View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll

89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

23 14.56%

11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

0 0%

13 8.23%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; If you dont put enough items you will have a random private server with every1 same items and no1 can ...
Page: 2

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

If you dont put enough items you will have a random private server with every1 same items and no1 can kill eachother. Just do the rofd items imo.. Then you got plenty of setups.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    No, I'm saying they imbalance the game. The rings, the earrings all the extra bonuses and stats are just increasing your hp and ac and resistances even more and more and more, thus being a major fuck up as we then again have the scenario of items > skills.
    At lvl 70 they don't add a whole lot. You have to remember at lower lvls stat bonuses are less than at higher lvls, which makes the stat bonuses of higher grade uniques more at lvl 80 or 83. If you have a lvl 70 warrior with full uniques i.e. PE's IN IB and dual ROCs and compare it to dual ROF's its not as much of a difference as ROC+1s considering all the hp and mana u gain with ROC+1s.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Yet the resistances and the extra HP, say of a personal sword/dagger +7, is still quite a lot and makes a noticeable differnce. And you're going to tell me the personal shields are not going to affect the pk a lot? Every priest will have one, making it even harder to kill them as chitin shields will be considerably rare and you're sort of forced to be running around with dd/spear shields in the meanwhile. Dread Shields, a 300 AC bonus on a midget is not noteable?

Those earrings for priests, whatever they're called, are not going to make a difference at all? The Lugias with its 20HP bonus? The Sherion with its Sword Defence? And fuck knows what all the other items are they've added.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Make lv80 cap and rest of the other things be KE style. An additional few extra stats wouldnt make the server unbalance or fuck the server up.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

It's a level cap poll not an items poll . Good to see that the first 2 polls are for the version and the cap, the most broad things, nice way to start off, might as well make one for the uniques... and uniques only as I really doubt you want that duplex armor shit, keeping it to the normal shell set as max.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    It's a level cap poll not an items poll . Good to see that the first 2 polls are for the version and the cap, the most broad things, nice way to start off, might as well make one for the uniques... and uniques only as I really doubt you want that duplex armor shit, keeping it to the normal shell set as max.
    Don't even get me started again.

It's all connected in a way, you can't have a level 80 cap without the skills, you can't have the skills without the items, you can't have the items without the cap.... etc, etc, etc. Making even more topics about it is just going to cause more confusion.

And fuck knows what all the other items are they've added.
    I'm just talking about RoFD and Moradon expansions. The Forgotten Frontiers expansion's items that can not be recreated on a private server without the proper server files that support that version of the game engine. Nor would most ppl want these items considering they make the game pretty much based on luck.

Yes, Dread shields and personal shields make most priests abit harder to kill considering that all non unique shields suck bawlz and any priest that had a chitin shield in KE was just godly compared to anyone who didnt have one. It just makes the game even more balanced because then you wont just see the one clan that is able to take isiloon have all the chitin shields and just blow the rest of the ppl out of the water with no skill at all.

Normal shell set is the way to go as well. Im saying just put the weapons, shields and jewels in there with a bifrost event and/or a juraid event for the moradon expansion items and they wont imbalance pk in any way, other than make the godly chitin shield priests less powerful. Also the additional items and events add more end game content.
    Last edited by sir_locksley; 12-11-2009 at 01:51 PM.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

shell armors are the best... all the other private servers with Dragon flights and special valks are just plain ugly and fucks up the pk

Don't even get me started again.

It's all connected in a way, you can't have a level 80 cap without the skills, you can't have the skills without the items, you can't have the items without the cap.... etc, etc, etc. Making even more topics about it is just going to cause more confusion.
    From what I see I have the same opinion as you, level 70 cap with KE version and with just the KE items, so...
    The more polls, the more information gathered. It's not like creating polls on one specific detail over and over, this is a whole different discussion. Unless you guys want to leave it to the admins to decide on such an important detail as which items should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    I'm just talking about RoFD and Moradon expansions. The Forgotten Frontiers expansion's items that can not be recreated on a private server without the proper server files that support that version of the game engine. Nor would most ppl want these items considering they make the game pretty much based on luck.

Yes, Dread shields and personal shields make most priests abit harder to kill considering that all non unique shields suck bawlz and any priest that had a chitin shield in KE was just godly compared to anyone who didnt have one. It just makes the game even more balanced because then you wont just see the one clan that is able to take isiloon have all the chitin shields and just blow the rest of the ppl out of the water with no skill at all.
    You overrate chitin shields a lot.

There will be weapon defs on the server, which yet again will be overrated by everyone.

A chitin shield if not used properly won't give you that much of an advantage, just because you got a CS it doesn't exactly make you a good priest, you'll still suck and people will still roll over you. We've seen it back then, we've seen it in rofd with the few turks that still had their CS, +10s even and we've seen it on countless of private servers.

CS=/=godmode.

+ CSs are hard to get, I would assume that it would be a low drop rate from Isiloon, and an even lower/close to impossible rate on leasth.

+ CSs are hard to get, I would assume that it would be a low drop rate from Isiloon, and an even lower/close to impossible rate on leasth.
    If you get one clan that farms isiloon and can prevent anyone else from getting it, they end up being the only ones who got em, and then their parties will roll CZ effortlessly.

You overrate chitin shields a lot.

There will be weapon defs on the server, which yet again will be overrated by everyone.

A chitin shield if not used properly won't give you that much of an advantage, just because you got a CS it doesn't exactly make you a good priest, you'll still suck and people will still roll over you. We've seen it back then, we've seen it in rofd with the few turks that still had their CS, +10s even and we've seen it on countless of private servers.

CS=/=godmode.
    Well a priest that sucks that has a chitin shield is still gonna be WAY BETTER off than a priest that sucks and doesnt have one. The chitin shield has the most weapon defense of any item in the game, and the second best choices for shields in KE were DOL and SS, one of which had no weapon defense, and the other's only significant weapon defense was around 10 dagger. Of course a priest could go with the rare item weapon defense shields but those only get you so far. You could have a dagger D shield, a spearD shield, and a club/axe/sword shield. Those pretty much cover all the defense you would get from a chitin shield. ONE PROBLEM THO. What happens when you have ppl attacking with multiple different kinds of weapons? Non-unique weapon defense shield priests are INSTANTLY FUCKED, whereas a chitin shield priest can plop on a DD helmet and they can cover any kind of weapon's damage.

Don't try to tell me that CS wasn't overpowered in KE. Thats a whole load of bullshit. I've played priest back in KE on USKO with a chitin shield and without, and there is a HUGE difference.

Very low, somewhere near 1 CS out of 50 Isiloons.

1 CS out of 500 Lesaths.

+6 Spear def shield, 48 Spear def.

FP Gaunts +7/30 Sword Def.
    FP Helm +6/25 DD Def.
    FP Boots +6/25 Ax Def.
    FP Pads +5/20 Club Pads
    Talias, preferably 1 out of each.

I'm sorry, what did you say? You don't need a chitin shield to be a tank. Obviously it helps, but people overrate it, just like they do with the IN. The above item set makes you just as much of a tank than your example with the CS and DD Helm. Now we all know, people don't usually bother switching around gear because a) they're too lazy, b) can't multitaks, c) are just bad at this game or d) dead before they can react.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    If you get one clan that farms isiloon and can prevent anyone else from getting it, they end up being the only ones who got em, and then their parties will roll CZ effortlessly.

Well a priest that sucks that has a chitin shield is still gonna be WAY BETTER off than a priest that sucks and doesnt have one. The chitin shield has the most weapon defense of any item in the game, and the second best choices for shields in KE were DOL and SS, one of which had no weapon defense, and the other's only significant weapon defense was around 10 dagger. Of course a priest could go with the rare item weapon defense shields but those only get you so far. You could have a dagger D shield, a spearD shield, and a club/axe/sword shield. Those pretty much cover all the defense you would get from a chitin shield. ONE PROBLEM THO. What happens when you have ppl attacking with multiple different kinds of weapons? Non-unique weapon defense shield priests are INSTANTLY FUCKED, whereas a chitin shield priest can plop on a DD helmet and they can cover any kind of weapon's damage.

Don't try to tell me that CS wasn't overpowered in KE. Thats a whole load of bullshit. I've played priest back in KE on USKO with a chitin shield and without, and there is a HUGE difference.
    We both know that that clan that farms isiloon constantly does deserve to get good items once in a while. I would assume that Isiloon drop of CS would be like 5% or so, I would think that's fair, and on Lesath like a 1% chance.

We both know that that clan that farms isiloon constantly does deserve to get good items once in a while. I would assume that Isiloon drop of CS would be like 5% or so, I would think that's fair, and on Lesath like a 1% chance.
    Exactly my point, not to mention you get your own chance of taking over the castle, every week and farm your 2 isiloons a day yourself. People crying over a certain clan hogging all the isiloon's to itself is plain pathetic, do something about it. That's what the CSW is there for.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast