Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by yoav3211 make sure that a big party gets better xp so that way clan will rule in ...
Page: 7

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoav3211 View Post
    make sure that a big party gets better xp
    so that way clan will rule in ur server
    8 men party > 2
    make sure you do that..
    else nobody can xp.. each spot will be taken by 2 players..
    That's actually quite a good idea, that full party's xp should be increased.... of course that the 2 man party should still have the better xp as it would take longer to kill, but the 8 man shouldn't be way off.

ps. I love being cocky at this point,... simply because alot of you know which clan will rule the server ^^.

Finduilas

Oh rly? lol.. What clan is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
    Oh rly? lol.. What clan is that?
    theReapers™ duh!

Cool

will MP daggers drop?
    its nice to save money and pots

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    will MP daggers drop?
    its nice to save money and pots
    Now that will make LOTS of people quit if they have to exp on mp weapons.. lol

DoNotMess

Well when you're killing Apos and Trolls, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    Now that will make LOTS of people quit if they have to exp on mp weapons.. lol
    Thats what i've been telling over and over and over.

You can NOT expect people to go back to the really old times where you xped very slow, where you took time to interact with others by doing craps etc. People got used (ty ROFD) to do everything fast. Get themselves +8 in a month, being 70 in a month etc. I still dont see how you guys think alot will be willing to go back to those old days. I'd be more than happy to see those really old days back, but I refuse to believe this is possible.

Proof me wrong and I'll glady apologize my whining about this xD

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Thats what i've been telling over and over and over.

You can NOT expect people to go back to the really old times where you xped very slow, where you took time to interact with others by doing craps etc. People got used (ty ROFD) to do everything fast. Get themselves +8 in a month, being 70 in a month etc. I still dont see how you guys think alot will be willing to go back to those old days. I'd be more than happy to see those really old days back, but I refuse to believe this is possible.

Proof me wrong and I'll glady apologize my whining about this xD

Oh, but it's rather easy.

You have plenty of people on here that have been wanting and waiting for exactly that, for the past few years. They'll play it no matter what and with that you get the countless of "followers" playing the server just for the sole fact of getting the chance to go up against the "old, known and legendary" people. Eventually you'll have followers of those followers and followers of the follower's followers. It's a pyramid, it may take some time and minor adjusting here and there but I'm quite certain one way or the other, this server will beat any other private server there has ever been in numbers - ever.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post

You have plenty of people on here that have been wanting and waiting for exactly that, for the past few years. They'll play it no matter what and with that you get the countless of "followers" playing the server just for the sole fact of getting the chance to go up against the "old, known and legendary" people. Eventually you'll have followers of those followers and followers of the follower's followers. It's a pyramid, it may take some time and minor adjusting here and there but I'm quite certain one way or the other, this server will beat any other private server there has ever been in numbers - ever.
    The point is people want the old times back because they were more fun. While that may be true, a lot of the desire comes from the exaggeration of how good it actually was back then. When they realize that its not going to be a fun time xping and talking to people and will be more like zr skill with hours between someone saying something in party chat, they will get bored. When they realize that this isnt the good old days and nothing will bring that back, they'll be unhappy. Its a totally different mindset now. People aren't happy just leveling to 60 and pking. They want 70. There is no debate over whether comboing is legal or a bug. You combo or you might as well not even play. They don't just want hard xp back. They want everything, and that's just impossible to give them.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post

Alot of those oldies who want such kind of private back will be the first ones to cry about it how hard it actually wil be.

wawh

Regardless of thinking oldies will come back and staying (low chance)

The old KO version and even KE required you to have no social life...
    This was possible in the early days cause everything was new, exciting, adventure and you had numerous of goals, you forgot about the life outside of KO and wanted to reach those goals.

The game spirit has changed since then. Everything needs to be fast and you have just 1 goal which you want to reach as fast as possible.
    After reaching that goal or while trying to reach it, you understand it's simply not worth it and here you'll find yourself making a leaving topic on the forums...

Believe it or not schrotti, those glory days won't come back simply because KO is a boring game without much goals to reach and variety
    And without having a fine knowledge of programming languages and LOOOAADSSSSS of free time, the game will stay exactly the same

I agree with you wawh, i remmember when i was just starting on ke, i didn't care about pk, or even know what was it... i had fun only lvling and i barely knew how to play... nowdays, i can't xp more than 3-4 hours a day as much, cuz i just find it absolutely borred, i need to pk... but still it feels good when you reach the lvl you want, or when you make that item you were farming for shitload of time... I think like wawh, most of the "oldies" quitted long time ago and i don't think they will come back... I realy don't get the idea of making a server just like usko, but i think, that if you don't make it easier on xp/coins/items, this server will be a fail... btw, this is only my opinion, we must see what happens after server starts... i just see you guys realy excited for having a server like it was 4 years ago, pwning noobs on plates and npc weapons +3, but the glory days of ko will never come back...

Banned Member

Ko4lifeKO will definately not be the biggest in numbers.
    There was some turk server , IronKo I think that had 3-4k players online at a time in it's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by IOwnYouMoan View Post
    Ko4lifeKO will definately not be the biggest in numbers.
    There was some turk server , IronKo I think that had 3-4k players online at a time in it's peak.
    I would like to see that actually, the link that is.

I however would love schrotti's idea, but I also know that what other people say will def happen. To be honest, back then it was much harder to level, thus why only about 1% of the whole server was 70 and pking while the rest were leveling and chilling with each other. That 99% of the people, honest to say, didn't pretty much even know what pk was about. I'm not going to lie, but for the first 2 years I found it much more interesting having to lure 10/15 harpy spawns then pking in cz. But quite a few years have passed ever since and lots of things have changed. Back then, yes I loved leveling more then pking, but as the KE times were ending, and I entered the USKO ROFD version came into play, I was all about pk. All I'm trying to say, it is true, times have changed, and all I'm saying some people are for the KE times where it's slow, and some are just for pk,... and it should be balanced, so in between the 2 sides.

Finduilas

That's why the exp cant be exactly like on usko in "the days". I agree it should be slow(er), but not ultra slow.. xD

And ppl will talk a lot during grinding too imo. If there's that many ppl from diff servers coming together again, there might be a lot of "old day" stories to be shared. xD

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast