View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 70

    89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

    22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

    23 14.56%
  • 80

    11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

    0 0%
  • 83

    13 8.23%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 142

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by schrotti Very low, somewhere near 1 CS out of 50 Isiloons. 1 CS out of 500 Lesaths. ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Very low, somewhere near 1 CS out of 50 Isiloons.

    1 CS out of 500 Lesaths.


    +6 Spear def shield, 48 Spear def.

    FP Gaunts +7/30 Sword Def.
    FP Helm +6/25 DD Def.
    FP Boots +6/25 Ax Def.
    FP Pads +5/20 Club Pads
    Talias, preferably 1 out of each.

    I'm sorry, what did you say? You don't need a chitin shield to be a tank. Obviously it helps, but people overrate it, just like they do with the IN. The above item set makes you just as much of a tank than your example with the CS and DD Helm. Now we all know, people don't usually bother switching around gear because a) they're too lazy, b) can't multitaks, c) are just bad at this game or d) dead before they can react.
    Compare it to:

    Fp Helm +6/25 DD
    4x Chitin +8/15 health
    50 spearD
    50 swordD
    50 axeD
    50 clubD

    You got more health and AC + the extra weapon defense, and other than spear defense you got somewhere between 1.66->2.5 times as much weapon defense. On average ppl will have twice as high damage on you than the chitin shield priest.

    Oh Im sorry and what did you say? Priests can put on weapon defense armors and talias? GUESS WHAT!? So can chitin shield priests, and their bonuses are even more godly.

  2. #32
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    Oh Im sorry and what did you say? Priests can put on weapon defense armors and talias? GUESS WHAT!? So can chitin shield priests, and their bonuses are even more godly.
    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti
    Now we all know, people don't usually bother switching around gear because a) they're too lazy, b) can't multitaks, c) are just bad at this game or d) dead before they can react.
    You bore me :< I already said, bad priests will remain bad and will just drop as fast as they did before. Average priests, well, they'll live for 2-3 seconds longer. The Chitin Shield only really makes a difference on people that know how to use it alongside with your other item sets.

    Oh and no, your above statement is invalid, you could just as well stat yourself for the weapon def and weapon def armor set only, using the Talia for the extra AC and 50 Weapon def. Having 30 more points into HP thus gaining another 30 AC and quite the amount of health.

  3. #33
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Ok ill clasify this with you, most skills don't work properly?

    Sorry but lemme explain what we have on sexyko.

    Rogue:
    72: Blind - Doesn't work yet.
    75: Beast Hiding - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Critical Point - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Source Marking works 100% like USKO
    80: Weapon cancelation is still under progress.
    83: Eskrima - Works 100% like USKO.

    Mage:
    72: Staff - All works bar ice staff.
    75: Armor - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Blind/Vampiric Fire / Freezing Distance work 100% like USKO. Only bug is that you can un-do Freezing Distance with /unview command.
    Master skills - Mana shield works 100% like USKO.

    Warrior:
    Scream works
    Blooding still has to be bought up a little, not hard.
    Shock Stun works but with low rate atm.
    Cry Echo works.

    Priest:
    I know a few people who have curse refraction working atm.


    Regards tabbycat

  4. #34
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    You bore me :< I already said, bad priests will remain bad and will just drop as fast as they did before. Average priests, well, they'll live for 2-3 seconds longer. The Chitin Shield only really makes a difference on people that know how to use it alongside with your other item sets.

    Oh and no, your above statement is invalid, you could just as well stat yourself for the weapon def and weapon def armor set only, using the Talia for the extra AC and 50 Weapon def. Having 30 more points into HP thus gaining another 30 AC and quite the amount of health.
    You only say I bore you because I use your own arguments against you and your frustrated =[

    Actually no everything you say is pretty much invalid =| you only gain 1 AC point for every 2 HP so it would be 15 ac, and still not the same as having a chitin set. Sorry =[

    3x chitin +8/15 and 1x chitin shell gaunts +8/15=60 health bonus and 70 ac bonus compared to your weapon defense set.

    With the restat on a non-CS priest compared to CS priest:
    60-30= 30 health bonus
    70-15= 55 AC bonus
    1.66->2.5 times less weapon defense other than spearD.

    Thats a considerable amount of difference in stats IMO =|

    That is disregarding the talias, considering they break and cant be repaired so most priests use them sparingly. That and DONT FORGET, a CS priest can just as readily use those weapon defenses and talias and gain that extra AC from the talia and weapon defense from both=[


    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Ok ill clasify this with you, most skills don't work properly?

    Sorry but lemme explain what we have on sexyko.

    Rogue:
    72: Blind - Doesn't work yet.
    75: Beast Hiding - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Critical Point - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Source Marking works 100% like USKO
    80: Weapon cancelation is still under progress.
    83: Eskrima - Works 100% like USKO.

    Mage:
    72: Staff - All works bar ice staff.
    75: Armor - Works 100% like USKO.
    80: Blind/Vampiric Fire / Freezing Distance work 100% like USKO. Only bug is that you can un-do Freezing Distance with /unview command.
    Master skills - Mana shield works 100% like USKO.

    Warrior:
    Scream works
    Blooding still has to be bought up a little, not hard.
    Shock Stun works but with low rate atm.
    Cry Echo works.

    Priest:
    I know a few people who have curse refraction working atm.


    Regards tabbycat
    I believe Critical point on sexyko is just a buff of ap, so no its not the same as USKO. Beast hiding Im guessing probably works cuz all you have to do is make the rogue go stealth for a few seconds.

    Blooding does not work on a 1299 private server in any sense of the word because it created using a DOT that is dependent on AC given KE's game engine. So the DOT does more damage on lower AC characters, which makes it imbalanced in warrior vs. rogue/mage/priest compared to warrior vs. warrior.

  5. #35
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Ok ill clasify this with you, most skills don't work properly?

    Sorry but lemme explain what we have on sexyko.

    Rogue:
    72: Blind - Doesn't work yet.
    80: Weapon cancelation is still under progress.

    Mage:
    80: Blind/Vampiric Fire / Freezing Distance work 100% like USKO. Only bug is that you can un-do Freezing Distance with /unview command.
    Master skills - Mana shield works 100% like USKO.
    Level 80 light "Blink" doesnt work either
    Level 83's don't work either.

    Warrior:
    Blooding still has to be bought up a little, not hard.


    Priest:
    I know a few people who have curse refraction working atm.
    Superior Parasite(?)
    The other 3 Level 80 skills?
    The 15 Master Skill Thingy?
    The 83 Skills?


    Regards tabbycat
    Oops.


    Actually no everything you say is pretty much invalid =| you only gain 1 AC point for every 2 HP so it would be 15 ac, and still not the same as having a chitin set. Sorry =[
    1 AC for every 1 HP once you've reached 100hp.
    But hey, ROFD probably fucked that up too for all I know.

    And yet you still ignore the most important factor of all, the skil involvement.

    Now we all know, people don't usually bother switching around gear because a) they're too lazy, b) can't multitaks, c) are just bad at this game or d) dead before they can react.
    I already said, bad priests will remain bad and will just drop as fast as they did before. Average priests, well, they'll live for 2-3 seconds longer. The Chitin Shield only really makes a difference on people that know how to use it alongside with your other item sets.

  6. #36
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Now before you start saying shit scrotti and locksey, how about you actually go login sexyko and test for yourself. Cp isn't a ap buff, its a crit chance attack now, your ap doesn't increase in the slightest. Blink works 100% Vampiric works 100% mana shield works 100%. He hasn't put any 83 mage skills ingame yet so before trying to be funny actually check things out.


    Regards tabbycat

  7. #37
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Now before you start saying shit scrotti and locksey, how about you actually go login sexyko and test for yourself. Cp isn't a ap buff, its a crit chance attack now, your ap doesn't increase in the slightest. Blink works 100% Vampiric works 100% mana shield works 100%. He hasn't put any 83 mage skills ingame yet so before trying to be funny actually check things out.


    Regards tabbycat
    Where am I talking shit? I just pointed out what doesn't work on the few skills you listed that are supposed to work. I never played sexyko and never will, therefor I will never know what, according to you and others, works on it and what doesn't.

  8. #38
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Oops.




    1 AC for every 1 HP once you've reached 100hp.
    But hey, ROFD probably fucked that up too for all I know.

    And yet you still ignore the most important factor of all, the skil involvement.
    No, it's ALWAYS been 1 AC for every 2 HP once you've reached 100 hp. Sorry =[


    Oh I guess your right! A more skilled priest without a CS may do better than a complete nimrod on a priest. HOWEVER, if you give that same somewhat skilled priest a CS hes unstoppable because no other priest can keep their party alive as well as he can as long as they dont have CS's also =[

    The skill argument has no place in this debate. Try harder please =]

    This argument is fun =D I had no idea how I was gonna waste my time after my Vector final today, but hey this is amusing =P

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Where am I talking shit? I just pointed out what doesn't work on the few skills you listed that are supposed to work. I never played sexyko and never will, therefor I will never know what, according to you and others, works on it and what doesn't.
    He was probably referring more to me on that one.

    Maybe cp works, but I know for sure with the KE engine blooding will not work properly. End of story.

  9. #39
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    You said they don't work and yet you've never played that server? would you like to contradict yourself even more kind sir?

  10. #40
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    @ schrottis earlier post, i quite frankly don't know a lot and don't give a crap about the priests skills, you could try posting something helpful rather than pointless shit to be honest.

  11. #41
    Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    441

    Default

    but yea, I kinda agree With Schrotti on the skills...no point having some of the skills and not the rest. it just makes the gamepley unstable..
    Blink is essential to a light support mage, and for lvl80 priest the mana drain can be very useful against full healers..
    so yea, its either all or nothing if you ask me.

  12. #42
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    but yea, I kinda agree With Schrotti on the skills...no point having some of the skills and not the rest. it just makes the gamepley unstable..
    Blink is essential to a light support mage, and for lvl80 priest the mana drain can be very useful against full healers..
    so yea, its either all or nothing if you ask me.
    Basically lvl 70 cap is the way to go! Poll pretty much reflects that anyways :P

  13. #43
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Ya the mana drain (80 duff skill) discountis i think works perfectly also.

  14. #44
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Yup i like the 70 cap idea, but i would also like to see further expansions once ALL the skills are fixed give people something to look foward to.

    Regards tabbycat

  15. #45
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    You said they don't work and yet you've never played that server? would you like to contradict yourself even more kind sir?
    I don't. I pointed it out based on your post of skills that are supposed to work. How hard could that be?

    @ schrottis earlier post, i quite frankly don't know a lot and don't give a crap about the priests skills, you could try posting something helpful rather than pointless shit to be honest.
    How much of a use is it to post the few skills that are supposedly working when there's 15 more skills that don't? All I've stated was that the majority of skills do NOT work, which may not exactly be accurate but still, according to your own post, at least half of them don't.


    No, it's ALWAYS been 1 AC for every 2 HP once you've reached 100 hp. Sorry =[
    It's 1 AC for every 1 HP. Go restat on any of your private servers, test it yourself.


    Oh I guess your right! A more skilled priest without a CS may do better than a complete nimrod on a priest. HOWEVER, if you give that same somewhat skilled priest a CS hes unstoppable because no other priest can keep their party alive as well as he can as long as they dont have CS's also =[
    There's more to a priest than just tanking people. The timing of your heals, duffs and cures plays a huge factor in it just as well. Not to mention the people you party with, if you've got a bunch of people with you that know how to properly pk, the priest with the CS and full wep def set will drop in just about a few seconds anyway. The outcome of a party vs party depends on so much more factors than just weather if the priest is able to tank 4 instead of 5 people.

    The skill argument has no place in this debate. Try harder please =]
    Oh, but it does. In the end the outcome is 90% of the time always decided by skill.
    (That is if lag, and other interferences are not taking part of the fight :P)

    Once again, in the right hands a chitin shield IS godly, but you most certainly won't be seeing too many priests on this server other than a handful that know how to properly use it. All I'm saying is that you OVERRATE it. It's the best shield in the game no doubt, but very overrated. A skilled priest without a CS can do just as good if not better than an average priest with a CS.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •