Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Didn't bother reading the entire arguement, but as of right now even on USKO. There's still people that PK with ...
Page: 4

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Didn't bother reading the entire arguement, but as of right now even on USKO. There's still people that PK with buffs. Those are the people that simply don't care enough to be spending real money on KC for the scrolls, or can't afford them. Scrolls have a certain value on there, of course you can obtain them through the in-game market, but unlike every random private server there is you won't be seeing people on scrolls 24/7. Hence my idea posted in the previous topic, sell the hp/ac/swift/ap scrolls at a very high value (100-150m each) on the NPCs where at still obtainable from power-up store for say... 3-4$ a stack. If it works out as supposed to, you'll still have people donating for the scrolls as the money has an actual worth to it on the server and is rather hard obtainable. That way donators would also be able selling their scrolls for a lower value on the market (say 20-30m each) and gain their own profit out of it. You'd be required to have an actual buffer to xp with, rather than xp on scrolls the second you reach level 40.

Scrolls should never be for free, under any circumstances, That's one of the major flaws that ruins the pk on just about every private server there is. As every priest aims for the same build, be it 60-57-5 or 60-60-2, it's just a massive duff spam. Buffers ARE neccessary to keep a server balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Didn't bother reading the entire arguement, but as of right now even on USKO. There's still people that PK with buffs. Those are the people that simply don't care enough to be spending real money on KC for the scrolls, or can't afford them. Scrolls have a certain value on there, of course you can obtain them through the in-game market, but unlike every random private server there is you won't be seeing people on scrolls 24/7. Hence my idea posted in the previous topic, sell the hp/ac/swift/ap scrolls at a very high value (100-150m each) on the NPCs where at still obtainable from power-up store for say... 3-4$ a stack. If it works out as supposed to, you'll still have people donating for the scrolls as the money has an actual worth to it on the server and is rather hard obtainable. That way donators would also be able selling their scrolls for a lower value on the market (say 20-30m each) and gain their own profit out of it. You'd be required to have an actual buffer to xp with, rather than xp on scrolls the second you reach level 40.

Scrolls should never be for free, under any circumstances, That's one of the major flaws that ruins the pk on just about every private server there is. As every priest aims for the same build, be it 60-57-5 or 60-60-2, it's just a massive duff spam. Buffers ARE neccessary to keep a server balanced.
    You're really think majority of people will be able to farm 150 mils without any modifications about coin drops?

Besides, hardcore farm servers dont work out. You'll have to find an easier KO server. I'm pro hardcore farmservers, but most dont. Thats why I still fail to see how you guys think that people will

a) Spend hundreds of hours on xp
    b) are willing to PK in full plates +5/+6
    c) are willing to pk on buffs

wawh

A good way to create a noah economy is to simply let the monster drop valueable items

Take for example, because you're staying with the old version
    Let dark stone/dark mares.. Would be the 2 highest mobs drop Gold coins (1mil value) at like 60% rate with an extra 15-20% rate of chance with silver bars (10mil)...

And then you could for example let bosses drop gold bars (100mil) drop at 10%
    This creates not only coins to buy pots for active people but bosses won't be totally useless to kill for some...

Now many private servers. People just don't have a strong clan or friends enough to kill DM/DS or even bosses. Get some mob that everyone can go to drop coins of 500k or 100k w/e thats easy obtainable... For example apostles/trolls/ etc, something that's worth killing but still easy for all

Rates ofcourse don't have to be this xD.. I would take them even lower since CSW and kingship puts ALOT of money into the economy

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Im kinda cooking up some consept for ingame economics atm. But soennes right, its far from this: mob nr 1 drops buses, mob nr 2 drops medals, mob nr 3 drops high value NPCable things; scrolls are in bus, mobs drop coins, ppl merchant stuff, server happy.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    You're really think majority of people will be able to farm 150 mils without any modifications about coin drops?

Besides, hardcore farm servers dont work out. You'll have to find an easier KO server. I'm pro hardcore farmservers, but most dont. Thats why I still fail to see how you guys think that people will

a) Spend hundreds of hours on xp
    b) are willing to PK in full plates +5/+6
    c) are willing to pk on buffs

No, I don't. Which is the whole concept behind it. It'll eliminate free scrolls from the server for AT LEAST the first 1 month if not more while the players are more focused on exp'ing still, thus will require a buffer to xp with rather than just abuse the fact that you can hop around and be scrolled 24/7 on your common private server.

More income from donations thus more money for the charity.

Donators will be abusing the fact that scrolls are of high value, thus selling theirs for cheap in moradon, thus better and stable market economy, thus yet again more donations.

It is, the same princip USKO goes by at this very moment, but rather than having them live by purchaseable scrolls only, they'll be sold at NPCs just as well. 100-150m my by an exaggeration, it certainly is as I haven't given all too much thought to it just yet, but 50-70m is very do-able.

How do you think people on USKO go by getting money? Especially in the old days. Be smart about what u use your money for, exp with MP absorb weapons to save up on pots, farm goblins and other mobs that are good income of coins. It really isn't hard to make 30-50m a day by plain farming, I used to do it all the time back in USKO... heck, even then I wasn't farming really but rather xping with my leet Large Breaker +6/10 MP Absorb.

Banned

I agree with schrotti. Buffers are useless when the scrolls are sold in store for very low prive. But the 150m-200m is only possible if the market is working. Most of private servers have no money value, everyone has 21gb. It's not that easy to make the market work, so far haven't seen any ps with a "working" market.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tompsu View Post
    I agree with schrotti. Buffers are useless when the scrolls are sold in store for very low prive. But the 150m-200m is only possible if the market is working. Most of private servers have no money value, everyone has 21gb. It's not that easy to make the market work, so far haven't seen any ps with a "working" market.

maybe not have the scrolls in stores for the first week?
    that would make buffers essential, and you would have some time to build up a marked before adding them to the stores for a reasonable price.

No, I don't. Which is the whole concept behind it. It'll eliminate free scrolls from the server for AT LEAST the first 1 month if not more while the players are more focused on exp'ing still, thus will require a buffer to xp with rather than just abuse the fact that you can hop around and be scrolled 24/7 on your common private server.

More income from donations thus more money for the charity.

Donators will be abusing the fact that scrolls are of high value, thus selling theirs for cheap in moradon, thus better and stable market economy, thus yet again more donations.

It is, the same princip USKO goes by at this very moment, but rather than having them live by purchaseable scrolls only, they'll be sold at NPCs just as well. 100-150m my by an exaggeration, it certainly is as I haven't given all too much thought to it just yet, but 50-70m is very do-able.

How do you think people on USKO go by getting money? Especially in the old days. Be smart about what u use your money for, exp with MP absorb weapons to save up on pots, farm goblins and other mobs that are good income of coins. It really isn't hard to make 30-50m a day by plain farming, I used to do it all the time back in USKO... heck, even then I wasn't farming really but rather xping with my leet Large Breaker +6/10 MP Absorb.
    As I said, I'm pro privates where scrolls are only obtainable by USD or sold at sundries for a decent price, however alot will complain about it. I suggest to let some scrolls drop by certain strong mobs. But thats just how I see it. If you only put a low percentage of certain scrolls drop (sw/ap imo), it will get more people to play here

About MP absorp weaps. As I said already before, you cant compare old days with nowadays. No way you'll get people to play agian with MP weaps to save mana. People are used to fast xping. Thats why I also said that I do not see people running around with rare weapons as they did backdays or with crystal +5 set. People want instant chitin +5/+6 and if you dont modify the coin drops, you'll get alot of bitching.

Oh yea, exagerate much about goblin coins? 30-50 mils a day? Rofl, I remember in old KO times I once had to farm 10M for a salamander +6 and it took me days to farm it togheter at goblins (I even was a mage backdays).

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    As I said, I'm pro privates where scrolls are only obtainable by USD or sold at sundries for a decent price, however alot will complain about it. I suggest to let some scrolls drop by certain strong mobs. But thats just how I see it. If you only put a low percentage of certain scrolls drop (sw/ap imo), it will get more people to play here

About MP absorp weaps. As I said already before, you cant compare old days with nowadays. No way you'll get people to play agian with MP weaps to save mana. People are used to fast xping. Thats why I also said that I do not see people running around with rare weapons as they did backdays or with crystal +5 set. People want instant chitin +5/+6 and if you dont modify the coin drops, you'll get alot of bitching.

Oh yea, exagerate much about goblin coins? 30-50 mils a day? Rofl, I remember in old KO times I once had to farm 10M for a salamander +6 and it took me days to farm it togheter at goblins (I even was a mage backdays).
    No, on goblins, I remember for me, 1 pretty much full day got me around 10 mil coins.

As for scrolls the only possible thing that could probably happen is if we put 1000hp/150ac scrolls in sundries, but then again, that will ruin the game.

Then I suppose you didn't have premium, or were just slacking around.

back in the days, mastadons, gobs and uruks were pretty much the best money source. In fact, mastadons probably still are... You easily make 4-5m/hour on them.

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    As for scrolls the only possible thing that could probably happen is if we put 1000hp/150ac scrolls in sundries.
    That's what i was thinking too. Weren't those available too on ke? Or maybe on myko? They're nice for those who want to do something solo once in a while, yet buffers will still be around a lot for pk/bigger exp.

Axarus

back in the days, mastadons, gobs and uruks were pretty much the best money source. In fact, mastadons probably still are... You easily make 4-5m/hour on them.
    ya i remember in KE days always some sins were at cz mastodons per horr u can make easy 3m but it depends what premium u had cause at Gold u had more coins per 1 blood i think its still good way to make some money

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

that's true i didn't have prem bak in KE, so that could be well the reason... so i can't judge how much u gain with prem

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    That's what i was thinking too. Weren't those available too on ke? Or maybe on myko? They're nice for those who want to do something solo once in a while, yet buffers will still be around a lot for pk/bigger exp.
    no, they weren't available in myko. but if we put them in sundries here, sure it will still make people to buy the 1500/300 from PUS, but most people will be dependent on 1000/150 as they will get irritated for sure after all the debuffing.

I think 15-20m is an OK price from an NPC. You gotta remember that everyone needs 3 kinds of scrolls, so 100-150 is just unrealistic. Even 30-50 is high assuming that the coins are just coming from drops. Also I think the prices in the PUS will be lower than the $3-$4 you are estimating, but I could be wrong, and the USD value should determine the value of scrolls which should in turn determine the cost at an NPC. I don't think you want to make it so its if you dont want to spend real money then you have to pay way too much from an NPC. You want it so that it is a slightly higher price for if/when scrolls from the PUS are not being sold.

Yeah... I don't think you quite understand. You don't want to make the scrolls worthless but rather make you cry in vain everytime you just so much think of buying them.

Not one donator's going to buy and resell scrolls, not one. If you get them for a cheap fucking 15mill of the sundries, would you waste your money on the PUS just to get a fast... 5m from merchanting scrolls? Hell no.

50m I can deal with, the higher the better... But anything below that is just plain retarded. You don't ever want people to be scrolled 24/7, it destroys the pk, it gets rid of having a buffer, it ruins xp and all you'll be seeing on the server are 20 priests stacked up on eachother spam subsiding and tormenting the shit out of you.
    Last edited by schrotti; 12-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast