View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll

89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

23 14.56%

11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

0 0%

13 8.23%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; If theres a post KE item added in game, i.e dread shield. Does this mean that 3 hours later, everyone ...
Page: 6

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

If theres a post KE item added in game, i.e dread shield. Does this mean that 3 hours later, everyone and their grandmom have 1? NO

Im in favor of adding all sorts of yber weapon or shield or what else u can imagine. But make it dam hard to get. Or even better, iv got a few ideas that would limit the number of cool items to bare minimum, creating a situation where only few ppl have them, making it dam desirable piece of pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Now before you start saying shit scrotti and locksey, how about you actually go login sexyko and test for yourself. Cp isn't a ap buff, its a crit chance attack now, your ap doesn't increase in the slightest. Blink works 100% Vampiric works 100% mana shield works 100%. He hasn't put any 83 mage skills ingame yet so before trying to be funny actually check things out.

Regards tabbycat
    Blink DOES NOT work 100%. you can only blink to a opposistion character, not any location within the range.

Quote Originally Posted by benson05 View Post
    Blink DOES NOT work 100%. you can only blink to a opposistion character, not any location within the range.
    On the test server yes it does sir. It will be implemented when other skills are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    On the test server yes it does sir. It will be implemented when other skills are fixed.
    well there you go, on the TEST SERVER, which is not open to the public, correct? So how would we be able to test them out if it wasnt implemented on the actual server?

Thanks for the details though.

Banned

70 cap definately. Might think of 80 cap aswell, but only if all the skills are working, which i doubt is possible since noone has got all the 70+ skills to work properly yet. But meh, someone has to be first

I read the comments about items and i agree with Zingery. There should be continous upgrade indeed. But the items shouldn't be too easy to get, so there's always somewhere to move on. Also the money should have value. Scolls and pots can be free or what ever, but it would be cool if the merchant prices were something usko like

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Schrotti, first you say you want it to be based on skill not items then you say "oh we cant have personals because then everyone would have the shield." Well, if everyone has the shield, isn't it more based on skill than if some people have shit items and some have CS's? Obviously an item or 2 doesn't magically make a bad person good, but you shouldn't compare a bad priest with a CS against a good priest with no CS. If you compare good priests with CS against good priests without who do you think will win? I'm not saying take out the CS or give everyone a CS or anything, I just fail to see how everyone having a personal shield is less about skill than a few people having CS.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    How about this... let's make this server just like half the private servers out there, pretty much have everyone have the same gear? The point to KO in the KE version was that you worked for your items, and not reach a certain level to receive a rare item. In order to work for that item it would usually create teamwork amongst others, why clans were so important back then. I simply don't want a server where people can think they can run around by themselves and be the best,... I want people applying to clan topics in searching for clan, because not only does it create friendship between others, but it makes it much more fun, and as well as making your character much better geared out (that is receiving from how much afford you put into). If you are going to put things like Dread Shields and does other shields then it will certainly ruin the pk. I know for a fact when going up against someone with a CS, yes they are killable, but to kill them takes proper timing and teamwork, which as someone said they are almost unkillable. If we were to add dread shields then with the additional weapon defenses it would be worse then it is in ROFD, making it almost impossible to kill each other as the damage reduction would be tremendous, and don't forget, with the level 70 cap there isn't much AP going at with rouges/warriors so it would be unbelievably hard. CSs have always been the rarest item in the game in BETA and KE, and that is the way it should stay,... having a CS people look upon you as god (even though not actually), and that's the way it should stay, because does people that do deserve the CS (1 in who knows how many, as these will be extremely rare here) should also deserve the bigger difference in the weapon defenses, and not have it similar to something that would probably drop easily elsewhere (DS).

My thoughts exactly. :O Acquiring these items is indeed part of the game imo, part of ceperating the better in cooperation/gameplay from those who would be unable to attain such level on their own.

A cs priest is still easiest to kill with rogues btw, especially if they have a good cancel.

---

I would like to see the it being capped at 70, maybe to expand to a higher level (like 75), but never to expand to extra items/skills. As the level cap rises, and char-builds are ready, ppl will just pump HP, taking the fun out of pk.

---

About the priest build: even though i've always played priest, I'm not entirely sure how AC much each HP point above 100 gives to a priest. (lol) I googled it, some say every 2 HP pts, some say every HP pt. I'm only certain that every 2 INT pts above 100, a priest receives 1 resist everything. A fp def priest (gob pads/pauld) also has 40 ac less than a chitin+7/hp priest with the same items/lvl, i dont know what the hp diff is.

- Finduilas/Azshara.
    Last edited by Finduilas; 12-12-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Banned

start from lvl 1 and lvl to 83... lvl 80 skills..

vhf

lvl 70. could have been 72 so BPs can do something, and mages having their staffs.

Would be better to keep it 70 and just increase judgement so its not as strong as helis but not as flimsy as judgement.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhf View Post
    lvl 70. could have been 72 so BPs can do something, and mages having their staffs.
    whaa?
    bps pwn at 70.
    and upping the dmg of judgement would just make this unfair.
    with all the duffskills the bp has, he can hit any opponent hard with judgement:P

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I still don't understand why we are talking about BPs. If you are talking in the sense of them soloing, then yeah that's argueable that they are underpowered there, but once again, KE is team based, not solo based... thus why they are imo quite overpowered (knowing that most bps go duff) and with subside/torment, the BPs' party not only will they kill the other party in a second, but none of them will pretty much get touched... and I'm saying this because people usually don't go as a lvl 70 buffer, as the only thing they got is party cure and small heals (and well buffs if u consider going on them, but the top clans don't ever go on buffs, thus why the people that go on them aren't good overall usually).

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

OK What people will have to remember the model we use will be accurate to the KO type. We will take in the feedback and adjust the server to suit the demands with out destroying the purity of the server.

Dustin

voted 70-80 so Priests can have helis.

72 isnt going to happen, you have the possible options above.

Regards tabbycat

70 sounds the best option for most people, and most people would prefer the good old KE times. But people will get bored after a while. All they will be able to do is pk, and yes after a while that does get boring. Exping is half the fun of KO, thats where you meet new people and have fun. I do prefer 70 cap servers, but only if they are quite difficult and there are alot of events and things to keep people occupied. And also if you are going to go with the 70 cap KE server, dont add any of the new weapons that weren't in the game when KE was around, it just ruins the pk in my opinion.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast