Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 153

Power Up Store

This is a discussion on Power Up Store within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; The main reason the game was better in the 'glory days' was because no one knew exactly what to do, ...
Page: 4


  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leicester, England
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    The main reason the game was better in the 'glory days' was because no one knew exactly what to do, so you were discovering the game with your friends and thats what made it fun. To be honest, I also found it more fun back then but I think this server will restore the fun into KO that K2 has taken away from the game.

  2. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Diez
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brahman View Post
    you must have not played when there was no scrolls at all in KO... that was its glory years my friends.
    yeah, that was the "good old days" when you have to worry about swift, buff, all of that shit.

    you have to look at the bigger picture, although some people on here are rather mature, you have got those kids that will just make characters to piss people off, then town. look at the cooldown of legcut its like what? 3 seconds?. could you imagine a priest just running around cz tormenting you then just instant town? there is no way anyone would stay here that long if we just completely removed scrolls. the 15 str/dex/hp scrolls are there for people that donate, if they donate, then they get a reward ingame.

    the scroll prices will remain the current prices they are. no deduction will be put on swift scrolls or anything of that nature. if you want a speed boost, make a rogue.

  3. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    remove PUS, then we will see who is the best.. Babashopping/USD played too much part in USKO. Keep scrolls in sundries, 20m for atk/hp/ac scrolls and 10m for speed scrolls is fair price. If we have to spend money to compete then whats the difference between this and k2?

    44m per scroll is plain ridiculous, you will need to sell iron neck to get a pack of scrolls.. =\

  4. #49
    Senior Member :Blaster:'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CZ
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    remove PUS, then we will see who is the best.. Babashopping/USD played too much part in USKO. Keep scrolls in sundries, 20m for atk/hp/ac scrolls and 10m for speed scrolls is fair price. If we have to spend money to compete then whats the difference between this and k2?

    44m per scroll is plain ridiculous, you will need to sell iron neck to get a pack of scrolls.. =\
    If I invest my money to a private server I will be more than HAPPY thatmost of it goes to a charity as they said!

  5. #50
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    remove PUS, then we will see who is the best.. Babashopping/USD played too much part in USKO. Keep scrolls in sundries, 20m for atk/hp/ac scrolls and 10m for speed scrolls is fair price. If we have to spend money to compete then whats the difference between this and k2?

    44m per scroll is plain ridiculous, you will need to sell iron neck to get a pack of scrolls.. =\

    Will you pay for the servers then?

  6. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Will you pay for the servers then?
    The servers can be paid in other means, Premiums, Nation Transfer, Name change etc. Whats the difference between a babashopper and someone who spends 500usd on scrolls to sell them in merchant? they are the same.

  7. #52
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    The servers can be paid in other means, Premiums, Nation Transfer, Name change etc. Whats the difference between a babashopper and someone who spends 500usd on scrolls to sell them in merchant? they are the same.

    Ppl wont buy as much premium once they hit 70 howeever server costs will still be the same. So the costs have to be filled with the ppl buying scrolls.

  8. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Ppl wont buy as much premium once they hit 70 howeever server costs will still be the same. So the costs have to be filled with the ppl buying scrolls.
    There will always be new ppl joining if the server is successful. You will see that once the server is out and work out the math that the server will make a tonne more just from premiums then the actual costs of running the server. I wouldn't mind if that was the case, after all they are putting in time and effort so they should be rewarded in some way.

    If babashopping is a cool thing for you, then that's your opinion.

  9. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    dont make it like usko....400 % exp boost for premiums and crap for non-premiums
    probably the most important thing

  10. #55
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    There will always be new ppl joining if the server is successful. You will see that once the server is out and work out the math that the server will make a tonne more just from premiums then the actual costs of running the server. I wouldn't mind if that was the case, after all they are putting in time and effort so they should be rewarded in some way.

    If babashopping is a cool thing for you, then that's your opinion.

    The admins or gms dont get any reward. The money that doesnt go to the server cus its already paid goes to a chairity.

  11. #56
    Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    There will always be new ppl joining if the server is successful. You will see that once the server is out and work out the math that the server will make a tonne more just from premiums then the actual costs of running the server. I wouldn't mind if that was the case, after all they are putting in time and effort so they should be rewarded in some way.

    If babashopping is a cool thing for you, then that's your opinion.
    Actually, no...This was addressed by Felix if you cared to read his post regarding to Power-Up Store purchases and donations.

  12. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    Actually, no...This was addressed by Felix if you cared to read his post regarding to Power-Up Store purchases and donations.
    He stated that money will go to charity, I care and i have read all the posts maybe if you cared you could point out how to stop babashopping and ppl spending 500 usd on scrolls to merchant.. on that note you could also tell us how we can make 150m for a pack of scrolls without selling our uniques. Unless theres some bus duping going on then expect rol prices to be around 300m for first 3-4 months of server.

    Im just hoping the server will be based on skill and teamwork, not usd.

  13. #58
    Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    He stated that money will go to charity, I care and i have read all the posts maybe if you cared you could point out how to stop babashopping and ppl spending 500 usd on scrolls to merchant.. on that note you could also tell us how we can make 150m for a pack of scrolls without selling our uniques. Unless theres some bus duping going on then expect rol prices to be around 300m for first 3-4 months of server.

    Im just hoping the server will be based on skill and teamwork, not usd.
    I have confident in staff who will look out for things and take any necessary action to prevent them.

  14. #59
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    He stated that money will go to charity, I care and i have read all the posts maybe if you cared you could point out how to stop babashopping and ppl spending 500 usd on scrolls to merchant.. on that note you could also tell us how we can make 150m for a pack of scrolls without selling our uniques. Unless theres some bus duping going on then expect rol prices to be around 300m for first 3-4 months of server.

    Im just hoping the server will be based on skill and teamwork, not usd.
    Buying from PUS =/= babashopping. I think you're talking about GB selling, which is an eintirely different situation. Its a way to get igc for USD, but the exchange rate is always much worse than if you buy items from a GM. Also, with babashopping, items are essentially bought for nothing (in terms of igc), but with selling PUS items, the amount of igc remains the same, who has it just changes. Babashopping also usually refers to unlikely items, such as +8s in a new server, +9s in a mid life server, or +10s anywhere, which igc earned from the PUS will not help you to obtain. If you want a server with free scrolls where you don't have to spend a little money, go join a pk server.

  15. #60
    Senior Member Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    2,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Buying from PUS =/= babashopping. I think you're talking about GB selling, which is an eintirely different situation. Its a way to get igc for USD, but the exchange rate is always much worse than if you buy items from a GM. Also, with babashopping, items are essentially bought for nothing (in terms of igc), but with selling PUS items, the amount of igc remains the same, who has it just changes. Babashopping also usually refers to unlikely items, such as +8s in a new server, +9s in a mid life server, or +10s anywhere, which igc earned from the PUS will not help you to obtain. If you want a server with free scrolls where you don't have to spend a little money, go join a pk server.
    Then you're opinion of "babashopping" is different then countless others I'd say. When I think of it, I think of using real curreny (usd, euro, etc) for a game in order for some type of "boost" we'll call it. If someone is willing to spend hundreds of usd on scrolls in the pus, in order to sell scrolls in game, that will obviously effect the market in many ways. I agree with Steven, there should be no scrolls what-so-ever, and if any, swift pots in sundires. Now how to replace the loss of the donations towards scrolls? Obviously, if the server is succesful, halfing the price of current usko premium shouldn't be a problem at all, especially considering I can virtually guarentee 75%+ of the ko4life population has boughten premium in usko before, 17.50$ sounds plenty fair for premium in my eyes in return receiving a well ran, good support, and enjoyable server. Other ways, although I'm not sure possible, adding noah increasment scrolls (forgot the usko name), exp scrolls (read below), pathos/valkryies (if possible) could definetly fill up the gap of the loss of money. There ARE other ways to make money, we just need to think. What can be made a profit from, without ruining the game play itself.

    Most of you will argue that exp scrolls will cause a major gap in the levels between those who can and cannot afford them, I beg to difer. These scrolls should be a maxium of 20%, which on an average monster in usko today, say booroo which is 100k without any type of exp boost, with 20% it'd only be around 105k.


    I am going to agree whole heartly on what Steven is saying, players in usko (50%+) live off of babashopped gear, and scrolls. Without either of these, we can see who REALLY is the best, and ALL classes will be put to use, as they were originally intented to do.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •