View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 70

    89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

    22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

    23 14.56%
  • 80

    11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

    0 0%
  • 83

    13 8.23%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 142

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Reason why the forums took so long to reopen was there are several sites hosted on this server. The hacker ...
Page: 9


  1. #121
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Reason why the forums took so long to reopen was there are several sites hosted on this server. The hacker got into the database of the server and left 100's of scripts and back doors. Devile had to make sure that everything was delt with before relaunching. He is actually moving server to keep his high standard of work.

    The hacking cost Devile ALOT of time and money to fix and it's a 1 man job at that extent.

    The 2 guys who are working with me are well known and Devile trusts them complealty. When I gave Devile my brief and plan for the project we spoke about aspects and he will be involed but he trusts me and the 2 other managers enough to do this project.

    Remember I am still one of the few admins Devile ever picked for this job and he trusts me compleatly and haas done for some time. Hell I can even log Z4 on if I really wanted to again. Devile will help us as much as we need but ultimatley it will be 3 of us responsable for the server. My role is to work with the public and the staff, it's what I do best but also remember I am a computing student also so I am able to help and deal with problems. Actually all of the managment have advanced level skills in IT so we can do whats needed.

  2. #122
    ಠ_ಠ Senior Member loveya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    When r you guys planing on getting this server up btw ??

  3. #123
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    When r you guys planing on getting this server up btw ??
    late january/early february

  4. #124
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    62 ftw , no need more , easy kill , easy die , best survive

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    136

    Default

    grobs lets go for 70 this time
    62 is too low ^^

  6. #126
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    70 lvl is easy the best option beacuse most ppl miss the KE times ^^ also even tho i played in 62 server we had alot fun time even tho sometimes we were asking for 70 lvl but 70 lvl KE time is the best

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Level 80, classes are more balanced as long as you can keep uniques to +0/+1 and high class and unique items to +8.

    Level 70 cap will be sin dominated in CZ and 1v1's, if we put up a 70 warrior vs 70 sin with +0 uniques and +8 shells, both play their class perfectly it will result in the sin winning with over half hp. At 70 warrior doesn't have enough AP to damage 1050+ac iron set good minor sin. Things like duration potion on magic shield will make sins overpowered in CZ, they can walk in a group of 8 kill 1-2 and run out without being killed.

    I think maybe 72 cap would do better then 70, atleast bp's and mages get some decent skills. If its 70 then probably need to bring back MP gear damage in CZ, to give paper mages some serious damage like in the old days.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    Level 80, classes are more balanced as long as you can keep uniques to +0/+1 and high class and unique items to +8.

    Level 70 cap will be sin dominated in CZ and 1v1's, if we put up a 70 warrior vs 70 sin with +0 uniques and +8 shells, both play their class perfectly it will result in the sin winning with over half hp. At 70 warrior doesn't have enough AP to damage 1050+ac iron set good minor sin. Things like duration potion on magic shield will make sins overpowered in CZ, they can walk in a group of 8 kill 1-2 and run out without being killed.

    I think maybe 72 cap would do better then 70, atleast bp's and mages get some decent skills. If its 70 then probably need to bring back MP gear damage in CZ, to give paper mages some serious damage like in the old days.
    70 is the cap, and that's final
    I'll let you connect the dots.
    1) You're never going to see that happen.
    2) Warriors were more feared in cz then anything else in KE times, that's if you ran with parties.... if you ran solo, then I'd understand why you fear rouges so much.
    3) You will see alot of rouges, and this one is for sure, switching to hp potting since they can't control the minor with such a low MP pool.... and most of those who can, will die as their minor will be as slow as shit. Out of all 4 classes, rouge is my worst, and ffs, I can even minor amazing in the ROFD version with such a big mana pool... I wanna see someone try that in KE.
    4) What people don't realize is that mages can own CZ in KE. Never has it been probably seen before or done before, simply because back then we didn't know any better. You get 2 priests, 6 fire mages... go through cz... drop JUST 1 nova from each mage and you will destroy everything in the way, simply because it's lvl 70 cap, the hp/resistances are low. Other then that, what all mages did was stick to parties and support, as their role should be played.

    Connect four.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    70 is the cap, and that's final
    I'll let you connect the dots.
    1) You're never going to see that happen.
    2) Warriors were more feared in cz then anything else in KE times, that's if you ran with parties.... if you ran solo, then I'd understand why you fear rouges so much.
    3) You will see alot of rouges, and this one is for sure, switching to hp potting since they can't control the minor with such a low MP pool.... and most of those who can, will die as their minor will be as slow as shit. Out of all 4 classes, rouge is my worst, and ffs, I can even minor amazing in the ROFD version with such a big mana pool... I wanna see someone try that in KE.
    4) What people don't realize is that mages can own CZ in KE. Never has it been probably seen before or done before, simply because back then we didn't know any better. You get 2 priests, 6 fire mages... go through cz... drop JUST 1 nova from each mage and you will destroy everything in the way, simply because it's lvl 70 cap, the hp/resistances are low. Other then that, what all mages did was stick to parties and support, as their role should be played.

    Connect four.
    1. why won't we see it happen? you really think a warrior is going to own a sin in 1v1.. or even redball the sin? Go on a private server lvl 70 cap and try beat a sin with a warrior.
    2. actually sins were more feared, dunno what server you played but back on ares, rogues ran CZ (NYChris, SomethingSmells, Bobert etc), Orc warriors back then weren't considered great, the ones who did make a name for themselves pked with MorbidlyTwisted (GMPowered int priest).
    3. I think every rogue these days have good mana control, if they are hp potting when they aren't full mana or slowed or curing then they are losing 400hp (give or take). I don't think anyone who hasn't got decent minor will be playing rogue.
    4. without 72 skills, you wont see any lightning mages.. support mages will be ice/light. Every other mage will be fire.


    My post seems like it is against rogues, but im merely stating the facts.. ive played a sin for years and just saying how i see it, sin if played well is above every other class at lvl 70.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    1. why won't we see it happen? you really think a warrior is going to own a sin in 1v1.. or even redball the sin? Go on a private server lvl 70 cap and try beat a sin with a warrior.
    2. actually sins were more feared, dunno what server you played but back on ares, rogues ran CZ (NYChris, SomethingSmells, Bobert etc), Orc warriors back then weren't considered great, the ones who did make a name for themselves pked with MorbidlyTwisted (GMPowered int priest).
    3. I think every rogue these days have good mana control, if they are hp potting when they aren't full mana or slowed or curing then they are losing 400hp (give or take). I don't think anyone who hasn't got decent minor will be playing rogue.
    4. without 72 skills, you wont see any lightning mages.. support mages will be ice/light. Every other mage will be fire.


    My post seems like it is against rogues, but im merely stating the facts.. ive played a sin for years and just saying how i see it, sin if played well is above every other class at lvl 70.
    1) I said that simply because there won't be such a thing as same gear or same skills level, there will always be a difference, even if it's the slightest change. I've played KE for quite some time a few years ago,... and all I can say is that rouges weren't overpowered at all. The way I see it, you are trying to say that rouges are overpowered, but in the solo kind of way... which is totally the opposite of what KE really is, as it is a party/clan based pk. You want to solo? Sure get raped by a rouge, that's what they always go for first. You want to solo as a rouge and think you can kill anyone? Sure then, do what the turkish rouges do to gain np, stay beside ob, wait even 10 minutes and get that chance to spike that lil green guy for the 50 np. It's party based the way I see it, and the way it was,... and in parties, rouges are just as equal as all other classes in my opinion.
    2) The names that you mentioned, didn't they all have like uber gear? And weren't they like the first ones to actually get the hang of minoring? Cause from what I remember, all the videos that I watched made my rouges from KE times have been hp potting, except a few like 0 and them. I know for a fact I hated getting spammed 700s from that lvl 70 warrior with rappy +7 then getting spiked by a rouge for 1k with dual shards +7. Rouges are instant damage, if you are solo, then simply... good luck, if you are in a party, no trouble what soever.
    3) I won't say anything about the mana control, but I'm sure most will cry at how much they are dieing due to it. It's not the same controlling 3k (1.5 soul pots) with 6-7k. But hey, I might be wrong, even though I stand by my opinion until most of the rouges in the server become everyone's nightmare.
    4) Lighting mages? I honestly don't remember seeing pretty much any lighting mages in KE, at least not any known ones. It was simple. The known support mages were ice/light, and the known killer mages were fire/ice... and I loved it. Lighting in KE simply didn't stun at all, and was useless... even in ROFD, until they boosted the stun rate and people started switching up to it.

  11. #131
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    3) I won't say anything about the mana control, but I'm sure most will cry at how much they are dieing due to it. It's not the same controlling 3k (1.5 soul pots) with 6-7k. But hey, I might be wrong, even though I stand by my opinion until most of the rouges in the server become everyone's nightmare.
    And that's why I love KO/KE so much. All those random noob rogues will be dead meat without their 5k mana and +3 jewel sets. It's rather easy to effectively control your minor with only 2.3k mana.. it only really becomes hard when you're 2.1k or below.

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    4) Lighting mages? I honestly don't remember seeing pretty much any lighting mages in KE, at least not any known ones. It was simple. The known support mages were ice/light, and the known killer mages were fire/ice... and I loved it. Lighting in KE simply didn't stun at all, and was useless... even in ROFD, until they boosted the stun rate and people started switching up to it.
    Camaz0tz, Pyro, HighVoltage, Lerva, _f4lc0n_, RideOn

    just to name a few diez ones.

  12. #132
    Senior Member Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Im Hungry!
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post

    Camaz0tz, Pyro, HighVoltage, Lerva, _f4lc0n_, RideOn

    just to name a few diez ones.
    dont forget Devile and Csirke!

    altho i dont remember if Devile's mage was destroyed by that time

  13. #133
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Meh, devile kept changing his build on a daily basis. Csirke was crap!

    But that reminds me of GeForce wasn't he light as well? And Abyss after he hit 70.. and uh, that other 2 lvl 70 mages in that whatever the name was clan, both orcs.

  14. #134
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Calling lerva a lightning mage is a direct inslut at me.






  15. #135
    Senior Member Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Im Hungry!
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Meh, devile kept changing his build on a daily basis. Csirke was crap!

    But that reminds me of GeForce wasn't he light as well? And Abyss after he hit 70.. and uh, that other 2 lvl 70 mages in that whatever the name was clan, both orcs.

    nah Geforce was fire and Csirke was fun!

    Jaoz or what ever was his name that lvl 70 i dont remember the other one

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •