View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll

89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

23 14.56%

11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

0 0%

13 8.23%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; If the perfect player has a CS, they are pretty much unkillable. Don't forget a HELL of a lot of ...
Page: 4

If the perfect player has a CS, they are pretty much unkillable. Don't forget a HELL of a lot of noobs play ko still, not many can pk very well.

Regards tabbycat

Axarus

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Yup i like the 70 cap idea, but i would also like to see further expansions once ALL the skills are fixed give people something to look foward to.

Regards tabbycat
    totally agree cause after most of players will get max level they will quit serv fast if there will be no any goal to reach

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

I'd take a dread shield with higher + than a cs anyday..
    cs is overrated (I've used both) and in most cases, the dread is a safer bet, easier to get higher +. cus If u have a cs, u'll not likely take it past +3 in the start.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

If the perfect player has a CS, they are pretty much unkillable. Don't forget a HELL of a lot of noobs play ko still, not many can pk very well.

Regards tabbycat
    That's what I've been saying all along.

Though, a CS doesn't exactly make you immortal, having 3-4 melees on you and a well timed mana drain and duff... you'll drop anyway. That is if you don't have a rogue or priest by you to support.. Or a mage to TP you out for that matter. Which in most cases you won't be seeing either. Most of the priests just care about spamming their party heals, drop a torment and leech the rest of the fight. Just like the majoritoy of rogues do not know how to play support.

It depends on the server type imo, if its a slow farm server, a cs would own. Back in the myko days, cs's were freaking awsome. Its just the increase in noobie ass townin rogues that makes the cs less valuable.

Regards tabbycat

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

IMO CS without the weapon defense would be pretty godly compared to everyone, but with weapon defenses, it's not so godly. Don't get me wrong, it's still the most amazing shield ever that will make you survive that much longer, but then again as schrotti said, there is tons of people out there that don't know how to use the shield properly with the combination of other defenses, and with the lack of skills.

Overall, since it would be almost impossible to get it from Lesath, and a very low chance getting it from Isiloon, there will be only very few CSs after some time, and yes it will probably be the top clan that has the 1-2 CSs, and whoever runs into that party will fear them. But that's what KO is all about, having and realizing who the top players are and fearing to run into that one specific party, or a certain player in a party, because you know it will be a tough challenge or you know you will simply get raped.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    A skilled priest without a CS can do just as good if not better than a shitty priest with a CS.
    Amended it for you D:

Every server ive played from USKO to private servers it has always been 2 hp points after 100 = 1 ac, at least for warrior. Dunno if its different for each class, but i thought for sure it was the same for every class.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    IMO CS without the weapon defense would be pretty godly compared to everyone, but with weapon defenses, it's not so godly.
    In any case, if your smart enough to use weapon defense with the CS, you would be smart enough to do so without it, and with the CS you get hit for the half of the damage regardless.

Same goes for if your dumb enough not to bother with changing weapon defense, you won't bother with or without the CS, and either way you still get hit for half of the damage if you have the CS. End of story.

It depends on the server type imo, if its a slow farm server, a cs would own. Back in the myko days, cs's were freaking awsome. Its just the increase in noobie ass townin rogues that makes the cs less valuable.

Regards tabbycat
    And I doubt this server will be a pk server in which CS's are easy to get. Thats obviously not what the majority of ppl want here on ko4life. If they wanted that, they'd go to sexyko.
    Last edited by sir_locksley; 12-11-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Regards tabbycat
    There is no perfect player. Maybe it's my ego talking, but I consider myself as top mage, or at least top of the line. I honestly don't think I make pretty much ANY mistakes at all when it comes to party pk, maybe once in a while.... and when I had a CS as a mage... well let's just say my party was feared and always surviving, but there are those times where you underestimate the opponents and you simply get killed. A person with a CS is easily killable even with just a party vs party (assuming there isn't like 3 priests in the party), and even more easier to kill if a few parties run into that party of the person with the CS... which in my case was the situation usually, my party vs 2-3 parties at the same time,.. most the times we win(but then again it was all top-notch pros that i've played with from the past 6 years of playing KO), sometimes we lose and all die.

Ate im sorry not perfect, but highly skilled.

BitterVet Senior Member PriestessRaina's Avatar

In terms of the 1 ac 1 hp - 1 ac 2 hp arguement, It has Always since the beginning of Ke been 1 Ac per 2 hp. On any class, Would know have played them all. As for schrotti's arguement about cs drop rate being 1-500. On a private server drop rates work completely different, I've personally tested an isiloon with a drop of .5% on a chittin shield and seen it drop 10 times out of 100 mobs. But if it had that drop rate on usko you can almost bet you'd never see it. As for level cap 70 was statistically the best cap for pk. All around the board it had a more balanced feel than 80, which is where warriors became even more dominate in pk. Some may argue that at level 70 rogues had the biggest advantage over any class, but a well played warrior could easily handle a rogue, as could a very skilled battle priest. Also in that sense a 70 cap provides the most amount of working skills, as to with the 80 cap it requires you to add and fix the majority of the new skills.

Tldr. Agree with locksley.

Mike/Ace/Vision/Raina

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Maybe it's my ego talking
    It is D:

Anyways my argument isn't that the CS should be removed. Obviously its an important part of the game, but I think the items from the RoFD expansion and Moradon expansion help balance the classes and different range of players. That way new people don't come into the server and feel like their ages behind the ppl who are at the top. They are given much more opportunities to get gear, obviously at a slow drop rate, but have the opportunity nonetheless.

PFC Senior Member

lvl 70 cap ofc ,
    would like to see later a 80 cap BUT only if u guys fix the skill to work properly like in usko either just let it on a lvl 70 Cap.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Instead of comparing some stupid wepongs and shit to another, better think what should be done to balance them out. It would be crime against our subconsciousness to leave cool wepongs out. Doesnt mean they need to come right away.

How about we stay on topic and talk about LEVELS lol?

Regards tabbycat

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Level 80!!!

Level 70 sux!!!

/run and hide

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast