnt care if they only had 10M, cuz they didnt know better. Hence I ran around with a rare viper +6/48 till I was 61 cuz I only did PVE. Nowadays, noone would do that. Its the same with pking on buffs. Backdays it was routine, nowadays almost noone would do it as well.

    You guys seriously need to stop comparing the old days with standards of today. It doesnt matter if you're going with the total old concept, those days won't come back, Ever.

    If you keep the coin drop so low and the BUS + Pot costs so high, everyone will start to complain. Trust me on that. You guys seriously need to think this through and do modifications. You really think people will go back and PK on full plate and a cleaver +5 or what? Get real and do a reality check please.

  11. #41
    Senior Member NatGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I always find it funny how people compare old days with nowadays. Backdays people didnt care if they only had 10M, cuz they didnt know better. Hence I ran around with a rare viper +6/48 till I was 61 cuz I only did PVE. Nowadays, noone would do that. Its the same with pking on buffs. Backdays it was routine, nowadays almost noone would do it as well.

    You guys seriously need to stop comparing the old days with standards of today. It doesnt matter if you're going with the total old concept, those days won't come back, Ever.

    If you keep the coin drop so low and the BUS + Pot costs so high, everyone will start to complain. Trust me on that. You guys seriously need to think this through and do modifications. You really think people will go back and PK on full plate and a cleaver +5 or what? Get real and do a reality check please.
    big +1... thats why the farm server at sexyko failed...

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I always find it funny how people compare old days with nowadays. Backdays people didnt care if they only had 10M, cuz they didnt know better. Hence I ran around with a rare viper +6/48 till I was 61 cuz I only did PVE. Nowadays, noone would do that. Its the same with pking on buffs. Backdays it was routine, nowadays almost noone would do it as well.

    You guys seriously need to stop comparing the old days with standards of today. It doesnt matter if you're going with the total old concept, those days won't come back, Ever.

    If you keep the coin drop so low and the BUS + Pot costs so high, everyone will start to complain. Trust me on that. You guys seriously need to think this through and do modifications. You really think people will go back and PK on full plate and a cleaver +5 or what? Get real and do a reality check please.
    1) It's just comparing. I have no doubts that pretty much the whole server will buy the scrolls off NPC, because that's what they have been used to in ROFD/FF... meaning that it won't be like back in BETA/KE were most of the people ran on buffs.
    2) Keeping the coin drop on the down low will keep the market in control in a way I would say, that is of course if we implement the 9999hp/mp pots to be bought in the PUS. As I said, this would probably be the biggest advantage PUS item, the pots, but for those regular players that can't afford to spend money, well the pots prices should be decreased. This way what else would you need money for other then repotting? Nothing except to gear yourself up, armors/weapons/uniques.
    3) And yes people will pk with plate armor and cleavers +5 at the beginning, because they will realize "hey that dude over there has the same shit as i have, seems even"... it's not like someone is going to have a shell set +7 with rappy +7 while most of the other people will roll with plater armor +5 and cleavers +5.

    So reality check.... checked.

  13. #43
    Finduilas
    Guest

    Default

    On aristona's server, they increased the upgrade cost of every item to drain cash out of the server.

  14. #44
    =_=" Senior Member soenne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Panama City
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    1) It's just comparing. I have no doubts that pretty much the whole server will buy the scrolls off NPC, because that's what they have been used to in ROFD/FF... meaning that it won't be like back in BETA/KE were most of the people ran on buffs.
    We had scrolls in PUS for like 50cent a stack and everyone complained. I'm sure, old players will like it, but new players wont. Like it or not, you'll mostly need players that didnt play KE to keep this server up and running, so you'll have to fulfill their wishes as well.


    2) Keeping the coin drop on the down low will keep the market in control in a way I would say, that is of course if we implement the 9999hp/mp pots to be bought in the PUS. As I said, this would probably be the biggest advantage PUS item, the pots, but for those regular players that can't afford to spend money, well the pots prices should be decreased. This way what else would you need money for other then repotting? Nothing except to gear yourself up, armors/weapons/uniques.
    Lets hypotically say that pots arent an issue, what about buying a simple BUS for 2.4M? Let's say you got a glave dropped and you want it to +5, that takes 11M. How much mobs you need to kill and loot every single drop to get the 11M?

    Yes you can add silver bars to DMs, but don't forget that not everyone got a clan to farm DMs. Again, you'll need to think about the players that can't rely on a strong clan.

    3) And yes people will pk with plate armor and cleavers +5 at the beginning, because they will realize "hey that dude over there has the same shit as i have, seems even"... it's not like someone is going to have a shell set +7 with rappy +7 while most of the other people will roll with plater armor +5 and cleavers +5.

    So reality check.... checked.
    Lol if you really think that, well then ... No words. Sure they'll PK the first 1-2 weeks on full plates, but if you really think people wont mind pking with a crappy set for a month, then you're seriously wrong.

    On aristona's server, they increased the upgrade cost of every item to drain cash out of the server.
    I thought Aristona told me they lowered BUS + Pot costs. Dno for sure. Thought there was a dupe method working as well for some days. As I said, if no dupe works, having a stable and good market will be the biggest issue. I've played like 2-3 good privates, and noone managed to make a stable market. On SexyKO, we tried it with adding BUS to a mob and let bronze coins drop on moradon mobs, but that didnt work out xD Everyone seems to underestimate this, but imo this is top priority. Stable market > all. Makes farming worth doing imo xD

  15. #45
    Senior Member SSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AUSTRALIA!!!
    Posts
    761

    Default

    well several servers where i played a major issue was hackers crashing the server
    though from so many ppl here i'd expect that it were 100% secure, but still, server crashes make many people leave, it also needs regular restarts to make sure its all running smoothly

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •