Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; I completely agree with Schrotti. What about making 1k/150/sw like 15m, and then 1.5/300/ap around 40-50m....
Page: 5

I completely agree with Schrotti. What about making 1k/150/sw like 15m, and then 1.5/300/ap around 40-50m.

Well I don't know why someone would sell scrolls for 5m when they are competing against 15m. Thats besides the point though. The price is totally irrelevant without knowing what the economy looks like. If you are farming mastodons for money, no one is gonna pay 50m for a stack of scrolls. If thats what you want so people pk with buffers then they will have virtually no chance against people who buy scrolls because scrollers will have a debuffer (buffed parties may or may not, more likely not since debuffers will be mostly in higher end clans who use scrolls) and all they need is a cure while you will need a cure and rebuff.
    P.S. Now I'm going to buy PUS items to resell just to prove you wrong

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

I only remember one server where i actually saw buffers. But it was coz ppl got 14k hp with undy.

Tbh, i would be awsome to see actuall buffers in cz, pking. Scrolls are cool and shit but i rly miss rouges swifting and wolfing, instead of LFing around inside a blue cloud.

But speaking about balance, lets say in server with no scrolls. Mages stun more and fights overall would be slightly more boring with more running away and less "critical party strikes". Cps means when due to some incident (i.e priest dies all of a sudden), whole party is rolled rly fast. These are just 2 things that popped on my head. I dont make a "GO SCROLLS" point with it tho.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Well I don't know why someone would sell scrolls for 5m when they are competing against 15m. Thats besides the point though. The price is totally irrelevant without knowing what the economy looks like. If you are farming mastodons for money, no one is gonna pay 50m for a stack of scrolls. If thats what you want so people pk with buffers then they will have virtually no chance against people who buy scrolls because scrollers will have a debuffer (buffed parties may or may not, more likely not since debuffers will be mostly in higher end clans who use scrolls) and all they need is a cure while you will need a cure and rebuff.
    P.S. Now I'm going to buy PUS items to resell just to prove you wrong
    Why would you waste money to resell PUS items if they're sold for 15mill at sundries? It's not worth it and even if it is, you'll have to compete with the others selling the scrolls, which is why the prices will drop more and more. You cant just expect someone to buy them for say 13m because right next to you is going to be a guy merching them for 10m, obviously you'll want to sell yours fast or any other guy will so you'll put them down to 9m, etc etc etc all the way down to 5m a stack.

You forget about CSW and Kings. It's not only the castle holders profiting from the CSW money but the entire market in moradon, that is if the owners are stupid and rather spend all their cash than control the market with it, anyhow.. people will buy items from the market, be it scrolls, shields, pus items, armors, weapons, jewels.. anything thus you'll yet again be making money and be more than able to afford your pots and scrolls. It worked on myko beta, myko, cnko and twko as well as it still works on usko krko and japko I don't see no reason why it shouldnt work on ko4lifeko (cheesy name to ruin the point of this post).

Besides Shady, we both know you won't be donating... Not you. You'll be talking Wayne into doing it for you
    Last edited by schrotti; 12-14-2009 at 02:31 PM.

I mean that it should be a more reasonable price which at the start of the server with people farming mastodons as a primary source of money would be a lot more like 15-20m than 50 or 150. Including CSW banks and such would obviously make the prices higher, but as I said before these numbers mean nothing. It all depends on what the economy looks like. But as you increase the prices, you also increase the power of the donators. Sure you're not selling items liek CS, HB, etc. in the PUS, but every stack of scrolls they buy will be x amount of gold that is free to purchase other stuff.

Anyways I don't even care really, I'm just bored. Lets just kill server first isiloon k?
    Last edited by SlmShady; 12-14-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Schrotti loves penis

I mean that it should be a more reasonable price which at the start of the server with people farming mastodons as a primary source of money would be a lot more like 15-20m than 50 or 150. Including CSW banks and such would obviously make the prices higher, but as I said before these numbers mean nothing. It all depends on what the economy looks like. But as you increase the prices, you also increase the power of the donators. Sure you're not selling items liek CS, HB, etc. in the PUS, but every stack of scrolls they buy will be x amount of gold that is free to purchase other stuff.
    That's the whole point. Keep people from getting too many scrolls as long as you can. They'll be forced to xp, farm, kill bosses and partially even PK on buffs. Thus making the entire game more interesting as not every single priest there is on the server is going to be spam tormenting, parasiting and subsiding you.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    That's the whole point. Keep people from getting too many scrolls as long as you can. They'll be forced to xp, farm, kill bosses and partially even PK on buffs. Thus making the entire game more interesting as not every single priest there is on the server is going to be spam tormenting, parasiting and subsiding you.
    Any thoughts on lebensraum?

Fuck you.

Any thoughts on lebensraum?
    Please tell me that was a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Funny how most of you failed to see the biggest problem and yet no private has succeed to solve it.

How to create a stable market? We all know that coin drops in USKO arent enough to create a stable market. So how are the plans to solve this?
    We had greatest uniques on merchants such as Ring of Life (not even for 999m) on Knight Imperia as a "farm server" until server got attacked and hacked once by Mo3head. I doubt someone else suceeded it as a farm server. It was a step we took to keep merchanting alive, and I believe we succeeded. The solution is easy. "Secure it, and decrease all the item/coin prices to 1/20." For example, a bus normally worths 2.6m, make it 130k. The max amount of coin you can obtain is 32000, lower it to 1600. A potion of soul costs 17000, lower it to 850. Are you selling Bus to npc? It will give you 20k instead of 400k. So, money will be very valuable. As a benefit; 1. It increased our online count by 25-30 due to amount of merchanters. 2. Our community liked it. 3. It will be easy for players to sell/buy the items they want by merchanting, instead of spamming moradon 7/24 and harassing other users. An addition like this can be done in Ko4Life KO. However, editing the TBL file and updating the client takes a bit time.

Just to make an addition to my older post;

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    I thought Aristona told me they lowered BUS + Pot costs. Dno for sure. Thought there was a dupe method working as well for some days. As I said, if no dupe works, having a stable and good market will be the biggest issue. I've played like 2-3 good privates, and noone managed to make a stable market. On SexyKO, we tried it with adding BUS to a mob and let bronze coins drop on moradon mobs, but that didnt work out xD Everyone seems to underestimate this, but imo this is top priority. Stable market all. Makes farming worth doing imo xD
    Do whatever you want to do, if you want a stable market, you should "take the money off from the server." Money only switches players on purchases and sales. You should make your NPC's "somewhat important." Else money keeps stacking ans stacking.

That is why, we added a small "Upgrade Fee" for the items over +5. (Like how you lose 500k on upgrading unique weapons.) If I remember right, it was 50k for +6 and +7 (on KI money rates [1/20]) and 300k for +8. It really helped the economy in long term. Also we did not get offended by the community for this, as we get after every nerf.

Scrolls in Sundries is a good idea, but seriously, putting "Silver Bar" drops to Worms and putting scrolls for 50m to Sundries is not a logical attempt of draining money from the server.

Finduilas

silver bars have to come from somewhere though. for quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    silver bars have to come from somewhere though. for quests?

NPCs, DMs and FAs.

Mavetse

i would like to play in a server that we all could have equal items. so, we could see whos really good. and not a server with only no life kids farming for +3 or shit. so we could give everyone a opportunity to play, not only no life farmers :<

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavetse View Post
    i would like to play in a server that we all could have equal items. so, we could see whos really good. and not a server with only no life kids farming for +3 or shit. so we could give everyone a opportunity to play, not only no life farmers :<
    what you are talking about here is just about all the other pk servers around..
    I think the ko4life team will make something unqiue.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast